• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
My picks

1st gen: Pika, Jiggly (sorry mewtwo ;_;)
2nd gen: Scizor
3rd Gen: Blaziken
4th Gen: Lucario

That actually covers a wide range. Electric, normal, grass, steel, Fire, fighting, psychic, *fighting again*

Of course, if I find anything better, I would likely be persuaded otherwise. I just find it hard to get a good 2nd gen, so I choose Scizor, though Scyther would pwn it's ***.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
You know, I would be perfectly happy with that. Weavile is just... stylish. I even am training one, even if my absolute inability to make high-crit-ratio attacks actually crit makes some of his main moves, such as Nightslash, useless to me :laugh:.

And I like ti83's way of summarizing his like-list. I think I'll do mine.

1st gen: Mewtwo, Jiggs. Mewtwo because he's, well, Mewtwo, probably the best villain in the saga, and Jiggs because in SSB she tends to be awesome.
2nd gen: Sneasel all the way. She'd be small, fast, and easy to combo with. Pretty dificult to KO enemies, tho. And Ampharos, 'cause I like it and the "WTF!?!1!"s would be heard worldwide :p.
3rd gen: ...I give you three attempts for this one. And the first two don't count. (hint: see sig).
4th gen: For unrealisticness, Weavile. For someone with an actual chance, I like Lucario.

Mmm. Not a bad list. Having just one or two of those would make me happy. Preferably M2 and Garde, butI'd settle for whatever ;)

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
Do you think that steelix has a chance in brawl at all? honestly... what would he do? slither around biting people? He doesn't stand a chance in brawl. Maybe as a pokeball like onyx in the first smash: rolls rocks from the sky... but thats about all.
Ok ok, i'll give that one to you. I just wanna see either an awesome dark or steel pokemon in the game. I would've mentioned machamp and then realized hal labs don't want konami sueing them over a "goro" copy from mortal combat. lol. Hmmm, Hitmonlee would be badass.

Weed

Smash Lord
I have everything against the new-generation Pokemon, but Lucario is just so **** cool, he deserves a spot

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Darkrai is a Dark Type, Lucario is part Steel. I don't care whether they get in or not as long as Mewtwo returns.

DuoKaizane

Smash Cadet
So forcing the player to play a waiting and baiting game is bad? -- I've never seen this work effectively for Pichu.
So you're saying he has potential, even though you don't have play experience as him? -- I played with him today, actually. He has great air abilities, and extremely quick attacking. His recovery is also very strong.
Say what? Him having good recovery is bad? When you fly as easily as Mewtwo, you usually never have a chance o even use that recover. -- His recovery is not a bad thing, I am simply saying that it can be too strong for the situation at hand, at times.
How does his inability to move make it easier to dodge the attack? You shoot the thing and you go flying back, while your opponent get's nailed by the shadow ball, giving you more than enough time to follow it p. -- I've never been hit by a players Shadow Ball, as I'm either countering it due to the pre-notion of it's release, or they shoot at a predictable time, leaving themselves open.
Other than that, his other attacks seem to be fairly laggy, though, I'm no expert in the area of Mewtwo.
Then use his near godlike tilts, his first jab, or shffle the teleport. -- Godlike? From what I've heard, he isn't quite "godlike". Though, I won't argue in this area until I've studied it.
Mew? How the crap did he join this? And what does he have to do with the Jiggernaught? -- Mew joined this because new Poke'mon...
Suck? ^^
Jiggernaught? Ahaha.

-DuoKaizane

Micahc

Smash Ace
I've never seen this work effectively for Pichu. It's his playstyle. You dodge just outside their attacks and punish mistakes. A Pichu player can correct me if I'm wrong.
I played with him today, actually. He has great air abilities, and extremely quick attacking. His recovery is also very strong. OK, so what makes him awful for Brawl?
His recovery is not a bad thing, I am simply saying that it can be too strong for the situation at hand, at times.Sweetspot it.
I've never been hit by a players Shadow Ball, as I'm either countering it due to the pre-notion of it's release, or they shoot at a predictable time, leaving themselves open.
That's the Mewtwo players fault. When I played Mewtwo I could fairly easily hit people with the shadow ball, you just have to shoot it at an opening or when they won't expect it.
Godlike? From what I've heard, he isn't quite "godlike". Though, I won't argue in this area until I've studied it. His tilts are very good. They may not be Sheik-like, but they are excellent.
Mew? How the crap did he join this? And what does he have to do with the Jiggernaught? -- Mew joined this because new Poke'mon...
Suck? ^^
Jiggernaught? Ahaha.

Oh, you know it's the Jiggernaught. Play a good one >.<
-DuoKaizane

buddy9246

Smash Ace
Next to the circle shaped square on the far side o
Ok ok, i'll give that one to you. I just wanna see either an awesome dark or steel pokemon in the game. I would've mentioned machamp and then realized hal labs don't want konami sueing them over a "goro" copy from mortal combat. lol. Hmmm, Hitmonlee would be badass.
Yeah, Machamp has too many arms. As for dark and/or steel, lucario is probably the only steel pokemon and for dark... maybe a weavile? Thats all I can think of for now.

DuoKaizane

Smash Cadet
It's his playstyle. You dodge just outside their attacks and punish mistakes. A Pichu player can correct me if I'm wrong. -- Though it can't stand up to many other playstyles.
OK, so what makes him awful for Brawl? -- Nothing, Pikachu SHOULD be in Brawl.
Sweetspot it. -- Right.
That's the Mewtwo players fault. When I played Mewtwo I could fairly easily hit people with the shadow ball, you just have to shoot it at an opening or when they won't expect it. -- Fair enough.
His tilts are very good. They may not be Sheik-like, but they are excellent. -- Mmmkay.
Oh, you know it's the Jiggernaught. Play a good one >.< -- Even playing Roy, I have few troubles with floaters. Perhaps it's just my, or their playstyle. I would love to see a "pro" "Jiggernaught" to get the picture you're talking about.

-DuoKaizane

Micahc

Smash Ace
It's his playstyle. You dodge just outside their attacks and punish mistakes. A Pichu player can correct me if I'm wrong. -- Though it can't stand up to many other playstyles. It can, it's just different.
OK, so what makes him awful for Brawl? -- Nothing, Pikachu SHOULD be in Brawl.
Sweetspot it. -- Right.
That's the Mewtwo players fault. When I played Mewtwo I could fairly easily hit people with the shadow ball, you just have to shoot it at an opening or when they won't expect it. -- Fair enough.
His tilts are very good. They may not be Sheik-like, but they are excellent. -- Mmmkay.
Oh, you know it's the Jiggernaught. Play a good one >.< -- Even playing Roy, I have few troubles with floaters. Perhaps it's just my, or their playstyle. I would love to see a "pro" "Jiggernaught" to get the picture you're talking about.
See if you can find any of the Kings combo vids on youtube. I think they're called "DBR -- Evolution - The King" and "Rollout."

-DuoKaizane
I hate ten character limit.

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
My vote goes to Hitmonlee. Lucario wouldn't be bad either, he is the shiz in Diamond/Pearl. I could care less about any of the stupid, silly, waste-of-your-life movies. Hitmonlee is just plain cool... and he brings back the nostalgia of the first pokemon games. You can't beat that.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Lucario is the best choice at the moment.

even though i will absolutely hate it, i won't be surprised if Munchlax made it instead...=(
I thought Nintendo's whole attempt at marketing Munchlax pretty much bombed? I don't think I've heard of anybody quote him as being one of the 'cute' new gen. :/

I do think Meowth has a bit of a chance as well. He's been a pretty major player and popular character in and out of the show and stuff, and he was actually a pretty unique trophy in Melee.

Of course, barring that, I'd guess Lucario is one of our biggest contenders. And if Sakurai wants to please Japanese fans (or just kind of runs out of ideas,) Gardevoir is a possible choice too, given her popularity over there and her position on the poll.

AngeloRoccosanto

Smash Cadet
Attention!!!

the game needs 1 more pokemon in the ssbb roster. i have to say they need about 40 different pokemon coming from the pokeballs. Pokemon from every generation sum weak and some extremly powerful!!!!!!!!! ya i cant wait.

:laugh:

Pyrogamer

Smash Journeyman
why are we counting out grass, water, or poison types? something a smash moveset hasn't seen yet. I, personally would love an all fire type like Blaziken but I don't think he'll make it in because none of the other starter pokemon will. Lucario I think should be in it for all the reasons mentioned. But as for more 4th gen pokemon, Roserade is a good pick. Buizel, Politoed or one of the water starters could make interesting characters. I think Roserade is popular in Japan and I actually happen to think it will be in Brawl.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
why are we counting out grass, water, or poison types? something a smash moveset hasn't seen yet. I, personally would love an all fire type like Blaziken but I don't think he'll make it in because none of the other starter pokemon will. Lucario I think should be in it for all the reasons mentioned. But as for more 4th gen pokemon, Roserade is a good pick. Buizel, Politoed or one of the water starters could make interesting characters. I think Roserade is popular in Japan and I actually happen to think it will be in Brawl.
I think most people are just thinking about popularity. Rozerade would really be a cool choice, what with being a grass ninja and all. But when it comes to pokemon in Brawl I don't think type has much to do with Sakurai's choices. Fire, water and grass would all work the same in Brawl; they'd just do damage.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Deoxys for Poké Ball!

:D

It's already been confirmed for several days now that Deoxys is going to be a Poké Ball Pokémon. :p

Well, it seems likely that just 18 more characters will be revealed before SSBB launches.

Does anybody think any of the characters will be a new playable Pokémon character?

I'm not sure what to think...the only Pokémon they've 100% confirmed is the obvious: Pikachu.

At this rate, they may not reveal any more playable Pokémon characters before release, right now, to me, them doing otherwise seems hopeless...

TxuZz

Smash Cadet
So here we go. We're restarting the Pokemon poll, this time with only the top vote-getters from the last poll. You may only vote for one this time, as this is the final showdown (until we restart it again :p). kaid has also organized the links to each of the Pokemon's threads on the forum, so that you can go talk directly about them if you so wish.

Lucario
Blaziken
Deoxys
Meowth
Dragonite
Charizard
Scizor
Hitmonlee (and Hitmonchan)
Cubone
Sandshrew
Pichu Bros
Eevee
Gengar

Happy voting!

but deoxys has already been put inside a pokeball in the game:confused:

TxuZz

Smash Cadet
I chose for scizors cause its fast! and some of them've hyperbeam.. it'd be the coolest to see smthing like a dash attack similar to fox's illusion, a beam similar to samus' but unretainable ( the like marth's B) and freaking awesome fast jumpings! sheik speeded!

Micahc

Smash Ace
I chose for scizors cause its fast! and some of them've hyperbeam.. it'd be the coolest to see smthing like a dash attack similar to fox's illusion, a beam similar to samus' but unretainable ( the like marth's B) and freaking awesome fast jumpings! sheik speeded!
Actually, Scizors slow compared to most Pokemans. It maxes out at just barely 250, which is really slow. Scizor, IMO, would be awesome if they added. We could finally have a Pokemon character that weighs more than 12 pounds :/

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Actually, Scizors slow compared to most Pokemans. It maxes out at just barely 250, which is really slow. Scizor, IMO, would be awesome if they added. We could finally have a Pokemon character that weighs more than 12 pounds :/
Mewtwo weighs more than 12 lbs.

jose

Smash Rookie
question..where du u guyz get those cool signature pictures like the lucario and falco...

jose

Smash Rookie
oh....thats true...mewtwos like a little leaf floating around the whole course while in the game and movies is all god-o-mighty pokemon...they should definatly change him if his in smbb..

Top Bottom