• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound 4 predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
This

No matter how much amsah tried to convince me he was, but I busted him and faab lol and he knew it, but still kept up. =)

Faab is gonna have fun time trolling you guys when this is over rofl, for falling for this. xP
LOL **** thats pretty funny though.

VBM probably went and just got ***** and then didn't reveal himself.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
I don't think VBM went to pound 4 at all. He is not revealing himself yet. My boi is gettin his Roy level'd up!

His power level is pretty high right now, no joke.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
btw, husband/wife are much better commentators than phil/brandon.

Just saying, I actually don't mute husband/wife in the presence of my family XD

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
meh. depends on what you're going for. husband/wife are better overall commentators but I kinda feel like i'm reliving the moment when I listen to waffles and phil. They're so hyped about everything that it even leaves the crowd amped. The first day of commentary was terrible. Twin 1 and Twin A were okay but the entire time, it seemed like every commentator would repeat west coast commentary, and in a very bland manner. I heard Kazoo say "shake his hand, tell em you love em" like 10 times and there were too many "where you at"s.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I don't think VBM went to pound 4 at all. He is not revealing himself yet. My boi is gettin his Roy level'd up!

His power level is pretty high right now, no joke.
lol on the live stream someone said someone (i forget who) claimed to be VBM in pools..... maybe someone else remembers the names.

ShootingStars

Smash Apprentice
husband/wife are the WAY better commentators, they actually tell others whats going on, and do not do random stuff such as singing, laughing, and just screaming for no reason. its very useful for other smashers watching. this gives them tips/help to improve their game.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Yeah, that was pretty amazing. Faab IRL trolled the **** out of me with that, I went up and talked to him for like 5 minutes about it before finding out later that he made it up XD

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
btw, husband/wife are much better commentators than phil/brandon.

Just saying, I actually don't mute husband/wife in the presence of my family XD
having to mute them in the presence of your family doesn't say anything at all about their commentary, more about your family's unwillingness to adapt to English.
oh burn

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I know-- I'm talking about the appropriateness of their language. They are mad funny and good at hyping people up, but not good commentators =P

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Singles
1. Mango (Jiggs/Falco)
2. Hungrybox (Jiggs)
3. Amsah (Shiek)
4. Armada (Peach/Fox)
5. M2K (Marth/Fox/Shiek)
5. Jman (Fox)
7. Lucky (Fox)
7. Zhu (Falco)
9. Tope (Sheik)
9. Silentspectre (Captain Falcon)
9. Dr. Peepee (Falco)
9. Plank (Sheik)
13. Hax (Captain Falcon)
13. DEHF (???)
13. Darkrain (Captain Falcon)
13. Linguini (Ganondorf)
17. Axe (Pikachu/Falco)
17. Remen (Fox)
17. Ka-Master (Luigi)
17. Zgetto (Fox)
17. Over triforce (??? my European smash knowledge is limited -_-)
17. Silent Wolf (Fox)
17. Kage (Ganondorf)
17. PC Chris (Fox/Falco)
25. Cactuar (Fox)
25. Swift (Fox)
25. Falcomist (Falco?!)
25. Chu (Ice Climbers)
25. Adam (???)
25. Vidjo (Peach)
25. Drephen (Sheik)
25. Kels (Fox)
33. Shroomed (Dr. Mario)
33. Scar (Captain Falcon)
33. HBK (Marth)
33. Lovage (Fox)
33. macd (Peach)
33. I.B. (??? the canadian guy.... <_<)
33. Kirbykaze (Sheik)
33. G$ (Marth/Falco?)
33. unknown522 (Fox)
33. Th0rne (???)
33. RaynEX (Fox)
33. Darc (Jiggs)
33. Vanz (Jiggs/Peach/?)
33. Strawhat (Marth)
33. HMW (Dr. Mario)
33. Eggm (Falco?)

Only two Europeans in top 15, just like I said it was gonna happen. So yeah.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Chival, DEHFplays Falco, Over plays Sheik, Th0rn plays Falco, and Eggm played Fox.

And VaNz played Sheik too.

don't know about IB. I think he plays Marth maybe?

And I'm pretty sure g$ played Falco too so you can remove the ?

Adam plays Falco and Sheik

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i predict:

1. mango
2. hungrybox
3. amsah
4. armada
5. m2k
5. jman
7. lucky
7. zhu

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i predict that SS will beat Armada early on in the bracket and then Armada will be bracket canceled by NTSC Amsah

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Husband and Wife commentary was so good. They didn't have the hype that HMW and Phil bring, but Husband and Wife brought a lot of insight and background to the matches, which is what I prefer. I actually learned quite a bit from listening to them, lol.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Husband and Wife commentary was so good. They didn't have the hype that HMW and Phil bring, but Husband and Wife brought a lot of insight and background to the matches, which is what I prefer. I actually learned quite a bit from listening to them, lol.
yeah this lol. Husband and Wife are CLASSIC. Best commentators in the history of smash. Heck, they are the commentators of smash.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
First off...I said it wasn't going to come down to Mango vs. Armada.
Secondly...I said don't sleep on Amsah.

WIFE had the good commentary. Husband's commentary was...ugh. He said so many things that were just...blah and opinionated. At least from what I saw. Also...a lot of stuff they said about euro-smash was incorrect. *sigh* I wish I was still there so I could have commentated.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
^yeah, it definitely felt like the good old days thats for sure.

Wife really needs to do more commentating, preferably on his own or with Husband.

No hate on HMW though. Combo's aren't as awesome without him screaming in the mic. <3

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Lol, I'd prefer to hear Wife on his own. I'm pretty sure that Husband has been known to put his foot in his mouth even in the old MLG days. Wife would just ignore it, or politely correct it and move on. You could tell the slight awkward silence when he did, though. I'd love to commentate with Wife at least once. Same goes for HMW.

I'm more of a:
Commentate on what's going on...but be hype about it, too. kind of guy.

It's kinda like SF commentating. Melty Blood as well. Great commentating...you see/hear what's going on, and you also get to laugh.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Hearing Wife/Husband commentate was personally amazing to me, like.. it brought me back to the days of watching pc vs m2k where they commentated at MLG.

They honestly make it sound the most professional. I like it.

OH ALSO, someone should see who was the most accurate guess. I'm curious.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Euros are gonna say they ***** even though they have over twice the population that we do lol...
Not really..:embarrass
Our community is a lot smaller and younger than yours..=]

But it would have been so much better if Armada'd pulled out the win on Amsah. Something tells me he'd have been able to adapt to Amsah's improved NTSC Sheik but it would have taken more matches than they had. I hope we see serious MMs on YT between AR and HBox/mango, vids that SHOULD have been LFs/GFs.
So much love..:urg:

And I highly disagree of course. If you actually paid attention to the matches (and the momentum), you would have noticed I dominated during the entire set, even in the match I lost I felt like I had the upper hand until the very end where he pulled of a disgusting combo and got the crowd going. If it was best of 7 it would've most likely ended in 4 -1 rather than some epic comeback, but yeah..I'm clearly biased..:embarrass

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Not really..:embarrass
Our community is a lot smaller and younger than yours..=]

So much love..:urg:

And I highly disagree of course. If you actually paid attention to the matches (and the momentum), you would have noticed I dominated during the entire set, even in the match I lost I felt like I had the upper hand until the very end where he pulled of a disgusting combo and got the crowd going. If it was best of 7 it would've most likely ended in 4 -1 rather than some epic comeback, but yeah..I'm clearly biased..:embarrass

Clearly biased but very true : ). Anybody that watched the livestream could tell that Amsah had control of Armada the entire time.

VA

Smash Hero
I believed Amsah would take out Aramada, you could see the confidence in his style and it really is Sheik holding him back from being to do it in PAL.

The crucial difference is the grab, it's like a free 30% when Peach is low or a free slap from grab or nothing from grab in PAL.

I think Amsah had it down and Armada was always going to struggle with it...being as they know each others styles so well too...I wanted to see M2k take out Armada so badly so Amsah had a tournament match against him. I would have loved to see that more than anything else.

Right now people don't have a tactic for fighting jiggz, by the end of the year I predict that she'll be counterable in some way or other. But who knows?

황미영

Smash Champion
Oh! I agree too with the whole Husband and Wife professional commentating. Shouting random things and being funny is cool and all but Husband and Wife made this seem a bit more mature. :p
I really liked their commentary, man this was very nostalgic. D;
Good stuff PC! :D
Amsah and Armada you too! ;D Even though I wanted Armada to win... T.T

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
I think Husband and Wife returning than Commentating the Best Set (in my opinion) was prob the second highlight of the tourney, I miss that stuff where they talk about the match instead of screaming lol no offense to the other commentators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom