• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Make sure to get that to a high-leveled Ampharos.

It'll be invaluable against Lance.

Mewter

Smash Master
The Pokeathlon is beautiful stuff. I still placed fourth in it, though. :laugh:

Also, well-balanced team =/= fun. Does anyone else think the trainers have critical hit triphax this time around?

Gotta Cerulean beat the gym now. Fun it will be.

@Terywj: Good luck!
@Ultimario: Ho-Oh's also useful.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
No, I was really asking if I can get a Weavile. I traded a Sneasel over from Pearl. I can take a pic if you want me to.
Oh, in that case I'm not sure. I know you couldn't evolve things in older gens until you had the right Pokedex (my Golbat in LG never evolved into a Crobat :/), so I don't think even trading in the necessary item will allow you to evolve it.

But Weavile sucks. :mad:

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Wasted luck and effort.
I got a shiny Stantler at the beginning of the game.
I traded a CRAPLOAD of EV deleting berries.
Used them ALL till Stantler had zero EVs in all stats.
Found my SID.
And have NO idea how to get shinies with it.

Tacel

Smash Lord
My team so far:
Nidoran M - Level 6
Kaepora (Hoothoot) - Level 10
Furray (Sentret) - Level 10
Gale (Pidgey) - Level 10
Bzrt (Beedrill) - Level 10
Fiyah (Cyndaquil) - Level 11

Is it about time that I leave Cherrygrove City?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
There are people that have already beaten the game you know, Kanto included.

lol

supermarth64

Smash Ace
Ok so I'm going to the 4th gym and my team looks like this:

Quilava, Rattata, Gastly, Spearow, Geodude (all level 19), Furret (HM slave, level 16), Kangaskhan in Pokewalker (level 14 or 15).

I found 2 Staryus on my Pokewalker. One Quiet Illuminate, one Impish Natural Cure. Which one should I use in-game or should I use Chinchou instead?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
They both can Boltbeam and Surf so it doesn't matter in the end.

Kole

Smash Lord
Loving it. :)

My team right now:

Feraligatr Lv. 30
Flaaffy Lv. 29
Haunter Lv. 28
Growlithe Lv. 28
Gloom Lv. 27

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm a little disappointed, I only got 9098 steps working 9-5 today.

(At least it's over 9000.)

Headed on to Mahogany Gym. Jasmine was hard the first time I faced her, then I levelled Croconaw and evolved him, used him against Steelix (as opposed to my own Steelix) and won in 3 hits.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
just battled through the lighthouse and team looks like this thus far:

pidgeotto 26
kadabra 26
vulpix 26
eevee 27
croconaw 28

probably going to have my eevee evolve into an umbreon

D

Deleted member

Finally beat Lance last night. He was surprisingly tough.

Thankfully, Choice Scarf (thank you mom!) Vaporeon outspeeds his Dragonites, so i can Ice Beam them. Ampharos took care of his remaining Pokes. (though, it took me 3 tries as Ice Beam never did OHKO those Drags).

After i get some more training done, i'll be heading to Kanto. Current team is:
Typhlosion (Level 47)
Vaporeon (Level 43)
Ampharos (Level 44)
Heracross (Level 42)
Pidgeot (Level 42)
Vileplume (Level 41) Probably going to replace with something else...

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
use Chinchou instead
Rep the Chou. :(

How necessary is Waterfall? Because if not very then I'll be using Starmie > Poliwrath.

-Terywj
Waterfawl is lawl. You use it to get in Kanto, and then random dungeons like Mt. Silver and that's it. Only use it permanently on your team if you REALLY don't want to SLIGHTLY cripple your team on the way to Indigo Plateau (since you need to make room for an HM slave).

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
The award for easiest evolved happyness pokemon goes to...golbat to crobat! Jesus I counted, evolved him to crobat 15 mins.

Caught Golbat in a friend ball, gave him a soothe bell, a older brother haircut, challenged a gym leader and it evolved the next level. Lol

My team thus far is:

Slickback the feraligator lv 35
Pwnsir the Pinsir level 26
Natzi? the Electrode lv 27
Kenya the Fearow (stole from the guy at goldenrod lol) lv 30 (Going to replace with something)
Nomnom the Crobat lv 24
Firefox the vulpix lv 26
And the 3rd slot idk yet, keeps changing. Want a grass type...or skarmory :)

At the 6th gym leader now since I did the 7th and forgot about the 6th

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
I'm grinding before taking on the E4.
My current team-
Pyre- Typhlosion, male- Level 41
Techno- Ampharos, female- Level 41
Sento- Nidoking, female- Level 43
Mirenia- Lugia- Level 45
Citadel- Furrett, female- Level 41
Sentaku- Espeon, male- Level 41

I'm obviously kidding about what you guys are gonna point out. Or am I?

UberMario

Smash Master
I think I read somewhere before that they were being criticized for the use of gambling within the game as a method to acquire items. Giving kids bad ideas or some bull**** like that. That's quite possibly the stupidest criticism I've ever heard about Pokemon; even worse than Christians thinking it promoted Satanism.

For the record, I'm just a firm believer in people keeping their religions to themselves. I don't have anything against Christianity.
Well there were a few official Japanese cards made by Game Freak that had a symbol that is occasionally used to represent the devil. The company says they supposedly were not going to bring them over to the USA anyway. Why they would go out of their way to place the symbol in their cards? I have no clue. That and the whole "evolution" thing, (which is in reality more like metamorphosis) are what caused several religious groups to have a fit over the series.

As far as the slots, gambling is considered taboo in Europe, and it was removed from Pokemon Platinum for the PAL version. They didn't want Europe to feel left out with Heart Gold and Soul Silver removing the slots, so they decided to make it even by removing them from the American games and replacing them with what we now have, since several people would probably import the American version just because of that change.

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
just beat morty
My team so far is Heracross (26), Quilava (26), and Ampharos (30)
any suggestions for water/flying/grass types?
i don't want pidgeot and i'm considering starmie
also where do i get evee i want an Espeon:bee:

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
but pidgeot is awesome and can roost 3:

and you get eevee from bill in goldenrod, he starts at level 5 this game though i vaguely remember him being like level 20 in the old gen of gold/silver

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
O.o man, you really get made fun of for pokemon, Roach? Maybe it's because the middle grades everyone is so..weird..those years suck, to be honest.
I'm a senior in high school and a lot of people wear the pokewalker, and play the game at school. I do both >.>.

UberMario

Smash Master
At my college two guys in their twenties were playing Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver against each other. lol

A_man13

Smash Master
I saw someone with a DS and a screen that vaguely looked like a battle screen at my high school. Eh, who knows? He might have been playing brain age like all of those young whipper snappers at that age...

Octave

Smash Ace
Octave, what moveset does your Nidoking have? I have a Nidorino, and I'm waiting for Poison Jab at Level 43 before evolving so that it can have SOME good move. What does yours have?
It's got Thrash, Double Kick, Peck, and Poison Jab, which I traded over with the Sneasel.

I'm hoping just by spamming vitamins and stuff, 'cause I wanna get a Crobat later in the game or earlier if necessary. Where does one get a Soothe Bell?

-Terywj
The soothe bell is in the National Park, just north of Goldenrod. It's in the top right corner.

Top Bottom