• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Sorry about your situation, I hope you continue to help your community and experience/put up with less BS. Dont let everyone pay for what they did tho...

Not that the above isnt sincere, but what I really want to know is what does a "typical female gamer" act like?

tee hee pay attention to me

something like that lol

D0N

Smash Ace
Ok, thanks for clearing that up. DuLL RaZor's post really spells it out, it needs to go in an urban dictionary or something lol.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
ya...what sucks is crismas is actually neither of those...she does...what you call...PLAYING the game and takes it seriously lol

She spent hours playing with Vanz and Tec0 one night over chilling with me XD

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I hope so to but like I said this is a community where in my region everyone wants things done for themselves and its silly. LOL.

I find it amazing that these situations happen but yet when someone needs a couple of bucks cause they have no job magically my aim is spammed XD Also its annoying to spend money on going home from wherever I get left off ( cause you know people do not wanna help drive you home just drive to where they absolutely HAVE to go ). Imagine living in NYC and taking the NJ Transit in central NJ cause no one will drive you to hoboken or anywhere somewhere better.
Alex, I might have a ride for you due to a good friend of mine. I did not wanna take it cause he is leaving friday morning for pound. Then I decided I would just take work off on friday and head there in the morning with him. I could save money by going within instead of the bus. And I'll just pay for housing all three days. Still would have saved like 25-30 bucks. I'll give up my spot and you can have it. I'll take the bus alone on saturday to the tourny. I'll talk to him and see what he can do. Though you may have to meet up with him somewhere. Don't think he is driving to the bronx dude. He might have room for you and Cris. Cause when I asked him who was going with him, I think he only said 2 people.

I'll talk to him sometime today. And don't worry about it, this one is on me.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
the link will be posted, however vgbootcamp has not decided which provider to use yet, because there seems to be problems with all three options at this point. We do plan on making a final decision tonight, and will have the link up soon.
THIS...is why U guys are AWESOME!!!

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
how can you not love tony romo's boyish grin
are you ****ing kidding me?

I was hoping the cowboys would go 0-16 this year.

And whoever was wishing there was more sports fans in the smash community. I only watch ESPN and Sports on TV. Soooo...Yeah pm for sports talk. Or find me at the venue.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
It was me hoping for sports fans in the smash community.

It sucks that Pound happened to fall on the same day as the Jets Chargers game :[.

But melee finals takes priority...

caleb0froy

Smash Journeyman
  • You know when a tourney is coming up and you start to dream about it right? I just dreamt that i checked tourney results and the thread said SleepyK won melee singles. Then I woke up and recalled it just now and I was like..."WHO THE **** is that?" Idk who that is, i JUST saw his name on the list for the first time this morning after the dream. I faintly remember him commentating a Dr. PP video lol. It's a sign that a random or someone u don't expect is going to win pound :)
THATS ME!!! =D hahahah

I mean the Random or someone you dont expect

D0N

Smash Ace
ya...what sucks is crismas is actually neither of those...she does...what you call...PLAYING the game and takes it seriously lol

She spent hours playing with Vanz and Tec0 one night over chilling with me XD
Stereotypes, I choose you! *throws pokeballs*
DW, I dont believe in stereotypes anyway. I just wasn't sure what the stereoype was and was curious. people are people :)

The detailed description really made me lol though.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I hope the jets win that way the Colts can actually player their starters and put a beat down on the jets. And the chargers always find a way to eliminate the colts, and i dont want that to happen again.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I hope the jets win that way the Colts can actually player their starters and put a beat down on the jets. And the chargers always find a way to eliminate the colts, and i dont want that to happen again.
how can that happen when the jets are playing the chargers and the Colts are playing the Ravens

><

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
You know when a tourney is coming up and you start to dream about it right? I just dreamt that i checked tourney results and the thread said SleepyK won melee singles. Then I woke up and recalled it just now and I was like..."WHO THE **** is that?" Idk who that is, i JUST saw his name on the list for the first time this morning after the dream. I faintly remember him commentating a Dr. PP video lol. It's a sign that a random or someone u don't expect is going to win pound :)
LOL man I was seriously getting on this thread just now to post that SleepyK's my prediction for most surprising placing/most likely to cause huge upsets in brackets XD

He's a ****ing AMAZING Falco player from GA [has beaten Chops before and, just last weekend, beat Dr. Peepee in pools].

*****s don't know bout that cute *** Korean monster XD

Edit @ Alex - effffffff...wow :( That's ****ing terrible.

SOMEONE HELP ALEX STRIFE & CRISMAS, PLZ

:(

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Alex if both the Colts and Jets win then they advance and play one another.

I am honestly more afraid of the Chargers than the Colts and wish we were playing them instead.

I'd rather play a team that lost their last 2 then won their last 11.

WE GOT THIS THOUGH!

JPOBS

Smash Hero
so is there anyway we can watch the football games at the venue?

btw, Chargers are gonna romp the jets lol poor guys.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero

WE GOT THIS THOUGH!

dunno about that. I feel like the team with 11 wins would be more due for a lose as opposed to the team that lost 2 in a row. I mean assuming they are both solid teams the team with 2 loses would seem to be more hungry. good teams dun keep losing.

caleb0froy

Smash Journeyman
Hotel Room... portable tv/radio....Cell phone?...

I am no longer allowed to have avatars of girls in Bikini's =(
I didn't know smash boards had a bikini Nazi...

White_Mike

Smash Lord
It's all about momentum and that's something the colts lack right now, which is why I'd rather be facing them.

Plz let there be a way to see soem football at the venue lol.

Jets Chargers is at 4:30 and will probably end before all the hype melee matches begin or at least we'll know the outcome if it's a shutout on either end.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
dunno about that. I feel like the team with 11 wins would be more due for a lose as opposed to the team that lost 2 in a row. I mean assuming they are both solid teams the team with 2 loses would seem to be more hungry. good teams dun keep losing.
except theres no such thing as being "due" for anything.

its not like the fates align and some magical ish happens. Each game is independent of the last or the next.

on the other hand, chargers have been straight beasting on fools for like the last 12 weeks in a row, beating teams by like 20.

San Dieago Superchargers alll the way!!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Alex if both the Colts and Jets win then they advance and play one another.

I am honestly more afraid of the Chargers than the Colts and wish we were playing them instead.

WE GOT THIS THOUGH!

nah i rather play chargers than peyton manning. Also it will work out cause ravens might beat the colts:)

btw I got a ride so its all good:)

Hax

Smash Champion
SOMEONE DRIVE ME TO THIS

i'll pay $15 if i go 1-way, $20 if i go roundtrip

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Yea Jets match up better against the Chargers imo. Chargers D is worse than Cincy's and we were able run all over them and that makes things alot easier on Sanchez. The Colts give us too many problems with their D and Manning is too good so were not gonna be able to pressure him as well as we would Rivers. Itd be nice to see the Jets pull off the win against SD then go on to play the Colts.

There's a thread on this anyway in the Pool Room http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260472

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
except theres no such thing as being "due" for anything.
no there is not, but statistics can provide evidence that may "suggest" as much.

a team with 2 straight loses then a win is WAY more common than a team with 11 wins then a win.

Given that the following is less complex the main principle stands:

a coin flip is roughly 50/50 and independent of previous action right?( Ideally one could flip it and get tails 100 times in a row cuz the events are disjoint right? The event of getting tails 100 times in a row however is unrealistic and I would bet all the money in the world that if you come to me at pound and flip a coin 100 times that we will not see tails 100 times in a row. If the latter is disjoint why am I so compelled to put so much money on it? If the events are TRULY disjoint how can i determine that ABSOULTELY NO ONE WILL SRSLY TAKE ME UP ON THAT BET AT POUND before I even present the challenge. Why are the odds for teams winning playoff series from being down 0-3 so much lower than that of teams being up 2-1?. The direct statistic can reflect a 50/50 on a coin flip all it wants, but theres no doubt in my mind that the odds of getting heads 100 times in a row and the odds of getting 5 heads in a row are similar. The events arent joint but they arent completely disjoint...indirectly joint perhaps?

with that said:

20 dollar coin flip money match 4-1 odds (you put up 5 and I'll put up 20.)

If you flip a coin in my presence 100 times and I see tails each one of those 100 times, you win. if heads comes up within any of those 100 tosses you lose.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
no there is not, but statistics can provide evidence that may "suggest" as much.

a team with 2 straight loses then a win is WAY more common than a team with 11 wins then a win.

Given that the following is less complex the main principle stands:

a coin flip is roughly 50/50 and independent of previous action right?( Ideally one could flip it and get tails 100 times in a row cuz the events are disjoint right? The event of getting tails 100 times in a row however is unrealistic and I would bet all the money in the world that if you come to me at pound and flip a coin 100 times that we will not see tails 100 times in a row. If the latter is disjoint why am I so compelled to put so much money on it? If the events are TRULY disjoint how can i determine that ABSOULTELY NO ONE WILL SRSLY TAKE ME UP ON THAT BET AT POUND before I even present the challenge. Why are the odds for teams winning playoff series from being down 0-3 so much lower than that of teams being up 2-1?. The direct statistic can reflect a 50/50 on a coin flip all it wants, but theres no doubt in my mind that the odds of getting heads 100 times in a row and the odds of getting 5 heads in a row are similar. The events arent joint but they arent completely disjoint...indirectly joint perhaps?

with that said:

20 dollar coin flip money match 4-1 odds (you put up 5 and I'll put up 20.)

If you flip a coin in my presence 100 times and I see tails each one of those 100 times, you win. if heads comes up within any of those 100 tosses you lose.
I actually learned about this in university this year.

The probably of landing 100 tails in a row is EXACTLY AS REALISTIC as ANY of combination of possible flips.

The porbabilty off flipping any combinations of heads/tails is 100% perfectly equal to the probabilty of flipping any other combination.

|the only reason why you sound more convinced is because YOU havent chosen a set. For example, i'd Bet that i could flip 100 tails in a row only if you would bet that you could flip 55 heads and 45 tails for example. You also have to chose some combination of flips and the likelyhood of me winning is just as good as you winning. But you're stacking the deck on your side. you're saying "you get one option out of roughly a hundred thousands outcomes, i get the other thousand. fair?"

See my point? you osund convincing because you say "you cant flipp 100 tails in a row" but the reality is, flipping 100 tails is JUST AS LIKELY as flipping any other 100 flip combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom