• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK!

Just wanted to say, despite givin' you **** before, you get some madd respekk from me today. Good **** running this, good calls (even if they were difficult/infuriated people), and grats beatin' some tough customers.

You gots mah zeal of approval.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
just read up on the dqs and stuff ridiculously lame. trying to uphold some stupid power authority and strictness ruining the integrity of the tourney and skewing results.
worried about loser bracket "suffering" from a good team being placed there so you eliminate them dumb as hell. who cares. if it was anyone else they'd get eliminated to losersl ike we've heard you already did but b/c of people's status in smash they get k/o not to mention with all this strictness on organization and your gonna say you didn't know other teams were in the same situation as jman gtfohwtbs. :| hopefully there's another national sometime soon to make up

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
look who these players beat in pools. stop assuming they arent as good just because they dont travel as much. you are all not here and dont know what is really going on yet making harsh judgements do due to word of mouth. a seed 1 is a seed 1 whether you people think they deserve it or not. I don't really **** with TIO much except to -TRY- and make sure regions are not playing each other very early.

people complaining about pc or chu playing someone good early: they did not good top seed in their pools, it can happen. TIO doesnt seed based on prior name, it seeds based on pool placement.
Ok if this was your method to make bracket I want to apologize to you Plank.
Btw TIO is just a brainless machine, if something doesn't seems to work correctly (Ex: some second round) you need to fix the bracket by yourself. Loser brackets are impossible to predict but at least the fisrt 2 rounds can be predicted IF you know the skill level of the players.

Btw your organizazion was just perfect.
Chapeau to that. :lick:

Pegachris

Smash Apprentice
There are too many reasons for why I wouldn't care. Biggest one being I manned up and came to the tournament you're sitting at home. No one deserves a live stream it's a perk if you have a problem with how it's run well then you're **** out of luck
Although I still watch smash tourneys, I havent posted on these forums or played in months but I had to say something to this. This post just made me angry. Yes the stream benefits the people not at the tourney and the tourney can be run without one but it does indeed benefit the tourney. It gives it more exposure, more viewers, more publicity. All of which can only help the tourney expand for future events. Saying a stream is just a perk and noone deserves it is just false and the dumbest thing I heard here.

MLG would not be where its at if not for an online live stream.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If anyone ever thinks Plank is a bad TO, they should be shot. He's literally the only one left that I could trust to run a national and DQ a top player.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
just read up on the dqs and stuff ridiculously lame. trying to uphold some stupid power authority and strictness ruining the integrity of the tourney and skewing results.
worried about loser bracket "suffering" from a good team being placed there so you eliminate them dumb as hell. who cares. if it was anyone else they'd get eliminated to losersl ike we've heard you already did but b/c of people's status in smash they get k/o not to mention with all this strictness on organization and your gonna say you didn't know other teams were in the same situation as jman gtfohwtbs. :| hopefully there's another national sometime soon to make up
m2k's teammate was 1 1/2 hours late.
I'd have dq'ed jman, too.
m2k got ******, but what can you do?
He should have got drunk and punched jman.
m2k needs the RAGE

LLDL

Smash Hero
pLANK DID NOT RIG HIS BRACKET U MORONS! HE HAD TO FIGHT I.B. AND HBK, KA-MASTER, AND JMAN, HE GOT A HARD A SS BRACKET, HE'S JUST BETTER THAN U THOUGHT HE WAS B1CHES!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
armada and hax will be a few minutes. hax just got into the venue and wants to play a few matches first so u guys get a real good set to watch. ill put winner of Zhu vs DR vs Silent spectre up, THEN armada vs hax

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yea we are knocking melee out asap so brawl can finish up. as soon as melee brackets are over with brawl goes livestream to be fair. melee regional crews will have to be recorded and watched later. sorry guys!

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
yea we are knocking melee out asap so brawl can finish up. as soon as melee brackets are over with brawl goes livestream to be fair. melee regional crews will have to be recorded and watched later. sorry guys!
fair enough
anyone know who's recording these for this tourney btw?

Amsah beats remen, plays Linguini apparently, Amsah be rapin this one

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Can you not set up two streams?

Melee folks turned out in larger numbers so shouldn't they get to have regional crews put up?

EDIT: At least show EUROPE VS USA!

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Hax vs Armada
1-0 Hax (probably not spelling the name right lol) right now

Armada wins game two.
1-1

Hax CPs Stadium

Armada gets early gimp 20 seconds into the game.

Lookin' bad for Hax.

Last stock Hax is off stage and air dodges to try and get onto the stage but misses... so Armada won...

Really close, though. That was so hype

I hope M2K can take out Hbox since they're finishing they're best of five, apparently.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Zhu vs Amsah

They're going FoD.

Amsah ******... up 2 stocks right now.

Jesus... Zhu Dsmashed Amsahm twice at like 130 and he tech'd it on stage O_o

Man 3 stock...

Zhu's staying Falco on stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom