• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
l2math stingers.

50 tvs each running doubles = 50 X 4 = 200 people playing at once.

500 - 200 = 300 people sitting around.

Arithmatic Nazi ftw!!!!

p.s. im bringing a wii :)
maybe a cube if i can borrow it from a friend.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
I hope everyone is reading plank's posts about bringing setups. This kind of tournament, with OVER 500 entrants, simply needs a large amount of setups in order to run efficiently. Without TVs, Wiis, and Gamecubes, you know what will happen? We'll have 500+ people revolving around FIFTY tvs. Even if every tv was running a teams match, we'd have 100 people sitting around doing nothing. Is that the kind of tournament you want to be at?

I know some of you people are reading this thinking "Oh, well, there's really no reason for ME to bring a setup, I know lots of other people are bringing theirs already and it's too much work to keep up with it over the weekend." You're the kind of people that don't need to be coming to this tournament. By being here, you're just making it take longer for everyone to get their tournament matches done, and making it so that some other dude will have to wait in line to get friendlies at a tournament that may very well have paid over 100 dollars to be at.

EVERYONE coming to this has a Wii, or Cube, and Melee or Brawl, and there's absolutely no reason you shouldn't bring it. Hell, bring a Power Strip, we'll certainly need those and that's something. There are no extenuating circumstances that are legitimate enough that you can't bring something and help contribute to making this tournament better instead of making it a failure that runs 5 hours behind schedule.

If you read all this and still plan on bringing nothing, then you should seriously consider just not coming, because you don't need to be here.
What about the fact that my wii is all dirty and stuff, and bc of that it only reads Brawl once out of at least 147 boot-ups (even through Gecko). You think I'm joking, but when I had to re-do my gct, I counted 210 boot ups before it worked. Average that out with the good times of about 50.

As such, I never turn my wii off anymore, and it is running brawl constantly. God help me if there is a power outage. So I mean, I could bring my wii, but brawl couldn't be played on it. That's the only reason I'm not bringing it.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
i'd bring my TV if i had a place to put it in the car. However the roof isn't a legit place to put a TV for travel with the weather being as it is. So i'll just have a cube, that only has 3 working ports, and melee. : (

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ive got marc and them covered on friday, idk how we missed them, international BS and no phones!

tw1n

Smash Champion
word, 300 people sitting around twiddling their sthumbs and watching Twin magic is NOT cool.
Lol everyone knows the twins magic sucks! I've seen every one of their tricks and I hate them. I figured them all out instantly and even told them its too obvious... sad but true.

Haha but I know what you mean bro.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Cereal is good =]

Our plane leaves in 3 hours lol. We will be at BWI at ~5 (**** layovers lol)
I can't wait for this! I'm so hyped!

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
****, I hope everything turns out fine @ Marc.

Ok so, the stream we where given ( http://www.ustream.tv/channel/vg-boot-camp-brawl-tournament) wasn't the right one, I read a few pages back. Would anyone care to post the one that IS right, if there is one yet? Or atleast give me some info on whats happening with it.

I really can't wait to see some of those bracket matches, they're gonna be hella insane. People watch out for Peepee vs Zgetto, that is gonna be too **** good. I can't wait for amsah vs mango also. ****, even poules round 3 are gonna be way to **** stacked at this.

Daile dose:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2NkGHkqDZk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNWr_Jlx6p0&feature=fvst
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV3wCozA3q4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VboQYicCa-M&feature=related

edit: the word "damn" getting cencored is silly D:

g-regulate

Smash Hero
sooooooooooooooooo I'm bringing 11 TVs to this. 11

WOOOOORD!!!

EDIT: also, european players, NO JOKE everyone better watch out

darkatma

Smash Hero
I hope everyone is reading plank's posts about bringing setups. This kind of tournament, with OVER 500 entrants, simply needs a large amount of setups in order to run efficiently. Without TVs, Wiis, and Gamecubes, you know what will happen? We'll have 500+ people revolving around FIFTY tvs. Even if every tv was running a teams match, we'd have 100 people sitting around doing nothing. Is that the kind of tournament you want to be at?

I know some of you people are reading this thinking "Oh, well, there's really no reason for ME to bring a setup, I know lots of other people are bringing theirs already and it's too much work to keep up with it over the weekend." You're the kind of people that don't need to be coming to this tournament. By being here, you're just making it take longer for everyone to get their tournament matches done, and making it so that some other dude will have to wait in line to get friendlies at a tournament that may very well have paid over 100 dollars to be at.

EVERYONE coming to this has a Wii, or Cube, and Melee or Brawl, and there's absolutely no reason you shouldn't bring it. Hell, bring a Power Strip, we'll certainly need those and that's something. There are no extenuating circumstances that are legitimate enough that you can't bring something and help contribute to making this tournament better instead of making it a failure that runs 5 hours behind schedule.

If you read all this and still plan on bringing nothing, then you should seriously consider just not coming, because you don't need to be here.
the td;dr of this is: IF YOU PLAY BRAWL, YOU MUST BRING A TV
but it was very well said

g-regulate

Smash Hero
We've been at the airport till past 10, never leaving the vicinity of where luggage is retrieved and people are to be picked up. I really don't know what went wrong, I'd definitely have recognized Amsah and vice versa. It sucks for Plank too though. =[

Yeah, our cell phones don't work here. We do plan to buy a cheap prepaid phone (didn't find those at the airports). Our hotel has internet access and a phone at least, so we'll definitely keep you informed.
dude marc really sorry man, we arrived at about 9:45 at the airport and looked around until maybe 10:15 (with amsah to identify). there was just a breakdown in communication

but i can get you guys on friday most likely so hopefully everything works out

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
international traveling sounds like season 4 of lost with the boat
you have to take a specific cordinate route
and space/time get mixed up you leave on a wednesday morning and arrive on tuesday night

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
also king yoshi im sorry, payouts are determined already and the seeding is all done. refunds were only good til jan 1st :(:(

bring tvs and setups

we bought 15 more tvs, but we still need more AND CUBES/WIIS FOR THEM

if anyone has seen the "I GOT NEXT" movie for the 2d community, they will be here filming footage for a smash version along with the company sponsoring them. That company recently contacted me and is more than willing to help me with running the tournament and help me provide supplies. Really good guys, so if you all see them around the tourney say hey and thank them for helping as well! (GPXGaming)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I signed up for Brawl singles already but not for Brawl doubles. Would I be able to pay the 10 dollars to sign up for doubles at the tournament??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom