• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Technically, everyone pokemons chances just got a teeny bit bigger, as there's less competition now.

Honestly, I had been thinking over the idea, and I felt before the update that Deoxys chances of getting weren't that great. Beyond being just another psychic type, his selling point was that he had several forms to choose from, but I honestly couldn't think of how that would be incorporated. They weren't going to give him several movesets, and the only way I could think of it being implemented was as an aesthetic change, which honestly seemed a bit pointless. I still thought he had a decent shot of getting in, but I don't think I was as convinced as others.

Though the fact that Sakurai openly states that Deoxys is popular is strange. Is he not adding characters based on their popularity now, which was really the only thing we had to go on when predicting new pokemon characters? Now I have no idea who could get in, even regarding returning characters. The only safe bet is Pikachu, and he's confirmed already:ohwell:

I lol'd at the picture though.

Pikachu was the only one to run away. He's seen that **** before:laugh:

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I would personally love to see a water and or plant type pokemon get in as a PC. They could definitely bring something completely different and unique to the roster.

We have plenty of people with fire abilities: Mario, Bowser, Ness, Captain Falcon...just to name a few
Already a handful of psychics in Zelda, Ness, Mewtwo...
And plenty of electric attacks all over the place

But, no one has anything resembling plant or water abilities. They'd be pretty fun, I think.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I would have to go with Dragonite, Eevee, or some such, cuz First Generation is the only generation. Second generation was decently acceptable, as it added a few more real-animal based pokemon which weren't there before, but after that I said, "F*** this S***."

I'm fine with new de-evolutions, elephant, and whale type pokemon, but DNA? C'mon, that's stretching things just a bit, don't you think?

Sorry for attacking pokemon, but I really hope they stick with the original 151, even though that's not going to happen. But if it does, it'll totally kick some serious a**.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I dont think we can expect to see ANY 4th Gen pokemon.
Including Lucario.

There were no 3rd gen pokemon in melee, when R/S had been out for quite some time.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Including Lucario.

There were no 3rd gen pokemon in melee, when R/S had been out for quite some time.
Was the 3rd Gen really out for that long? Since before 2001? I really don't think they've been on 3rd gen for 6 whole years. I don't remember seeing any 3rd gens in the pokeballs in Melee either. I'm almost positive we were all still In Jhoto when Melee came out.

Besides, even if the 3rd gen was out at that point, that's no reason to think 4th gens won't be included this time.

There's no need to tell you, I'm a fridge, goddam
Including Lucario.

wrong. melee came out in 2001, during g/s/c time. ruby and sapphire came out well after melee in 2003. so both 4th gen and 3rd gen have good chances, and i say blaziken and lucario are the best bets.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
melee was released a whole year before the 3rd generation games were, while the DP games will ave been out for over a year by the time Brawl is released. Chances are we are going to get some 4th gen pokemon, we just haven't seen any yet.

Edit: not again, why does this keep happening ><

Fawriel

Smash Master
Also, wasn't Lucario one of those Pokemon who are released before all other members of its generation, as it happened with, say, Togepi?

I could imagine someone like Lucario was MADE to be a highly marketable character and was "leaked" to Sakurai before the games were even out. If it's needed, Nintendo will pretty darn certainly provide information for Sakurai about games that are still in the works at the time...
There have actually been people arguing that Midna can't be in because TP was released too late and she got no chance to become popular by the time the roster was finalized.
That's probably nonsense. Midna's a central character, and Lucario is made for popularity. So they're pretty much on the same page.

That post was a little disorderly, hope I got my point across anyway. *scratches head*

Wrath`

Smash Master
ha, yhea i was one of thoese that knew he would not be playible.
see,movies dont give you brawl spots*looks at lucario fans*. Well blazes chance have increased,but so has everone else's. so there realy is not point in celebrating,unless you are glad deoxeys is not playibe.

So go: blaze,gengar

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
ha, yhea i was one of thoese that knew he would not be playible.
see,movies dont give you brawl spots*looks at lucario fans*. Well blazes chance have increased,but so has everone else's. so there realy is not point in celebrating,unless you are glad deoxeys is not playibe.

So go: blaze,gengar
No one knew it wouldn't be playable.

And a movie might not automatically give you a brawl spot, but being (far and away) the clearest "representative" of the 4th generation, having an easily made moveset, combined with movie inclusion and popularity might.

I'm no pokémaniac, but Lucario for Brawl.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Holy snap, I found Apple-Imp. :O

Anyways, the lack of Deoxy does not raise Lucario's already high chances, but instead reestablishes Mewtwo. It also sets the stage for Darkrai, who in my opinion is highly underrated. He's got the potential for a good move set, and could be a good tie in, what with that Darkrai movie.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I've said it once, i'll say it again.

Starters, or evolved starters wont be in. If one is in, you have to include the other two. It's like putting one of the 3 musketeers in Soul Caliber.
I don't disagree, but I don't understand your point. Who said anything about those characters getting in? Oh, and to clarify, you mean in as in a PC because starters for Red/Blue and Silver/Gold were already in Melee...

...oh, Blaziken. Sorry, I'm a little slow. I don't know much about the pokemon.

Any objections to Poliwhirl? Seriously...I think he'd be awesome, although I doubt it because I doubt anyone's even thought to include him. :(

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Yeah, but the popular ones are boring...ironically enough. I want a water-type. Show me a popular one of those.

Heck...I'm going to go on a little rant here. I say, Sakurai should just put in whatever the crap Pokemon he feels like. The people who don't play pokemon won't give a crap, they'll probably play them, but it won't make a difference who they are, and as for the Pokemon fanboys...they should be thankful the Pokemon are in there at all. Even if the most obscure, worthless Pokemon got in, they may throw a fit initially, but they'd still be glad that another Pokemon got in. You know I'm right. Just look at Pichu. I don't think Sakurai needs to appeal to popularity as far as Pokemon go. A Pokemon is a Pokemon. You wouldn't see the Zelda fanboys getting upset if some minor Zelda character got in over a...less minor one. They may be upset initially, but at the end of the day, they'd be happy that they had another franchise member on the roster. So, I really don't care if one Pokemon is more popular than another. Give me something new. Give me something unique. I'm tire of fire-wielders, psychics, electric-type, and purely hand-to-hand combat players. Give me something completely different. Pokemon offer that potential, but if all we get is another Zelda in a different package, another Bowser in a different package, another Fox or another Captain Falcon in a different package, then don't put another Pokemon in. Give that to a completely different franchise.

There. /rant

Caael

Smash Lord
I don't disagree, but I don't understand your point. Who said anything about those characters getting in? Oh, and to clarify, you mean in as in a PC because starters for Red/Blue and Silver/Gold were already in Melee...

...oh, Blaziken. Sorry, I'm a little slow. I don't know much about the pokemon.

Any objections to Poliwhirl? Seriously...I think he'd be awesome, although I doubt it because I doubt anyone's even thought to include him. :(
I meant as playable. Pokeballs by all means. They already did, anyways.

* Thinks of more similies* It's like having the triforce of power, but no wisdom or courage.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Yeah, but the popular ones are boring...ironically enough. I want a water-type. Show me a popular one of those.

Heck...I'm going to go on a little rant here. I say, Sakurai should just put in whatever the crap Pokemon he feels like. The people who don't play pokemon won't give a crap, they'll probably play them, but it won't make a difference who they are, and as for the Pokemon fanboys...they should be thankful the Pokemon are in there at all. Even if the most obscure, worthless Pokemon got in, they may throw a fit initially, but they'd still be glad that another Pokemon got in. You know I'm right. Just look at Pichu. I don't think Sakurai needs to appeal to popularity as far as Pokemon go. A Pokemon is a Pokemon. You wouldn't see the Zelda fanboys getting upset if some minor Zelda character got in over a...less minor one. They may be upset initially, but at the end of the day, they'd be happy that they had another franchise member on the roster. So, I really don't care if one Pokemon is more popular than another. Give me something new. Give me something unique. I'm tire of fire-wielders, psychics, electric-type, and purely hand-to-hand combat players. Give me something completely different. Pokemon offer that potential, but if all we get is another Zelda in a different package, another Bowser in a different package, another Fox or another Captain Falcon in a different package, then don't put another Pokemon in. Give that to a completely different franchise.

There. /rant
Poliwhirl was one of my favorite Pokemon (next to Mewtwo of course (everyone loves Mewtwo)). So, yeah, I'm all for it. HOWEVER, I highly doubt that he becomes anything more than a Pokeball character. :\ But that was when I was eight years old... Now, I hate the little *******s...

Black/Light

Smash Master
I've said it once, i'll say it again.

Starters, or evolved starters wont be in. If one is in, you have to include the other two. It's like putting one of the 3 musketeers in Soul Caliber.
. . . And who made up this random rule?:ohwell:

And on the new deoxy stance from Sakurai I personally think alot of reason for our top 3 (Deoxy/ Blaze and Lucario) just got tossed out the window.

Sakurai don't care if w/e is popular so IDK what he will pick. . .:dizzy:

PikachuSSBM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tsuzama
I Voted For The Eevee & Evolutions, i have always liked to have seen vaporeon in a Smash Bros game, and i hope atleast a few of these are taken into account.

Caael

Smash Lord
. . . And who made up this random rule?:ohwell:

And on the new deoxy stance from Sakurai I personally think alot of reason for our top 3 (Deoxy/ Blaze and Lucario) just got tossed out the window.

Sakurai don't care if w/e is popular so IDK what he will pick. . .:dizzy:
It's not a rule, and I didnt make it up. Think about it; if you could play as Blaziken, it would feel wierd without the other starters, because they're all connected. That's my opinion anyway.

Black/Light

Smash Master
It's not a rule, and I didnt make it up. Think about it; if you could play as Blaziken, it would feel wierd without the other starters, because they're all connected. That's my opinion anyway.
. . . .It wouldn't feel odd to me or anyone else who wants to play as Blaze.:ohwell:

The starters are about as connected as the legendarys. . . theres some new ones every gen and they mainly follow the lines from the gens before them (types) and you only get one w/o breeding.

( Don't see why they have to be soo tied together. Hell, Nintendo doesn't even treat them =. . .they use the most popular of them to market toys like how Blaze/ Char/ and Blast where the only ones to get 11in talking toys )

And if it's your opinion than please state it as so.:p

WIND SMASHER X

Smash Cadet
I just think that Lucario is the only one with a good chance now that D is gone. Blaze seems like it could work but IMO it will be in a pokeball with the other starters. Maybe Gardevoir has a decent chance now since its popular in japan.

wilson7913

Smash Cadet
I think you have to give it to one of the older characters like Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan. Also they seem more like brawlers then most other characters, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing someone like Machamp in it either. Myself, I lost interest after Gold and Silver games so I'm not up to date on all the pokemon but those are definitely my strong opinions on the matter.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Erm, but if you take Torchic as starter in Ruby/Sapphire you play without the others as well right? And that doesn't feel weird at all. No I think Blaziken en Lucario together have the most chances, actually I think they will either show up both, or neither one of them.

Top Bottom