• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

Kole

Smash Lord
The Jellyfish? Yeah I noticed that.

Man . . . . . the fact that the Wotter line isn't Water/Fighting hurts even more when you look at the moves it naturally learns:

[collapse=Attack List by Levelling Up]
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Water Gun
-Water Sport
-Focus Energy
-Shell Blade
-Furry Cutter

-Water Pulse
-Revenge
-Aqua Jet
-Encore
-Swords Dance
-Hydro Pump
[/collapse]

In comparison, Pokabu's line only learns two fighting moves through levelling up . . . . .

On another note, a new attack called "Gastro Acid" is under the "Beauty" category. lololololol
where are you getting this info from?

UberMario

Smash Master
where are you getting this info from?
Bulbapedia mostly, they've received a lot of the stat info already.

Big Pokemon sites are being forced to take down all images of Pokemon Black and White.
*looks at Pokebeach, Pokejungle, Pokexperto, Serebii, and Bulbapedia* I don't see anything being removed, all the pokemon are there, as are walkthrough pictures.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Lots of Pokemon get cutting type attacks and are not part fighting.

Edit: Overall this V designs are miles ahead of IV's crappy ones. But that's not saying much. The legendary's designs are alot weaker though.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
*looks at Pokebeach, Pokejungle, Pokexperto, Serebii, and Bulbapedia* I don't see anything being removed, all the pokemon are there, as are walkthrough pictures.
Check Serebii again, sir.

Nintendooooooooo.... :mad:

M.K

Level 55
It really doesn't make sense. Theoretically, the game is to be released TODAY. And why would Nintendo Of America send all the websites letters?
It's not all adding up, but I suppose if it's real, its better to be safe than sorry.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Wait, that doesn't make sense.

How is it intellectual property? What?

I don't think the bigger sites are claiming ownership of the game creation...

God dangit Nintendo, why must you be so stupid?

LASHING_LEAF

Smash Journeyman
ugh... the gray version mascot looks like a metallic lugia/blue eyes white dragon lol it rocks and i was hoping for the starters to end up like this
grass/dragon
water/ice
fire/rock

it pretty much all evens out and i dont like the whole 2 gyms before you can level up above lv. 5 and how the 1st gym is 3 types and 1st-2nd gym is a tutorial its better for noobs though i guess... but also i like team plasma they arent as stupid and pathedic looking as team galactic nor as different as magma and aqua they are like a literal new team rocket *just in a weird way the good team rocket lol* i wonder if there are extra gyms on a count of you go 2 gyms without leveling up thus you wont become lv.60 by the end

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Are those animated sprites?

Also, thanks for the link, Xonar, it's nice to have all that info in one place.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Anyone have a link to a list of all the new abilities and their effects?

Also, I use 7zip for quick unpacking, and TUG for it's beautiful UI.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
They're not animated and alternate forms aren't there either.

There's also only 3 new Pokemon with gender differences, too.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Just used rar. (Y)

Any word on whether there's a Black and White guide for us non-Japanese reading folk?

Mewter

Smash Master
They're not animated and alternate forms aren't there either.

There's also only 3 new Pokemon with gender differences, too.
Really?
Talk about a Generation 4 gimmick. :urg:

Serebii... :laugh:
They pic'd just the right time to take them down.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Though, if you want to push our luck, here's a picture with all the new Pokemon and their sprites.

Better for the first post.

Additionally, the three with gender differences (the final bird thing and the two new jellyfish) are pretty extreme.

EDIT: you can barely see the names, lol

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Personally, I love the new Pokemon that kind of looks like a Chandelier. It evolves from the little lantern, which evolves from a candle. :bee:

Edit - Now that I noticed the names on that picture, I know it's called shandera. That is one letter away from the Japanese word for Chandelier, go figure.
(Chandelier is Shanderia in Japanese.)

UberMario

Smash Master
Hihidaruma's Daruma mode and the female Kenhorou are still missing.

(And what the heck? Is Game Freak sexist or something? I took a look at the female sprites and the majority are just shortened whiskers, less pointy teeth, and smaller horns)

EDIT: Looks like they are here, saw them on gamefaqs.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Steelia, where'd you get those sprites? I don't think the Genosect ones warrant a place, though, since it's all the same. I'd like to see the Daruma mode sprites, too.

And that's not sexism, it's biology; females generally have less pronounced features than males.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Stat-wise, Type-wise, and Learnset-wise I mean. I see the differences.

My guess is that it has to do with health.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Steelia, where'd you get those sprites? I don't think the Genosect ones warrant a place, though, since it's all the same. I'd like to see the Daruma mode sprites, too.
They're apparently alternate "types", though... Really lazy, even lazier than the genies, but, it... sort of works. Dunno what "types" it becomes just by flickering its fancy parking light, though. It's like Arceus, only way more subtle... We'll see, I suppose.
*Serebii forums, those were get.

And that's not sexism, it's biology; females generally have less pronounced features than males.
Generally.
Unless you're a spider. :p

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I just saw the discussion on Serebii. Interesting.

I doubt Genosect itself changes type; it's probably a move it learns. I could be wrong, though.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I just wanted to post and say thank you to everyone for using the spoiler tags. I appreciate it.

Whoa, I just checked the list of dream world abilities and there are some pretty impressive new abilities there. Alakazam with magic guard, Ninetails with drought, lickitung with cloud nine,lapras with hydration, politoed with drizzle, the list goes on and on. The starters all have unique abilities too now. I'm really excited for the competitive scene this gen!

Spire

III
BRoomer
Seems like Gen 1 Pokémon are gonna wreck it. It's like, "hey here's all these new Pokémon, but hey, take a look at Gen 1 for a sec."

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
As featured in my pkmn black walkthrough blog, http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=286858

Intro + 2nd Gym Battle

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WKlMuEHfw18?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WKlMuEHfw18?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Note: Unfortunately using the audio recording method I did (plugging the DS right into my camcorder) made it so it only recorded in mono, so you can't hear any sound effects from the opponent's side of the field. Not that big of an issue, just something to note when you may notice some things missing.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Is there a sprite sheet anywhere with all the new pokemon's shiny sprites? I've tried looking for them on the google but I've found nothing.

Also, have all the Gen 1-4 pokemon received new sprites?

Edit: Nvm, I found them. But I still want to know about my second question.

Top Bottom