• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
PC Ain't even that good :p!

Hax would beat PP in Falcon dittos >.< I think you guys give him too much credit (or maybe I've just never seen his Falcon lol)

vs M2k idk? I saw PP ****ing up M2K in dittos not too long ago.
vs Fox (dunno who's the best fox, maybe Jman) I could see either person winning but I'd lean towards jman.

Mango is the truth
I'm not riding him,but I still have confidence his anything > anyone else
If it ain't Scorp a Dorp it's done PP

Scorpion Mango > PP
Mango's Falco > Pp
Mango's Marth > PP
Mango's Fox > PP..
Mango's Falcon > PP

P.s Armada destroys anyone, especially another peach.
And I never wanna see HBox in another jiggs ditto again
get off Mango's ****, damn.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
:( I'm heartbroken I just said I wasn't on his ****.
Even though I've seen him getting ****ed up for the past 3/4th of a year I've never stopped thinking he was the best player/my favorite player.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
different people treat friendlies differently
most mid or lower level players take friendlies more seriously than top level players because it's their best chance to improve (since they're usually out of the bracket early/don't make it out of pools)
some top players against eachother take it seriously to get better
some don't because they don't want people to learn their style or they just want to **** around and try new things they wouldn't dare try in tourney

personally i bair a lot whether it's tourney or friendly

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya for sure you go for more risky stuff since it's fun but.. I mean if was someone else that got ***** constantly then are they going to also say it's only a friendly? lol. He said he wanted to practice vs a fast faller so I give him what I could... Falcon dittos.. lol.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yea people john a lot you can't get around it and then they call out other people for johning and it's just ********

i just play and kill people, win fights

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
PC Ain't even that good :p!

Hax would beat PP in Falcon dittos >.< I think you guys give him too much credit (or maybe I've just never seen his Falcon lol)

vs M2k idk? I saw PP ****ing up M2K in dittos not too long ago.
vs Fox (dunno who's the best fox, maybe Jman) I could see either person winning but I'd lean towards jman.

Mango is the truth
I'm not riding him,but I still have confidence his anything > anyone else
If it ain't Scorp a Dorp it's done PP

Scorpion Mango > PP
Mango's Falco > Pp
Mango's Marth > PP
Mango's Fox > PP..
Mango's Falcon > PP

P.s Armada destroys anyone, especially another peach.
And I never wanna see HBox in another jiggs ditto again
You do realize that all of these matches have happened right? And the outcomes are quite varied and probably a lot different than you think.

Real talk: Get off Youtube and go to tournaments and you'll realize the real dynamics between pros are a lot different than you think. Tons of matches/situations/etc occur outside of what gets recorded and you can't gauge skill/outcomes based off of videos.

Actually, if you paid attention to armada's peach dittos with american peaches, you'd see that they're often far less in his favor than they should be, considering the skill gap; he'll either drop games, or have insanely close matches with players that he might have no issue with had they mained another character. If anything, "armada destroys anyone... except other peaches" is a far more accurate statement.
Wonder what this says about Peach... /subjective

Regardless, this is a good example of the point I was mentioning: watching tourney videos =/= having insight into that tourney/matchup between players.

get off Mango's ****, damn.
And yeah, lots of this. His play is brilliant and he's pure inspiration for any Smasher (very much myself included) but he is also human and is not uncatchable. People talked the same way about Ken and M2K before him. Until Mango takes his title back, Kevin is the best, according to results, at this moment.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Hax lost to Dr.PP in Falcon dittos MM before fyi.

Also if Over finished off M2K, he'd have Tope next (lol), and then finish at least 5th. =(

Strawhat also got 17th at Pound 5 which isn't too bad.

unknown522

Some guy
strawhat was like 20x better at Pound 4. over was some 50x better. i really wish i knew what happened with those two, they were so ridiculously good at Pound 4 for two guys most of us have never heard of.

i miss having a technical spacy to practice with. all i got is my exroommate who just knows how to get out of combos / not do anything else.

=(

SUMMERRRRRRRR
he seemed about the same skill. But then again I'm only basing it off friendlies from pound 4 (though that shouldn't really have any merit), where my falco kinda ***** him.

but yeah, I want to have some more good practices as well.

Ya for sure you go for more risky stuff since it's fun but.. I mean if was someone else that got ***** constantly then are they going to also say it's only a friendly? lol. He said he wanted to practice vs a fast faller so I give him what I could... Falcon dittos.. lol.
all day!

I tend to usually look at people's facial expressions when I play friendlies to see if they're trying or not.

D

Deleted member

i disagree with like every post from the last 3 days except zhu's. seriously overtriforce and strawhat dahean were AMAZING at pound 4 and they were noticeably much worse at pound 5.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I'm really confused as to why this would upset you.

mostly, people are just saying "yea, that guy isn't as good as he used to be cuz he literally hasn't played the game in a long time"

Seems reasonable to me. But what place does reason have in the life of a warrior.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
afaik strawhat and over barely played smash between pound 4 & 5

armada told me they lost their interest in melee before p4 but went anyway, then they went on hiatus and returned for p5

this probably being the cause of their stagnation

JPOBS

Smash Hero
@kage, I don't think anyone was trying to insinuate that at all. I took all those comments about Over/Strawhats being much better as a kind of mourning at the loss of skill of once great players.

People who are fans of the game (and any game/sport really) want to good matches on display regardless of the outcome. Its just a genuinely saddening when once great players fall out of touch.

I don't think anyone meant anything more by it.

Walt

Smash Ace
Mango is always drunk, tired, and hungover all at the same time 24 hours a day. When he is actually sober he glows gold and breathes fire.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Because saying that is taking away from Ryan's victory. A loss is a loss. What do you do outside of tournament is your own problem.
no one really said "Had Strawhat been at the top of his game like at Pound 4, Ryan would have lost" or something. they were just making an observation.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Mango said he was hung over 'back in apex.

To be truth full Johning is stupid. Just accept your lose. But at the same time the winner should acknowledge the losers skill.

G

genkaku

I thought that Mango learned marth specifically to beat M2K in marth dittos.

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
Since when did this become the Mango ****-Riding Discussion Thread?

I mean, yeah, Mango's good. But I'm seeing a bit too much optimistic imagination going on right now.

Beat!

Smash Master
So we should make excuses as to why they sucked? Cmon now.. It's their own fault that they didn't train hard enough for P5.
I thought that was exactly what everyone was saying...

They didn't practice between P4 and P5 and got worse because of it. Where's the issue? I really don't understand.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Because saying that is taking away from Ryan's victory. A loss is a loss. What do you do outside of tournament is your own problem.
you shouldn't be too concerned; even ryan said he wasn't too satisfied with his win (at least on p5 he said that iirc). he knew strawhat wasn't playing his best

armada told me they lost their interest in melee before p4 but went anyway, then they went on hiatus and returned for p5
this is true; strawhat told me the same thing at p5. it's quite ironic though, cuz strawhat mentionned how his poor performance actually ended up motivating him to travel and play more again. if he/they will do so i'm not sure.

Top Bottom