• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Me and my gf got our copies. We pre-ordered it for 35 dollars way back when and had to pay more now cause it jumped up. kind of lame, but oh well. Also got Magician of Black Chaos (lawlllllll) It's a shame the figurines are in black bags so I can't see them, bah.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
Got my HG about an hour ago, but being on here is taking away from me playing it, but meh at least I'm fianlly experiencing Johto

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Fun fact: If a starter is shiny, it will appear shiny on the Starter Select picture.

I'm going to SR for a shiny Starter, doesn't matter which one, as long as its shiny. If I try hard enough, I should have one in a week or less.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Fun fact: If a starter is shiny, it will appear shiny on the Starter Select picture.

I'm going to SR for a shiny Starter, doesn't matter which one, as long as its shiny. If I try hard enough, I should have one in a week or less.
Wow. That's pretty cool / awesome / ridiculous.

If you're seriously aiming for a shiny starter, I wish you the best of luck.
I'd go for a shiny Cyndaquil but (A) I'd kinda need the actual game and (B) shiny Cyndaquil doesn't look as pr0.

-Terywj

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I wanted a good Totodile to go on my envy team but I realized breeding in the future would be so much easier. So I got a Lax male with great IVs for breeding with a jolly ditto <.> I don't know how you could have the patience to SR a shiny though... then again I haven't seen a shiny in years on my games =(. Shiny Totodile is where it's at by the way. :o

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I hate my dad so much.

He refused to take me to Gamestop.

And when he finally felt that he was going to get up.

It was 6 Mukking O' Clock.

Remember. Its Sunday. You know what that means? Gamestop was already closed.

I later ended up smashing my Mouse against the desk to relieve my anger, and now my mouse is half-broken.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Pros: Just caught a shiny Geodude
Cons: Had no pokeballs so I had to waist a masterball I've been saving that I transfered to platinum... lol

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
The bad news is it's Serious and Strongly Defiant. The good news is its IV's show some promise. Either way I'm going to train it to be a choice bander...just to use for fun I suppose. It's awesome because a year ago I killed a shiny one in diamond on accident.
My IV's at four are
HP0-19
ATT15-27
DEF0-24
SATT0-14
SDEF17,22,27
SPEED10-31 (not over 27 obviously)

Anyways, go me <.<

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm enjoying it so far, I decided to finally use someone other than Cyndaquil for once.

Level 17 Totodile named Reginald, gonna catch a Growlithe then take a break.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm sorry =( To me this just makes up for the disappointment that FFXIII was/is.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I finally got my SS around 1:00.

Man I have had a blast playing this. I felt the hype WAS worth it. I swear I love the pokewalker. Now I have motivation to walk more, and its possible to cheat your steps XD.

I have in my party now:

Quilava (permanent)
Rattata
Mareep
Egg

I am planning on changing my party when I get further into the game. Man the Pokewalker is so awesome. I've caught: a Spearow, Machop, Paras, and NidoranM. I love this game so much. So very very very much :D

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I hate not having the game. I'm sure UltiMario feels the same way, although he already played the Japanese version.

-Terywj
You do not understand how easily aggrivated I get at some things.

If I never played the Japanese version my house would be on fire or something.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm very dorky. I pre-eved a Charmander, Jirachi event, and event Pichu for this game. I also have a Eved Totodile from the beginning that has good IVs for breeding later on. (The other 3 are going to be used in teams, bar-pichu) I also just got a Geodude and a Naughty Somewhat Vain Giratina I'm going to use XD. Shame Giratina-O isn't wifiable or I'd replace Latios.... but at least Golem and Gira can replace some pokemon on my teams every now and then =3
As for the hype...yeah I wasn't excited until I saw the cutscene.....in the ruins XD

I'm so busy Eving the Geodude (who is female) and Giratina I should probably go get my first badge soon...

D

Deleted member

Just got my copy of Soul Silver today, and man, it does not disappoint me.

So far, my team consists of Quilava, Pidgey, and Flaffy. Gotta catch a Heracross later.
Just beat Falkner and now Quilava is on my PokeWalker.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
My team for this is going to be horribly unbalanced, but I don't care. I finally decided on at least four of them: Typhlosion, Nidoking, Dunsparce, and Jynx. Past that I don't know though.

I might be gay and use the Wobbuffet I caught. That would be fun. >:3

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm very dorky. I pre-eved a Charmander, Jirachi event, and event Pichu for this game. I also have a Eved Totodile from the beginning that has good IVs for breeding later on. (The other 3 are going to be used in teams, bar-pichu) I also just got a Geodude and a Naughty Somewhat Vain Giratina I'm going to use XD. Shame Giratina-O isn't wifiable or I'd replace Latios.... but at least Golem and Gira can replace some pokemon on my teams every now and then =3
As for the hype...yeah I wasn't excited until I saw the cutscene.....in the ruins XD
IIRC, Giratina-O is HGSS Wifi-able

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I forgot to say, on my pokewalker, I decided to catch a Pokewalker slave (XD), which I chose Pidgey for. Until I get a worthwhile pokemon I'd want to be seen walking with, I'll promptly replace my pidgey

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
So my pokewalker was working great earlier, but now I transfered the thing I was walking with back to my game and it still thinks I have a Geodude on it (which I did not before).

And now I can't connect to it at all. Anyone who can help with this, I'd really appreciate it.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Can't connect at all? That's...odd. I know that if you don't have a Pokemon in the lead of your party, a wild Pokemon will eventually take over. And when that happens you won't have the option to go on a walk. You'll have to transfer the wild Pokemon over first.

Apart from that though, I can't help you. :(

EDIT: Oh wait, you might just not have the Pokewalker close enough to the cartridge. Either that or your aim is a little off. Either will cause the connection to disrupt or not show up at all.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Thing was I had NO pokemon on it at all. I never caught this geodude, I was shaking it, it said something like "What?" and then I had a geodude.

And everytime I try to connect I either get:
"No Trainer Found"
or
"Cannot Connect"

Bah.

EDIT: I was holding it too far away apparently. A few inches is not okay I guess haha. Thanks guys!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ok yeah, you don't have it close enough, you are moving too much, or your aim is off.

Trust me it's happened to me several times

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Yeah, the Geodude just appears in the lead position for walking if you keep shaking it when you don't have another Pokemon in the Pokewalker. My friend got an Onix this way.

If it keeps saying that then just keep on trying. And make sure that the Pokewalker is basically underneath the top part of your DS (this is how I do it, and it basically never fails) and is pointed directly at the top of the game cartridge.

Also, this could help you with all of it:

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker.shtml

Top Bottom