• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* V Melee Results and Shoutouts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reidlos Toof

Foot Dive!
I have no idea what the laws are in DC, but as a law major I can safely say that in NY state at least, verbal contracts are binding and what was posted in the OP of the Pound 5 thread, about payouts, can most likely be considered a verbal contract. What must be taken into account though is that we have no actual proof of the final amount of entrants/what they payed to my knowledge, and to be honest, I'm not sure how such a case would hold up in court.

I can, however, tell you this: lawsuits are extraordinarily expensive. In a case like this where Discovery is a critical process the money is gonna add up fast, and regardless of what they tell you "You only pay us if you win!" you're held accountable for their expenses such as discovery and depositions, which cost a lot more than even Dr. PP probably won.

I can also tell you that posting stuff about this here is not helping your case at all if you do proceed with it, which I do not advise.

I don't know how I feel about this whole situation, but I can say that this isn't good for the community either way and I feel bad for all parties involved. However, we have to remember that we're relying on honor rules here. In the end, it's probably going to be up to Plank whether he pays you guys or not, which I hope he does.

That being said, continue to rant, you all have a right to be angry. I'm also not going to tell you to stop with this legal stuff, because that's up to you but I can, as someone who knows enough about the inner works of the legal system from ~3 years of legal studies, advise you to not do so at the cost of your own time + expenses.
I think that when someone is owed hundreds or even thousands of dollars, their attitude is likely to become "screw the community, I want my money"

ADHD

Smash Hero
Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof.

ADHD

Smash Hero
i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.i suck ****.
a;sdfj;lasjdfl;sajdgldsag

idea

Smash Master
yeah what'd alex do?

i brought my apex tag to pound just in case. my pound tag blew away in the wind walking to chipotle. my apex tag is still fine.

and it has a canadian flag on it :cool:

Tomorrow

Smash Rookie
are people serious about suing plank after all he has done for everyone? it's mainly the brawl community that im noticing who are being really angry and being real belligerent at the entire subject at hand. calm the **** down and let the people who this actually has something to do with take care of their own business.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof. Hotel as proof.
has proof of what? that an event took place sure but they don't have proof that plank was going to pay the people attending the event.

also, plank, I suggest you start playing the lottery.../joke

Laijin

Smash Hero
are people serious about suing plank after all he has done for everyone? it's mainly the brawl community that im noticing who are being really angry and being real belligerent at the entire subject at hand. calm the **** down and let the people who this actually has something to do with take care of their own business.
Kinda makes sense since the brawl community is full of a bunch of little kids.
Not trying troll here. But its completely true.
Kids don't tend to be very mature and they sure are showing it right now.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
blackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellow

stingers

Smash Obsessed
so I hear mr. graybell has been defriendin some certain people on facebook...that's sure an upstanding and honest thing to do wouldn't y'all agree?

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Kinda makes sense since the brawl community is full of a bunch of little kids.
Not trying troll here. But its completely true.
Kids don't tend to be very mature and they sure are showing it right now.
uhh doesn't matter, either community has nothing to do with plank's actions, i find myself to be pretty mature, but i still find planks actions awful. what plank has done, regardless of what he's done prior, doesn't justify anything. you calling brawlers immature and kids and all that doesn't mean they're wrong for hating on plank. plank ****ed up big time, and his prior tournament hosting doesn't mean ****.

Tomorrow

Smash Rookie
Stfu tlomorrow
this actually concerns you so i can understand why you're mad. tell your little followers to calm down though. it's pointless for them to come in here and rage at nothing. its not really helping out the community. im out though. not gonna feed this thread any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom