• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Metaknight Banned Kansas City National Tournament

Saffy

Smash Ace
Gurl you pumping tourney's up lol. DIBS ON HOUSING.
Are you talking to me? LOL

I'm doing this because I feel this may be an opportunity for brawl to be revived. I doubt it, but just sitting there doing nothing will never change anything. I actually miss how the community was back in 2009 when I first started playing. I hate seeing it go downhill day after day, and all the crazy unneeded drama. I know alot of people disrespect me as a person because of some of my views, but I care alot about everyone in this community. I just want to do something good for everyone honestly, and that is my way of giving back to the wonderful people I've met. The Metaknight ban, I know will hurt many players... But I think it would bring the community more together in a good way.
Though enough about that~

You are one person I'd like to meet before Smash dies out. I Respect you so much as a top player and I do honestly believe you are the best out there.! I think you play brawl on a level only a handful can do. So props on that.

I am going to Apex though so I will see you there regardless n.n

Oh and Delux do you have AIM or Skype or something? PM is such a slow way of communicating.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Lux, I can help with basic advertising for this event (whenever it'll be hosted), by creating logos and sigs and things like that.

If you're interested of course.
lol Yinkloe I'm always interested in your help

That goes for everyone. Try to get the word out to your regions so that I can get back to sponsors to nail down a date.

Oh and Delux do you have AIM or Skype or something? PM is such a slow way of communicating.
I have skype. Click the postbit under my name

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Are you talking to me? LOL

I'm doing this because I feel this may be an opportunity for brawl to be revived. I doubt it, but just sitting there doing nothing will never change anything. I actually miss how the community was back in 2009 when I first started playing. I hate seeing it go downhill day after day, and all the crazy unneeded drama. I know alot of people disrespect me as a person because of some of my views, but I care alot about everyone in this community. I just want to do something good for everyone honestly, and that is my way of giving back to the wonderful people I've met. The Metaknight ban, I know will hurt many players... But I think it would bring the community more together in a good way.
Though enough about that~

You are one person I'd like to meet before Smash dies out. I Respect you so much as a top player and I do honestly believe you are the best out there.! I think you play brawl on a level only a handful can do. So props on that.

I am going to Apex though so I will see you there regardless n.n

Oooo kay! Apex it is then, ;D and thanks, This be cool words

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
I'd be interested in attending, mainly to play some MK mains when they use someone other than MK.
I'm indifferent about the MK-ban in general, it doesn't really affect me or how I play.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I can and will come if MK is banned

I will also personally donate money to help this happen.

Hyper

Smash Apprentice
I would sooo come if I wasn't 16.

Also could you guys post the livestream in the OP for when the tourney is going?
It's hard to find it when people post in the thread about the livestream/matches

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Lux. Y u live so far away.

I'm interested, and would love to come to this,

it REALLY depends though, on my work situation at the time.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I would love to go to an mk banned national.

but kansas city in that time frame wouldnt be feasible for me.

NY state if you need to know.

DeLux

shut up linkz you're coming

5 on Zelda to win it all? Yes

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I'd really, really love to, but it's uncertain how much time I'd be able to take off for it during those months. Maybe I'd be able to make one day (fly down Friday night after work, fly back Sunday...) or take one day off and make the whole thing.

I'll definitely investigate coming and would really like to, but can't commit.

Terry

Smash Ace
MO here. I am definitely interested in coming to this. My crew will likely come with Melee being played.

I don't play much Brawl but only because its pretty dead around here. But I would like to see more interest in it so if you need any extra hands at the tourney, I'm willing to help. I can also donate some money to the prize pot as well. I'd love to see how this works out.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I'd never be able to come, but it's a good idea.

GNP

Smash Rookie
this tourney will be good for the smash community, too bad i live on the other side of the universe

zer0.

Smash Apprentice
A really big MK banned tournament would be nice.

Hope this works out and you guys put up a stream.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Drunk MegaRobMan speaks for sober MegaRobMan, but I completely forgot I posted in this thread.

But I have a problem with banning MK in singles, it's just going to make the game even gayer, most people are just going to pick up D3/Falco because they are easy and can **** most the cast with no real bad matchups anymore. Infinite's, pseudo infinite (ala pika on spacies) and 0-death spikes are more broken than MK. Good players will probably flock to Diddy and Wario, super nerdy technical players IC's, but D3 will become the overplayed Akuma character without MK.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

/Dedede main

DeLux

Right now we're at 30 people saying they would be interested in attending. Although I haven't checked my AiB post yet since I'm not very familiar with that site.

I want to get to 100 before I make a decision either way tbh

Please Please Please spread the word to your regions/charcterboards/social if you can. The only way this can happen is if I can talk my sponsor into it. To do that I need enough community hype. I need you guys for the community hype part.

Top Bottom