• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Did anyone else think it was the coolest thing ever to
get to wear the Team Rocket uniform for a little while?

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Did anyone else think it was the coolest thing ever to
get to wear the Team Rocket uniform for a little while?
I was really hoping I'd be able to
wear it as an alternate costume for the rest of the game. :( They should really allow you to change your clothes at will in one of these games...

---

Right now I'm in Viridian Forest, and the music here is really nice. :) Check it out on Youtube if you don't mind spoiling yourself.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I got pokemon ready for this game...and getting a good lugia is killing me... it's killing me <_>

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I got a good Jolly Gyarados in 10 minutes... shiny one from the lake..
Decent extreme speed Dratini took four hours

This... I don't know man.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I am just trying to get a amazing Impish Red Gyarados

takes forever -___-
Impish? What are you trying to get a Gyarados that can survive a thunderpunch or something? Lol =D

I got a good Jolly Gyarados in 10 minutes... shiny one from the lake..
Decent extreme speed Dratini took four hours

This... I don't know man.
Me too. I got my Jolly one on my 3rd soft reset. It also likes to fight which put a BIG grin on my face. I am not touching it till I can EV train it.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah.. my Gyarados was jolly alert to sounds.. only like 16 Attack IV but 25+ Hp/def and 29Sdef with 31 speed. I couldn't say no to that beast.... even if it's attack is meh, Dragon Dance will make up for it. Besides, I'm more for speed than Attack, XD

0/20 Lugia's now... 10 of the Timid ones had bad Ivs... the other 10 were mentally challenged and were Adamant or Lax >_>

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I just want 31 Speed lugia 20+ everything else. =/

Also, can Nidoking learn Whirlpool and Rock climb... I want to do one for my second UU team..though he'll be a temp hm *****...because my current Feraligatr is a mere breeder for the better one later on.
@Charizard45
Golem(shiny)43
Gyarados(45)
Jirachi(43)

Tropius is hmwhore one... Gatr is #2 but since he is completly useless outside of breeding I may get me a good Nidoking who is a semi-***** for the Elite4 and onward >.>

Samochan

Smash Master
Imo, a good trick to get good natured pokes in the beginning is to buy an abra with synchro off the goldenrod game corner. 200 coins is not overly costly either. Beats trying to pokeball random abras on the wild lol. Then when you get the right nature with synchro, you can go get good eevee, hera, magikarp, shiny gyara.. Heracross you can get from right side of ecruteak city. Unless ofc you opt for machamp.

I also noticed on platinum, that synchro also works if the pokemon first in your party has fainted. That way, you can synchro but you don't need to run away futilely or switch.

Butterfree is a good sleeper lol, compoundeyes whooot!

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah my girlfriend got Espeons for almost every nature (woot woot >.>) and dittos as well. <3 that. I'm considering either breeding a nidoking or the Feraligatr to be on my uu team. I have 3 gen1's and 1 gen3 on my team, so Gatr would be nice, but I love nidoking. If HMs didn't exist I could have both, *pouts* The fact to breed a Nidoking it has to be:
A) Male
B) Poison Point
C) Then Nature
Before I can check it's IVs isn't too good either.. man that's going to suck...

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I just stepped foot into Kanto. Man, you guys are doing the breeding and SR'ing the hard way. I already got a bold 31/X/31/31/31/31 Lugia. I wasn't going to use any legendaries on my team but I was curious to see what his sprite looked like. After switching him to the lead position I felt like I was 12 again. He's huge! :D

Mewter

Smash Master
Chill, that's awesome!
This is possibly the most immature I've felt in a long time.

Anyways, I just SR'd for my Gyarados about 12 times, and I FINALLY got an adamant one. 23/23/31/3/3/27 IV's. : )

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
hahahahha jynx with the mamimi lips! nice name
Haha yeah, I thought it was pretty fitting. Glad someone liked it. :) I also thought Canti was fitting for Dunsparce, considering wings and Serene Grace and basically being a god to use in this game (not joking, he ***** soooo bad). But I guess that's just me.

i couldnt even get passed lv2 on voltorb flip but since kupos tip im on lv7 with no signs of stopping
Glad I could help! :3

I was really hoping I'd be able to
wear it as an alternate costume for the rest of the game. :( They should really allow you to change your clothes at will in one of these games...
I whole-heartedly agree. I thought that when I had to change into the Pokeathlon outfit at first, and then I thought it again when I got to dress up as Team Rocket. I don't see why they haven't added clothing customization yet. D:

Oh wait, that's possibly an introduction with 5th gen. I think I just hyped myself. ._.

And you guys all suck with your SR'ing and such. I didn't bother SR'ing anything because I didn't want to ruin my fun-time going through the game, and now because of that I have a whole bunch of stuff with either ****ty natures and decent IVs or good natures and completely ****ty IVs. Oh well.

EDIT: Exception maybe being my Dunsparce and Dragonair. But I never checked them before starting, so I can't exactly say what their IVs are.

Although I can tell you about the one time I DID SR in a game for something. It was for an Eevee in Platinum. And I eventually got one with a Sassy nature and IVs of 31/27/27/27/27/0. Not even joking. It was basically perfect for a Curse Umbreon (well, as perfect as I expected to get at least). Problem was of course, the Eevee had to be bred for Curse and Wish, and it was Male. And both Ditto and Smeargle were only accessible post-National Dex and I had no one who could trade me either of them. Talk about bad luck. That's the last time I bothered SR'ing for something specific, because that's what always happens to me. I could SR for a shiny Ho-Oh, and on my last strike to push it in the red, I would crit. Because that's what ALWAYS happens.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Imo, a good trick to get good natured pokes in the beginning is to buy an abra with synchro off the goldenrod game corner. 200 coins is not overly costly either. Beats trying to pokeball random abras on the wild lol. Then when you get the right nature with synchro, you can go get good eevee, hera, magikarp, shiny gyara.. Heracross you can get from right side of ecruteak city. Unless ofc you opt for machamp.

I also noticed on platinum, that synchro also works if the pokemon first in your party has fainted. That way, you can synchro but you don't need to run away futilely or switch.

Butterfree is a good sleeper lol, compoundeyes whooot!
I have like 40 abras in my platinum game with synchro lol

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Ahhh, I'm loving this. :) Just beat all 16 gym leaders and reaping my reward from the GF guy in Celadon. GF is too awesome.

Make sure you guys do this too when you beat all the leaders, but if you want to keep it a surprise, DO NOT go onto the 3rd floor of the Gamefreak building in Celadon (the big one next to the Pokecenter), because you'll trigger a cut scene with Lyra that will basically spoil it for you (I accidentally spoiled myself when I was googling for places to find Misdreavus, so I knew before I even entered Kanto >.<).

All I can say is this:
nostalgiaaaaaaaaaa.

EDIT: v Really? D: I feel out of the loop now lol. Still, if anyone didn't, see above. ^

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Lets see.
I took down Gyara with Ampharos.....
Aero wasn't a problem at all... frail thing....
Quagsire and Ampharos hurt Charizard badly.
And then after that I slowly and painfully widdled down the rest while using potions and revives constantly while guessing which Dragonite was which.

I just happened to have a team that worked out.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
If you have access to something that can BoltBeam (like Starmie), use that Pokemon. Seriously, his entire team falls to that combo.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I do that too, except Gyarados gets handled with Raikou (yes I have one), Dragonites get widdled away by Lugia... while using extensive revives, and well... I was so close to defeating Lance's last pokemon when I ran out of revives and lost to his Charizard effectively ending the battle

And I even had a Hydro Pump ready, but Charizard beat to me first

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
If you have access to something that can BoltBeam (like Starmie), use that Pokemon. Seriously, his entire team falls to that combo.
That's actually what I'm trying to do right now. I caught Staryu and the guy you fight before you get to Mahogany town by the water gave me a Water Stone so I evolved Staryu into Starmie

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
On a random note,
I'm dissapointed Red doesn't have his own music. I was he had like a remix of the RBY champion theme or something as music. I would've been much more fitting. Maybe something like This. Oh BTW anyone that has all 16 badges, you might as well go to Red. He is actually rather pathetic, hes far less of a challenge than he should.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I love how they make your partner pokemon nudge at you and all. Nice touch

Although I think my raikou might be having violent mood swings. I talk to him, he nudges me. Right after he makes a mad face at me and roars at me, then he shows a great big heart... wtf?

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Oh BTW anyone that has all 16 badges, you might as well go to Red. He is actually rather pathetic, hes far less of a challenge than he should.
Lies and slander. :( His Venusaur outsped and swept my entire team with very little effort. I only managed to take down his Pikachu because of Volt Tackle recoil + Confuse Ray hax.

Though then again, I'm using a team of level 50 Pokemon (one NFE, though not a choice on my part), so I probably need some more training LOL.

Mamoswine's cry is weird. o_O

Top Bottom