• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Handorin

Smash Hero
That hotel fee is pretty low considering what hotel it is.

or you could find a cheaper one.

Splitting the cost with others works wonders as well.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I'm down for some Duck Hunt. Although if you bring your NES, I might as well try to show people my world record speed runs for Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. 3 =)
Let me know when you're doing that. I've wanted to see one of those live for a while haha. We got a sneak preview at Genesis with you doing a melee adventure speed run lol

Deathknight

Smash Ace
Well, I might not have others to split it with for one thing. Though as I said, I'd prefer just staying with someone who lives locally if possible.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Daym (DJN) u hold the world record for Super mario and Supermario 3 speedruns? Shiieeet.

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
No one's said anything definitive about housing so far. It's only September. Plank said he'd collect that info and put it on the site at a later date.

And if you're going to ask a stranger for housing, why not ask a stranger to split hotel costs with you? =p

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
well I hope brawl and melee are epic as hell. Cannot wait to help out and make this event amazing XD

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Ken sux...
He was just the world champion for how many years? As well he advanced te metagame (more specifically Marths metagame) for melee and helped US and Japanese competitive scenes face off. Yeah really sucky player huh?

Although I don't like his whole "I'm too good for melee" attitude and I'm sure he sucks now compared to the level the game has reached, but theres no denying the skills he had and what he did for the game.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i doubt he would be very good after 2 years of nothing if he just randomly showed up to this
he might get passed a round or two of pools though

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
No doubt he wouldn't be able to keep up with the current metagame, but from an intellectual standpoint, he was definitely one of the smarter players. He'll always have that.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Hey Hbox I thought my bro and I were rooming with you guys haha?
OH, TRU!!!!!

btw, anyone who is mainly going for melee and maybe brawl from FL should get this ticket

IF YOU ARE IN ORLANDO AND ARE GOING MAINLY FOR MELEE I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU BUY THIS TICKET:

Depart – Fri Jan 15 2010
AirTran
Flight 442 Departs: 5:12p
Orlando (MCO) Arrives: 7:19p
Baltimore/ Washington (BWI)

Return – Mon Jan 18 2010
AirTran
Flight 499 Departs: 7:57p
Baltimore/ Washington (BWI) Arrives: 10:13p
Orlando (MCO)

$139

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

PB&J

Smash Hero
people- please stop saying ken suks and woudnt kep up with the meta game..the guy was a genuis and still is..people said the same thing about azen and he placed top ten at rom

people overrate how much the game changed..and it did alot..but its ken.the legend..

it just sounds like the same thing when thay said about jordan when he was about to come back for the second time ..then he scored 63 points ..****

ken is beast and will still **** most of us..

plank-um..u should try to get sponors for this..talk to me on aim and we will talk in detail..i might be able to help

aim-itsgotabetheshoe

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Look at how Azen did at Rom 1, he stopped playing, came back on no practice, and got 7th.

And people are saying Ken would only go round/maybe not get out of pools?

He'd deff at LEAST get top 20.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
people- please stop saying ken suks and woudnt kep up with the meta game..the guy was a genuis and still is..people said the same thing about azen and he placed top ten at rom

people overrate how much the game changed..and it did alot..but its ken.the legend..

it just sounds like the same thing when thay said about jordan when he was about to come back for the second time ..then he scored 63 points ..****

ken is beast and will still **** most of us..

plank-um..u should try to get sponors for this..talk to me on aim and we will talk in detail..i might be able to help

aim-itsgotabetheshoe
you mean when he went to the wizards after retiring and ended up a benchwarmer?

lol

but ya I definitely think that Ken is still beast he is a surviour u know .

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Let me know when you're doing that. I've wanted to see one of those live for a while haha. We got a sneak preview at Genesis with you doing a melee adventure speed run lol
I'll definitely let you know. I could've done the Melee adventure speed run alot faster, but I was just having fun.

Daym (DJN) u hold the world record for Super mario and Supermario 3 speedruns? Shiieeet.
I'm pretty much tied or a second lower than Andrew Gardikis, who is the current world record holder. I'm a world record holder too, but not confirmed since I don't ever record myself lol. I'm gonna get recorded now though since I have recording equipment.

The game has Duck Hunt and Super Mario Bros together, and I don't have 3. Maybe you can bring it.
Hell yeah I'll bring it. That game is too good. I still wanna find someone who wants to challenge me in a Super Mario RPG knowledge money match lol.

Your name is Andrew Gardikis?
I know who the guy is lol. Its pretty much like I told Zephy. I'll just have to record myself and put it up online so people know that I'm really legit. Its hard for me to find time since I'm always doing DJ work on my computer =/

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Yeah DJ you should def send your **** to Speed Demos Archive or something lol.

And Ken would still destroy if he came to Pound 4. Didn't everyone expect Ken to fail at Evo 2K7 because of how unactive he was? He probably wouldn't beat M2K in Marth dittos, or beat Mango at all, but I'm pretty certain he'd get top 8. Def top 16.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i hold world records on individual levels on some old sonic games
yeah.....

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Depart – Fri Jan 15 2010
AirTran
Flight 442 Departs: 5:12p
Orlando (MCO) Arrives: 7:19p
Baltimore/ Washington (BWI)

Return – Mon Jan 18 2010
AirTran
Flight 499 Departs: 7:57p
Baltimore/ Washington (BWI) Arrives: 10:13p
Orlando (MCO)

$139

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

wtf 139? cheapest i could find was like 400

this is bull****, hungrybox ****ed a pilot or something

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
Yeah DJ you should def send your **** to Speed Demos Archive or something lol.

And Ken would still destroy if he came to Pound 4. Didn't everyone expect Ken to fail at Evo 2K7 because of how unactive he was? He probably wouldn't beat M2K in Marth dittos, or beat Mango at all, but I'm pretty certain he'd get top 8. Def top 16.
if ken came back he wouldn't come back rusty he would of trained i think if ken came back he would come back to win it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom