• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

M.K

Level 55
Just beat Jasmine! Dumb ***** needs to lay off the meth, because I'm pretty sure she's just brain-dead from shooting up so much that she accidentally infected her Amphy with AIDS after a hot night on the town.

ANYWAYS! Completed the Safari User Test....thing >_> Catch a Geodude. Who wants to be a Pokemon Master with a living rock! *raises hand*

My team thus farrrr:
Feraligatr - Level 34
Nidorino - Level 32
Dodrio - Level 32
Vulpix - Level 30
Diggaladoo <--not real name, but what I say in my head when talking about --> Dugtrio - Level 30

Chill

Red
BRoomer
This game made me realize three things...
- ExtremeSpeed Dragonite sounds cool
- Kingler needs to be better >_>
- Giratina's orb should be tradable..

I picked Giratina with the Arceus event just because of that.. not that I care, he is the coolest <_>

Oh yeah, did anyone do the trade quests? I did just to do it, and man a nickname threw me off.
Onix/Rocky okay, Machop/Muscle, okay, Voltorb...Billy.. >_>
It was supposed to be bally but Nintendo thought that might be innapropriate.

M.K

Level 55
BTDUBS!!!!

Did anyone catch the Double Battle Lover Couple on Route 47 with an interesting pair of Pokemon?

The guy had Onix.
The girl had Cloyster.

....think. What do those two Pokemon look like? >=3

Tacel

Smash Lord
BTDUBS!!!!

Did anyone catch the Double Battle Lover Couple on Route 47 with an interesting pair of Pokemon?

The guy had Onix.
The girl had Cloyster.

...0_o

It's so fun training my Weedle!
POiSON STING! POISON STING! POISON STING! POISON STING! POISON STING! POISON STING!

Mewter

Smash Master
I just caught a Staryu and and Poliwag with the Pokewalker along with some Heart Scales and junk.
Stuff's intense!

Tacel

Smash Lord
I can't wait until tomorrow to walk to school with my PokéWalker.

...Not necessarily the, "school," part.

Mewter

Smash Master
Don't expect to gain monstrous amounts of levels with it unless you're Lance Armstrong.
Maybe one or two levels are gained every 4,000 steps if your Pokemon is level 5 (not sure about the higher up levels).

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
Oh, forgot about that. How would you go about teaching, lets say ice punch, to one of your Pokemon? (I used Feraligator in Crystal, and I taught ice punch for defeating grass pokemon)

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
You could probably do it with chain breeding or whatever.
You'd have to see if it can even learn that move (sounds like it should be able to) though.

I'm going through this game really slow.

-Magby lv. 21
-Quilava lv. 31
-Ariados lv. 30
-Dragonair lv. 30

Fun game though. :)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Feraligatr learns Ice Fang anyways. It shouldn't be a problem.

jokey665

Smash Ace
Ice Punch is a better attack than Ice Fang. To get it on a Feraligatr, you either need to breed it with Abomasnow or use a Move Tutor.

Moozle

Smash Champion
just encountered Entei while surfing! Stupid Jumpluff missed sleep powder >.< Funny thing that I just realized was that I saw it on the pond that is like 4 squares from the second suicune encounter since the burned tower.

And I still need one more pokemanz. Suggestions?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm so glad Ho-Oh has Extrasensory instead of Recover. It made catching the thing a lot easier, even more so because I had 9 Ultra Balls. And it will be more useful on my team now that I taught it Roost instead of Sunny Day.

Right now my team is looking like
54 Feraligatr
46 Ampharos
43 Growlithe
45 Ho-Oh

I'll grind a bit before the Elite Four.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
EDIT: Huh, apparently an eevee and a vulpix can make eggs cause I just got one from them.
You think that's odd?

Nuzleaf and Vulpix can breed too.

In fact, I had to do that to get a Vulpix that won't have to stay unevolved until level 44. (Extrasensory is a little too good to pass up on.)

When you get to Kanto you'll change your mind about Leaders immediately.

IMMEDIATELY.
Oh man.

I love the original music for that, I can't wait to hear the remix.

I wanted Ursaring, but I dunno. Also how needable is Flash and Rock Smash?
Like, not at all.

just encountered Entei while surfing! Stupid Jumpluff missed sleep powder >.< Funny thing that I just realized was that I saw it on the pond that is like 4 squares from the second suicune encounter since the burned tower.

And I still need one more pokemanz. Suggestions?
Lawl.

I guess Entei is magical and whatnot, but it's odd that you found it on water...

---

My progress in SS is pretty suckish. I have way too much going on. I'm glad I'm not moving too fast, though; I'd rather enjoy the game than rush through to the E4 and Kanto.

And does anyone know/have any sources for the PokéWalker's relation (or lack thereof) to friendship? I could've sworn there was a correlation, but then I realized that depositing a Pokémon in a box automatically resets a Pokémon's friendship level (last time I checked, anyways), and you have to put a Pokémon in a box to put it in and you get it back from the PW through the same method.

Unfortunately, Serebii doesn't have a friendship page for HG/SS yet, which makes it more difficult. By the time I do find out anything I'll probably...well, hopefully have an Umbreon and will therefore render it useless.

EDIT: Haha, random Entei encounter. First legendary dog encounter. I was on Route 32, started running into a Pokémon, so I turned up the volume and heard the legendary dog theme...something clicked in my head but it took me a moment to realize what that was.

Unfortunately, I had a level 10 Vulpix as my lead and my only ball was a Dive Ball. I went with the Dive Ball.

Needless to say, it didn't work.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
yonder said:
EDIT: Huh, apparently an eevee and a vulpix can make eggs cause I just got one from them.
Just noticed this

What's even MORE surprising is that Wailord can breed with Skitty and the little acorn pokemon that looks like the thing from megaman

Moozle

Smash Champion
By the way, right now, magnemite (and other electric/steel types) are the bane of my existence. Is tauros a decent candidate for a physical attacker (decent coverage with zen headbutt and earthquake)?

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I'm so glad Ho-Oh has Extrasensory instead of Recover. It made catching the thing a lot easier, even more so because I had 9 Ultra Balls. And it will be more useful on my team now that I taught it Roost instead of Sunny Day.

Right now my team is looking like
54 Feraligatr
46 Ampharos
43 Growlithe
45 Ho-Oh

I'll grind a bit before the Elite Four.
You probably don't need to; your Feraligatr could probably take on most of the E4 by itself lol.

Lawl.

I guess Entei is magical and whatnot, but it's odd that you found it on water...
I found Raikou on water. :p

Unfortunately, I had a level 10 Vulpix as my lead and my only ball was a Dive Ball. I went with the Dive Ball.

Needless to say, it didn't work.
Don't underestimate the power of the Dive Ball.

I caught the Groudon in Ruby with one.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm sorry Terry D= Man my family is poor so I sacrificed my Christmas to pre-order this <.>

Javon89

Smash Ace
Gahh....I need this game...

I was about to get it today but my local Blockbuster screwed me over.
First I walk over with my Nintendo DS/GBA games to trade, the said they only accepted Xbox 360 and PS3. When I get my Xbox360 game that I don't want, apparently I have to open an account with them to get the credit...

Couldn't they have told me this earlier?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wow I feel bad for you guys.

My dad says that he'll get me anything as long as I study and get a good job. Plus, most kids my age ask for something each week, but I haven't asked anything myself since christmas and I won't be planning asking anything else for some time either

Javon89

Smash Ace
Well thankfully I'm going to the mall tomorrow.

I'm piking Chikorita and transferring a level 5 Mudkip. I go way back with Mudkip since I got Ruby my first real Pokemon game. ( I shared with my 3 other brothers for Blue and Silver) Chikorita is just simply too cool.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
I'm in between Goldenrod and Ecruteak. I know I'm behind for someone who got the game on Sunday, but I'm always slow going through games, especially the first time, and I've been here on SWF quite a bit since getting the game. Plus I'm sorta working on my collection as well.

My team:
Quilava lv 23
Wooper lv 19
Rocky (in-game trade Onix) lv 19
Pidgeotto lv 19
Bellsprout lv 19
Flaaffy lv 20

This will prolly be my team through the E4, unless I find something I like better at a reasonable level.

@Tery: What about a special Nidoking (I know he's one of your favs)? Surfing Nidoking has always been one of my favs (actually it's more Nidoking in general)

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622

The guy had Onix.
The girl had Cloyster.

lolololol

I was gonna comment on this!

Don't expect to gain monstrous amounts of levels with it unless you're Lance Armstrong.
Maybe one or two levels are gained every 4,000 steps if your Pokemon is level 5 (not sure about the higher up levels).
I thought the Pokewalker only let you gain one level per stroll. >__>

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Sadly, it does. I wish it'd let me do more, I'd train my pokemon literally! Since the pokewalker pokemon don't interest me, it'd be the nicer reward from it too. Then I saw ppups and Candies on the walker and went "oh" XD.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Trying the Elite Four now. Struggling to get by because I'm getting outsped. I'm one away from Lance, so long as I Ether my Avalanche and put NeverMeltIce back on Reginald I should be fine.

Ferguson the Ampharos might be better if he didn't have a +Attack nature.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I seriously didn't realize (well, fully) that Magby was a Fire type until I raised it to lv. 30 and evolved it.
Then I realized I had two fire types. Stored Magmar. :(

But the Pokewalker is pretty cool. I walk about 20000 steps everyday according to the thing, so by the time I get a break I have around 500 W to use.
Using special types really helps by the way, in both steps and rarity of Pokemon. I seriously found about 10 Magby (supposedly a rare Pokemon on Rugged Road) in a row. So I caught three and chose the one with the best nature.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I'm in between Goldenrod and Ecruteak. I know I'm behind for someone who got the game on Sunday, but I'm always slow going through games, especially the first time, and I've been here on SWF quite a bit since getting the game. Plus I'm sorta working on my collection as well.

My team:
Quilava lv 23
Wooper lv 19
Rocky (in-game trade Onix) lv 19
Pidgeotto lv 19
Bellsprout lv 19
Flaaffy lv 20

This will prolly be my team through the E4, unless I find something I like better at a reasonable level.

@Tery: What about a special Nidoking (I know he's one of your favs)? Surfing Nidoking has always been one of my favs (actually it's more Nidoking in general)
Wow. You're even way behind me now, and for the most part I barely even play (and when I do play I train), and I don't use a bike, and in some cases don't even run. ._.

I caught the Red Gyarados last night and am at the point in the Rocket Hideout where you have to beat down on the Electrodes.

Team:

Level 30 Sandslash - Tasuku
Level 30 Nidorino - Atomsk
Level 30 Dragonair - Ninamori
Level 30 Dunsparce - Canti
Level 30 Quilava - Amarao
Level 33 Jynx - Mamimi

Don't ask how I beat Jasmine (when my team was even weaker than this), because not even I know. And Dragonair is mega sexy. I'm probably going to spend a while to train other guys after Pryce though. I'm getting to that point in the playthrough where I really feel like using other things. Like Rhydon.

EDIT: And for the record, I only use Pokeballs (and Safari/Sport balls obviously) to catch Pokemon. :3

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lv23 Miltank
lv27 Butterfree
lv28 Quilava
lv26 Weepinbell

prob gonna get a mantine next then something that can learn fly

i couldnt even get passed lv2 on voltorb flip but since kupos tip im on lv7 with no signs of stopping

Top Bottom