• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

Croija

Smash Rookie
In regards to names, rumor has it that nintendo have "Dusk Gold" and "Dawn Silver" trademarked. This is backed up by the release of the Dusk and Dawn stones in Gen IV and the fact that the dusk stone evolves two Gen II pokemon. Nintendo have yet to confirm anything.

It has been confirmed that they have "White Gold" and "Moon Stone" trademarked, I don't know if that's at all related.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In regards to names, rumor has it that nintendo have "Dusk Gold" and "Dawn Silver" trademarked. This is backed up by the release of the Dusk and Dawn stones in Gen IV and the fact that the dusk stone evolves two Gen II pokemon. Nintendo have yet to confirm anything.

It has been confirmed that they have "White Gold" and "Moon Stone" trademarked, I don't know if that's at all related.
THey technically have white gold trademarked but not moon stone.

Also, Dawn SIlver and Dusk gold have not been trademarked, as I have read.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Gold_and_Silver_remakes

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Actually...I would lol so hard if this ended up being a new Pokemon Snap game for the Wii. :laugh:

Now THAT'S a crazy speculation. A good idea though, imo. I'd love to have another Pokemon Snap...

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I can't wait for it to be announced!

..I'm getting me a red gyarados and a Typlosion!

I just read the news about it.

How much more obvious can they get with it by showing gold and silver pokeballs? There is going to be some retribution if they get our hopes up and reveal something else!
By the way, North America still has yet to recieve Majora's Mask on Virtual Console.

Crushing hope FTW!

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I think we can stop holding our breath now. The "hints" are so obvious that it's G/S time.

I sorta agree.

Gold and silver balls that will reveal the new games and jhoto starters(plus pichu) in the next movie make it seem fairly obvious.

Though you never know. Nintendo might do something like create "Pokemon Golden Fishing and Silver Catcher" (the first being a game where you catch pokemon through fishing and the 2nd being a bug catching game).

-:bowser:Bowser King

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They should reveal that SIlver is Giovanni's son in the remake...also, have him somewhere...in a cameo at least

Croija

Smash Rookie
D

Deleted member

OM Mother ****ing G. I've never played any of the 2nd gen Pokémon games! If this is actually G/S I'll be ecstatic. Knowing Nintendo, it'll be My Pokémon Ranch 2.

Mewter

Smash Master
OM Mother ****ing G. I've never played any of the 2nd gen Pokémon games! If this is actually G/S I'll be ecstatic. Knowing Nintendo, it'll be My Pokémon Ranch 2.
No, My Pokemon Ranch 10. That's what it will be.

Thundershock fan

Smash Cadet
Nope. Most likely GSDS. In the last last Pokemon Sunday, there was a Gold ball and a Silver ball. Plus in the background, there were blurred images of two games on isles. That means that it will be a two game release. For a handheld way more than likely.=/

EDIT: It was also announced that these two games were highly talked about games in a long time. What else? GS remakes.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Omg I just noticed the date. May 10th is when they put the rickroll up on youtube.

Pokemon Rickroll?
When it comes to guessing Nintendo announcements in advanced, I make a point of having no hope of it being interesting. This is because Ninty has this really annoying tendency of not giving the fans what they want (at least when they want it). They announced cell-shaded Zelda. It was awesome, but it wasn't what we were expecting, nor what we wanted at the time. They also announced Spirit Tracks. Awesome, but not what we actually were hoping for. They announced Wii Motion +, wait an eternity to announce a release date. SD card slot solution took nine months. Recently released wii video channel in Japan is a virtual living room with a T.V. that plays ads all day long.

No excitement, not until it comes out.

(And Darkslash - Not unless Rickrolling is also a Japanese thing. Remember, this isn't an announcement directed at America.)

urdailywater

Smash Hero
When it comes to guessing Nintendo announcements in advanced, I make a point of having no hope of it being interesting. This is because Ninty has this really annoying tendency of not giving the fans what they want (at least when they want it). They announced cell-shaded Zelda. It was awesome, but it wasn't what we were expecting, nor what we wanted at the time. They also announced Spirit Tracks. Awesome, but not what we actually were hoping for. They announced Wii Motion +, wait an eternity to announce a release date.
Opinionated statement is opinionated.

I honestly have my hopes up. Nintendo hasn't failed me too many times, but then again it's hard to when you get caught in MMO's for about 2 years. Even then, the gamecube generation/ds hasn't let me down. I don't expect it to this time either. It's easy to see this is a GS remake. Even if isn't, as long as it's Pokemon related and NOT a spin-off (unless it's a good spin-off though).

I really doubt they'd release 2 Wii Pokemon games for anyone getting there hopes up. And tbh I'm happy. I like on the go gaming, especially when it comes to pokemon. From my past experiences, handheld battling > 3d battling.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Opinionated statement is opinionated.

I honestly have my hopes up. Nintendo hasn't failed me too many times, but then again it's hard to when you get caught in MMO's for about 2 years. Even then, the gamecube generation/ds hasn't let me down. I don't expect it to this time either. It's easy to see this is a GS remake. Even if isn't, as long as it's Pokemon related and NOT a spin-off (unless it's a good spin-off though).

I really doubt they'd release 2 Wii Pokemon games for anyone getting there hopes up. And tbh I'm happy. I like on the go gaming, especially when it comes to pokemon. From my past experiences, handheld battling > 3d battling.
From my experience, your experience is correct only so far as the overworld and console battle system is concerned. Single 3-D battling > single 2D battling = double battling, but 2D grid-based overworld > 3D overworld.

I actually prefer double battling to single when it works. However, changes to a double team have always seemed difficult, and you have to know what you want in a double battle team before you make it. Otherwise, I find myself hitting myself with earthquake, having the sun shine while being forced to switch in a water type, etc.

Incidently, I know my opinion is opinionated. I find that Ninty is a very annoying company in many ways though. (least online support, no pokemon MMO in near or distant future, no Majora's Mask stateside in spite of it being on all the other virtual consoles, 6 month delay from Japan to U.S. on all pokemon titles, none of their spectacular first party franchises for over a yea (on the wii), Pokemon Battle Revolution not having a story mode in contrast to the previous two console titles, etc.)

~Zack~

Smash Journeyman
Nope. Most likely GSDS. In the last last Pokemon Sunday, there was a Gold ball and a Silver ball. Plus in the background, there were blurred images of two games on isles. That means that it will be a two game release. For a handheld way more than likely.=/

EDIT: It was also announced that these two games were highly talked about games in a long time. What else? GS remakes.
Yes, there were TWO blurred images. I really want it to be a GS remake, those were the best pokemon games [besides crystal] imo.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Oh please don't put it on DSI unless you make it for the DS too and please don't make it retated like with LG/FR not saying they aren't good games but they aren't as fun as pokemon yellow

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
O...M...F...G...

I've been waiting so long...So long for this.
This quote pretty much sums up everyone's feelings.

Also, I see no reason how/why Nintendo would make it a DSi exclusive game. First off, Pokemon is the biggest cash cow in the cash cow farm. Second, what could they possibly put in it that must utilize DSi features?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
This quote pretty much sums up everyone's feelings.

Also, I see no reason how/why Nintendo would make it a DSi exclusive game. First off, Pokemon is the biggest cash cow in the cash cow farm. Second, what could they possibly put in it that must utilize DSi features?
It might just turn out that they'll add some DSi exclusive stuff (even that seems highly unlikely) but definitely not anything past that.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Heart and Soul.

Just thought I'd point that out. =P

But, this is epic and awesome. "Heart Gold" sounds like a Hallmark card, but "Soul Silver" is pretty **** epic. And regardless, it's still awesome.

Since I never got Silver (I WILL get it eventually, though) I'm aiming for Soul Silver first. Plus the title is cooler.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I........

AHHHHH! This is the best Pokemon news I've heard in a long time. :bee:

Love the names, can't wait to see what we're getting!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Not a big fan of the names, but GSC remakes will be awesome. Yay!

Spire

III
BRoomer
I just got back from seeing Star Trek, and I thought this day could not get any better.

Why buy HeartGold when you can buy SoulSilver?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I really hope those aren't the american localized names.

Everyone would buy SoulSilver, and the HeartGold exclusive pokemon would be exceedingly difficult to find.

But yes, this is the Pokemon remake I'm going to get for a reason other than nothing else is coming out.

Mewter

Smash Master
I really hope those aren't the american localized names.

Everyone would buy SoulSilver, and the HeartGold exclusive pokemon would be exceedingly difficult to find.

But yes, this is the Pokemon remake I'm going to get for a reason other than nothing else is coming out.
You mean for the soul reason that nothing else is coming out, and you havn'e the heart to get anything else?
This is totally awesome! Too bad the American version won't come out until '10.
Why reveal it so early on!

Spire

III
BRoomer
You mean for the soul reason that nothing else is coming out, and you havn'e the heart to get anything else?
This is totally awesome! Too bad the American version won't come out until '10.
Why reveal it so early on!
Well, the Japanese always get it first, so this is being revealed for them. However, with the incredibly convenient, and incredibly spoiling device known as the infranet, we Americans, and the rest of the world get to tease ourselves with a couple of games that we won't get for a year.

Darkslash

Smash Master
The way I see it that this is fake and we---*reads kotaku article*

YESH

Now for every one touting that its going to be DSi exclusive, its most likely not. Maybe DSi exclusive features like in game music player and PERHAPS *gasp* DLC content accessible through the DSi shop. Also a DSi feature where you can change pokemon between Platinum and HG/SS with the DSi's internal memory, or even more wishful thinking character and team swaps. I mean they do happen around the same time right?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I think I might have to pre-order this from Japan, this is too amazing.

And did I read it wrong or are there going to be new types? I don't quite get what it means by saying 'new elements'. Is it talking about the title of the game, or something else?

M.K

Level 55
I think I might have to pre-order this from Japan, this is too amazing.

And did I read it wrong or are there going to be new types? I don't quite get what it means by saying 'new elements'. Is it talking about the title of the game, or something else?
I think they mean gameplay elements, like breeding, trading, et cetera.

Top Bottom