• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound 5 Info Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Dont get why some are surprised shroomed beat colbol, shroomed is a beast and colbol is always overrated
Eh, theres a reason why m2k said he was the best fox before Apex. And why he's the only fox to ever beat Shiz in a tourney set. And why he has the 2nd highest winning % vs Hbox probably only after Mango.

Kid is insanely good. He just seems to choke at large tourneys. Ask top players like Shiz and Hbox where they think he should be placing at these types of tourneys and they'll say top 5/10. His skill level is on par with anyone in the world.

leffen

Smash Champion
if you choke at every tournament that matters then thats your level of skill. There is no just choking. Tournaments arent played in vacuum
Peak skill =/= what matters.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
hey guys, i have a compilation of round 2

round 2

(hdl eliminated)

-1ºredd, 2ºkels, 3ºvish
-1º hax 2º vectorman (yoshi) 3º azen
-1º dahean 2º nando 3º yeah! 4º mogwai
-1º Weon-X,2º Eggm, 3º doh (this is round 1 or 2?)
-1st dr. Pp 2nd teczero 3rd tafokints
-1º amsah 2º rockcrock 3º dart
-1º zhu 2º tope 3º sman 4º vro
-1º axe 2º lovage
-1st: Shroomed 2nd: Colbol 3rd: doll
-1º smoke2jointz 2º chillin
-1º kirbykaze 2º fullmetal

let's complete this

if you have more information, post it, and if there are any false information too
Updated with information about MacD, Cactuar and Hbox and a few other things. There may be a few mistakes, make sure to point them out.

Singles tournament, Round 2
    1. Hax
    2. Vectorman
    3. Azen
    1. Redd
    2. Top
    3. Vish
    4. Lord HDL (out)
    5. Lanceinthepants? (out)
    1. Axe
    2. Lovage
    1. Dahean
    2. Nando
    3. YEAH !
    4. Mogwai
    1. Weon-X
    2. Eggm
    3. DoH

Apparently DoH beat Weon-X, Weon-x beat Eggm and Eggm beat DoH
    1. Dr. Peepee
    2. Teczero
    3. Tafokints
    1. Amsah
    2. RockCrock
    3. Dart
    1. Zhu
    2. Tope
    3. S-man
    4. Vro (out)
    1. Shroomed
    2. Colbol
    3. Doll
    4. Harriettheguy (out)
    5. Everlasting yayhuzz (out)

There was some drama with this pool : apparently, at the end of a game between Doll and everlasting yayhuzz, yayhuzz suicided for fun on his last stock while Doll was dying at the top of the screen. The victory was given to yayhuzz anyway.
      But a few hours later, Doll was given/asked the point for this match as it was enough to take third place to harriettheguy who ended up not making it to round 3.
    1. smoke2jointz
    2. The great Chillindude829
    1. hungrybox
    1. MacD
    2. Cactuar
    1. KirbyKaze
    2. Fullmetal

Hyuga also made it to the third round.
Faab, Remen, Armada and Overtriforce, M2K and Mango apparently made it to round three without trouble.

Random other informations :

• Only the first 2 rounds of the singles tournament have been played so far.
  • Yet, everyone is saying that M2K + Armada looks like an unstoppable team.
  • You can find the first videos over here (but most of them are Brawl matches) : http://www.youtube.com/user/VideoGameBootCamp#g/u
  • D20 (a Young Link player) seems to have made an amazing performance, being qualified for the third round of pools. But apparently, he couldn't stay at the tournament during the whole weekend and left yesterday evening.
  • Today's Eggm's birthday. I'm not sure he was happy to receive a Chilean surprise :grin:
  • Vectorman prefers eating a pizza with Axe instead of giving us news, but still sympathise with us struggling to have get information.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
He'll break through his little mental barrier soon. Hopefully this tourney.

Anyone who's played Colbol in friendlies knows how insanely good he is.

leffen

Smash Champion
I love how you make it seem you can "break through" the most important factor of a tournament set.
Character skills are like 5% of a tournament set, mindset covers the rest. But nvm, i just broke through my little tech skill problem and this means I will do infinitely better at tournaments.

If he breaks through his mindset problem and does better he becomes a better player.
If he doesnt then he is still as bad as he does in tournaments.
Because. Friendlies. Doesnt. Matter.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I love how you make it seem you can "break through" the most important factor of a tournament set.
Character skills are like 5% of a tournament set, mindset covers the rest. But nvm, i just broke through my little tech skill problem and this means I will do infinitely better at tournaments.

If he breaks through his mindset problem and does better he becomes a better player.
If he doesnt then he is still as bad as he does in tournaments.
Because. Friendlies. Doesnt. Matter.
I almost beat your Yoshi. IN A FRIENDLY.

Oh sheet.

huMps

Smash Ace
Suprising loss by HDL after seeing the way he stuck with SS at Pound last year. I Didn't think he'd lose to any falcon outside the Fantastic 4. But I guess thats why they call em friendlies :/

Hack

Smash Journeyman
When are they starting to play again over there?
You guys are 6 hours behind Sweden if I'm not mistaken, meaning that the time should be 10:56.

Hack

Smash Journeyman
My "dinner" will probably consist of plain white toast, seeing as I've spent the previous night vomiting uncontrollably.
Alcohol is fun sometimes.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I'd hope you're not talking about Harriet.

I can agree with this. What Yay did was bull****, though. And it's unprofessional of nothing to be done.
I don't mean any offense to anyone, but Harriet should have won more games to make it to round 3. An SD counts as an SD in the middle of the match, and it counts as an SD at the end of the match. There's no rule stating that if you SD while your opponent is dying that you still get the win, and it's muddy water to include such rule anyways.

No johns, right? I don't see Harriet complaining.

Eh, theres a reason why m2k said he was the best fox before Apex. And why he's the only fox to ever beat Shiz in a tourney set. And why he has the 2nd highest winning % vs Hbox probably only after Mango.

Kid is insanely good. He just seems to choke at large tourneys. Ask top players like Shiz and Hbox where they think he should be placing at these types of tourneys and they'll say top 5/10. His skill level is on par with anyone in the world.
Where they THINK he should be placing and where he really does place are two different things. For example, one of them is reality.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Yeah, if you guys wanna complain it should be about yay who sandbagged instead of Doll who claimed the win.

huMps

Smash Ace
True. This is a national tourney. I don't know what would make you want to do some dumb **** like that. Well I bet he wont do it next time lol. lesson learned

stelzig

Smash Lord
I don't mean any offense to anyone, but Harriet should have won more games to make it to round 3. An SD counts as an SD in the middle of the match, and it counts as an SD at the end of the match. There's no rule stating that if you SD while your opponent is dying that you still get the win, and it's muddy water to include such rule anyways.

No johns, right? I don't see Harriet complaining.
So you see nothing wrong with giving a person a win and then taking it away from him later on? Even worse take away another persons seed after giving it to him even?
I still think this is even worse just because it happened a long time after. I believe m2k and armada once played Bo3 instead of Bo5 at a tournament, but they didn't make them continue that match after they had shook hands, and armada already had received the win... And making that game continue sounds more plausible in my ears.

BunBun

Smash Master
90% sure.

IHSB said he took 3rd, losing to Blunted Object and Faab.
Someone earlier mentioned that Faab had made it to R3 without any trouble, so logic dictates that means he took 1st.
Then there's no other way Blunted Object could not be 2nd.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
So you see nothing wrong with giving a person a win and then taking it away from him later on? Even worse take away another persons seed after giving it to him even?
I still think this is even worse just because it happened a long time after. I believe m2k and armada once played Bo3 instead of Bo5 at a tournament, but they didn't make them continue that match after they had shook hands, and armada already had received the win... And making that game continue sounds more plausible in my ears.
If something like that happened I wouldn't want to be a **** about it after the match. If I realized that the match actually mattered in the pool seedings, I would complain about it. 3 Hours is probably just the amount of time it took for Doll to realize how much it mattered in the chaos of pools/smash.

m2k vs armada is different. It was m2k's choice to not to complain, but there's nothing wrong with Doll doing so.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
No I agree with you on that part. But what I don't agree with is people using it as an excuse to say Harriet the Guy got ripped off. It seems to me like if the matchup between Doll and Yayz is determining Harriets spot, then Harriet probably lost to one of them, or to someone they beat. Had Harriet won more games, he could have secured his no. 3 seed, and this discrepancy wouldn't matter because it wouldn't be determining anyone's seed. In all honesty, the result should be decided by Doll. He is the one who, according to the game, won the match. He has the choice of being a man and accepting that he would have lost the match, or being a little shady and taking the win so he can advance to r3. Whatever his initial response though should have been what stood. He shouldn't be allowed to change his mind once the pool is finished and it turns out that one match cost him his spot.

But again, people on here shouldn't be johning for Harriet or talking about a petition. IF they reversed the decision a second time and allowed Yayz the win, it opens up a door that cannot be closed. People will start complaining all the time at tournaments, and people will start SDing while their opponent is dying and still claiming wins. Then one time someone is going to legitimately SD while killing the opponent and then want a win out of it..."But Yayz got the win at Pound 5??" Rules are what make competition work and the fact of the matter is that according to the rules of the game and the rules of the tournament, Doll won the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom