• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

kaid

Smash Master
"Lucario is a mascot for the 4th gen" Not really. Theres others. . .many others at that that could rep the 4th gen logically.
Yet when we did that big information search, Lucario was the one that turned up in ALL the Pokemon paraphenalia.

He appeared in both manual versions.
He was one of two non-legendarys that appeared on the booster packs of the card game.
He appeared on gamestore "Pokemon sold here!" signs, along with starter trios.
And he had a movie in which he received more character development than any other non-legendary, barring Pikachu himself, in the entire Anime series.

Sandrock

Smash Rookie
I want a Sandshrew / Sandslash so bad XD to play as no silly pokemon ball.

But...with that in mind...its not likely...Meowth has a better chance as a villan for Pikachu....

Deoxys since hes a "Boss/hidden" kind of pokemon...and probly one or two others.

The Hitmonlee/chan ones are easy to make and are fighting types as well...also I do like Scizor a lot...I made my vote but I dont think he will make even the Pokeball.

~TILT~

Smash Journeyman
my guess is blaziken because the first smash bros. was the rby generation then melee was gsc, and i doubt they will skip the entire rse generation just to go with the 4th gen d/p pokemon...

most likely youll see 1 to 3 d/p pokemon and more rse beasties, i mean if groudon is just now making it to brawl as one of the pokeball pokemon how can u expect darkrai and lucario to make it to the pokeball let alone a usable character

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Yet when we did that big information search, Lucario was the one that turned up in ALL the Pokemon paraphenalia.

He was one of two non-legendarys that appeared on the booster packs of the card game.
And he had a movie in which he received more character development than any other non-legendary, barring Pikachu himself, in the entire Anime series.
QFT

Also, he has hadokens.

...Just sayin'.

Caael

Smash Lord
Lukey Boi for Brawl. He pretty much is a shoe-in. He's the only non-legendary aside from Pikachu, that has got a movie all to himself.

I doubt any 3rd gen starters are going to make it as playable, or any starters for that matter, because if you include 1, you have to include the other 2.

Meowth has always been the villainous pokemon, so he deserves a spot ( though I doubt he will make it, unfortunately)

Deoxys may or may not have a movie, cant remember, but I like him because he could have such a unique moveset.

Sandrock

Smash Rookie
Deoxys is that alien Pokemon. And he has 3 different forms to pick from right? Probity B-down would be his defense form...I think he has a special so that would be B-forward perhaps...if he has a speed form that would be B-up and normal B would be his normal form. Those would be the B moves...all the different forms he has. What they do...um I dont know.

Also the older Pokemon might make the spot. The reason is because people would have continue to seen them over and over. In anycase...they probly will add a few pokemon from each gen time line to the pokeball list...and I would guess maybe 3 new pokemon fighters this time. Last time it was 2 more right? I think they will really push how many players you can play...I hope.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Lucario doesn't stand out to me as a pokemon in general; I seem to be in the minority with this view (although I'm basing this solely on my experience playing Diamond so far. I haven't seen this movie that he's in). That said, I understand how popular he is for whatever reason that may be. He IS a fighting pokemon, he's got some Smash-worthy attacks from what I've seen, and he seems to almost parallel Pikachu's popularity at this point. Seems like the best choice to me.

I don't see the draw to Blaziken at all. I agree with Caael about the starter pokemon logic. How can you include one starter as a playable character without including it's 2 counterparts from it's game? What makes Blaziken more deserving than the others?

Meowth seems like a logical choice. In the games he's basically just another throw-away pokemon, but let's be honest—the anime counts. Otherwise, Pikachu would be no more fitting for a spot in Smash than anyone else, right? That said, I'm sure if Sakurai and the gang cared about that at all, Meowth would've been in Jigg's spot in the first Smash. I see Meowth as officially shunned at this point.

And Deoxys. Not to be superficial, but ****. What a hideous pokemon. I don't mean that in a "gross" or "scary" way. I just mean it's a BADLY thought out character model. It boggles my mind to this day how a character designer over at Pokemon HQ ever drew that and said "Yeah...good enough. Legendary even!" This is all, of course, in my humble opinion though.

That said, I see why people want Deoxys. It's one of the few legendaries that has enough human-like characteristics to be a playable character. Still, I'd much prefer Lucario. than anyone else.

And I'm sure this has all been said 23948239874 other times among the 145 pages of this thread, but I felt the need to share.

Caael

Smash Lord
^^^
Exactly.

I'm hoping that they put Lucario, Deoxys and Meowth in. In that order of importance.

Pichu and Mewtwo sucked. How was Pichu any different to Pika, apart from the fact that Pichu was suicidal?

Did Deoxys have a film? Did he even appear in the anime? The only reason I like him is because he could have such an original moveset.

Example:
B: Default form- Average jump, attack, speed and knockback
B^: Speed form- High jump, high speed, high knockback, low attack
B>: Attack form- Average jump, average speed, high attack, high knockback
Bv: Defense form- Low jump, low speed, high attack, low knockback

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
^^^
Exactly.

I'm hoping that they put Lucario, Deoxys and Meowth in. In that order of importance.

Pichu and Mewtwo sucked. How was Pichu any different to Pika, apart from the fact that Pichu was suicidal?

Did Deoxys have a film? Did he even appear in the anime? The only reason I like him is because he could have such an original moveset.

Example:
B: Default form- Average jump, attack, speed and knockback
B^: Speed form- High jump, high speed, high knockback, low attack
B>: Attack form- Average jump, average speed, high attack, high knockback
Bv: Defense form- Low jump, low speed, high attack, low knockback
Deoxys starred in the 7th movie and had an hour long anime special.

Trigger34

Smash Rookie
I picked Lucario because 1 hes a fighting type and 2 because hes freakin awesome. . . . . . thats just my personal opinion though.O.K. ill admit hes got some awesome moves and i thimk hed be better than the others because they are either like someone else or they can fly or somethin that gives them an advantage, but Lucario is a fighting type, thats why i voted for him

Black/Light

Smash Master
Ah, anecdotal evidence. The best kind. If it worked for Reagan, it can work for anyone.
Anyhoo, Lopunny ain't logical, but since you won't accept any arguments contrary to your 'Lopunny must be in Brawl because it's cool" position, arguing with you is like arguing with a brick wall. Which is no fun. So I'm not gonna do it any longer. In conclusion, Meowth for Brawl. Suckafoo.
Darkrai has very little chance, too, but unlike Lopunny, it's actually sorta awesome.
Yeah, this poll needs to be remade with 4th gen options.
. . . . Funny how you seem to think that I was argueing for Lopunny this whole time:ohwell:. . . . I could have sworn this was about Lucario.

Of, and who the hell are you to say w/e and so-and-so have lil chance?

Micahc

Smash Ace
i picked blaziken. my favorite 3rd gen pokemon, and would make an excellent fighter. his moveset wouldnt be hard at all to come up with either. hes my first choice, lucario 2nd. why is meowth so popular (4th on the polls) what the hell could he do?
What the hell could Blaziken do? All his moves fans are screaming for just sound like Captain Falcon rip offs.

Black/Light

Smash Master
What the hell could Blaziken do? All his moves fans are screaming for just sound like Captain Falcon rip offs.
I could hook you up with MY move-set ideas. . . they sound nothing like CF:p.

Oh, and another point for Darkrai I just fond out. I WAS right when I said people knew about Darkrai a whole year ago! Because I just fond out that they aways show a trailer for the next movie at the end of the latest movie (they just showed movie 11 trailer at the end of movie 10 in Japan).

So Darkrai FTW once again!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
When they first showed the trailer, it only had Dialga and Palkia. They didn't add Darkrai into the movie until later -_-'. People knew about Darkrai because of hackers.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well than I reframe from going any further with that stance!:mad:

But I will still stand by my stance that if theres any more movie star pokemon added other than Mew2 than I think it should be the newest (Darkrai).:p

kaid

Smash Master
Well than I reframe from going any further with that stance!:mad:

But I will still stand by my stance that if theres any more movie star pokemon added other than Mew2 than I think it should be the newest (Darkrai).:p
You still havn't come up with a counterargument for my evidence that Nintendo intends Lucario to be the mascot of D/P.

Wrath`

Smash Master
You still havn't come up with a counterargument for my evidence that Nintendo intends Lucario to be the mascot of D/P.
Have you any true proof that nintendo has said lucario is the 4th gen rep? i say dialga/palkia are the reps as of now

kaid

Smash Master

Circumstantial evidence. Can you come up with any other character who can match that, while still being a reasonable playable character?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Even though pokemon started out as a game, I think the characters should be based on the show story line for this reason i think meowth. Plus his movelist wouldn't be that bad. But then again meowth would be one of those characters everyone would hate (like pichu) so for that reason i choose a differant pokemon! may i suggest Nidoking? He would be wiked strong and who doesn't like nidoking?? Then again meowth is pretty gnarlly, well i do change my mind alot. Consider nidoking plz he's awesome :)

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
A pokemon that looks like it could fight would obvioiusly be needed. Therefore Blaziken and Scizor/Scyther would be my top two choices.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
What's the evolved form of Ralts? Whatever that is... that. It seems to follow the "humanoid" structure of fighters... arms, legs, body, etc. And it's somewhat psychic, if I'm not mistaken. But that's a slim chance, anyway.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Instead of multiple new pokemon, they should just have a way to evolve pikachu and jigglypuff, and add more pokemon that are evolve-able. But I think that they could easily make an entire version of smash that only used pokemon as characters and alot of people would but it.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Instead of multiple new pokemon, they should just have a way to evolve pikachu and jigglypuff, and add more pokemon that are evolve-able. But I think that they could easily make an entire version of smash that only used pokemon as characters and alot of people would but it.
Although I LOVE Raichu, I'd say evolving Pikachu is a bad idea. You're essentially talking about removing the most popular pokémon ever.

...............DRIFBLIM FOR BRAWL!!!!11!!1one!

Fawriel

Smash Master
What's the evolved form of Ralts? Whatever that is... that. It seems to follow the "humanoid" structure of fighters... arms, legs, body, etc. And it's somewhat psychic, if I'm not mistaken. But that's a slim chance, anyway.
*points at his sig*

Micahc

Smash Ace
If they're hard to pronounce, they do not belong.
If you can't pronounce it...

Actually I can't think of anything, you should be able to pronounce it. Unless you have some heavy Indian or Asian accent, in which case, my bad.

Top Bottom