• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4 Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I thought (and still think) Armada is best in Europe, but why did he lose to Amsah? I think he would have had hbox and then we'd see Armada/Mang0 again.

Actually i saw the matches and those fairs from Amsah were nasty.

NeutralDamage

Smash Journeyman
I think Armada is still the best in Europe, in PAL-version I mean. One reason why armada lost to amsah now was the ntsc-version boost that amsah got. But we'll see how they do against eachother in the future european tourneys, perhaps amsah will be better, who knows.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Lol@how biased and untrue M2K's post was. I'll make a more detailed response when i have time but a few things that aren't true.

Doll never asked me to forfeit the match to M2K. That is a total lie, and I would've allowed that to happen as long as Jman was there by the time the next set came up in brackets. Doll only told me that Jman wasn't here, which is why i was alerted to the situation. When a player tells me their opponent isn't there after the match is called, I give 10 minutes then a DQ. That's simply my policy, I dq'd tons of people from both teams and singles to make sure things happened on time (and they did).

As far as warriorknight he got to stay in bracket 100% only because his opponents never came and told me that he was not there. His part of the bracket was help up and inconvenienced the tournament, and had I have had ANY idea I would have obviously DQ'd them as well. The problem is I can only enforce what I know. Whatever team Warriorknight's team was fighting never said a word to me. I wish they would have, the tournament would've went a bit faster.

One more thing I have to address is the conduct of ADHD. I stayed quiet in the tournament because I didn't want any real drama going on there, but here is what ADHD said to me when I told him that the prizes were going to be paid in checks. Note I hadn't exchanged a word with ADHD the entire tournament yet.

"Plank you better pay me or I am going to come to your house shoot your girlfriend and hang her from the ceiling" I handled the situation professionally and didn't make a big deal of it, but that was really disturbing, uncalled for, and a huge ***** move ADHD. I have to go pick more people up from the airport, more on the dramas later.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Also, shame on anyone who flames me before I even get home from the tournament to respond.

No respect whatsoever.

nyc_tag$

Smash Journeyman

EDIT: Everyone thinks I'm a big black guy before they meet me. You kinda just get used to it after a while LOL

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
One more thing I have to address is the conduct of ADHD. I stayed quiet in the tournament because I didn't want any real drama going on there, but here is what ADHD said to me when I told him that the prizes were going to be paid in checks. Note I hadn't exchanged a word with ADHD the entire tournament yet.

"Plank you better pay me or I am going to come to your house shoot your girlfriend and hang her from the ceiling" I handled the situation professionally and didn't make a big deal of it, but that was really disturbing, uncalled for, and a huge ***** move ADHD. I have to go pick more people up from the airport, more on the dramas later.
Wow did he really say that? Are you sure it was not just a bad joke from him? Why would he be that aggressive for no particular reason?

Drephen

Smash Master
It's ****ing bull**** and unacceptable. Me and PC arrived late for Pound2 so we were put in losers bracket but we still came back and won. Everyone I asked and told the whole story/situation to agreed with us as well that it's extremely unfair. Being DQed from winners AND losers?? NOT ALLOWING OPPOSING TEAM TO FORFEIT WHEN THEY SAID THEY WOULD. ALLOWING Warrior Knight to enter but not me and Jman. It's COMPLETELY UNFAIR. I practiced Sheik a lot for that tourney and teams with Jman only to get DQed because Jman arrived late and Plank was an *******. 700 dollars down the drain for no reason at all.

There is no justification for what he did at all and it is completely unfair
stop bitc.hing fa.ggot, plank made the rules clear and you broke them

700 down the drain? still an arrogant fu.ck arent you?

read planks post again people, M2K lying? no ****ing way. if its anyone you should blame its jman for being late. Plank was just doing is job as teh tourney host, no ****ing exceptions for anybody. Go take your arrogant winy *** to some other tourney host that will suck your little ****.

shoutouts later!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yea ADHD was stupid for saying that, but it was obviously a joke cause we all know what happened last time ADHD won a (semi) national tournament...

