• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

Tacel

Smash Lord
Am I the only one that hasn't gotten to the first Gym Leader yet???
I have to play RIGHT NOW

TheLightningViper

Smash Rookie
I can't wait when I get it because it's a remake of Silver and Gold, one of the best Pokemon games of all time IMO. And it has better graphics (Wow...). But who cares about graphics?... Oh wait.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I just realized Rock Climb is actually decent <,< Replacing my Gatr for Kingdra and found out Golem could make use of it..nice too because up till now charizard was my only special attacker =[

Mewter

Smash Master
Nice! I'm currently trying to SR for a shiny Ho Oh.
Does anyone know of a way to find the Secret ID in Heart Gold?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I just beat the elite four. Lance seemed tougher this time around but Ice shard Pilowsine and Ice fang Gatr saved the day. The ending is cute but I liked DPPts ending more in some ways. I can't wait to see what Kanto looks like and what it has in store for me!

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Uugh I can't believe I spend 2 hours today playing Voltorb Flip... I can never get past level 7 because of my terrible luck.
I'm in the same boat as you are, and I ****ing hate it. I always get stuck at level 7 and then eventually pull a Voltorb first flip and get sent all the way back to level 1. It's the reason why I don't play Voltorb Flip a lot now.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Its so Ironic that in JP HGSS that slot machines were legitimately fun, addicting, and easy to make money on.

I'm probably going to get whatever Pokemon I want in my JP HG and just trade it over.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Oh no, Voltorb Flip is fun and rather easy to make money on as well. It's just frustrating when you're so high up in level and get knocked all the way back down due to bad luck.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm saying like you could turn 50 coins into like 500-1000 coins in one go because how addicting, fun, and easy to make money with through the bonus game, and not get bored or frustrated doing so.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Lance must be hard =o. Breeding a kingdra to replace Gatr and man it's so much easier to get ivs on this game <.<... best thing they gamefreak could do

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Does anybody know why on teh map there is an exclamation mark surrounded by a bit of red right next to the name Route 36? Been meaning to ask why.

Anyways what is the trick to get so **** far in Voltorb Flip? I can't get past lvl 2

And anyways my first match against Lance:

Lost to his Charizard, just him and Lugia were left. I had no more revives or full restores and I was about to use Hydro Pump to finish it off when it used rock slide on me :mad: How isn't Lugia faster than Charizard :mad: and the worst thing of all is that it was on red health :cry:

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody know why on teh map there is an exclamation mark surrounded by a bit of red right next to the name Route 36? Been meaning to ask why.
If I remember right it means someone on your phone registry from that route wants to rematch you.

Ugh, I agree about hating kids flaming Pokemon. I'll stop going after Twilight, the abomination of literature, when we get a break about liking a great strategy game.
What happened to the days where having a Charizard made you the cool kid? ;-; -Was about four with a level 70 Pika in Yellow during those days, so only got to experience the Pokemon craze of the 90s with a few six year-old guy friends-

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man I remember my battle against whitney. I beat the first Pokemon using my Raticate's Rock Smash and then tried Miltank. Like the name suggests, THAT THING IS A TANK! I swear I lost all my pokemon, used revive on Quilava and I started Smokescreen spamming. Once it lost all its accuracy I started using ember and quick attack on it like crazy. The bad thing is that it used attract on me so it was A LONG battle. Once I got it in red, it kept using milk drink :mad: the good thing is that I also had it paralyzed by Flaffy's static ability. So after I lost all the PP for Quick Attack and Ember, I used an ether on Ember and kept destroying it little by little. The good thing is that it lost all the PP for milk drink and another attack (I forget its moves right now :p) and couldn't use attract since I was already attracted, so it started using roll out which has crappy accuracy to begin with so it had only landed one hit on me and kept missing the rest. Then after 1 hyper potion it used, I just finished off and that was that

EDIT: ninja'd yes you are right

Hell it was even popular up till 5th grade with more than half the kids having Emerald, Ruby, and Sapphire. Man there was even this kid who was SELLING GameShark codes and I tell you he made a living off of that. I even bought GS codes, 99 items of each and infinate Master Balls. MAN, then 6th grade came and now suddenly it became a little kids game or it became a little ***gy game. I swear I hate it when people mess on you because you have a DS with Pokemon SS inserted. I swear it's like I can't even tell anyone any more. The great thing that came from my friends finding out I like Pokemon was that now I'm in a group with about 7 other kids who people also think are ******s that trade and battle everyday in lunch. The bad thing is that it's full of mostly 7th graders and a 6th grader with me being the only 8th grader in there... well it's not exactly bad, but its just kinda awkward that I'm the oldest guy there XD. Anyways people think worse of me for that, but I really don't give two craps what people think of me anymore so its all good XD

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I don't understand how you had trouble with Lance. I had a level 55 Feraligatr that literally OHKO'd everything except Gyrados because my Choice Specs Ampharos Discharge'd him.

I had a lot more trouble with Karen. Double Team + Confuse Ray Umbreon coupled with my luck made :mad: a very :mad: :mad:. I beat the Elite Four on my first try with an unevolved Growlithe and a +Attack natured Ampharos. It's not that difficult roach, just stock up on your revives.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I did stock up on my revives but it doesn't help that none of your pokemon knows a good attack to defeat that **** Umbreon and that Lance has about 3 dragonites :mad:. I swear I lost all my revives on these two people. Before them, the rest were a cakewalk. I even had to give up faint attack to teach my Sneasel Focus Punch and had to equip a Choice Scarf to make sure it got the first hit to not lose its focus

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
So I got bored of resetting.

So I'm going to RNG it.

So I have two ARs, one broken, one working.

I get IV and Secret ID Checkers so I can RNG...

I get my AR and.... its the broken one.

So back to resetting!

Edit: Roacherman..... Focus Punch goes last like most the time. Choice Scarf won't help you at all....

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You said before you had a Flaafy, correct? You didn't train it long enough to evolve and learn Signal Beam? Why the hell not? And if you started with a Totodile you really have no excuse because you can just Avalanche his dragons to death and Waterfall Aero + 'Zard.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yeah... I replaced it for Raikou once I got it...

Anyways right now I'm working on training Starmie for thunderbolt and ice beam

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Classic. :mad: Find a legendary, REPLACE IT WITH A VALUABLE MEMBER OF AN OTHERWISE GOOD TEAM. <c

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Could've stuck with Choice Specs Ampharos + Avalance Feraligatr and beat the gym with ease like I did.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Can you give nicknames to pokémon that you get on your PokéWalker?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Grrr I'm so jealous of all of you.

I wish I could defeat Lance to get to freaking Kanto already. That was one of my main attractions to this game and I can't even get there :mad:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
How about.....

You should've kept the Ampharos.

BTW w/o Ampharos I would've never beaten Lance. It was the MVP against him.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm at Surge right now, too. Let me know how your battle goes, I expect no troubles.

UltiMario is an extremely cool guy.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Surge is cool because fighting him is like the first thing you do in Kanto and it intoduces you to the Kanto Gym Leader music and you're instantly in love with Kanto because of it.

Top Bottom