• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Like I said, I know that it doesn't literally mean dark-skinned, but it also doesnt look like a pokemon I'd want to meet one-on-one
Right exactly, off of your baseless assumption that its not a nice pokemon simply because it has squinty eyes. Don't worry though, we won't let you ever meet one-on-one with Tery.

Saying "Sheep can't fly" when it has a cloud [or cotton] on it's back is the equivalent of disproving Gyarados since Eels/Serpents/Whatever can't fly even if it's part Windkite/Windsock
GDose is based on the Chinese Dragon and the legend of Karp climbing a waterfall to become a dragon, that's why its part flying.
Not true. A type o Lolita is called "Gothic Lolita". Look it up.
Looks back at the pokemon
Still a non-martial artist humonoid
Still psychic.

Those arms look like they can pack a wallop
So do a lot of pokemon. They are made for cockfights. They all pack a wallop.

That doesn't disprove the fact it has gold braces and a metallic plate on it's chest. It also looks highly robotic.
Did you ever read fairy tales as a child? I'm guessing not.
There are two types of Golem, those that look exactly like stone people, as seen in The Never Ending Story, and those that are machine like driven with the goal to serve a specific purpose. Despite being made up of traditional materials, these still are generally designed as robotic looking creatures. You don't even know if the yellow part is gold. You don't know if its a metal, and furthermore, its only a tiny fraction of the pokemon. Very, very tiny. Then, when you look at the pokemon, specifically on the legs and arms, you see the stony work of this being carved from the earth. Clearly this is a ground pokemon.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I'm extremely glad that the didn't type them solely based on their colours. That would be imo plus that would limit creativity even more.

A pokemon should be part dark because it has throbbing vessels. Isn't that there to supply extra blood to it's muscles? Another reason it should be pure fighting. A Zebra should be part dark because part of its skin is black? >_> You want a mountain goat to be part water because it's blue and has, as you call it, 'fins'? A genie with a wooden tentacle and a block of wood(?) on it's head should be fire/flying? What?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
all the critics are mods or wanna be mods ussually just mods however
Seriously? We're legitimately discussing the designs for Gen. V and this what you have to do? Criticize them?

Okay. Maybe if this Pokemon was Psychic / Fighting I could kinda see the typing match. Otherwise, it looks too feline-esque and not like a fighter.

I found this Pokemon's real typing, guys.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Chibo doesn't read my posts, does he.
wow that is the most evil anti piracy iv ever heard of
now i know why ppl were posting unlimited rare candy codes on 4chan, il have to use that

btw while my ds was sittin there writin my last post the camera started scrolling around as u wait and wooow it looks awesome. i love the battles in this game

just fought a lv4 puppy (gonna say my nicknames, u guys guess what they are)
gotta find the rare candy code to get my smug up to lv8

UberMario

Smash Master
Looks back at the pokemon
Still a non-martial artist humonoid
Still psychic.
*looks at ViewtifulJoe line*
*looks at Chansey line*
*looks at Lopunny*
*looks at Ledian*
*looks at Smeargle*
*looks at Cacturn*
*looks at Dusclops*
*looks at Frosslass*

You were saying?

So do a lot of pokemon. They are made for cockfights. They all pack a wallop.
Ah, yes. I'm going to send my koi into battle, maybe I can get some underground money with it, while I'm at it I'll gamble using a caterpillar, a yorkshire terrier, a finch, a pink balloon, and a little girl too.

Did you ever read fairy tales as a child? I'm guessing not.
There are two types of Golem, those that look exactly like stone people, as seen in The Never Ending Story, and those that are machine like driven with the goal to serve a specific purpose. Despite being made up of traditional materials, these still are generally designed as robotic looking creatures. You don't even know if the yellow part is gold. You don't know if its a metal, and furthermore, its only a tiny fraction of the pokemon. Very, very tiny. Then, when you look at the pokemon, specifically on the legs and arms, you see the stony work of this being carved from the earth. Clearly this is a ground pokemon.
I never read that story, but that would make Rock/Ghost more logical then, would it not?

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
wow that is the most evil anti piracy iv ever heard of
now i know why ppl were posting unlimited rare candy codes on 4chan, il have to use that

btw while my ds was sittin there writin my last post the camera started scrolling around as u wait and wooow it looks awesome. i love the battles in this game

just fought a lv4 puppy (gonna say my nicknames, u guys guess what they are)
gotta find the rare candy code to get my smug up to lv8
I posted the rare candy code in this thread -______-

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
*looks at ViewtifulJoe line*
Kamen Rider, which explains the steel. I dunno about the Dark, though.
*looks at Chansey line*
Not Humanoid.
*looks at Lopunny*
Based on a bunny with ideas taken from humans.
*looks at Ledian*
Probably another Kamen Rider thing, but it's a bug.
*looks at Smeargle*
Is a painter dog.
*looks at Cacturn*
Cactus.
*looks at Dusclops*
*looks at Frosslass*
Basically just because it's got a human shape doesn't mean it's based on a human, lol.

UberMario

Smash Master
He said humanoid, not human, and last time I checked, Hitmonlee, Hitmontop, and most of the psychic types dont really resemble humans either . . . . . . . neither do four-armed, ripped-out dinosaurs, and the Chansey line IS humanoid:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man, I gave up on this game's rom. It was going WAAAAAAAAY too slow for me. Like it took minutes just to get past a piece of text.

I'll wait for the english patch and perhaps something to increase it's speed or something

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
This just end: UberMario reveals that he's really a lizard from the center of the earth poising as a human and thinks that humans lay eggs, check under his hat for proof /ededdneddyreference.

>Playing "demo" with no EXP
>enter Belles house
>Dad yelling at her

>new pokemon games about domestic violence

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I kind of agree with Spire that some of the designs have become a little more extreme this gen. But people were complaining about Game Freak not being creative, so....

RATED

Smash Lord
You don't. That's the anti-piracy Game Freak put in. They hate pirates more than virtually any game company out there (and rightfully so, since their games are the most pirated of all-time). They even purposely coded this into Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen for those emulating:

That's how bad they hate emulation.
LOL that really happened in that game? if that is true then " all hail nintendo!"

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
I kind of agree with Spire that some of the designs have become a little more extreme this gen. But people were complaining about Game Freak not being creative, so....
Im glad they are being creative, but the giant floating sundae is where I draw the line >.>

Its shiny form better be brown, I wanna chocolate sundae >.>

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Noooo, its shiny needs to be Marmalade, because I can never decided if Strawberry/Chocolate is better, its a conundrum really.
Without real strawberries though, choclate all day.

UberMario

Smash Master
LOL that really happened in that game? if that is true then " all hail nintendo!"
Yep. lol Dumpers had confirmed they had not put that in:

(Not mine obviously)

Nintendo has done similar messages for a while, but they were more . . . . .kind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYrlzvHwbPE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0bHrfPa7uo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmyoV1bkXNI&feature=related (this one actually waits till you get to the final boss, then freezes and deletes your save file. lol)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD0M9wM6_Vo&feature=related (HG/SS makes the pokeballs go insane, making the game non-continuable. lol)

Kole

Smash Lord
amazing music!

also there's a rumor that shinies are 1/50 or something, can anyone confirm?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
What?

Chibosempai, you had better send me a copy of your ROM through a PM and the patch you used :mad:
I don't have the info up anymore, but look on 4chan for the hex edit you have to do. It's really simple. Though Wave seems to suggest there's an automatic patch you can use now.

Don't use the R word and especially don't ask for it.

Edit: My new pkmn black blog of sorts:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11214858

Pete278

Smash Lord
Wait wait wait, my favorite boost yet:

Adaptability: Feebas

Shadow tag's on the powerful Ghost/Fire type too. Now he has uber potential.
Its also on the Loli pokemon, which is interesting.

Gliscor Poison Heal toooo goooood.
Garchomp Rough skin thumbsup
Technician Breloom also wonderful.
Water Veil Floatzel is great.
Sturdy Regirock
Crawdaunt with adaptability with Dark/Water STAB off of 125 attack is o_O
Pressure Wailord is lol
Damp Swampert will be great for anti Metagross
Water Absorb Suicune is silly but great
Lightningrod Zapdos has potential.
Dry Skin on Jynx is lol wat
Lightning Rod Seaking is fantastic
MAGIC GUARD ON ALAKAZAM?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!? LIFE ORB BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry, I'm a little slow today. Did you just say Gliscor gets Poison Heal? I suddenly feel validated for running Gliscor on teams where he wasn't the best choice.

RATED

Smash Lord
Wait wait wait, my favorite boost yet:

Adaptability: Feebas

Shadow tag's on the powerful Ghost/Fire type too. Now he has uber potential.
Its also on the Loli pokemon, which is interesting.

Gliscor Poison Heal toooo goooood.
Garchomp Rough skin thumbsup
Technician Breloom also wonderful.
Water Veil Floatzel is great.
Sturdy Regirock
Crawdaunt with adaptability with Dark/Water STAB off of 125 attack is o_O
Pressure Wailord is lol
Damp Swampert will be great for anti Metagross
Water Absorb Suicune is silly but great
Lightningrod Zapdos has potential.
Dry Skin on Jynx is lol wat
Lightning Rod Seaking is fantastic
MAGIC GUARD ON ALAKAZAM?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!? LIFE ORB BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you forgot about Speed boost Blaziken. Ninetails with Drought and Politoed with Drizzle.

they seem awesome IMO.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Yeah they are, I missed Blaziken and Ninetails and Politoed was already brought up.

I still don't understand Dry Skin on Jynx.

Low Health Remix is the best new addition. The old low health sound was incredibly annoying.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Battle Subway doesn't just let you battle, IT TAKES YOU PLACES! Meaning new cities/areas within the Isshu region are unlocked after the elite 4. Also, Isshu "changes" after you beat the elite 4. Then consider each area/route/whatever changes every season with new areas and activities to explore. On top of all that, Dream world is a region within itself. Isshu has a lot of leg to it.

The bug/steel pokemon has some ****ed up music. Its like Beat him or the world dies. This is music is pretty out of charecter when put aside other B/W music which is quick tempo'd and full of melodies.
http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/trainertypes.jpg

Wrath`

Smash Master
SO MUCH INFO!!!! I think I will wait a week or two before geting a RO*shot*

Also thanks for deleting the other thread, I went from 4,340 to 3916 posts. Yes I semi care about posts, I am dumb

How is the metagame going to swallow the pill that is B/W?

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
A lil' Earthbound-ish with the tempo changes, but Earthbound was still much more trippy, imo

Well guys, I looked over the sprites before reading any comments so that I could avoid having my first impression tainted by the other people's opinions (no offense to y'all). I must admit, my reaction to many of them was: "...wat?", but I noticed upon looking through them a second time, I liked them a little more, and upon seeing some of them re-posted here, I like them more still. A lot of of them seem a little bit rough, as if the sprites weren't properly cleaned up, but I think they'll look better in game. That was honestly my biggest gripe, apart from the ABSOLUTE RAGE that was induced upon seeing yet another fighting/fire starter. WHY? AHEJIFERSJFDSIFJDSF.

Least favorite: The two fighting guys. They're almost identical AND THEY'RE WEARING CLOTHES. WTF. The broccoli-mon are kinda lame too, but I think they at least have potential.

Favorite: Without looking at the list, the one that is the most memorable to me is that ghost-chandelier. I also legitimately loved the chinchilla's evolution, despite Spire's denouncement. Oh, and the pokemon dubbed "viewtifuljoemon"... I think that nickname alone made him 10X more cool.

I'm also happy to see all the new typing combinations and abilities. I think that'll probably be this generation's biggest claim to fame.

TL;DR: I think the designs will grow on me/us. Then again, I'm not super-hard to please. Raeg at firepig.

Top Bottom