• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4 Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Text from alex strife: 12:51 AM

"Crismas told me kiwii was in the room w jman...they lied to u they just slept in thinking you would not dq them lolz..."

Response from Plank: 12:53 AM

"whod she hear that from"

Text from Alex Strife: 12:55 AM

"Cristin said Janet told her"

Response from Plank: 12:56 AM

"is that 100% true plz ask kristen this is rly important"

I then immediately signed on AIM and IM'd Cristin.

[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:00:02 AM] dreamthieve: are u serious
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:00:05 AM] dreamthieve: that janet said that to u
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:00:08 AM] dreamthieve: cuz that just justifies me 100%
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:00:29 AM] crismas: yes, but PLEASE talk to Janet first...cause Janet goes to me "i'm not blaming Plank for any of this, I'm blaming Jman because he wanted to sleep in"
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:01:22 AM] dreamthieve: **** janet
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:01:48 AM] dreamthieve: they drank rum and vodka and broke into a closed building in the side door and smashed a bottle of rum on the floor
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:01:53 AM] dreamthieve: and left an empty bottle of vodka in the venue
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:01:59 AM] dreamthieve: i was already pissed, then this on top of that
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:02:08 AM] crismas: wow...
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:02:10 AM] crismas: god ****nn
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:02:32 AM] dreamthieve: yep
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:02:34 AM] dreamthieve: this is coming out
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:02:37 AM] dreamthieve: cuz this is hurting my name
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:02:39 AM] dreamthieve: but
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:02:45 AM] dreamthieve: thank you for being honest
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:02:52 AM] dreamthieve: cuz my TO name was being slandered for no reason
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:02:52 AM] crismas: i know...yea...I agree, no one is sticking up for you
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:03:25 AM] dreamthieve: ty
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:03:26 AM] dreamthieve: <3

thx for everyone who was patient with me til i could get to my comp and sort things out....

im so glad i DQ'd them now. they get drunk the night before, ****ed with my venue, then tried to sleep in and get away with it.

To all the NY players who lied to try and cover jmans tracks, u should be ashamed of urselves trying to lie and take advantage of me like that

jman deserved the full DQ and so did kiwii, so i really dont care anymore. this is why i have such strict rules, because everyone is full of ****.

play by my rules or dont come to my tourney, i did the right thing and they both deserved to be dq'd in the end. kiwi taught me never to even make an exception for people because they just lie. i made a mistake trusting someone who i thought was a friend and they lied to me as well.

such a disrespectful community sometimes, i kinda figured jman was asleep but BOTH the people causing the debate were in on it together, figures.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
This was stated from the BEGINNING about the DQ. That was day 1, btw.

M2K has every right to be upset...as he thought, like anybody would...his partner would be on time. I think the situation could have had a different solution if people weren't just flipping out and trying to handle it with yelling/complaining.

I'm not really taking sides on this because it's done and over with. A decision was made and well...that was it.

What pissed me off is that this situation was recorded. I was worried about what kind of light this would put on the community. I KNOW it could have been handled differently. The problem was that people were thinking irrationally and just going off on a tangent.

I personally saw this situation from the moment they realized JMan was missing up until I decided to help keep things running with teams because it was getting too hectic. You want a neutral party? Look no further. However...I won't do it unless it's REALLY needed. It's really up to Plank and M2K whether I need to say anything.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Pool matches aren't played in a set order. If your pool hasn't finished yet, you are still on time. You just have to play all of your matches in a row. I think you should be allowed to play whatever you are on time for if you paid to enter.
What happens if multiple people do this though?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Everyone that's saying it's Jman's fault and that he was being irresponsible should shut the **** up.

There was a problem at the hotel and he couldn't leave until it was solved. It wasn't his fault so shut the **** up and get your ****ing facts straight before you talk out of your *** :)
The facts are now set straight and I stand by what I said.

Shakugan

Smash Journeyman
You did the right thing plank even though M2K got the raw end of the deal. You had to follow the rules, with you going though on that you get mad respect

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Saying that this new development now justifies you 100% just means that you weren't justified 100% before.

Regardless of why they were late, I still don't agree with the double DQ, all of this is irrelevant.

I'm amazed that they got trashed and came as early as they did lol.

Please don't take my arguments as me saying I didn't enjoy this tourny because I did.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I feel bad for m2k cuz he got cheated out of money because of something he had nothing to do with. poor guy.

DJRome

Smash Hero
i don't think that's how pools dqs worked. they called u up and gave u like 10 min to get to the pool or else dq. there was no cutoff of time for pools per se.

and people that say run your own tournament, even if someone were to run his own tournament, how does that validate this decision? it's pretty much just a dumb way of saying you agree with plank. and while im ambivalent, it pretty much makes no sense to say such things like that. moreover, players are players and it is not their job to make sure things are done well.

if you think someone messed up ur sandwich for which you paid, it'd be dumb for people to say, make ur own sandwich unless maybe ur a girl. so man the fvck up and learn to listen to criticism. it's not as if it's pure flaming. people likely have the intention of making sure future tournaments run fairly and want to ensure that bias is eliminated from to's decisions

malva00

Smash Master
Lying is just as bad as pooping in the middle of the hotel hallway at a norcal tourney

Not saying anyone lied just saying

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Random statement.

It sucks being in the smash community and not knowing many smashers, must be my lack of interest in friendlies.

I wanted to take more photos with my **** *** camera but I didn't feel like asking people I didn't know if they wanted their photo taken, I felt so lonely :[.

lol

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
Lying is almost as bad as pooping in the middle of the hotel hallway at a norcal tourney

Not saying anyone lied just saying
LMAO I REMEMBER THAT, NCT1

It was my friend's first tournament and he played you first round. Too good :chuckle:

Thanks for a great tournament and the livestream especially for people back home, Plank :)

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Plank was in the right to DQ him, he specifically said "be on time or I'll DQ you. No exceptions."

Also, DJ Nintendo, Warrior Knight, JMan, and Enzo I have a question for you guys...

When am I getting my $270.32 for the room?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Plank was in the right to DQ him, he specifically said "be on time or I'll DQ you. No exceptions."

Also, DJ Nintendo, Warrior Knight, JMan, and Enzo I have a question for you guys...

OHHHHH SHlT

NlGGAS GETTIN ROBBED

KageMurphy

Smash Master
^ ahahaha, his winnings gone in a NY minute, tough break ***

Mad serious, this dude even listed the cents, pay this man.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Wow this is why I do not give the money anymore I never got paid back for like....

3 years LOLZ

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
look @ my long *** post. people who say i didnt know he was lying should re-read. i didnt expect janet to disrespect me that hard too, but oh well

pockyD

Smash Legend
there is no real such thing as a 'double dq'

a disqualification in and of itself pertains to the event, not the match

by using the term disqualify, plank had already let it known that they would be out of the tournament

any confusion is based on a misunderstanding of the english language

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Tournaments in the history of the game involved forfeiture of matches you were not there for. DQ has always been DQ, but it has never been used for being late for a match, to my knowledge, until Pound 4.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
People are just butthurt that one of the best teams which would have had great matches was disqualified for legitimate reasons. I feel terrible for Jason because he was on time.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
DQ has always been DQ, but it has never been used for being late for a match, to my knowledge, until Pound 4.
This is why it caused confusion.

I'm pretty sure if anyone was asked before this incident happened if they thought Plank would remove someone from both winners and losers if this situation were to arise they would say no even though he used the word disqualify.

It is just unheard of...well it was anyway.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
That was EVO rules wasn't it? You get DQ'ed if you're late?
Regardless....a large tournament needs to be on point. Plank repreated himself more times than I cared to hear. I was getting sick of hearing him repeating about the DQ. Then again...smashers can be a bit deaf when they want to. How many times did we have to say where Crismas was selling stickers?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Who cares anymore? They didn't get to play and we can't go back in time to change ****. M2K should just team with someone else from on if he's that heated. Even though I will sincerely miss the team of M2K and Jman it's probably for the best.

D20

Smash Lord
and people that say run your own tournament, even if someone were to run his own tournament, how does that validate this decision? it's pretty much just a dumb way of saying you agree with plank. and while im ambivalent, it pretty much makes no sense to say such things like that. moreover, players are players and it is not their job to make sure things are done well.
You are correct. The "run your own tournament" comments do not validate any one decision. When I made my one sarcastic little post, it was simply done with the intention of putting the event into perspective. Coordinating a 400+ person event, comprised of two games, players from all over the world, and spanning three days is no small task. I can only imagine the work that Plank had to go through over the past few months and, especially, the last week. He had an incredible amount on his plate, and he handled it all as best as he could. Do I agree with all of his decisions? Maybe. Maybe not. However, I realize that he did not have an eternity to think his decisions through and that his attention was divided among a number of issues. The community will undoubtedly perceive some of these choices to be better than others.

I want to see a Pound 5 on an even larger scale, and it can only happen if Plank has the community's support and trust. To criticize Plank is not completely unreasonable. However, I think it must be done in a more constructive manner. Some of the posts I have been reading have been written in bad taste and with a lack of information. These obnoxious posters are probably not providing Plank with much motivation to host future events. Then again, perhaps some of you do not want to see Plank organize more tournaments. To that? Run your own tournament.

~D20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom