• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Words cannot express how disappointed I am that I do not have the choice between which cute fluffy animal my ticket will honor.

:(

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I remember seeing that quote from Ken saying how he's a famous celebrity with no time for smash or something to that extent (failing to realize that a good chunk of the smash world was cheering him on...). I highly doubt he would win, but I'm sure he'd make it out of pools and a couple rounds in. I'm guessing somewhere in Kens mind he still considers himself the best and he doesn't want to admit that its the opposite now. When you're on top for so long, being dethroned does not make for a happy smasher. Coming back and smashing would just prove to him that he's not the best.

In reality he shouldn't come expecting to win, he should come and play for fun like 90% of us going are.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
idk why people are questioning ken.

granted he hasn't been playing as recently as chudat. He's always placed higher than chu. if chu can place top 5 at tourneys he goes to than ken would do the same.

i'm a ken fanboy though

Twin_A

Smash Champion
I really hope the marriot hotel situation here is like what I hear about Genesis.
Amazing, great, and made the trip worth it even if the tourney was suddenly canceled? Yeah me too :D

And that Chu statement isn't necessarily true. We all know that Chu has kept up with smash because of his biweeklies and brawl play. Keeping in the competitive scene is better than leaving it and coming back altogether. Even if Chu doesn't practice as much, he's still observing it and learning

PB&J

Smash Hero
chudat just sukis against marth,,but ken was better and will still **** getting top 5 easy..no queastion

ken invented marth and was so much ahead of people

azen was always really close to kens level with marth too and showed up at vls and won..showed up at rom and placed 7th..oh and i think he got 7th at pound 3 too

'to say ken would get ***** is outrages..he will def be up there and will be a sight to see since i never been at a tourny with ken at it

does anybody actually know what ken has been doing lately anyway?
and not the rumors..i really want to know if anyone knows

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I doubt Ken could compete with most of the higher level players. I doubt he would get top 15 at a national tournament without a significant amount of practice.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
I doubt Ken could compete with most of the higher level players. I doubt he would get top 15 at a national tournament without a significant amount of practice.
I dare to say the opposite...

Somebody make Ken go to Pound 4! =D

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
moar hype for the greatest national tournament to ever be run in the USA

I predict we will set new records for brawl + melee, this will truly be the best tournament experience of your lives

M@v

Subarashii!
bold words especially after genesis. Dont get me wrong, this is gonna be the biggest tourney since genesis and apex for sure. If I can come or not all depends on when I leave for my spring internship(assuming I get it)

Twin_A

Smash Champion
azen was always really close to kens level with marth too and showed up at vls and won..showed up at rom and placed 7th..oh and i think he got 7th at pound 3 too

does anybody actually know what ken has been doing lately anyway?
and not the rumors..i really want to know if anyone knows
Again tho Azen has stayed in the community at least somehwta and in turn has had practice for stuff like this. Brawl competitively, although not the same as melee, still helps keeping your fingers agile and keeping you refreshed and experienced. Although smash is a lot like riding a bicycle in the sense that it never trully goes away, its pretty hard to do a backflip on on if you haven't done it in years. Point is Ken was great, is great, but he's too out of practice to get top 5. Top 16 is a possibility if he shapes up and starts practicing. But thats just my opinion.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Hey i'm able to have the internet for a few minutes to post again!!!

The hotel link is fixed and works here:: http://cwp.marriott.com/wasfd/gamecubetournament/

Remember, to get those prices and the free shuttle service we need at least 60 rooms throughout the weekend (not each night, just total, so 20 rooms a night or so).

If you split the room with 4-5 people, the prices aren't bad, ESPECIALLY for what you're getting. I really want people to realize that NO, this tournament WILL NOT be cheap, but at the same time it's because you pay for quality and i'm really working to make this the best tournament ever.

Also the good will by my house has ~30 tvs that will work for smash for pretty cheap. Such ****.

I get internet in my new apartment back wednesday.

Aniolas/other europeans and such, are you guys staying with me? I missed the post if you said so.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
By the way we have a ton of rooms held for us. Most of them are 2x queen sized beds (4 people fit EASILY) but after that the rooms are 1 king size bed and 1 sofabed. These rooms are a bit less desirable but the same price, so get your room early as to avoid having these!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Oh and would people be interested in Tshirts? if so my gf can make some badass designs and i can have them for sale online and at the venue!

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
You guys should definitely do the t-shirts. Biggest tourney ever needs a memento for those of us that don't crawl out of pools. =p

LLDL

Smash Hero
KDJ and Azen both got top 10 at ROM didn't they? They also said that they rarely played, and were basing it off their 06-07 skills. So based on that, why can't Ken, who got top 4 at 0c3 at the end of 07, place well now?

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
There's a difference between going a year without playing competitively, and going two years without playing at all. Plus there's that whole "I don't want to find out i'm not the best" mentality. He'd be too nerve-racked to play well.

But I do agree that the metagame hasn't "evolved" all that much. From what i've seen of the older vids, people used to play a lot smarter and space a lot better. I think some of the more fundamental tactics get outmoded for combo and tech practice.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
You guys should definitely do the t-shirts. Biggest tourney ever needs a memento for those of us that don't crawl out of pools. =p
Hahaha true that, not to mention the fact there will be so many TVs that everyone will be able to play EVERYONE as much as they want ^_^.....

(as long as people bring cubes/wiis)

If I provide more TVs by myself than people provide cubes/wiis, we have failed as a community.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
KDJ and Azen still attended local stuff. Azen plays enough brawl to at least be exposed to the melee metagame. He attended Chu Dats local tournaments. KDJ goes to mass madness. Ken, as far as I know, has not touched the game since he retired. Old school styles are for the most part inferior to newer styles. Azen and KDJ did get top 10 at ROM. But imagine if the midwest, west coast and europe were there.

ROM did not have Armada or amsah, darkrain, zhu, silent spectre, and plenty of other noteworthy players. Getting top 15 at pound is MUCH more impressive then getting top 10 at ROM.

In fact, I think saying Ken would get top 15 is a pretty bold statement itself.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
That's true, but I'd rather not have to take the hit and pay for those as well when people can bring them.

Also, I just bought a used cube for 30 at gamestop. I havent seen 20 anywhere, lol

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
I buy everything in Delaware (not that that should change much but tax). But yeah, used + controller was $20.

You'll probably see a lot of cubes, though, since they really are cheap to replace. I can bring three or four.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
truth

gotta have some proof we were there, because alot of us wont see our names on the brackets

edit

shirts with the mccain obama pound logo should be the design, IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom