• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Battle Subway doesn't just let you battle, IT TAKES YOU PLACES! Meaning new cities/areas within the Isshu region are unlocked after the elite 4. Also, Isshu "changes" after you beat the elite 4. Then consider each area/route/whatever changes every season with new areas and activities to explore. On top of all that, Dream world is a region within itself. Isshu has a lot of leg to it.

The bug/steel pokemon has some ****ed up music. Its like Beat him or the world dies. This is music is pretty out of charecter when put aside other B/W music which is quick tempo'd and full of melodies.
http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/trainertypes.jpg
Link for Bugrobot theme.

He seems pretty awesome tho, IMO.

So, Encourage Feraligatr. Ugh, if only he weren't outclassed by Hidurama or whatever his name is. Maybe bulk helps.

M.K

Level 55
The sprites AREN'T properly cleaned, these aren't even "ripped" sprites. They're all just photographs of the sprites within the Pokedex.

I wish, for once, people would judge things when they are presented at their best. I'm sure if you took a picture of something like, let's say, Barboach on your DS with a ****ty camera, everyone would be complaining about it just like we are now.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Smogon has no idea. There's talk of a Dream World clause, a Shadow Tag clause, and banning Drought, drizzle and shadow tag.

Beyound the legal talk, there's a lot of theory mon out there, but what they don't seem to realize is that they are all talking about 6 different possible metagames.

Some say weather wars
Some say it will be speed versus bulk
some say Trick Room's gonna be powerful
some think Dragons are going to be the defining force this gen
Others talk about the new items that are going to disrupt everything. THERE IS AN ITEM THAT LETS NORMAL ATTACKS HIT GHOST. SAY GOODBYE TO ENTRY HAZARDS. (still a rumor)

My guess is that it will be a combination of all of these to create something completely brand new. There are so many great pokemon now when you consider the Dreamworld abilities figured into everything, sand got boosted to Rain levels this gen, and Sunny day got boosted to some degree (though not enough) this gen as well. From where I stand, it ALL seems viable.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
The sprites AREN'T properly cleaned, these aren't even "ripped" sprites. They're all just photographs of the sprites within the Pokedex.

I wish, for once, people would judge things when they are presented at their best. I'm sure if you took a picture of something like, let's say, Barboach on your DS with a ****ty camera, everyone would be complaining about it just like we are now.
Actually I was thinking the first time I saw these that my opinion of some might change upon seeing the official artwork.

Doubt Maggyo will be any less awful, though.

Pete278

Smash Lord
This generation has done practically nothing but please me so far. All I would ask for on top of what we've received is Zard getting Intimidate instead of Solar Power, but either way, this is quickly shaping up to be what could be a contender for my favourite gen. Can't wait to see what Wobbuffet's new ability is. :D

EDIT: Dream World clause would be just plain stupid, but I can see a Shadow Tag clause, since the pokemon that have it would otherwise probably have to be banned, which would be a right shame. Course, if they're not broken with it (somehow), then I don't see why it's needed.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Is there a youtube link for all this ripped music?
As for the metagame, we should just let it happen and then go from there, it's going to so refreshing not seeing the same shiz all the time.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Well, Gamefreak got rid of Stealth Rock as a TM.

Although there's an Electric-typed U-turn.

Anyone else seem to notice the ridiculous offensive potential of the B/W Pokemon?

ChKn

Smash Ace
I'm rather excited for this gen. Aiming Mark looks good, but it makes the Eel's levitate useless.

-Aiming Mark (lets you hit opponents that are normally immune ie: poison vs steel)

I still don't understand Dry Skin on Jynx.
Ashy Skin lolol.

SR is still a TM, so we'll still be able to access it from Gen 4.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I predict Gigaiasu will be quite popular, as it learns Stealth Rock, is fairly bulky, not unreasonably slow, and has considerable power.

The offensive potential is indeed ridiculous.

ChKn

Smash Ace
I think AM is.

http://pokejungle.net/

More stuff:

Hyper Beam and Giga Impact are purchasable attacks for $90,000. This exorbitant price is probably due to the reusability of TMs now
TM72: Volt Change (electric): special, switches out your pokemon after attacking
After obtaining the Jet Badge you will receive TM62 Acrobat
TM79 Ice Breath (ice): will always land a critical hit. Base Power: 40
TM82 Dragon Tail (dragon): Base Power of 60 / Accuracy: 90%, will always strike last
Coil Up (poison): Raises attack, defense, and accuracy
Venom Shock (poison): Base Power: 65 / Accuracy 100% / Special / Base power doubles if you hit a poisoned opponent
Enemy Bind: Makes your accuracy 100% against an opponent for 4 turns
Evil Eye (ghost): Base Power: 50 / Accuracy 100% / Special / If opponent has status condition base power is raised
Wide Guard (rock): Protects your team from attacks that would hit all of your pokemon, will fail if used in succession
Fast Guard (fighting): Protects your team from priority moves (ie: quick attack), will fail if used in succession
You may buy attacks in Raimon City. These are $10,000: Frustration, Return, Thunder Wave, and Gyro Ball. These are $30,000: Light Screen, Reflect, and Safeguard
Item Info:

New item: Pumice Stone (halves pokemon’s body weight)
Master Ball is given to you by Professor Araragi
Prevolution Stone (raises Def and Sp Def for unevolved pkmn only)
Aiming Mark (lets you hit opponents that are normally immune ie: poison vs steel)
Bicycle is obtainable in Raimon City (didn’t they say the bike WOULDN’T be making a return?!)
Confusion Mushroom: Held item that has a chance of confusing the opponent when Pokemon is attacked
Suimin Goggles: Raises speed and accuracy if held by a water pokemon, but all other times will be put to sleep
Flower Cologne: Held item that will attract opponent if Pokemon is attacked by opposite gender

What's the tag to make it minimize and maximize?

UberMario

Smash Master
I'm curious to why the
goggles
can put pokemon to sleep. . . . . . .

Vermy

Smash Champion
As much as I hate the fire/fighting typing, Emboar is growing on me.

And the comment back about how Kojondo doesn't look like a fighting type, it's pre evo is based on a Shaolin monk, and we all know they can kick some serious arse. Kojondo becomes what I think is an elder Kung Fu master. The long sleeves and moustache and Tai Chi like pose are indictations of that.

Aaaaand to steer away from all the R word talk...

Game/competition: In the anime, Ash would always have Pikachu, a couple of stage 1 evos, another unevolved and eventually have a couple stage 2 evos. Pick:

- A partner pokemon who would be by your side constantly
- One unevolved
- Two stage 1
- One stage 2
- One more of your choice
- Find a background image and pm it to me
- Find a logo/symbol to represent yourself
- Find a trainer sprite from DPPt/HGSS/BW that you feel looks similar to yourself and I'll alter the colours etc.

Rules:
No legendaries
No Pokemon from the same lineage
Only Pokemon from Black and White.
No more than a total of two stage 2 Pokemon. Eg. If your partner is a stage 2, then your final choice pokemon must be either a basic or stage 1.

First 5 will get a custom sig and avatar from me within the week. Remember, you've gotta obey the rules!

GO.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Oh and if you could post the Pokemon and trainer's sprites in collapse tag's that'd be great.

UberMario

Smash Master
Game/competition: In the anime, Ash would always have Pikachu, a couple of stage 1 evos, another unevolved and eventually have a couple stage 2 evos. Pick:

- A partner pokemon who would be by your side constantly
- One unevolved
- Two stage 1
- One stage 2
- One more of your choice
- Find a background image and pm it to me
- Find a logo/symbol to represent yourself
- Find a trainer sprite from DPPt/HGSS/BW that you feel looks similar to yourself and I'll alter the colours etc.

Rules:
No legendaries
No Pokemon from the same lineage
Only Pokemon from Black and White.
No more than a total of two stage 2 Pokemon. Eg. If your partner is a stage 2, then your final choice pokemon must be either a basic or stage 1.

First 5 will get a custom sig and avatar from me within the week. Remember, you've gotta obey the rules!

GO.
-Partner: Futachimaru
-Unevolved: Yorterii
-Stage 1: Agirudaa
-Stage 1: Abigoora
-Stage 2: Warubiaru
-Choice: Miruhoggu

[collapse=sprites]

[/collapse]

Location: http://spriters-resource.com/ds/pokeheartgoldsoulsilver/sheet/28243

National Park in Sunset.

Trainer Sprite: The male trainer that has blue hair and a red coat here: http://spriters-resource.com/ds/pokeheartgoldsoulsilver/sheet/28037
You can also see him in the bottom left here:
http://stuff.veekun.com/hgss-trainers.png

But with a navy blue shirt. (Anyone remember what class he is?)

-Smash Logo with a "hole" so it also looks like a Pokeball

UberMario

Smash Master
lol I just realized I've been listening to N's 2nd theme for about twenty minutes now. XD

@Vermy: I did. lol

Clownbot

Smash Lord
[collapse=Team]Partner:

Unevolved:

Stage 1:

Stage 1:

Stage 2:

Other:
[/collapse]

Logo:

Trainer Sprite:

Still looking for background image. Are there any, uh, limitations? :p

majora_787

Smash Hero
The fifth generation did not disappoint...

Except for the fire starter. The third Fire/Fighting in a row.

I'm thankful they didn't take the same style and body frame, and just make it a new animal. But still...

Just figured I'd say this, the Poke-Bomb that has been dropped appears to have ruined the forum communities. I'm quitting Pokebeach at least until the shockwave is over with, because when I responded to what I THOUGHT was a joke topic by some guy saying the game sucks and isn't worth buying because of bad stats, by saying "competitive detail isn't necessary to have fun". Everyone went totally off on me. I'll just leave the trolls in their den for a few more months. Ugh.

>_< I'm thankful though that we got new and awesome Fighting and Ghost types, plus tons of awesome type combos.

But I'm curious about the Dex Ender. What form of relevence does he possess, to be in the same pack as Mew, Arceus, Celebi, and Deoxys?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Can it be anything outside of something that obviously can't be used (anything vulgar or profane, etc.)?

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I was wondering, will Pokemon Black and White contain earlier Pokemon throughout the game, or will they all be in a certain place after you beat the game, like some of the past games have done?

Sorry if it's a stupid question, I don't really keep track of Pokemon that much. :urg:

Edit - By earlier, I mean past generations. :)

majora_787

Smash Hero
I was wondering, will Pokemon Black and White contain earlier Pokemon throughout the game, or will they all be in a certain place after you beat the game, like some of the past games have done?

Sorry if it's a stupid question, I don't really keep track of Pokemon that much. :urg:

Edit - By earlier, I mean past generations. :)
Apparently they show up in the White Forest and Black Fortress after the elite 4. That's what I was told.

I may not even CATCH any. >_< There's a lot of new stuff.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Every single 5th pokemon is a charecter from courage the cowardly dog

And this isn't all of them either.
The three horses = the opera women
the three genies = the trolls
for an example

I love this gen even more now lol

Vermy

Smash Champion
@Clownbot: try to make it simple. It'll be more aesthetically pleasing if you keep it simple. I.E. Wood texture, forest scenery, rather than a still frame from an anime.

Or even a solid colour. I can work around that.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Apparently they show up in the White Forest and Black Fortress after the elite 4. That's what I was told.

I may not even CATCH any. >_< There's a lot of new stuff.
I was kind of hoping they would mix up all the generations, but I guess not. It gets kind of annoying when you have to beat the game to get older Pokemon. :(

Thanks for answering! :)

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I wonder if the robot bug will be useful in Ubers...

It's a mixed sweeper that's faster than Rayquaza...

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'd assume Dreamworld stuff can go in here, then?

A lot of Pokemon got interesting new abilities (Politoed and Ninetales with Drizzle and Drought for example).

Top Bottom