• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Hey guys I just recently hatched my Togepi (got a Rash nature wahoo!) and I decided I want a Togekiss on my team. What is the best way to get it to like me and evolve it fairly early in the game (preferably before the 3rd gym)? I just beat the first gym to give you guys an idea of how early in the game I am.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

So far my team is looking like this-
Typhlosion
Golem
Ampharos
Slowbro
Togekiss
idk yet (I'm thinking Heracross)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Yes make it Heracross.

I cannot describe to you in words how much Heracross is useful.

Also If you're going to use Golem you should forget about it and just use something Manly like Sudowoodo or Dunsparce. They're just as useful and 4000000X Manlier.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Yes make it Heracross.

I cannot describe to you in words how much Heracross is useful.

Also If you're going to use Golem you should forget about it and just use something Manly like Sudowoodo or Dunsparce. They're just as useful and 4000000X Manlier.
Yeah I'm liking the idea of Heracross a lot now.

But Sudowoodo? Sorry about my inability to detect sarcasm but that was for the lolz right? :dizzy:

supermarth64

Smash Ace
I had to lock Miltank into Rollout, go to Gastly and use Curse, then stall with Geodude to beat Miltank (Stomp KOes Gastly).

Also, Furret learns Headbutt and it's not too hard to evolve.

Tacel

Smash Lord
I'm talking to my friend on the phone and he just ran into a wild Raikou while surfing. Is that normal?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Yeah I'm liking the idea of Heracross a lot now.

But Sudowoodo? Sorry about my inability to detect sarcasm but that was for the lolz right? :dizzy:
Hell no. Because I know that at least Dunsparce is infinitely more manly than Golem.

And infinitely more useful in this game as well. Paraflinch ***** everything. EVERYTHING I TELL YOU.

...except Morty, because he's gay and doesn't get hit by Headbutt.

EDIT: For Miltank, I paralyzed it, smacked it with Headbutt a couple times, and then went Dratini and Dragon Raged it twice. GG.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
with togetic/togekiss

you can paraflinch everything

extraseonsory flinches, when you get togekiss, you can teach it air slash which has a better flinch rate than extrasensory

Octave

Smash Ace
Hell it was even popular up till 5th grade with more than half the kids having Emerald, Ruby, and Sapphire. Man there was even this kid who was SELLING GameShark codes and I tell you he made a living off of that. I even bought GS codes, 99 items of each and infinate Master Balls. MAN, then 6th grade came and now suddenly it became a little kids game or it became a little ***gy game. I swear I hate it when people mess on you because you have a DS with Pokemon SS inserted. I swear it's like I can't even tell anyone any more. The great thing that came from my friends finding out I like Pokemon was that now I'm in a group with about 7 other kids who people also think are ******s that trade and battle everyday in lunch. The bad thing is that it's full of mostly 7th graders and a 6th grader with me being the only 8th grader in there... well it's not exactly bad, but its just kinda awkward that I'm the oldest guy there XD. Anyways people think worse of me for that, but I really don't give two craps what people think of me anymore so its all good XD
Did this post make anyone else feel really old? ;--;

I played all morning, taking a break for a bit. Got to Mahogany Town, passed my brother. I think I'm only going to use four pokemon. Noctowl really sucks, I was using it because it was shiny, and Furret is just an HMWhore. Meganium, Ampharos, Sneasel, and Nidoking is a pretty weak team, though. Can I get a Weavile before I get the National Dex?

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I just beat the elite four. Lance seemed tougher this time around but Ice shard Pilowsine and Ice fang Gatr saved the day. The ending is cute but I liked DPPts ending more in some ways. I can't wait to see what Kanto looks like and what it has in store for me!
SB, where did you get lanturn?

What does the rest of your team look like? <.<

I'm talking to my friend on the phone and he just ran into a wild Raikou while surfing. Is that normal?

I'd say so.

edit: ninjur'd

Can I get a Sneasel before I get the National Dex?
Fix'd, and no; you can't catch Sneasels until you beat all 16 gyms and gain access to Mt. Silver, otherwise I totally would have used him in place of Swinub. T_T But I'm still happy that I chose Swinub, since he's been a very valuable member of my team.

Also, I beat Miltank using Heracross' Leer, Rock Smash, and two potions. Yeah.

---

Currently SRing for a shiny Kanto starter.

Blackizard must be mine.

Oh, and I guess I better go to Cerulean Cave so I can finally evolve my Misdreavus. <.>

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man you see what I mean? Everybody has a shiny except me.

Charmander has a shiny Stantler
Octave has a shiny Noctowl (which is one of my favorite shiny forms)
My friend has a shiny Sudowoodo
Somebody I know has a shiny Ditto

Its really starting to piss me off that I don't have a shiny yet :mad: It isn't helping that I still am not in Kanto

But when I train my Starmie, Lance will beg for mercy :evil:

I wonder what starter I'm getting at Kanto... hmmm its between Squirtle and not evolving it or getting a Charmander and evolving it to Charizard... I'll most likely SR a lot to get the shiny I want

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Don't feel bad, Roach. Other than Gyara, I lack a shiny. I've only found one once besides Gyarados, and that was a shiny Cleffa on my Diamond ages ago.

Pokemon was sort've popular in my schools up to middle. I just miss its real heyday. ;-;

Octave

Smash Ace
Fix'd, and no; you can't catch Sneasels until you beat all 16 gyms and gain access to Mt. Silver, otherwise I totally would have used him in place of Swinub. T_T But I'm still happy that I chose Swinub, since he's been a very valuable member of my team.
No, I was really asking if I can get a Weavile. I traded a Sneasel over from Pearl. I can take a pic if you want me to.

M.K

Level 55
Just got through Ice Path, I love everything besides the part where you have to push the boulders. That part is just annoying and tedious.
Caught a Female Pedophilic Geisha. Was trying to catch the Ghonnerhea spreading Ice Swallow of the Holidays, but I decided not to.
My team as of pre-Clair:
Feraligatr - Level 37
Vulpix - Level 38
Dodrio - Level 37
Diggladoo (Dugtrio) - Level 37
Nidorino - Level 37
Bouncy the Entangler (Tangela, lol) - Level 25

Tangela was a ***** to catch.

Tacel

Smash Lord
My team so far:
Kaepora (Hoothoot) Level 5
Furray (Sentret) Level 10
Gale (Pidgey) Level 10
Bzrt (Beedrill) Level 10
Fiyah (Cyndaquil) Level 11
Once I get my Hoothoot to level 10 I'll leave Cherrygrove :D

Tacel

Smash Lord
I put my Nidoran in my PokéWalker.
I think that I'm just going to jog in place while I play SS :grin:.

Octave

Smash Ace
Guess I'll post my team as well.

Nidoking - Level 30
Bayleef - Level 30
Ampharos - Level 31
Sneasel - Level 32
Hooters (Noctowl) - Level 26
Furret - Level 15

M.K

Level 55
Octave, what moveset does your Nidoking have? I have a Nidorino, and I'm waiting for Poison Jab at Level 43 before evolving so that it can have SOME good move. What does yours have?

Moozle

Smash Champion
About to enter the Ice Cave :)

Feraligatr - Level 36
Ampharos - Level 37
Noctowl - Level 36
Jumpluff - Level 37
Octillery - Level 30 (going to train it before I get to Claire).

I still don't know what to do for my last spot :mad:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Team:

Sadface- Level Not Shiny

I wish I could find my AR so I could get my secret ID and get IVs so I could RNG lol

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'm hoping just by spamming vitamins and stuff, 'cause I wanna get a Crobat later in the game or earlier if necessary. Where does one get a Soothe Bell?

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Run around with it a lot and make it not faint. Level it up a lot. It'll evolve by level 20.

Tacel

Smash Lord
So nobody knows the best method to evolve a Togepi early in the game?

I want teh happy togepiz
Pokéwalker.
Go on several walks and after each one return the Togepi to your DS game.
Each time it should level up once. This also makes Togepi happier with you.
You'll also get some exercise.

I just went out to pass a baseball in a large field with my father so that I could practice catches in the outfield.
After all of that, I now have 3,082 steps.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Its because Net Balls are like x2 and Dusk Balls are x4

lol
Yeah, I just looked at Seribii, this time I have my lv 100 jirachi and nest balls, so hopefully it will be a bit easier. NVM they didn't work how I thought they did, net balls it is.

Pokeathalon is amazing, I just wish they had that and contests like in RSE, I didn't like the dancing and dress-up of DPPT.

Wrath`

Smash Master
This is the second legendary today I have caught while not paying attention, both Lugia and suciune were caught as i hit last item used and proceeded to type a post.

Articuno is next.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Run around with it a lot and make it not faint. Level it up a lot. It'll evolve by level 20.
Pokéwalker.
Go on several walks and after each one return the Togepi to your DS game.
Each time it should level up once. This also makes Togepi happier with you.
You'll also get some exercise.

I just went out to pass a baseball in a large field with my father so that I could practice catches in the outfield.
After all of that, I now have 3,082 steps.
Thank you both. I forgot about the Pokewalker. Another method to make my Pokemon happier. I have gratitude.

Top Bottom