The Newb

Smash Ace
Unbiased: You guys should reserve judgment until Plank has a chance to defend himself.

Biased: He's actually out HIMSELF driving people to the airport(s) because nobody else can be bothered. He also actually bought hotel rooms for the Europeans who arrived early. What did you do? You sat around and complained and *****ed about how unfair the world is.

You're right though, M2K; Plank is the *******.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
for real i mean big freakin deal you have to cash a check but u still won a couple thousand dollars for playing a game i mean grow up adhd
ADHD won Brawl at SNES and is down over $1K because of the whole John Keough business with getting paid by check. He is also like 15 years old.

These aren't excuses for saying what Plank is claiming he said, those sorts of threats are never acceptable. But do understand that yes, ADHD is immature because he's young as hell, and also has a past reason to not trust checks from TOs for huge sums of money. My guess is that ADHD just had a Deja Vu back to SNES or was telling an off color joke that rubbed Plank the wrong way (don't know him well enough to guess which is more likely). He should just cash his check, apologize for his comments and everyone should be cool.

RE: M2K situation: Why weren't M2K and JMan just put into loser's bracket when they were DQed from the Doll match? I fail to see how there could've been enough time for M2K and JMan to be DQed from both winner's and loser's before anyone even knew that Warrior Knight wasn't there.

Zeu$

Smash Journeyman
stop bitc.hing fa.ggot, plank made the rules clear and you broke them

700 down the drain? still an arrogant fu.ck arent you?

read planks post again people, M2K lying? no ****ing way. if its anyone you should blame its jman for being late. Plank was just doing is job as teh tourney host, no ****ing exceptions for anybody. Go take your arrogant winy *** to some other tourney host that will suck your little ****.

shoutouts later!
Well d@mn...

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Planks awesome. Drephens post was uncalled for but ummm pretty true.

Seems like m2k just plays to make that money now and doesn't have fun unless hes winning. Pretty sure hbox got beat by MaNg0, Thorn got destroyed by Zhu, Armada got 4th, Axe lost to Armada, and so much more but they all had fun. When M2K loses it seems like the world should blow up because he lost a set.

Learn from your losses. Even the best players lose sometimes. No one is the best forever.

mogwai-Because jman and m2k would **** the entire losers bracket without blinking.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Because jman and m2k would **** the entire losers bracket without blinking.
I hope you are just kidding about that! You would say it's ok to DQ jman/m2k entirely because they would beat everyone else?!

Also, why does everyone keep bringing up that M2K is b!+c#ing about singles? I have only seen him talk about what happened in doubles! Some of you are making some s#!+ up!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Can anyone explain what kind of "boost" Sheik gets in the NTSC version as opposed to the PAL version of Melee?
dthrow is about r79q47982374917234 times better in NTSC. In PAL, her chaingrabs don't work and dthrow -> aerial on floaties doesn't work.

uair kills much better in NTSC, which is relevant vs. Peach/Samus/Jiggs, especially when combined with being able to combo into it from a dthrow. however, it does combo better on fast fallers in PAL (uair -> fairs), but it's generally considered more relevant in NTSC.

Sox

Smash Journeyman
people were amazingly disrespectful towards Hbox during singles GFs. I know people think jiggs dittos are boring, but really, they're the two best players in the world. watching them play at their highest level regardless of the character is definitely worth watching without yelling at Hbox to just SD and "save everyone an hour". I dunno, it just really bothered me. Congrats mango, and good stuff Hbox too. I Had a good time at this and hopefully the melee representation gets something like this at the other VGBootcamp events in the future. Good stuff plank and everyone who made it possible.

Renth

Smash Hero
Great tournament plank, glad I could help out as much as I did.

on a sad note: this tournament made me hate brawl even more than I use to, the majority of the community was annoying crying their eyes about because they didn't get any time on live stream or projectors on day 1 - (where there wasn't supposed to be brawl anyway) day 2 they said they had a major lack of set ups which melee had only a few more.

I heard at one point someone changed the bracket smooth move guys and ADHD way to make a complete *** out of yourself.

Jack of Blades!

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone explain what kind of "boost" Sheik gets in the NTSC version as opposed to the PAL version of Melee?
Her slap isn't as good I think *not that sure about that one*, and I know her upair isn't as good by alot. Her downthrow doesn't lead to anything I think aswell. There might be other things, that's all I can think of off the top of my head *edit: haha I was beat t othe explanation*

Double Falcons taking second in teams, hell yeah, too manly.

I was hoping Amsah would get in top 5 ^_^

Drama Drama Drama. It always happens, but oh well. Life goes on.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
yeah i don't really get why we didn't just get sent to losers.. i wish plank told me that was the penalty when i was pestering him the day before that i'd be late the next day for teams. then pc could have just teamed with someone else

o well, still an amazing tourney. good job plank for running and organizing the whole thing. it was great seeing everyone again :] shoutouts later

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Dthrow is basically impossible to follow up in PAL, sans tech-chasing. NTSC, well... Yeah.

About the DQ situation: In basically every other competitive community, losing the first round is a legitimate strategy, because it's so much easier to plow through the loser's bracket. Why, then, should a top contender be completely removed because they "lost" (whether it was a DQ or not) their first match?

Did plank double-DQ every person that was late, or just M2K/Jman? A double-DQ for being late doesn't make much sense, but as long as the rules were enforced the same way for everyone, then the situation isn't "unfair," it's just a TO's preference on their DQ rulings.

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
****, a lot of drama to start off the year in Smash... 2010 is gonna be interesting
I'm in awe of how the whole tourney turned out. To have so many people come from all over the world is awesome.
Also, I learned a lot from most of Husband and Wife's commentary (good stuff) and some spacing/punishing options from the GF Jiggs ditto. Mango is amazing!
Pound 4 was too good, more tourneys w/ less drama please =D

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Plank ran an amazing tournament that will go down in smash history.

That being said, I do believe that a double DQ is dumb and don't agree with it. M2K and Jman would have definitely gotten 2nd and maybe even first.

Other **** went down with the pool and bracket involving a certain player that me and a bunch of other smashers were suspicious about but I won't talk about that here because I know I will be flamed.

Edit: He double dq'd everyone else afterwards but I'm pretty sure they were the first double dq. He was going to send kiwi and PC into losers until the m2k jman thing happened and after that had to stick to his guns and double dq them as well. I'm not positive about all this but I'm pretty sure.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Dthrow is basically impossible to follow up in PAL, sans tech-chasing. NTSC, well... Yeah.

About the DQ situation: In basically every other competitive community, losing the first round is a legitimate strategy, because it's so much easier to plow through the loser's bracket. Why, then, should a top contender be completely removed because they "lost" (whether it was a DQ or not) their first match?

Did plank double-DQ every person that was late, or just M2K/Jman? A double-DQ for being late doesn't make much sense, but as long as the rules were enforced the same way for everyone, then the situation isn't "unfair," it's just a TO's preference on their DQ rulings.
As far as I know plank double DQed every team/person that was late (that he knew about). The reasoning for a double DQ rather than just sending them to loser's bracket is apparently that he wouldn't want to mess up the brackets (if a really good team got sent to loser's bracket) and it's just easier to double DQ.

Also purposefully losing first round because loser's bracket is "easier" is one of the dumbest strategies ever because you have to play the good people eventually. Even if you wanted to do it, you should be there and lose on purpose.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
People need to stop complaining about DQs. The players that got DQ'd knew what was on the line, yet they chose to be irresponsible and be late. Being late when there are strict time limits is unacceptable and if it's beyond your control, well then tough luck that's life (but I'm pretty sure in all these situations the players had options to fall back on). Life isn't always fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom