• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Right now I have:

Notched Ear Pichu (my friend loaned me his shiny pichu to do the event)
Magmortar (I got one at burned tower and he gave me a magmarizer to evolve it)
Quilava
Raticate
Sudowoodo

I had a flaffy, but I replaced it with notched ear.

Is it just me or is there music playing on this page? Is it the one from the Spell of the Unown? I love that song. Where is the **** source of the song. If its a video, I can't find it XD

Octave

Smash Ace
Has anyone else noticed the colors of the stats on the pokemon? Red = Positively affected by natures, blue = negatively affected. Pretty sweet, no more checking lists.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
It's a hidden video posted by Mic. And it's the opening theme from one of the Johto seasons from the anime (which was most likely also played in one of the movies)

S

smash brawl player 99021

Right now I have...

Quilava Level 24
Zubat Level 17
Fearow Level 23
Sudowoodo Level 21
Togepi level 19

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Has anyone else noticed the colors of the stats on the pokemon? Red = Positively affected by natures, blue = negatively affected. Pretty sweet, no more checking lists.
Oh wow, that's pretty subtle, I hadn't noticed it until you pointed it out. That's pretty nice.

Also, about the music:

<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/prXS1cSuIgs&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/prXS1cSuIgs&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>
There's the answer. Mod powers. Mic is pretty awesome.

And that's the TV version, not the movie version.

Octave

Smash Ace
Oh wow, that's pretty subtle, I hadn't noticed it until you pointed it out. That's pretty nice.
Credit goes to my friend who isn't on the forums :3

Are the base stats/movepools of pokemon changed in HG and SS, or is competitive battling going to stay the same?

Moozle

Smash Champion
So, I love the National Park theme.

I haven't played a ton but my team right now is

Level 24 Croconaw
Level 24 Flaaffy
Level 25 Skiploom
Level 21 Noctowl

I just need my Octillery and then something else and I'm set :)

Edit: and that thing with the natures is reall nice! Too bad I just noticed most of mine have bad natures lol

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Yeah, I noticed that some time ago (I forget when lol). I'm not used to all the natures yet, so it's really good for me. >.<

Are the base stats/movepools of pokemon changed in HG and SS, or is competitive battling going to stay the same?
I don't know about base stats, but the movepools have definitely changed. Ho-Oh getting Brave Bird is pretty big. But I don't think HGSS will affect the metagame too adversely.

My team thus far:

Lvl 29 Xatu (Poppy)
Lvl 30 Chinchou (Proton)
Lvl 30 Heracross (Patricia)
Lvl 30 Croconaw (Alyssa)
Lvl 7 Rattata (Cutter) (lolz)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
This song reminds me of saturday mornings... <_< and does anyone know how many oran berrys that fat sick miltank needs? I used 3 so I had to run to get me a oran berry from the pokewalker...which is awesome

Mewter

Smash Master
Are there still berry patches scattered around the region in HG/SS like in DPP?

If not, getting them via Pokewalker is still pretty awesome.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
You get a keyitem that is berrypots, which is so much more convenient for planting...since you carry them around. Turns out that cow needs 10 berries... I'm growing them as fast as I can... ; ; /wants ball seals...

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I don't know, never did it. And no, 10 berries = seal case key item. Then some chick gives you some free seals..and I'm not sure how to get them from there.
What makes me so angry is getting accessories in the fashion case for photos (for fun) is so easy in this game, probably because it's not necessary. I wish in platinum it had been this easy, the stupid beauty master-rank contest with Milotic, I always lost because my dress-ups were fails... =/

Note: I did become the master of poke-DDR though.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
In the original you got the ability to buy Moomoo Milk and the Snore TM.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Are there still berry patches scattered around the region in HG/SS like in DPP?
I heard those were removed for apricots and whatnot.
Correct lol.

Turns out that cow needs 10 berries... I'm growing them as fast as I can... ; ; /wants ball seals...
10?! Ah crap, I'll never get that much. >_<

You get seals for feeding the sick Miltank? Cool.

What happened when you did that in the original G/S/C? My memory is failing me.

-Terywj
I don't know, never did it.
I'm pretty sure you get Moomoo Milk, and the ability to buy more Moomoo milk from the farmer, though I could be wrong on that.

lolninja'd+corrected

And no, 10 berries = seal case key item. Then some chick gives you some free seals..and I'm not sure how to get them from there.
From my exploration of Olivine, I think some kid in one of the houses that leads off from the path to the lighthouse gives you some, though I have no idea of the method needed to give them to you.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
So I finally got SS today and after an hour of playing it I can honestly say this is the best Pokemon game I've ever played hands down.

My new order of favorite to least favorite games now looks like this:

HG/SS>GSC>FR/LG>RBY>DPPt>RSE

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
HG has better exclusives..but Lugia has always been my favorite legendary. <.< I'm always in an arguement with someone who loves Mewtwo that Lugia would win. (Probably not in game, but... meh)...

Go Lugia ; ;...
Also... Ho-oh figurine is crapping fire

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
so which is better hg or ss
HG, because Ho-Oh is a sex machine.

The box is more nostalgic as well. The one for SS is like silver with a blue swirl and rainbows and ****, which doesn't even make sense. HG is just a classic gold with silver swirl. Simple yet amazing.

I finally got Ice Beam, and now I'm taking a break from Voltorb Flip. That game gets rather aggravating after so long, especially when you get all the way up to Lv. 7 and then make the most logical decision on which card to flip for your first, and pull up a Voltorb; meaning you drop all the way back to Lv. 1. SO ANNOYING.

So now my Smoochum's ****** Drowzees and Dittos and Rattatas and Abras with Ice Beam. And after she's done, it's Sandshrew's turn. Then it's off to beast Whitney with a full team of Lv. 20s. >:3

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
The Voltorb game is so addictive though...I had to pull myself away from it.
I feel bad for making my gatr a HMwhore with Tropius (still powerful, waterfall ftw) and using Charizard instead <.<

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
What are the best choices for HM Slaves in SS?

I just beat Bugsy and am using Onix (Rock Smash) and Furret (Cut).

supermarth64

Smash Ace
What are the best choices for HM Slaves in SS?

I just beat Bugsy and am using Onix (Rock Smash) and Furret (Cut).
Furret learns a ton, including things like Surf and Strength. If you can bother, Gyarados handles all of your Water TMs along with Strength.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
So I finally got SS today and after an hour of playing it I can honestly say this is the best Pokemon game I've ever played hands down.

My new order of favorite to least favorite games now looks like this:

HG/SS>GSC>FR/LG>RBY>RSE>DPPt
Changes are inRED
EDIT-
HOLY
CRAP
I SAW
A
RAIKOU!
couldn't catch it, one ultra ball and it ran away :/

M.K

Level 55
Just beat the Speed and Power Categories of the Pokethlon!
The Pokethlon random stats really encourage me to catch new Pokemon! I mean, my own team wasn't fit to handle the speed course, so my newly hatched Togepi and my PokeWalker Sentret really helped me out in that one!!

My in-game team is:
Crocanaw - Level 24
Nidorino - Level 23
Doduo - Level 20

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Haha, I can't stand having a unbalanced team. I was using a team similar to Meta kirbys but I got ***** by a electric type. Now I'm carrying a team of 5 level 22 to 26 pokemon. I'm probably going to alternate some team members when I get closer to the E4. I don't think my bird pokemon is going to make the cut. I'm also tired of wasting slots on HM whores so I've been spreading the moves around, 1 HM for each pokemon.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Dunsparce is so broken in-game.

Glare + Headbutt/Bite is broken on everyone forever.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Quilava lv. 15
Spinarak lv. 14

**** yeah.
Ariados looked interesting, I'll see what happens.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Teddiursa is on Route 45, which is the one just south of Blackthorn City. It's impossible to get Teddiursa before this point, bar a trade with a friend or going to the GTS.

I lost the Bug-Catching contest with a Level 14 Pinsir (which is basically a guaranteed win in the old games, btw). -_- It wasn't until afterward that I discovered a part of the judging was based on how much HP it had left and whether or not the Pokemon was statused when you caught it. Let's just say Canti (my Dunsparce) ****ed it up pretty bad before I caught it. And I took third because of this.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Teddiursa is on Route 45, which is the one just south of Blackthorn City. It's impossible to get Teddiursa before this point, bar a trade with a friend or going to the GTS.
Speaking of the GTS, with my luck it's just Australian servers, but can anyone connect? Tried all day and seems servers are down or something :/

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
got a shiny totodile today. too bad the nature and ivs were perfect for cyndaquil :(
It's okay, 2hours into the game I ran into a shiny geodude. I wasn't prepared, so I had to waste a masterball I transferred over...down to 2 ; ;. It's Serious(lol ; ;) and it has a 27 IV Character thing. The only plus is all it's IVs lean on the 20~27 side, which I haven't seen since I got an Impetuous and Silly Vaporeon like that.

Also <.< I got really lazy and used Tropius from Plt as a HM ***** along with Feraligatr. Go Waterfall!

Is anyone wondering how Sring some of these legends are going to work? Roaming ones you catch > Reset if it sucks, kill it, beat E4, reset? But do the dogs come back after that?
The non-roamers are self-explanitory, however...what about Suicune. You meet him in the tower early on...so if you catch him and he sucks, do you reset and catch, or beat E4 to reset his stats?
Ugh x_x ...Also hoping we get the Latias/Latios event... I needs a Latias =/

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Has anyone successfully used Wifi today? Tried a number of times today and nothing. Servers down or something?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Wifi will be down a lot for a while...new games flood their servers... I haven't even bothered, lol

Top Bottom