• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* V Melee Results and Shoutouts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Hey guys, brawl player droppin in.

Just wanna say, you guys know how to get HYPE for big matches. Watching GF was awesome.

Also, shoutouts to hungrybox, showed a lot of class after losing to Peepee.

Shroomed

Smash Master
VISH IS THE HOMIE

More homies: Washington, Socal, -ACE-, a lot of other really good people that i played and im lazy so i dont wanna type more

and this tourney was super fun, next time ima be at 100% for you blunted object!

drinking a lot at nationals is an amazing and terrible idea at the same time

WHY IS PP SO GOOD?!?!?!?!?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
13: MDZ+DOH
17: Silent wolf+kirbyKaze
wooooooooooooooooow
I didn't even see this in the results till now.

DOH is too ****ing good at teams.

Not so sure what to take out of that last gif up there though. I did squander pretty hard against Shroomed to be fair. I know I can beat him. (Also shroomed if you see this MM me at Genesis. Otherwise I'll just challenge you there)

Shroomed

Smash Master
wooooooooooooooooow
I didn't even see this in the results till now.

DOH is too ****ing good at teams.

Not so sure what to take out of that last gif up there though. I did squander pretty hard against Shroomed to be fair. I know I can beat him. (Also shroomed if you see this MM me at Genesis. Otherwise I'll just challenge you there)
im down for a MM

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
prog and ranmaru-thanks for lending me the clothes off your backs <3

armada-read that fb post

cactuar-HIGHEST PLACING FOX! i blushed so hard when you tryed to break axe's shield <3. and thanks for always playing me. you made me much better than i thought you did.

kurt-stop choking when it counts =[

colbol-smh. i love you... but *****s gotta be more patient.

everyone else that i dont feel like naming atm- <3<3

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
Laijin isnt lain.

Hey guys, next time some1 turns you down for anything because people who play the same game as you sung the pokemon theme song you let me know. Seriously, SHUT THE **** UP. This doesnt make us look any worse than we already do. We play a 10 year old kids party game.

To everyone who is offended: please find the nearest door and get the **** out of the melee community. We dont need you, and by the sound of your attitude we would probably be better off without you.

Us singing the song WILL NEVER IN ANY WAY AFFECT YOU, NOT ON A PERSONAL LEVEL, NOT IN A MONETARY WAY, NOT IN ANY WAY EVER.

Ps

**** you.
I think u should stop talking crap and think a little.
G reg got the best post about all this I think.

Dude, there's no way u sing Pokemon Theme without looking fkn gay.
U do what the fk u want, noone will stop u from singing to the glory of Pikachu, but don't act like it's meant to be that way.
The point is, WERE NOT PLAYING A 10 YEARS OLD KIDS PARTY GAME, as u seem to say.
Pokemon is a 10 years old game.
Melee's not.
If u don't understand that, then maybe u should be the one getting out at some point.

And dont be rude please.
If someone is not willing to sing Pokemon **** with you geek, that doesn't mean AT ALL he has to leave the community.

Some years ago, in Sweden, I remember I was the one cheering for France crew with Pokemon Song, and every french people there followed me. Was very fun.

Today, 4 years after, I won't do the same thing.
Why? Coz we change dude, and even if I don't deny having a good time playing pokemon and stuff, I moved on personally.

And as I started playing melee as a 16 year old virgin, Today I'm a 24 year old that get laid.

THE POINT IS : The only thing that keep us together is a game, Smash Bros Melee.
Nothing else. Not Pokemon, not Mario, not Zelda, MELEE.

So, if u do want to sing Pokemon Theme, coz u keep ur childish brain, u do whatever u want, but just don't act like it's the way it's meant to be.

U can understand that some people there will be embarassed for that.

U don't have to stop doing what u do for other persons, i'm not saying that, but at least u should try to understand the other side.
C'mon dude, make an effort, I'm pretty sure u can understand how someone singing Pokemon next to you can be embarassing for some people.
Not for u, but for some others.
If u get that, maybe u'll stop talking crap like that.

The fact u sing Pokemon won't make u a kid, the fact u can't understand that it can be embarassing for others makes u a kid.

Heisenberg

Smash Rookie
I think u should stop talking crap and think a little.
G reg got the best post about all this I think.

Dude, there's no way u sing Pokemon Theme without looking fkn gay.
U do what the fk u want, noone will stop u from singing to the glory of Pikachu, but don't act like it's meant to be that way.
The point is, WERE NOT PLAYING A 10 YEARS OLD KIDS PARTY GAME, as u seem to say.
Pokemon is a 10 years old game.
Melee's not.
If u don't understand that, then maybe u should be the one getting out at some point.

And dont be rude please.
If someone is not willing to sing Pokemon **** with you geek, that doesn't mean AT ALL he has to leave the community.

Some years ago, in Sweden, I remember I was the one cheering for France crew with Pokemon Song, and every french people there followed me. Was very fun.

Today, 4 years after, I won't do the same thing.
Why? Coz we change dude, and even if I don't deny having a good time playing pokemon and stuff, I moved on personally.

And as I started playing melee as a 16 year old virgin, Today I'm a 24 year old that get laid.

THE POINT IS : The only thing that keep us together is a game, Smash Bros Melee.
Nothing else. Not Pokemon, not Mario, not Zelda, MELEE.

So, if u do want to sing Pokemon Theme, coz u keep ur childish brain, u do whatever u want, but just don't act like it's the way it's meant to be.

U can understand that some people there will be embarassed for that.

U don't have to stop doing what u do for other persons, i'm not saying that, but at least u should try to understand the other side.
C'mon dude, make an effort, I'm pretty sure u can understand how someone singing Pokemon next to you can be embarassing for some people.
Not for u, but for some others.
If u get that, maybe u'll stop talking crap like that.

The fact u sing Pokemon won't make u a kid, the fact u can't understand that it can be embarassing for others makes u a kid.
The irony in this post hurts so good.

I think arguments about what is childish or not are moot.
It is all relative and I think most people would find it quite difficult to accept Melee as something of "adult" merit. I think a more appropriate questions to ask with regard to the singing of the Pokemon Theme Song is whether or not it was appropriate.

So, was it appropriate?
No. It was not appropriate.
I thought it was funny, but I can imagine it was rather disruptive for the players.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I disagree. It seemed appropriate for such an event. Now people were already screaming making it disruptive before the time of singing the song, so regardless the crowd was going to cheer with... disruption. The song within it self wasn't disruptive. It's just the setting of the song and how it was used was disruptive, yet they intended to support PP all the way by singing it while he was playing. That was the point. They wouldn't sing it just to be random. There was a reason.

If you think I'm wrong, back up your reasoning as to why it was inappropriate.

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
I think u guyz misunderstood me.
I'm just stating a fact.

I'm saying that singing Pokemon song is childish, wether u want it or not.
But I never said it was inapropriate, I wasn't even there to watch it.
And more, I never said there was some shame about being childish.

But just admit it ffs, stop pretending singing Pokemon Song is an all-age thing.

In Europe we don't have this kind of debate anyway, coz we really don't care.
It may seem stupid, but we don't fkn care if someone sings/doesn't like to sing a Pokemon song.
It just made me laugh seeing u fight for that matter for 2 days.

U guyz seem to have had a great tournament, and I don't really get how you can argue about such things.

Just one more thing, I don't think making fun about how I speak english will add any relevant information in this argument. Anyway, do as u wish.

Heisenberg

Smash Rookie
I disagree. It seemed appropriate for such an event. Now people were already screaming making it disruptive before the time of singing the song, so regardless the crowd was going to cheer with... disruption. The song within it self wasn't disruptive. It's just the setting of the song and how it was used was disruptive, yet they intended to support PP all the way by singing it while he was playing. That was the point. They wouldn't sing it just to be random. There was a reason.

If you think I'm wrong, back up your reasoning as to why it was inappropriate.
Eh.

I understand what you mean and I completely agree that this is the nature of competitive events. We, the home spectators, will always and audibly cheer for our champion in whatever fashion.

I guess it is simply my personal frustration at spectators being loud when silence would probably be best for the player's state of mind. I know I've been frustrated with my fair share of background noise during a tournament match.

Definitely seemed like it was a blast, though.

Spife

Smash Master
I'm saying that singing Pokemon song is childish, wether u want it or not.
But I never said it was inapropriate, I wasn't even there to watch it.
And more, I never said there was some shame about being childish.
Childish just carries such negative connotations, on top of the fact that I'm pretty sure other fighting game communities DON'T like us because we're "childish".

I'm not even sure why anyone is discussing this, if anything it was more nostalgic then childish, not that we have any right to judge anyone. We ****ing play smash competitively. I know *some* frame data and I'm sure a lot of smashers do too. If that isn't just one of the nerdiest things I don't know what is.

As for the distraction to the players: has there ever been a GF where the crowd was as silent as possible? Maybe we can try this out, although I'm sure after a few cheers here and some **** talk there, the whole thing would snowball into the entire room screaming again.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I want to be the very best, like no one ever was.

Who could not, somewhere in their head, feel the gravity of the first line of that song if they watched the last few matches? I watched Kevin, the hope of NC/ATL South/America, beat Amsah, M2K, Hungrybox and Armada in a row. All of those names are larger than life in the Smash community; these are some of the best in the world. It was the changing of the guard.

I cannot believe that this tournament and that moment was so unbeliavably amazing and people are still talking about people singing. It was extremely hyped up, extremely nostalgic (like this community and this game) and if you were there, you know how much energy and love there was in the room; for the two people playing this game at the very highest level, for the people singing in front, beside and behind you, and most importantly, for Melee.

Love the people, love the game, love the memories (both new and old) and completely disregard anyone who's watching or telling you that there is a wrong or right way to do that.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Good **** Hungrybox, Dahean and V3ctorman, can't wait for the videos. Also, where's Over from the bracket? He placed better than Dahean in the previous Pound, wonder what happened to him

E: Oh and also Axe, great job for placing that high!

Who dropped Amsah btw, he didn't do so good this time

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Over got 5th in R3 pouls, losing to M2K (fox), Lovage (fox), Colbol (fox) and Hyuga (Jiggs).

Amsah lost to PP (Falco) and Hax (Capt. Falcon).

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Over got 5th in R3 pouls, losing to M2K (fox), Lovage (fox), Colbol (fox) and Hyuga (Jiggs).

Amsah lost to PP (Falco) and Hax (Capt. Falcon).
Strawhat here. M2K and Over didnt play, I think M2K wanted to focus on Brawl or something like that, so Over got a 2-0.

Im leaving USA right now, next time will be different. >:(

PS: I might do shoutouts later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom