• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Maybe Muuna was designed way back when, or maybe they just put that text in the game, looked back on it recently and decided, "hey let's make that Pokémon."

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Lol Munna. Looks stupid to me though

And most of the information in the facebook page can be deduced anyways.

We all know by speculation that the chinchilla will evolve in it's teens and the pidgeon will evolve just like Pidgey/Starly

I would've prefered a new... common bird pokemon that is more like Hoot-Hoot's awesomeness.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I want parrot and flamingo families. Two stages are fine for each.

Grass/Flying and Water/Flying, why not. Grass/Flying would be neat for a Parrot because: a) they're tropical, and b) leaves would work well as substitutes for their feathers.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I want parrot and flamingo families. Two stages are fine for each.

Grass/Flying and Water/Flying, why not. Grass/Flying would be neat for a Parrot because: a) they're tropical, and b) leaves would work well as substitutes for their feathers.
We already have Chatot

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I feel bad because I'll be the first here searching the net for Zoroark >.>

I'll make sure to breed and share tons of Zorua (or pre-evo them into Zoroark if requested) when I DO get my hands on them.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Zoroark probably will be breedable, the way manaphy was maybe, or just regularly. It would be horribly depressing if you couldn't breed it :p

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Anyone think he will be in ubers or OU? I thought OU but I'm leaning more towards ubers, if they give him really high speed/attack.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
It's unknown how Zoroark's ability works outside of the event. When you trade over the Crown beasts, Zoroark's illusion ability will act like this:

If you battle it with Entei, Zoroark will become Suicune.
Raikou -> