• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
So here we go. We're restarting the Pokemon poll, this time with only the top vote-getters from the last poll. You may only vote for one this time, as this is the final showdown (until we restart it again :p). kaid has also organized the links to each of the Pokemon's threads on the forum, so that you can go talk directly about them if you so wish.

Lucario
Blaziken
Deoxys
Meowth
Dragonite
Charizard
Scizor
Hitmonlee (and Hitmonchan)
Cubone
Sandshrew
Pichu Bros
Eevee
Gengar

Happy voting!

kaid

Smash Master

You just can't go wrong with this one. Fighting type, with interesting moves that are NOT fire based, popular on both sides of the Pacific, thanks to a DECENT Movie releace, and is from the most recent generation of Pokemon, which will remain in the minds of gamers for years.

Akseladden

Smash Rookie
Can't you go with ALL the hitmonlee/hitmonchan evolutions (tyrouge and hitmontop)

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Why not go with Dragonite? He is awesome in all the Pokemon games he's in. Also, why not have a heavier Pokemon in Brawl? It's been Pikachu and Jigglypuf (both small), then Pichu and Mewtwo (smaller mouse and a guy that can float). Show some love for the hefty ones!

RedX

Smash Rookie
^^^I like fire attacks so I chose Blaziken. . .

Really, he seems like the perfect fighter for such a game. Lucario looks coo and all but that seems to be his calm to fam. . . he just looks coo (not too strong from what I hear).

Plus, I don't really like the whole movie thing. It seems way too easy for a pokemon to get popular just by being in a movie. . . plus if pokemon were choosen by movie than we would only get Deoxy and Lucario (don't likey Deoxy). Blaziken is great imo because it's just a greatly popular popkemon that has nothing like a movie/ anime specail to give him the fad fan fav I see with Lucario. People have always (and still do now) wanted Blaziken in and that says something more than "new movie pokemon!!! Coo!" imo.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Why don't we have a poll for who should be in smash as in all reasonable characters???

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
NO! Why did you closed the old thread if the new one is just as bad? Okay, this list isn't as huge and pointless, but there are still ALOT of pointless options in this list! Look at Sandshrew for example... Heck populair Pokémon as Charizard don't even deserve as much as being playable...

This list lacks Pokémon from the 4th generation too. >_<

Black/Light

Smash Master
I have to agree with Diddy on some points. . .

No other "new" pokemon outside of Lucario even thou we now know all the new pokemon?

And you can only vote for ONE pokemon this time? I don't get it, we know there will be more than one added so whats the point of trying to find the singual pokemon that people would choose if only one was to be added? The title also seems. . . odd to say the least. Who "deserves" to be in. . . really, this is exactly what goes on on the N-sider, people want to throw the word "deserve" around and just start flame wars.

I give the new poll 2 thums down. . . :ohwell:

And Kaid. . . your way too thirsty.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya, we should just have a poll with all 493 Pokemon...<_<

I agree that people on SWF, GF, and N-Sider use the words "deserves", "most likely" etc. Just say you want it, people, and don't worry about it so much.

Also...we don't know there will be more than one new Pokemon or any new Pokemon at all for that matter.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Ya, we should just have a poll with all 493 Pokemon...<_<.
Theres actually people that know popular Japan pokemon picks from the 3rd-4th gen. I wished that they would put them up just to see how they would do here (even if it's unlikely that US/UK smashers will actually like them, much like how Jpuff wasn't liked here before SSB.)

Also...we don't know there will be more than one new Pokemon or any new Pokemon at all for that matter.
It's just a logical guess. Pokemon, in terms of popularity and income, is only 2nd to Mario as Nintendo's 2nd highest selling series. D/P alone sold like over 1 mill units in it's first few days of release in Japan and also sold over 1 mill DS lites in that time (also in Japan). The big mac daddys of nintendo's gaming world (Mario/ Pokemon/ LoZ) will get the most characters as seen in Melee.

fabianmo

Smash Apprentice
Im gonna go with Blaziken again
I think he has the best moveset to be able to use him in Brawl
Ask me and I think it will end up being a match between Blaziken and Lucario

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I picked Lucario this time. I just thought that having Deoxys change forms makes him a better pokeball Pokemon than playable since being able to change forms will make him cheap. Having Blaziken use his signature moves would just make it look like he's using moves from different characters that already exist. For example, Bowser already has a flamethrower. Captain Falcon's Falcon Kick reminds me of Blazikens Blaze Kick. Also Sky Uppercut will resemble Mario's Up B without the coin and trapping effect.

Lucario on the other hand could use fighting type attacks as well as new fighting moves in DP. He has different pulse attacks which he could learn. Having him would be interesting to see. Still, it wouldn't bother me if he didn't make it into Brawl. I'd rather see Mewtwo and Pichu return anyday.

Black/Light

Smash Master
^^^Right now I can only truely see Blaze kick as her sig seeing as sky upper just got ***** by every pokey and their momma.

I, personally, can think of a up B/ B>/ Bv for that one move alone that looks and attacks in a unique way. . . none of which look remotly like Falcon kick.

Black/Light

Smash Master
*Drinks water*

What were you trying to say?
. . . Thats slang for " you are way too eager to show off Lucario, which I personally think was part of your reasoning for asking for this thread to be remade seeing as it seems even worst off than the last one duo to the voting and character selection".

*Well, the word doesn't mean that much outside of too eager but if you knew what it mean't you probly would have picked up on the rest. . .*

kaid

Smash Master
Hey, I just gave a list to Mcfox, of the pokemon who were at 10% or more. I wasn't expecting a single-choice poll.

As for my post, it's just a short "why I support Lucario" post with a pic. You could do the same with Blaze...

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well, you see what happens when you open Pandora's Box? Now, seeing as it's one choice only, how large do you think the gap between characters are going to be? In your first post I already saw the beginnings of a "using fire aint unique (the part where you pointed out that Lucario doesn't use fire. . . which means nothing)" arguement.

Really, I don't even see this as a topic to debate on. . .now the old one is locked so all pokey talk has to be here.:ohwell:
*sigh*
This even has the stupid "who deserves" BS in the title. . . .starting to feel like the Nsider in here. . . disgusting.

Kirye

Smash Ace
I'll go with the logical choice of Lucario.

- He LOOKS like he'd fit in Brawl (Referring to Blazikens look as you fanboys insist on it)
- He's in the new generation of Pokemon, representing basically Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and Battle Rev.
- He'd have an interesting moveset.
- He's not Generic, as he has a movie with him as an important character, and he can talk.

As for personal opinion.

Deoxys sucks, Blaziken sucks, the rest are either too generic or not really brawl material(Meowth), or they suck, or all of the above.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Wel, it seems that the old thread got locked because Mr/Ms Mcfox wanted this thread to replace it so I can't see said person letting the old one run on again.

And Im not a good thread maker, last one I made got locked by (you guessed it) McFox because a few people didn't know that Ganon was in TP (even if Nintendo officially said so over a year ago:ohwell: ).

Kirye

Smash Ace
Wel, it seems that the old thread got locked because Mr/Ms Mcfox wanted this thread to replace it so I can't see said person letting the old one run on again.

And Im not a good thread maker, last one I made got locked by (you guessed it) McFox because a few people didn't know that Ganon was in TP (even if Nintendo officially said so over a year ago:ohwell: ).
And complaining about that here makes sense why? o.O

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
What's with all this Pokemon battles (flame war) I keep seeing???

Hmmm, lets see what's on the list (Sorry for being Pokemon ********)...

Lucario
Much info given by this forum... Quite mysterious looking... Could be something that SSBB needed

Blaziken
If Chuck Norris had smex with a volcano, this probably came out of that lava pit

Deoxys
Suppose to have 2 forms... Zelda/Shiek challenger maybe???

Meowth
1/3 of the evil group known as Team Rocket... Seen as mostly harmless, unless it chucks coins at us...

Dragonite
Large size, has wings, now exactly how we going to inputting this slightly broken creature???

Charizard
Wasn't there a fruity rumor back in the old SSB64 days where you could unlocked this Pokemon... It made it's appearance in Pokeballs, not quite high hopes for it to appear as playable...

Scizor
Same with Charizards case about the Pokeball thing...

Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan
I personally liked Hitmontop, but every game could use a little hint of Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan

*off playing other fighting games*

Then again, maybe not...

Cubone / Marowak
Massive boning attack... Wait, that came out wrong...

Sandshrew / Sandslash
Massive scar infection...

Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun
A Pichu times 2... What's wrong with one???

Eevee and evolutions
A cute little dog who can bite, wag it's tail, and give itself massive whiplash... Though, if one of the brother/sister claims the fame, the other must have equal the glory...

Gengar
Its a Ghost Pokemon... *Yeah, I have nothing much to say about this one*

Wrath`

Smash Master
Hey, I just gave a list to Mcfox, of the pokemon who were at 10% or more. I wasn't expecting a single-choice poll.

As for my post, it's just a short "why I support Lucario" post with a pic. You could do the same with Blaze...
No i will instead

charzard+ blaziken=

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Even though that all of the Pokemon on this new thread look like top contenders, I'm still going to be loyal and vote for Blaze. When your hot, your hot!

Wrath`

Smash Master
It's clear that lucario,blaziken and deooxys are the top three.so should we make the poll just thoes three now?

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
It wouldnt be uninteresting.It would cause good arguments if we just got rid of the small fry
The only one of the top three that even somewhat intrest me is Lucario.
I think the poll would be boring with only three characters... anyways I didn't vote for the
top 3, so I guess you guys that did would like the poll more than I would. :ohwell:

Black/Light

Smash Master
Nevermind, I didn't see your post was in response to Kaid's earlier post. I understood you were complaining that McFox closes topics at his whim, which was why I said that. o.<

Apology accepted? We're good then.
IIght, we good :)

Micahc

Smash Ace
Bah, we don't need blaziken. We already have enough spaztic pyros. Cubone would have some good and interesting moves.

Micahc

Smash Ace
We in ssbm really dont have too many fire users.Marowak? please
Mario & luigi have fire, bowser has fire, roy has plenty of fire, and fox & falco's main recovery is fire. An animal with a bone-club would mix it up a bit, plus he could use some ground based moves.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Mario & luigi have fire, bowser has fire, roy has plenty of fire, and fox & falco's main recovery is fire. An animal with a bone-club would mix it up a bit, plus he could use some ground based moves.
roy yes but bowser just has flame thrower so he dosnt count.Fox falco no.You need at least 5 or more fire attacks to be fire.

Top Bottom