• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Black/Light

Smash Master
You still havn't come up with a counterargument for my evidence that Nintendo intends Lucario to be the mascot of D/P.
Actually, if I remember correctly, I named other pokemon ( Like Electivire (sp) ) who are also on booster packs, posters and what not.

And than I showed that being used alot to advertize =/= get into ssb free card for the pokemon world.

(Oh, and that lil bit about Lucario getting more devlopment in his movie han any other pokemon in the history of the anime is complete BS. . .)

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Well a couple of days ago I posted I didn't really know that much about pokemon and just used wikipedia to check what I thought brawl-worthy. Now things are completely different, I've downloaded the 9 movies and a gba-emulator with firered, ruby, sapphire and I nearly completed ruby (got past 3 of the elite 4), got quite far in firered and watched all the movies. Basically, my week was dedicated to pokemon.

Also, to comfort those that are about to go "omg illegal downloading is stealing", it's basically because of this (and the lack of a good emulator) that I decided to buy pokemon Diamond for the NDS. And a NDS as well. :)... although the last from ebay, but still. Obviously I've been wanting a NDS for longer and I wanted Metroid: Hunters with it for sure, as well as some other games, but the addition of Pearl to my wanted list sure did help making the purchase and it's adding a +1 to the sale rates for Pearl (so it's about 100 trilzillian+ 1).

Back on-topic, I now know all pokemon from the wikipedia pokemon list, seen all movies and nearly finished ruby and firered games so I'm ready to say: I think Lucario has the best change, Blaziken would be coolest, Deoxys is very strange, Meowth is getting old, Team Rocket/ Aqua / Magma / Galazy / Whatever is LAME! and Mewtwo has to stay, as he is sort of an baddy in the first movie, where he sounds rather powerful and has a great voice which makes him fit the SSB scenario quite well (as we have Pickachu as well). Also, I really can't figure out why they added Pichu, I always thought it'ld be some anime/movie/pokemon games thing, but I have absolutely no idea.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Pichu brothers were in a couple of Pikachu shorts, plus he made a cameo in the 4th movie and probably a couple in the anime. He was used for marketing when the 2nd generation first came out.

After watching the Japanese version of the First Movie, I have to say Mewtwo had as much development, if not more, than Lucario. Mewtwo's Origin showed why he had so much sadness and questions. He communicated with the clone of Dr. Fuji's daughter, who taught him about life (Dr. Fuji's daughter died in a car crash, so he wanted to bring her back). She also introduced him to clones of the 3 Kanto starters. The other clones became unstable and they faded away (as in they died). Mewtwo became sad, and he still had questions, so his mind went unstable from sadness. The scientists gave lots of doses of drugs to make him forget what happened. Then basically he questions his existance, gets mad at Giovanni for using him, and tries to wipe out humans for causing so much pain because he felt all humans were bad. Of course, he changed after he saw what Ash did.

Mewtwo should return because he's a unique Pokemon (as in one of a kind). Canonically there should only be one of him. That's one of the things that separate him from most Pokemon.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I agree with Mewtwomaster2002 but I would also like to look at Char as a example as well.

Char started off as a weak base stage that got beat up on by his trainer. Once he got with Ash he became happy and stronger. But once he evoled he felt Ash was too weak of a trainer for him and didn't listen to him. Fast forward a bit and he still doesn't listen to Ash when he is fully evolved. It took Ash saving him once he almost died (or was "very sick" from that ice beam battle or w/e) to turn him around into a team player.

And even after that once he got to the vill of Char (forgot how to spell the name) he saw just how weak he was compared to the other wild char and wanted to stay there to become stronger in a touching, tear jerking moment. That moment gave us a lil throw back to how he use to be. . . before Ash got him (so did that ice beam battle thing).

All Lucario did was regain his trust in humans which he actually had before Aaron sealed him up :ohwell:.

Oh and eres why I think Pichu was added . . .
"1. Melee was rushed so they where strapped for time. In order to get in the most that they could they made (you guessed it) clones. And because of this they did this the following. . .

2. The main character from each of the top 3 series got cloned because they are the most popular from those series. The only logical chioces for pokemon was either Raichu or Pichu and of the 2 Pichu was the only one that could rep the 2nd gen by being a baby.(Yes, Rai did end up on the melee polls well Pichu didn't. . ) "

wilderman2313

Smash Cadet
pokemon

yeah... who would really want more pokemen in the game. I say they should just keep pikachu and jigglypuff. They really shouldnt put pokemon in it. they arent really that great anyways.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
HAH!!! I KNEW HE WOULDN'T BE PLAYABLE!!! I was upset that he can't change forms though =[. At least he shows up in Attack form and uses Hyperbeam.

WIND SMASHER X

Smash Cadet
I saw Deoxys and was like ok thats pretty cool then I scroll down and it says hes a pokeball pokemon I was like well ****.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
yeah i hope Lucario gets in. from the begining i knew that thing wasnt going to make it.

GeneralGore

Smash Rookie
I think Lucario could be in brawl. He's not that large and is a fighting type pokemon, so he has a lot of possible moves already.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well... I guess arguing about Pokemon just became a little easier.

Also, boosted chances for Gardevoir anyone?

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai is very mean.
Gah!
I now feel the need to support Gardevoir for Brawl. Because Deoxys was all that was keeping me from it. Now, Blaziken seems more likely, at least, to the rancid balziken luvrs.
But there ARE alternatives.
Gardevoir.
Plusle&Minun
Kecleon (*shot*)

Will think of more later.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'm thinking Mewtwo should return. I'm not sure about Jigglypuff because it was in the first two smash games, but we don't really see Jigglypuff in the anime anymore nor do we hear of it much out of smash. Pichu is probably not returning because of Volt Tackle going to Pikachu >:(.

I don't have to think of Deoxys anymore thanks to the update. We'll have to wait until Sakurai tells us more though. I really don't feel like talking about Lucario, and I'm thinking Blaziken will be in a Pokeball.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Sakurai is very mean.
Gah!
I now feel the need to support Gardevoir for Brawl. Because Deoxys was all that was keeping me from it. Now, Blaziken seems more likely, at least, to the rancid balziken luvrs.
But there ARE alternatives.
Gardevoir.
Plusle&Minun
Kecleon (*shot*)

Will think of more later.
I agree with your post for the most part.
(No f**8ing Kecleon. . )

I use to support him til I saw that it would be way to hard to make him how people wanted him (4 forms). . .

Now I feel alil sad. . . he looks fun as hell in full brawl 3d.
Oh well, this just made my other picks have better chances (Go Blaze/ Gard/ P&M!!!!):p

Black/Light

Smash Master
Oh, just wanted to point something out. . .

"Now, this one is popular."

I fond it REALLY odd that he started out commenting on how popular he was. Sakurai knew **** well that Deoxy was popular. . . and he still shifted him to the ball.

Interesting. . .

WIND SMASHER X

Smash Cadet

I fond it REALLY own that he started out commenting on how popular he was. Sakurai knew **** well that Deoxy was popular. . . and he still shifted him to the ball.

Interesting. . .

That made me lol so hard when he said that I was like wtf

Speaking of it would be pretty funny if all the popular pokemon wound up in pokeballs and Metapod and Kakuna represented pokemon loooool.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
That's because it would be too hard to balance Deoxys without limiting him to one form, which would still make people angry.

Did anyone notice the purple fog around him in the first two pics? What is that for? Is it because he's just special enough to get purple fog, an effect from being in space, or he can change forms? You can see the purple fog in front of his legs in the first pic too so I know it's not part of the background.

Edit: Lucario has the same chance as before. Just because Deoxys is in a Pokeball, it does not mean Lucario's chances of being playable increases.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Actually, the chances for every non-Pokeball Pokemon just increased a wee bit. :p
and they do actually affect each other. This instance provides an indication of what Sakurai's aiming for, and there's the issue of variety... I think Gardevoir's chances got increased a little.

And the purple haze means that Deoxys is sweating win.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it

I fond it REALLY odd that he started out commenting on how popular he was. Sakurai knew **** well that Deoxy was popular. . . and he still shifted him to the ball.

Interesting. . .
That's because it would be too hard to balance Deoxys without limiting him to one form, which would still make people angry.
Very true, you can see what happened to Zelda with the transform thing, it sorta kept the character back a little, if you have Deoxy needing most of his specials to transform, he'd be very hard to play and either compeletely useless, or only used in one form with a very simple combo being spammed over and over again (think an attack form with a overpowered f-air, then he'd be used just for that and in no other form anyway).

As to Sakurai stating him being popular, I think that means he has looked into making him playable but didn't think it would work. Also, this made me think both Lucario and Blaziken will be playable, as he surely will have tried those as well then and I think both would be very well playable and have the potential to become popular among people outside of the pokemon franchise, like what Marth and Roy did to Fire Emblem (well, a lot less drastic).

And about the purple fog, it does make him look like a space pokemon and I think that is what it is there for, as they have stars and blue, rectangle lighting which is mostly used in scifi themes.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I don't think they would add Pokemon basing mostly on popularity now. Deoxys was popular, but he's in a Pokeball. Therefore there should be other reasons we need to support characters besides popularity.

I think Gardevoir has less chance than say Lucario. Gardevoir didn't really have an important role besides being Wally's starter in R/S/E. I don't support Lucario, and I don't care whether he becomes playable or not. If he makes any kind of appearance, I hope to see Aura Sphere.

How does Deoxys becoming a Pokeball character increase the chance of anyone exactly?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Of course there are other reasons. On the other hand, I'm not sure whether Deoxys was THAT popular.

Of course Gardevoir has less of a chance, but that doesn't mean much. Lucario WILL probably be in, unless it really is an issue that he came too late, which I strongly doubt.
Also, Gardevoir had possibly the most important role in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. That's not exactly the entry fee to Brawl, but still quite a role.

And, well, variety.
Some argued that having THREE Psychic Pokemon in the game would be far too many ( which would be the case if Mewtwo, Deoxys and Gardevoir made it ). Of course they seem very different and could have different movesets, but it's still kind of an issue.
Not the hottest argument in existence, but yeah.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Of course there are other reasons. On the other hand, I'm not sure whether Deoxys was THAT popular.

Of course Gardevoir has less of a chance, but that doesn't mean much. Lucario WILL probably be in, unless it really is an issue that he came too late, which I strongly doubt.
Also, Gardevoir had possibly the most important role in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. That's not exactly the entry fee to Brawl, but still quite a role.

And, well, variety.
Some argued that having THREE Psychic Pokemon in the game would be far too many ( which would be the case if Mewtwo, Deoxys and Gardevoir made it ). Of course they seem very different and could have different movesets, but it's still kind of an issue.
Not the hottest argument in existence, but yeah.
You forgot Lucario: "Now this one is popular", Ridley: "Now this one is popular", Diddy Kong: "Now this one is popular", King Dedede:"Now this one is popular", etc. That was the most retarted reasoning I've ever heard of Sakurai say. My confidence in him to make Brawl what I had hoped just dropped, due to neglect towards fanbase.

Just as long as Pokemon has 5 reps, I'm good. :)

Shuma

Smash Hero
I guess Sakurai thinks like this:

"This one is A popular POKEMON".

Not a popular Character, unlike Ridley, Diddy Kong and King Dedede who are VERY popular choices for BRawl.

Jet_Kirby

Smash Cadet
I guess Sakurai thinks like this:

"This one is A popular POKEMON".

Not a popular Character, unlike Ridley, Diddy Kong and King Dedede who are VERY popular choices for BRawl.
Yeah, looks like Sakurai is trying to shove more pokes into Brawl.
I'm all for Lucario, he could fit in at least pretty well.
But that's basically where I draw the line, there's already alot of pokes in the game without the pokeballs being included and they're even adding more of those.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, looks like Sakurai is trying to shove more pokes into Brawl.
I'm all for Lucario, he could fit in at least pretty well.
But that's basically where I draw the line, there's already alot of pokes in the game without the pokeballs being included and they're even adding more of those.
I just made a bet on Lucario...if I lose I have to but someone Brawl, and if I win, he has to do the same for me. HEHE, like my chances! :)

Fawriel

Smash Master
If I were you, John, I'd get the bet down on paper, as a contract, with his signature and yours, so you can actually sue him if he doesn't keep the bet. Seriously, that's one hell of a prize.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If I were you, John, I'd get the bet down on paper, as a contract, with his signature and yours, so you can actually sue him if he doesn't keep the bet. Seriously, that's one hell of a prize.
Nah, I just threatened to spam the hell out of him, and him to do the opposite. Go to smashboards.com thread, it's all there...

@ silver
You have it on one topic, enough!

Edit: 1st post on page 150...HEHEHE! :)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
lol i put it accident:dizzy:
ahh....anyways, I got the whole bet thing down on the smashbros.com thread. I win, he buys my Brawl game, and has a pro-Lucario sig saying "Johnknight1 pwned me like the n00b I AM!". If the oppposite happens by Brawl being 3 days away from release and no announced Lucario, or if he's confirmed as a NPC, then I have to do all that. HEHE, well I'm gone, c'ya all later! :)

-Johnknight1!

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
ahh....anyways, I got the whole bet thing down on the smashbros.com thread. I win, he buys my Brawl game, and has a pro-Lucario sig saying "Johnknight1 pwned me like the n00b I AM!". If the oppposite happens by Brawl being 3 days away from release and no announced Lucario, or if he's confirmed as a NPC, then I have to do all that. HEHE, well I'm gone, c'ya all later! :)

-Johnknight1!
wow thats cool!!

i'll do that with my friend!!:laugh:

Top Bottom