• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's worse in this game. You'll have to earn enough Athlete Points to get your stones. I'm working on getting my Fire Stone on Friday, I'd like an Arcanine soon.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
I know you can win the evolution stones by placing first in the Bug Catching Contest. Beyond that, not sure.

EDIT: You can get Eevee from the Celadon Game Corner for 6666 coins.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Just realized something. What if you put a really rare Pokemon in your Pokewalker and you end up losing it? Bye bye Pokemon? :\

I already know 2 friends who lost their PWs.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It's worse in this game. You'll have to earn enough Athlete Points to get your stones. I'm working on getting my Fire Stone on Friday, I'd like an Arcanine soon.
Wait, according to Serebii you can get Fire Stones Tuesday / Thursday / Sunday. [Source] I don't know if you've got another source, but you might want to check tomorrow just in case, you wouldn't want to miss it.

(I wish I'd realized it's available on multiple days yesterday, I would've gotten my fire stone for my Vulpix then instead of waiting until Thursday.)

I'm overall happy with this, though, since the Pokéathlon is pretty easy in certain competitions and it's better than the original G/S, where you couldn't get the stones until Cerulean City.

Just realized something. What if you put a really rare Pokemon in your Pokewalker and you end up losing it? Bye bye Pokemon? :\

I already know 2 friends who lost their PWs.
There's a force reset feature which moves the Pokémon back into the game in the same state you transferred it in. It's in the manual somewhere.

Anyway, I think I've finished my team plan:

Feraligatr / Pidgeot / Ampharos / Steelix / Ninetales / Umbreon

Chill

Red
BRoomer
My team keeps changing. I was going to use Steelix but I need a metal coat (kept him in the daycare just incase I change my mind). I ditched my bird type because he was too weak. Halp I'm turning into Paul.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
My team keeps changing. I was going to use Steelix but I need a metal coat (kept him in the daycare just incase I change my mind).
Yeah, I traded one over from Diamond, otherwise I'd never be able to use Steelix because...Onix until post-E4? No thanks.

I ditched my bird type because he was too weak.
Bird type?

I call hax glitches.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Oh, guys, since I'm soft resetting fora shiny starter, I can't tell since the saves are always slow at the beginning of the games, but are the saves really, really, really fast compared to D/P/Pt like they were in the JP version? Are there still no more "Saving a lot of data" instances after the beginning of the game is over and done with?

supermarth64

Smash Ace
It no longer does saving a lot of data after editing boxes (THANK GOD). It had one more change for me but Idk why that happened.

Anyway, I found a shiny Onix in Union Cave! Completely by accident. It was Calm lol.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I think the shiny rate in US HGSS went up.

Thats two shinys found by people on accident so far.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Yea, at this point you should probably just kill yourself.
I do feel like it, although I have to wait until tomorrow night since my dad finally agreed to getting the game. Of course there's the chance it could be sold out when I get it, and since this is me we are talking about I probably will have to wait even longer.

-Terywj

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
so after hours of headbutting trees i went to the town right next to it and got a heracross on my first try. male(cool horn) and has good nature. I placed him in my pokewalker to take to track and i have now lost my pokewalker:(

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
so after hours of headbutting trees i went to the town right next to it and got a heracross on my first try. male(cool horn) and has good nature. I placed him in my pokewalker to take to track and i have now lost my pokewalker:(
Ouch. Bringing that to track probably wasn't the best idea..

Hope you can find it.

-Terywj

Mewter

Smash Master
Ouch. >_<
At least you can still get your Heracross back:
The whole data of the pkm file is NOT sent to the PokeWalker. You cannot check any data about the Pokemon on the Walker other than the Name and Species. There is a key command (similar to the erasing file command) that will return your Pokemon back to your HGSS game if, say, you lost your PokeWalker. I'll get out my manual and post this later, but I'm sure it will be in the English manuals as well. This means the Pokemon you send out is still stored on the HGSS cart somewhere. This also leads me to believe that the Pokemon you catch are not fully generated until you send them back to HGSS.
There is also a key command to reset a PokeWalker, if you want to change the game it is associated with.
*http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?7070-PokWalker-Guide
Look through the manual that comes with the game.

Hope you can recover it. :urg:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Guys, it is possible to do an auto-restore to save at least your Pokémon if you lose the PokéWalker.

Serebii said:
There is no way to lose your Pokemon while it is in the Pokéwalker. Running out of batteries will simply make you lose steps and Watts. Your Pokemon will be safe. If you are to lose your Pokéwalker, then you can restore your Pokemon back into your games. As a note, if you happen to find your Pokéwalker after you have restored your Pokemon, you can not send the other one inside of the Pokéwalker back to the game (essentially cloning). To get your Pokemon back if ever your Pokéwalker breaks/gets lost, go the Pokéwalker Connection Screen and press & hold:

* Up + Select + R

Once you do this, your Pokéwalker will be reset and your Pokemon will go back into your box. Your Pokemon will be restored to as it originally was when you put it in the Pokéwalker. If you do find your Pokéwalker after you have restored your Pokemon, you need to reset the Pokéwalker.
Source

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Fun Fact:

Rare Pokemon trees are preset. They're in the same place in every game. If you find a common Pokemon in a tree, you'll ONLY find a common pokemon. Find a rare one, then a rare one will always be in that tree no matter how much you reset. However, after seeing a rare Pokemon, all Pokemon in a tree will be common ones.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
It seems like all luck based parts of the game happen more often. Multiple people here have found a shiny and another has seen more crits than usual.

I am seeing many more crits than I did in previous versions. Also, while training my Flaaffy, it was able to easily abuse para-flinch (Twave/Static+Headbutt). I para-flinched about as many pokes while training it as I have when using a Serene Grace poke in other versions.

Anybody else experiencing stuff like this?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
This isn't really luck-based, but my friend has found a bunch of shouldn't-be-evolved-yet Pokémon in the wild.

- Level 7 Noctowl
- Level 17 Slowbro
- Level 15 Nidorino
- Level 15 Golbat

That's just so far, that's steadily increasing.

EDIT:

- Level 16 Graveler

jokey665

Smash Ace
I've definitely seen crits WAY more often in HG than in any other pokemon game, and I've been playing since Red. No shinies aside from Red Gyarados yet, though.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Oh my god.

Most amazing thing just happened.

I'm trying to train my Eevee which is low-leveled (thanks for the level 5 Eevee when there are level 20 trainers, Bill), so I brought it into the Morty fight with me. Gengar came around and I fought against him with Croconaw and Bite, but after recovering with a Sitrus Berry and Hyper Potion, it used Shadow Ball and killed Croconaw. I sent out Pidgeotto and U-Turned (in retrospect it doesn't make much sense), and I didn't know who else to send out so I put out Eevee, thinking it would be immune to Gengar (unless Eevee had attacked, it is immune -- Hypnosis/Mean Look/Sucker Punch/Shadow Ball).

I decided I'd throw a Sand-Attack at it just for fun, and it Mean Look'd me. I realized that, since Eevee couldn't do anything, I would have to get it killed. But since I'm trying to get an Umbreon, I don't want my friendship to go down, so I was stalling for a moment to see what would happen until I realized it had used up Sucker Punch and no one could do any damage.

At that point I realized that I could PP stall Gengar, though I would potentially still die, and so I threw Sand-Attack out until its Accuracy was as low as possible, same with Tail Whip and Defense. (Helping Hand and Tackle were its only other attacks.)

Gengar finally ran out of PP and used Struggle, which only took out 20 of Eevee's 43 HP. I used a Potion to restore its health and survived the next struggle, which knocked out Gengar.

Yeah. My level 14 Eevee killed that thing.

Win.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
So far:

Jolly Level 30 Gyarados
Modest Level 31 Quilava
Timid Level 30 Gengar
Adamant Level 15 Dratini
Impish Level 10 Skarmory
Adamant Level 2 Elekid (Fire punch, Ice Punch, CC =D)

All are females but Quilava. Can't wait to beat the four so I can start EV trainning my females children.

<3 Everstoning female natures =3

</3 the lack of money I now have because of breeding...

I'm hoping for a phone call from the lady in the national park so she can give me some more NUGGETS!!!!!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Gah, I just realized there are Pokéathlon prizes only available post-National Dex...one of them is Fire Stone on Thursday and Sunday. The only day you can get one is Tuesday.

If I had realized that then, I could already have one. -_-

Top Bottom