• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Cool beans. Let me know if you take a match. GG.

^_^ Jk jk
ive been going like 50/50 with most of them. sadly amsahs fox is the hardest match for me right now, europe foxes are SOOOOO ****ing good cuz they dont rely on ntsc bull****, but when they have it...dear god O_o

adams marth is also REALLY REALLY good.

theyre all pretty beast tho

SOMEONE DRIVE ME TO THIS

i'll pay $15 if i go 1-way, $20 if i go roundtrip
this is a horrible offer, i hope ur not wondering why someone is not driving u

pockyD

Smash Legend
holy **** tim gambler's fallacy galore

you're not betting against winning 12 games in a row; at this point, you're betting against winning the 12 game GIVEN that the previous 11 games have already been won

if you had made this statement during week 4 or something it might hold some water, but saying it mid-winning streak means nothing

momentum has a MUCH bigger impact than "being due", which isn't even a real thing

and also wtf at people thinking indianapolis's two losses mean anything... really? did you even see who was playing for the colts in those games?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I see your point and I understand sets, but my example was the demonstrate my view on continuity(in a row) and not a set based game(iirc craps is very set based), hence creating a threshold of 100 and introducing "in a row" in to the stipulation. I have constructed a non fair game by not choosing a set however this was solely to demonstrate the situation about the team records. If both parties choose a set, then theres also multiple outcomes of which there is no victor. If I bet on 45/55 and you bet on 99/1 then there are plenty of options where we both lose/win. The latter does not exist in the situation with the NFL. One team wins and one team loses regardless of anything and this is why the "in a row" stipulation along with the threshold of 100 is important because it generates a win/lose as opposed to a win/lose/tie/loldunno situation. I believe sets are irrelevant to the example.

I've asked similar a question(that I asked in my last post) in relation to peoples confidence about disjoint events in my class on game theory and have yet to get the answer I wanted to hear.
ah i understand.

i think the difference here now is that we are looking at the team records in hindsight, whereas we are comparing the coin flipping in foresight.

Im certain that if you had told me in september the chargers are going to go on a 10 game winning streak later in the season i probably would have said "wanna bet?" and take your position.

Its no different than if we did the 100 flip coin bet, and the first 99 coins were indeed tails. If a 3rd party was to come along and hear about our bet and the last flip was about to be made, who do you think he would side bet on? im inclined to say that in hindsight he would side with me, but in forsight, with you.

JPOBS

Smash Hero

you're not betting against winning 12 games in a row; at this point, you're betting against winning the 12 game GIVEN that the previous 11 games have already been one

if you had made this statement during week 4 or something it might hold some water, but saying it mid-winning streak means nothing

momentum has a MUCH bigger impact than "being due", which isn't even a real thing

and also wtf at people thinking indianapolis's two losses mean anything... really? did you even see who was playing for the colts in those games?
exactly. well put.

double posts lol

Divinokage

Smash Legend
ive been going like 50/50 with most of them. sadly amsahs fox is the hardest match for me right now, europe foxes are SOOOOO ****ing good cuz they dont rely on ntsc bull****, but when they have it...dear god O_o

this is a horrible offer, i hope ur not wondering why someone is not driving u
Well isn't it anyway your worst matchup? =P

Marth eh? Ask him if he wants to MM me with his marth. =P

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
part about hindsight and foresight

you're not betting against winning 12 games in a row; at this point, you're betting against winning the 12 game GIVEN that the previous 11 games have already been won

>______________>

gg

my arguement dismantled.

yeah glad I dun gamble. I'd be one of those fools on the slots waiting for my "due" hit.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
How fluent are the various Europeans in English? I know at Genesis they were worried about a language barrier when M2K counterpicked FD vs Armada after he had already won there.

Samochan

Smash Master

Well, amsah's fox DID 2 stock armada just recently lol. =D But he himself said it sucks. Go figure. It looked nice to me lol and now it's ntsc.

I think it's safe to assume zgetto and remen will both beast on this tourney. ^_^

Dutches are fluent in english, so is ajp, spanish and stelzig I believe. =)

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
So we're going to Chipotle for lunch. Where are we at for dinner?
I'm down for a group...lol. Don't even care.

Well, amsah's fox DID 2 stock armada just recently lol. =D But he himself said it sucks. Go figure. It looked nice to me lol and now it's ntsc.

I think it's safe to assume zgetto and remen will both beast on this tourney. ^_^

Dutches are fluent in english, so is ajp, spanish and stelzig I believe. =)
I talked to Amsah about his Fox before. I guess he really did improve it, xD. Amsah = cool peoples, btw. I can't wait to chill with him.

That is.. a horrible misspell. X_x

No need to remind me of all the pounds I've gained lately. :p

(lolpun)
Lol, Samo. ^_^

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
Hey I was told that we sign up for the N64 tournament in person. On what day does the N64 tournament take place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom