• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4 Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack of Blades!

Smash Journeyman
I agree Nightmare.

The Brawl commentary kept focusing on the chat alot sometimes. They shoulda just ignored the chat and talked about the matches the whole time.

I really injoyed Wife and Husband commentating, they are pretty legit at that stuff.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
As much as I love fun commentary, I think professional commentary is the way to go at large events. If we take ourselves more seriously and give off a more professional image then I think the community would expand faster. Not that both fun and professional isn't possible though - I thought Husband and Wife did a good job at doing both.

And if you thought the Jiggly dittos were boring (especially winner's finals) then you clearly cannot appreciate a good Melee match. Learn how to watch the spacing and baiting tricksies and not just what moves hit.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I loled at the people thinking Pritch was a newbie. He's been around since before Hbox was good XD

Atlus8

Smash Master
Also, my third round Melee pool had HungryBox, PC Chris, Shroomed, IHaveSpaceBalls, WarriorKnight and me. How hard is it to balance out pools? Faab also got a really tough pool btw. Even if some things make sense seedingwise, some top seeds are more equal than others. Apparently Plank thought so too, because most people I talked to think he fixed his pools and bracket, which is quite possible considering his placing.
You really can't hold the TO for having such a difficult pool since it was 3rd round! The pool that was overlooked was the one that had HugS, SilentSpectre and Falcomist! They are all from California!

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Yeah, I think HugS told me about that. I'm more annoyed about regional seeding than I am with balancing the pools.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
A lot of people seem to think that Plank DQ'ing a bunch of other teams shows that he wasn't biased in his decision.

But these people are ignoring the fact that DQ'ing ANYBODY from the entire tourney for being twenty minutes late is completely ludicrous.

Either he was being incredibly biased or he was making ridiculous calls that no TO should ever make.

At the very least, I know that PC and Janet weren't DQ'd until afterward. Plank stated candidly that he basically had no choice due to the M2K/Jman situation.

This was a fun time overall and I really appreciate the time and dedication that must have gone into this, but this particular call was really just unacceptable. Hopefully the rules will be more clearly stated in the future and we won't have to deal with it again.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I really felt like M2k should've won vs. Armada, and DrPP vs Lukky.

Hbox was pretty cool to meet. You can have my chair any day.

Mango, your tournament winning taunt on Hbox was better than rest to rest combo, and I know you did it for me. I love you too pookie!

Amsah, by far my favorite European. Impressed me tremendously.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I really felt like M2k should've won vs. Armada, and DrPP vs Lukky.

Hbox was pretty cool to meet. You can have my chair any day.

Mango, your tournament winning taunt on Hbox was better than rest to rest combo, and I know you did it for me. I love you too pookie!

Amsah, by far my favorite European. Impressed me tremendously.
Armada definitely earned his win, but it could have gone either way.

It was an amazing set, though. So very close.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I say have two pound 5's.

A brawl edition and a Melee edition.

They won't clash and crews can actually ****ing happen.
some players would have to stay in MD for a week cuz they play both games, or be forced to choose....

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Never said they'd be a week apart, one in the spring and one in the fall, or summer and winter

Edit: Kinda like the Summer and Winter Olympic games except not separated by two years.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it sounds like a better idea would be to have two Melee Pound's a year <_<

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Plank's DQ rule was in effect:
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes La- NO MERCY

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Vwins Vanz HBK Faab Pyodyk and Zhu was the worst pool IMO

Edit: I agree completely with Zoso.
Hello.

I actually think there were pools harder than mine, especially that ss / hugs / falcomist / pakman / tope one LOL. Mine was definitely hard though. Vwins / Faab should never not make it out of pools =/

booshk

Smash Lord
**** m2k vs armada such an intense set, way too close. imagine if that bomb wasnt pulled out. lol.

great commentary wife and husband, i missed it

m2k and jmans dq: from what i can see, they were dqed from losers while others were not. i can understand if plank DQed everyone late from losers as well OKOK thats ur policy. but he didnt apparently? and thats what makes it unfair imo, if im correct about my assumptions though.

good stuff plank lol

Clint_Eastwood

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, this is really random and not important at all... But whatever happened to VirusBlueMage? Did he actually show up and get owned or did he not go? He started a lot of bull**** before Pound so I'm just wondering what happened there.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I feel for you. Those matches with Hugo were so long XD

And the matches where SS got tech-chased by Tope made me cringe.
I was at the pair of TVs where that entire pool was played, and I was recording one of the TVs. I only have SS/Tope, SS/DJN, SS/HugS, Tope/HugS, Tope/Falcomist, Tope/Pakman, Tope/DJN, Falcomist/Pakman, and Falcomist/HugS. Nobody was recording the other TV from what I saw...

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
What determined who moved on in pools (seems like it wasn't raw wins/losses)? Also it seems like some of the pools results are a little messed up on aib.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
A lot of people seem to think that Plank DQ'ing a bunch of other teams shows that he wasn't biased in his decision.

But these people are ignoring the fact that DQ'ing ANYBODY from the entire tourney for being twenty minutes late is completely ludicrous.

Either he was being incredibly biased or he was making ridiculous calls that no TO should ever make.

At the very least, I know that PC and Janet weren't DQ'd until afterward. Plank stated candidly that he basically had no choice due to the M2K/Jman situation.

This was a fun time overall and I really appreciate the time and dedication that must have gone into this, but this particular call was really just unacceptable. Hopefully the rules will be more clearly stated in the future and we won't have to deal with it again.
20 minutes late is ridiculously late IMO. It's disrespectful when people commit to something and then arrive late. Also for a tournament of this size it's going to get ridiculous if you allow people to be 20+ minutes late all the time. Basically people should just get there early

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
(by word of mouth) Roman beat Taj 2-1, lost to pkm and Adam 1-2, and beat the other people in his pool but didn't make it out (although on allisbrawl it doesn't say this at all, I don't know which source is wrong). Would it be because he had the same amount of set wins as pkm but lost the head-to-head, even if he had more wins?

Banks

Smash Hero
This was definitely the best tournament I've ever been to.

i got heavily butt touched in round 3 pools, but i was glad to get there

also, i got very little rest so i probably looked more and more like a heroin addict as time went on. i would prefer people with pictures to not stealth tag me on facebook but i'll deal with it lol

oh, and i did lots of heroin this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom