• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Blade42

Smash Apprentice
lucario = blah

evidently the attempt to make lucario popular through the 9th movie worked seeing as everyone wants him for brawl. lucario is so overated, hes cool looking and a pretty decent pokemon but i would prefer someone else from the new gen. if any new pokemon from the new gen is picked, the options of toxicroak and rozerade are good choices along with weavile and gallade. i can see blaziken as a good pokemon for brawl as its fighting fit for this game as is heracross. scizor would be interesting as he would be kinda like ganondorf in speed and power cause he isnt too fast but his attacks is very strong. my absolute favorite choice is squirtle, i can just imagine his entire moveset for brawl...:)

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
we have to wonder wich 3 gen poke will be playable, I mean:

Smash 64:->Pika, Jigs (1 gen)
Melee: Mewtwo (1 gen) and Pichu (2 gen)
Brawl: [put name] (1,2,3 gen), [put name/Gardevoir] (3 gen), [put name/lucario] (4 gen)

(I put Gardevoir 'cause she was on Sakurai's poll, and Lucario 'cause he is so wanted, but deoxys was also, that showed us it isn't about popularity... so I don't know If we'll have a 4 gen representative in Brawl).

Blade42

Smash Apprentice
lucario = blah

evidently the attempt to make lucario popular through the 9th movie worked seeing as everyone wants him for brawl. lucario is so overated, hes cool looking and a pretty decent pokemon but i would prefer someone else from the new gen. if any new pokemon from the new gen is picked, the options of toxicroak and rozerade are good choices along with weavile and gallade. i can see blaziken as a good pokemon for brawl as its fighting fit for this game as is heracross. scizor would be interesting as he would be kinda like ganondorf in speed and power cause he isnt too fast but his attacks are very strong. my absolute favorite choice is squirtle, i can just imagine his entire moveset for brawl...:)

SQUIRTLE FOR BRAWL!!!!

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
evidently the attempt to make lucario popular through the 9th movie worked seeing as everyone wants him for brawl. lucario is so overated, hes cool looking and a pretty decent pokemon but i would prefer someone else from the new gen. if any new pokemon from the new gen is picked, the options of toxicroak and rozerade are good choices along with weavile and gallade. i can see blaziken as a good pokemon for brawl as its fighting fit for this game as is heracross. scizor would be interesting as he would be kinda like ganondorf in speed and power cause he isnt too fast but his attacks are very strong. my absolute favorite choice is squirtle, i can just imagine his entire moveset for brawl...:)

SQUIRTLE FOR BRAWL!!!!
Lucario's not even in the 9th movie. Also the fact that he's "overrated" just increases his chances.

jose

Smash Rookie
wait....i know who should me in there..............baby snorlax...lol...j/k...

Black/Light

Smash Master
Lucario's not even in the 9th movie. Also the fact that he's "overrated" just increases his chances.
. . . .If he is "over-rated" than wouldn't he be like Deoxy was? (As in, a crap load of people want him but he really aint unique/ important enuff to make the roster)

like this. . .

"Lucario is way too "over-rated". He didn't have much importance in the anime compared to Deoxy (who had a movie, a short movie special and has been in the manga) and he isn't very unique in the games. People tend to blow his role in one movie and his use as a advertizement pokemon way out of proportion when talking about him. He is basically a humanoid K-9 with the ablitity to make energy balls with Fox's fighting style:ohwell:"

(Yeah, thats very crude and somewhat rude but I think thats the contast in which he was talking.)

(P.S. Deoxy was over-rated. People truely thought that they would spend their time making 4 Deoxys (4 different models/ hitboxes/ attack boxes/ stats/ animations for EVERY thing it does and ect) so that you could transform into different forms with Bv. . . .and most people would just choose speed/ attack mode.)

kaid

Smash Master
I would say not. People were calling Deoxys a "Mewtwo replacement."

Notice how, as soon as Deoxys was confirmed as pokeball, everyone started agreeing that Mewtwo was returning? Deoxys was interesting and popular, but mewtwo was more popular, AND easier to program, because the Brawl Mewtwo will simply be a clone of the Melee Mewtwo, just like all the other returning characters shown so far. (Educated guess. I DARE anyone to provide evidence otherwise)

Lucario, on the other hand, has the best evidence for being the 4th gen "mascot," and most Lucario supporters consider him to be a brawl rival of mewtwo, someone who would be awesome to show fighting mewtwo in the opening cinimatic.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Aww, it's Kaid. . .
I would say not. People were calling Deoxys a "Mewtwo replacement." . . . IDK where this became a big push for Deoxy. From what I have seen people use Mewtwo as a reason we DON'T need Deoxy with a fraction of people saying he should replace Mew2.

Notice how, as soon as Deoxys was confirmed as pokeball, everyone started agreeing that Mewtwo was returning? (When were people saying he wasn't coming back? All I saw was a whole lot of b***ing and mouning about him being balled. . . .Gard talk kind of spiked alil) Deoxys was interesting (Unique, yes. . . but I never saw him as a interesting character) and popular, but mewtwo was more popular, AND easier to program, because the Brawl Mewtwo will simply be a clone of the Melee Mewtwo, just like all the other returning characters shown so far. (Educated guess. I DARE anyone to provide evidence otherwise (. . .How on earth can anyone prove a character will change when it hasn't even been confirmed yet? Your guess is as good as any. . . I see him having changes like Browser has because Sakurai DID say that returning characters would have a new "flavor" or w/e) )

Lucario, on the other hand, has the best evidence for being the 4th gen "mascot, (He aint the only one that could reasonably be called a "mascot". In fact, he reminds me of Deoxy. . . a fan made mascot from the movies that was used to advertize crap) " and most Lucario supporters consider him to be a brawl rival of mewtwo, someone who would be awesome to show fighting mewtwo in the opening cinimatic. (Meh, the Lucario topic has become a nasty pool of fan-fiction. 1, Logically the best "rival" to Mew2 would be Darkrai (Had a movie/ it's dark-ghost typed which is seen as bad yet he is a hero in it's movie compared to Mew2 who had a movie and is pyh typed which is mostly seen as good but he was the villian) or Pika (main pokay hero/ mascot/ everything. . .). 2. If im correct I first rememberen hearing you suggest this "event" first:ohwell:. 3. The lucario topic is in la la land. People there are debating about how he uses the energy ball attack as if their making it. . .half their post don't make any sense. Even you gave me a shock when you claimed Lucario had the most character devilopment out of all the pokemon in the history if the anime. I don't even know what people see in Lucario now. . . it's been built up to be the Fox/ Sheik of pokemon in brawl by Lucario fanatics like yourself.)
Beeen a well. . .

Black/Light

Smash Master
This has come up several times, and you have never responded.

What other 4th gen can match Lucario's presence in official materials?
Actually, the last time you asked this I did reply. . . you just stopped posting after that.

To be trueful HOW am I suppose to know what pokemon is on every official w/e? From what I have seen on huge posters they have the legendary pokemon, the starter evols, electriver (sp) Munch and the 3 Mew look-a-likes (and Manphy(sp) in some places ). On the cheat book it's just the starters and the legendarys.

Booster packs. . . The 2 legendary pokemon/ Lucario/ Electr w-e/ the big scropion one/ Magmortal/ Garchomp/ the 3 mew rips and Toxicunk (sp)

But, as I said before, there were other pokemon used more to advertize than Pichu who where also hgiher on the melee polls yet they where not choosen.

And IDK what advertizement has to do with this :ohwell:.

~TILT~

Smash Journeyman
i see im gonna have to post this agin -_-

there will be no 4th gen pokemon in brawl, why? simply because they havnt done any 3rd pokemon yet, and if any pokemon will be put in it it will be from the 3rd gen, already the legendaries from the brawl pokeball r 3rd gen so y would they put in 4th gen pokemon after the legendaries r from the 3rd set of games?

i mean dont get me wrong... most likely they're will be 1 or 2 pokemon from the 4th gen as pokeballs but thats all im seein right now, im still pullin for lucario (lukey) tho as he would be a smexy addition, i can almost imagine him runnin around on eldin bridge =]

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
And IDK what advertizement has to do with this
I'm tempted to sig this, because it's so monumentally stupid. :laugh:
Smash Bros. is ALL ABOUT advertising.
Especially Pokemon.
Lucario is on an awful lot of promotional material. And that contributes to it being seen as a mascot for the 4th generation.
I choose to ignore the poster directly above, for punctuation and grammar reasons.
If you're gonna post bull****, at least make it readable.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
i see im gonna have to post this agin -_-

there will be no 4th gen pokemon in brawl, why? simply because they havnt done any 3rd pokemon yet, and if any pokemon will be put in it it will be from the 3rd gen, already the legendaries from the brawl pokeball r 3rd gen so y would they put in 4th gen pokemon after the legendaries r from the 3rd set of games?

i mean dont get me wrong... most likely they're will be 1 or 2 pokemon from the 4th gen as pokeballs but thats all im seein right now, im still pullin for lucario (lukey) tho as he would be a smexy addition, i can almost imagine him runnin around on eldin bridge =]
THAT HAS ABSOLUTELY NO SUBSTANCE TO IT, THANK YOU.

You state that as if it's a common fact, and it's not. The only thing you have to base that on is pretty much a gut feeling. Please don't state things like that as universal truths.

Unless you're a part of the development team, you have no knowledge of which pokemon will or will not be playable in Brawl other than Pikachu. The end.

Sorry to be a total *** about this, but I can't stand it when people think their unfounded opinions must be facts just because they think them.

Black/Light

Smash Master
*Sigh* It's you again. . . .
I'm tempted to sig this, because it's so monumentally stupid. :laugh:
Smash Bros. is ALL ABOUT advertising.
Especially Pokemon.
Lucario is on an awful lot of promotional material. And that contributes to it being seen as a mascot for the 4th generation..
Do I have to re post my post about this again?
If anything I think we are all over thinking this with booster packs and marketing and what not. Heres the Melee polls for pokemon. . .

Pokémon
1. Mewtwo
2. Mew (-)
3. Ash (-)
4. Random Pokémon
5. Lugia (-)
6. Meowth (-)
7. Raichu
8. Maril (-)
8. Bulbasaur
8. Togepi (-)
( the last 3 where tied)

(-) = Marketable for either the anime or the 2nd gen. (Mew2 was suppose to be in SSB64 according to Sakurai so I left him out)

Really, I think it's in popularity and actually repping something ( Jpuff/ M2 where popular well Pichu reps baby pokemon from the 2nd gen).

~TILT~

Smash Journeyman
its cool that u were a **** bout it i dont mind

i think i have lots of "substance" to my comment, i mean think about it, super smash bros. was the first generation games (rby) then melee was 2nd gen (gsc) brawl should respectively then be 3rd gen (rse), i said they might put 4th gen characters as pokeballs but i really dont think theirs gonna be any 4th playable pokemon

the fact that legendaries from RSE have been announced just proves my point. although there are still alot of updates to go and a 4th gen legendary might be announced, until it is tho i stand by my comment

kaid

Smash Master
Actually, the last time you asked this I did reply. . . you just stopped posting after that.

To be trueful HOW am I suppose to know what pokemon is on every official w/e? From what I have seen on huge posters they have the legendary pokemon, the starter evols, electriver (sp) Munch and the 3 Mew look-a-likes (and Manphy(sp) in some places ). On the cheat book it's just the starters and the legendarys.

Booster packs. . . The 2 legendary pokemon/ Lucario/ Electr w-e/ the big scropion one/ Magmortal/ Garchomp/ the 3 mew rips and Toxicunk (sp)

But, as I said before, there were other pokemon used more to advertize than Pichu who where also hgiher on the melee polls yet they where not choosen.

And IDK what advertizement has to do with this :ohwell:.
That was the reason we did the big google search. People from different viewpoints contributed, so I presume it wasn't as biased as some posts have been (on both sides).

The cheat book has lucario in the front row, on the left side of he cover. The game store posters I remember had the starter trio on one side, and Lucario on the other.

As for advertizing... that's what a Mascot is! Pikachu is THE mascot of pokemon... and his face IS advertizement, whether there is words or not.

Black/Light

Smash Master
That was the reason we did the big google search. People from different viewpoints contributed, so I presume it wasn't as biased as some posts have been (on both sides).. . . .When was this?:ohwell:

The cheat book has lucario in the front row, on the left side of he cover. The only cheat book I saw had the 3 starters/ the legendary pokemon and Pika. . .heres one without pika
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/61ugR5p33WL.jpg and heres one for the Wii game http://images.jr.com/productimages/...=380,380&QLT=67&FTR=3&BGCOLOR=FFFFFF&CVT=jpeg . I think your talking about the pokedex with everything under the sun on it. .
The game store posters I remember had the starter trio on one side, and Lucario on the other. Well, we saw different posters

As for advertizing... that's what a Mascot is! Pikachu is THE mascot of pokemon... and his face IS advertizement, whether there is words or not.
On your last part. . . Pika IS the mascot of the WHOLE series as you said (might partly be because GF has a liking to the lighting element as seen with their sega platformer but w/e). But my point is that he was the ONLY one in melee used alot to advertize between the 4 of them.
Plus, not only is he that, he is also seen as the "main character" of the pokey world by many. He is amoung the elite mascots such as Mario and Sonic.
By all means he IS the sole rep of pokemon. . .the face of it if you will.

But what about the other 3?
Mew2-I don't remember seeing him advertized much. He was the only true villian of pokemon.
JPuff- Not advertized much but was popular in Japan. . . .almost asmuch as Pika.
Pichu- I just pointed out other 2nd gen pokemon that where used to advertize 2nd gen more than Pichu but he got in to be a easy rip of pika and because Raichu can't rep the 2nd gen.

For one to say that theres a clear pattern of pokemon being choosen because of advertizement would be a lie. Excluding the "face of pokemon" they have one thats the one true villian of the pokemon world, one thats the cute Japan popular pokemon and one that wasn't used too greatly to advertize the 2nd gen compared to others but was easy to make duo to being a clone well still effectively being a rep for new baby pokemon.

THATS what I mean't.

Sendo

Smash Rookie
I hope Meowth comes back with payday a la Smash 64.

Actually I just hope they keep the option to switch Audio to Japanese so I can hear all the new pokemon scream out hilarious names that I'm unfamiliar with. Nothing like hearing "HASSAN!" before Scizor rips you off the stage in Melee.

kaid

Smash Master
Let me clarify.

I'm not arguing Lucario should be in brawl because he's used for advertizing.

I'm arguing that he's used for advertizing more than any other 4th gen, and is therefore the 4th gen "mascot."

Black/Light

Smash Master
:laugh:
Funny, your "not saying he should be in because of his advertizement" yet your saying that "his advertizement makes him a "mascot". . . .and he should be in as a 4th gen "mascot" ".

You simply asked me what other pokemon are used for advertizement as much as Lucario and I listed the ones on the main, heavy hitter products. Like; booster packs, official cheat covers for the DS game, official cheat covers for the Wii game and posters that I have seen.

These are things that are used to "advertize" pokemon and I haven't actually seen Lucario "over shadow" very many pokemon in that area.

(And the 4th gen mascot title either lays with Munch (who was clearly used to introduce us to and advertize the 4th gen years ago), one of the spilt evol/gen 3rd stage pokemon (I see Rose evol/ Gallade/ Elec kids evol and Magmortal alot. They are a large part of the 4th gens new pokemon) or one of the new legendarys (alot of first time types this time around).
Lucario, much like Deoxy, was used to advertize his gen. . . but that doesn't make him "the 4th gen mascot")

kaid

Smash Master
Can you point to any time Deoxys was used to advertise? Most of the forum hadn't heard of him until they came to the pokemon discussion.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Deoxys has; lunch boxes with all the forms, plushies for each form, huge talking toys for each form, a movie and a anime special, huge booster pack thing ect ect .

And IDK what your point about people here not knowing about Deoxy was (which I find to be a incorrect statement seeing as the 2 most wanted pokemon before lucario came where Blaze and Deoxy here and everywhere else I went LONNG before now). He isn't one P&M lev of advertizement ( they have a crap load of stuff and where used to rep 2-on-2 battles which where new to that gen. They are the real 3rd gen mascots even if people think Deoxy was a mascot) but he has been used to advertize alot more than other reg pokemon.

edit:And I find it so ironic that you, a big Deoxy supporter back in the day, are now trying to downplay his exposure.

kaid

Smash Master
Deoxys has; lunch boxes with all the forms, plushies for each form, huge talking toys for each form, a movie and a anime special, huge booster pack thing ect ect .

And IDK what your point about people here not knowing about Deoxy was (which I find to be a incorrect statement seeing as the 2 most wanted pokemon before lucario came where Blaze and Deoxy here and everywhere else I went LONNG before now). He isn't one P&M lev of advertizement ( they have a crap load of stuff and where used to rep 2-on-2 battles which where new to that gen. They are the real 3rd gen mascots even if people think Deoxy was a mascot) but he has been used to advertize alot more than other reg pokemon.

edit:And I find it so ironic that you, a big Deoxy supporter back in the day, are now trying to downplay his exposure.
So, in short, Deoxys has everything Lucario had before he started getting popular. Sounds like that nightmare event pokemon... you know, the one hackers have told us about?

I get my information anectotally, through reading the various Deoxys and Deoxys vs X vote threads, in which "Deoxys is just a wannabe mewtwo" seems to be a reccuring theme... which brings me back to Deoxys being too much of a mewtwo replacement for brawl.

TheOnly

Smash Rookie
I would love to see Dragonite as a playable character :) It would be a lot of fun body slamming people and dragon's breathing them!

chansen

Smash Lord
The best is always the original and would have to be Blastoise. He's be easy to make a bowser clone. Plus hes a badass.

Hydro Pump FTW!

Black/Light

Smash Master
So, in short, Deoxys has everything Lucario had before he started getting popular.Actually, I think Deoxy had more than Lucario. But much like Lucario, he had a crap load of stuff going for him years before he was Smash popular. Lucario was known about from 2 years ago yet only one year ago did he even start to get his name out there. . . Sounds like that nightmare event pokemon... you know, the one hackers have told us about? Darkria

I get my information anectotally, through reading the various Deoxys and Deoxys vs X vote threads, Im guessing that "Deoxy V Lucario" thread. Yeah, like people here are going to not attack Deoxys when at this site Lucario is on top. . . in which "Deoxys is just a wannabe mewtwo" seems to be a reccuring theme... which brings me back to Deoxys being too much of a mewtwo replacement for brawl.
Funny, you had a completely different view back when you supported Deoxy :laugh::p.

I don't know about you but I read the nsider forums for this stuff seeing as this thread and maybe 2 others (Deoxy thread and Deoxy V Lucario thread) are the only places on this site to talking about him. People there rarely say he is a Mew2 replacement unless they WANT him to replace M2. And now that he aint going to be playable people finally choose to appect what I have been saying for the past year. . . .that it would be ret*rded to have them make 4 characters of the same character just to have him transform like they wha him to.

But point is that advertizement=/= a free pass into brawl. Deoxy most likely had WAYY more pokey crap than Lucario (who doesn't really have than much more pokey crap that other 4th gen pokemon) and people kept calling him the "3rd gen mascot" yet he got balled.

The true 3rd gen mascots are P&M who also happen to have a crap load of advertizement (More than both Lucario and Deoxy). . . but they actually rep something (Pokemon rangers/ 2-on-2 battles in RS) so they would be a prime choice to get in compared to Deoxy or even Lucario who are both pokemon used to advertize alot ( somewhat more than other pokemon) and are popular (here) yet don't really rep anything.

If it came down to a popularity contast than I would think that japan's picks would win like Jpuff did.

Top Bottom