• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I dunno, while I was walking I saw a question mark followed by "Noctowl is searching restlessly" or something along those lines and I thought it could be something important. Then I go into the grass and a huge exclamation mark follows with it dancing a bit followed by a musical note then it finding a leaf which I apparently pin on it or something

Any ideas what this is about? I'll see if I can find a pic on the internet and show you. Its like the aftereffects of pokerus. Your pokemon shows a happy face symbol on its summmary, but instead it shows a golden leaf...

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
so i took my pokewalker with me to track today
and at the end of track i had 473 watts

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
It could be that or the thing that's mentinoed on Serebii about somethinkg like that.

Go check it out. I'm pretty sure it amounted to something if you collected those or whaever.

-Terywj

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Lovin' mah Heart Gold with LIMITED EDITION HO-OH FIGURINE that smells like lead paint.

They've improved lots of things, such as making the menu more convinient; the only complaint I have is about the rival, who is even more of a loser than he was in gold/silver.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
so I got my SS.

And they were out of figurines.

Actually they ran out of figurines here an hour after launch. Apparently they were selling like a dozen a minute for the first hour they opened up.

Currently resetting for Shiny Starter

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
My friend was planning on getting SoulSilver just so we could share exclusives and he went early on the 14th, a little around an hour afterwards.

They didn't have anymore copies of SoulSilver.

Yeah..

-Terywj

Tacel

Smash Lord
My friend was planning on getting SoulSilver just so we could share exclusives and he went early on the 14th, a little around an hour afterwards.

They didn't have anymore copies of SoulSilver.

Yeah..

-Terywj
Holy crap!
My mother and my sister are going to shop while I' at school tomorrow, and they're going to get SS for me while they are there.
Hopefully GameStop isn't out of SS...
...I just jinxed myself, didn't I?

Tacel

Smash Lord
I like the nickname ^_^
EDIT: Ninja'd!
Well... there's not much to do with this post...

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Remember the best tongue twister of all time? Yes Kanye, that's right..

How much mud could a Mudkip kip if a Mudkip could kip mud?

Also, I decided I'll go for Poliwrath rather than Gyarados. I'll probably nickname it Kanye.

-Terywj

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
My parents would NEVER let me buy that book. It was bad enough that they bought me SS... yeah they think only little kids play it. I never got the end of it with my dad teasing me saying when he sees me playing "Awww hows my little champ going?" then I'd laugh.

I doubt that they'll let me get it after I just got them to waste about 150$ on me and still have to give me another 20$... yeah I also got a field trip to Islands of Adventure next week so I have to buy some things (man I can't wait for the whole ****load of watts I'll get from walking so much)

Tacel

Smash Lord
My parents would NEVER let me buy that book. It was bad enough that they bought me SS... yeah they think only little kids play it. I never got the end of it with my dad teasing me saying when he sees me playing "Awww hows my little champ going?" then I'd laugh.

I doubt that they'll let me get it after I just got them to waste about 150$ on me and still have to give me another 20$... yeah I also got a field trip to Islands of Adventure next week so I have to buy some things (man I can't wait for the whole ****load of watts I'll get from walking so much)
Little kids? Who do they think Pokémon Fans are? *Sticks lollipop in mouth*
*Accidentally drops lollipop on ground* ...NoOoOoOoO!!!

Back on topic: So what are the watts for?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
3 things:

Finding items
Finding Pokemon
Getting new courses on the Pokewalker

You gotta spend them wisely. I never use the items radar and I barely ever use the poke radar except when I get a new course and I want to capture some pokemon there. Most of my watts go to new courses.

btw, does anybody have the nightsky ridge course? My friend loaned me his Jirachi and I got it and I gotta say, its ****** XD

Moozle

Smash Champion
Speaking of Pokéwalker, guess how many steps I took today?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBtpyeLxVkI

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
has anyone found a working HG/SS rom for R4 1.18?
No ROM discussion.

so i took my pokewalker with me to track today
and at the end of track i had 473 watts
Heh, I had just about that many just from walking around at work today. Got myself a Wobbuffet.

so I got my SS.

And they were out of figurines.

Actually they ran out of figurines here an hour after launch. Apparently they were selling like a dozen a minute for the first hour they opened up.
They ran out of Lugia figurines before I even got to GameStop.

They had only Ho-Oh left when I got there, the kid in front of me got the last one.

Currently resetting for Shiny Starter
I started resetting for a shiny starter on my HG, too. 20 resets so far, then I got bored for the night.

Oh man, I feel bad for you. No offense to your parents, but that's kind of mean. You should show them Smogon and ask them how many kids they think can comprehend all of that, with IVs, EVs, natures, movesets, and the like.

btw, does anybody have the nightsky ridge course? My friend loaned me his Jirachi and I got it and I gotta say, its ****** XD
I've actually found it quite useless. I got like, 4 Geodudes and a Clefairy from it, and a few useless items.

Mewter

Smash Master
Garblefarble.
@Firus: Really? Darned little kids stealing all our jobs Pokemon figurines.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It's weird..maybe because I live in Alabama which is... yeah..but I was two hours after the opening and there were figures everywhere, but then again I went to the unpopular gamestop. The other one ran out within an hour apparently. What I don't get is why the ones who didn't get there game there take the 20minute drive to get to the one I went too...

Oh, and about the shiny thing. I got the game sunday and got Geodude shiny within a few hours of playing. Nice Golem now =] I only wish he was better...always liked him more than Rhyperior/Donphan/Those kind of things...Also liked Kingler ._.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
On the left side, on the same path that you take to get to the radio tower/the train station. You go past the radio tower, go across a bridge with some flags and it's there.

I'm still sad over losing my shiny Tentacool in Crystal. ;-;

Mewter

Smash Master
[collapse=Spoiler]
[/collapse]
It's that big tower with the spire thing on the left.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Just wondering, is it possible to get a non-shiny gyarados from the rage lake? Like the low % to encounter a shiny, does that exist for him/her to be normal.

Either way I got my Jolly one for wifi =D Was disappointed it had a 15 in Att IV, but HP was 28, Def23, Satt29, Sdef29, Speed31... I couldn't turn it down lol =/.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Wow, how the heck did I miss that?

Just wondering, is it possible to get a non-shiny gyarados from the rage lake? Like the low % to encounter a shiny, does that exist for him/her to be normal.
Doubt it, but you can catch normal gyrados there (unless it was changed from gsc)

EDIT: Heh, you can change the camera with Action Replay :p

<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zdUbP6G1g2E&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zdUbP6G1g2E&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
I have had three shiny encounters in different games

1st= geodude but i was with a partner =(

2nd= ponyta, i got it and i only randomly ran through grass =p

3rd= Ralts but it was Wallys pokemon :laugh:

Top Bottom