• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

PB&J

Smash Hero
Kage- sion probably has the mind of a pro but he needs so more national exp,hes good though,i like his style with falco,he plays like florida alot sometimes but mix's it up too

:phone:

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
PC chris is sooooo good. recently i talked to him a lil and watch him play and he is no where close to being bad.
he doesnt play falco any more ( at least from the recent vids i watched recently)
and the old metagame had alot to do with him winning. back in 06-08
and trying to impress with tech skill doesnt make you win
and i never worry about tech skill ,cause i pretty much have it all besides repeated jc shines, and i dont need that any way. i could use double shines tho. tech skill is bad for falco mains to abuse because you pretty much want to make them feel pressured with a simple concept then switch it up.
i dont even know what im talking about anymore

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'm sure he'll do fine, he crushed SW already, 3 times in one tournament. (Crews, MM, tournament) What more do you really need? He's better than Blunted who already places 17th in nationals, he can do better for sure.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
oh i thought you were talking about PC chris beating SW in tourny 3 times recently, cause of what silentswag was saying.

Kosine

Smash Cadet
pretty sure falco beats samus with just laser and down air. maybe just down air. its pretty bad... i dont know why people think that matchup is bad/difficult for falco

PB&J

Smash Hero
What happens with samus vs falco is the falco does a dumb approach gets crouch canceled dsmashed to each guarded but i like playing falco vs her than fox. Plup is raising the bar with samus so lets see what happens @ apex vs all the falcos vs him

:phone:

JPOBS

Smash Hero
well people say its difficult for falco because

- he cant get away with typical shield pressure shenanigans because upB oos > pressure
- he gets edgeguarded well by samus, and edgeguarding her isn't the easiest
- her general character is annoying. Strong CC, wavedash shenanigans. Certain aspects of her character make her difficult to combo, like sometimes she gets the body contortion on the dair and then your shine misses and then you eat a dsmash.

Granted all these things can be worked around. But samus isn't bad enough that you can just flat out beat her like you can a lot of the lower tiers. and the better samus mains have been saying samus falco is 50/50 for years now so there obviously a reason for that.

Niko45

Smash Master
Nice post on shield pressure druggedfox.

PC's Falco ***** it's hands down the hardest character of his for me to fight.

@AA- when is shine waveland punishing NOT optimal, really?

Bones0

Smash Legend
Nice post on shield pressure druggedfox.

PC's Falco ***** it's hands down the hardest character of his for me to fight.

When your shine is staled, or vs. some of the floatier characters at various %s.

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
When the shine is stale and the opponent is on the ground or when you're not 100% sure you'll make it in time before the opponent touches the ground, you'd better just wait under them and punish their tech or just aerial them, or WL on platform > react to the tech. Also, some characters aren't as easy to combo with shines as fastfallers, like Sheik/Peach/Puff/Marth, but they're weak when they're in the air above you, so you'd get a better reward just waiting a bit under them and punishing their actions just on reaction. And Uairing from below ***** =D

Of course shine > WL is damn useful and a very strong follow-up, but sometimes there are better mix-ups that give you the opportunity to keep pressuring the opponent rather than dropping the combo and kinda resetting the situation

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Forward will always be relevant to the metagame.
<3

I'll have to give this message to Sean =)

And yeah DF good post that helped me a lot. Makes me think of being more aware of what I'm doing and when. Gotta figure out the situations of when to use everything.

EWC

Smash Ace
Shine waveland is suboptimal at mid percents on pretty much every non-fastfaller most of the time.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
no, what? the staleness is almost irrelevant because of the followups after the shine lol
I think bones is referring to the opponent being in a grounded state because they didn't tech, since if you shine them during that they immediately go to the neutral state and fly really high etc etc

If it's not what he was referring to, it's the reason i don't use shine waveland sometimes at least xDD

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Yo DruggedFox I played at a smashfest for a while today and I kept your post about spacing around shield grab vertically in mind and it helped my shield pressure SO MUCH

HOLY ****

everyone pay attention to that **** it is not hard to implement and it ****S PEOPLE UP

edit: i mean your post wasn't just about that spacing, but that's the part i implemented. it *****.

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
PC's Falco is reallllly good, idk what ur talking about swag
PC chris is sooooo good. recently i talked to him a lil and watch him play and he is no where close to being bad.
he doesnt play falco any more ( at least from the recent vids i watched recently)
and the old metagame had alot to do with him winning. back in 06-08

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I have returned from strange Twitch training in Pennsylvania(shoutouts to my grandmother).

I've spent a majority of my time re-learning things I came up with that one day I played amazingly but I'm remembering a lot of it now.

A ton of my issue is/was based on my mood, and being more positive lately has done wonders for my play. It keeps my ego out of the game, keeps me learning, and allows me to retain memory of my play more(which is great for me since I used to be pathetically reliant on videos for any recollection of my play).

random things!

-uptilt isn't too great for comboing Falco for me(compared to how much I use it vs anyone else including Fox)...pushing him out or down is better

-fighting marth and sheik feels like I'm playing lots of spacing games, whereas playing against spacies I feel like I'm trying to establish a certain situation and spacing feels more abstract due to Falco's lasers extending his "space" and Fox's speed being a bigger force to "space" around than his actual moves

-pushing backward in a dash dance often makes me lose opportunities to punish with Falco though it does keep me pretty safe. this is probably why I started talking about that WD toward marth thing a few weeks ago though(to reset my dd area once laser control is established)

with a little time to go until Apex I feel pretty good but not where I'd like to be. If I prepare hard enough I believe I still have some shot at winning though.

Edit: oh yeah I'll respond to some posts in this thread in a bit or tomorrow.

Top Bottom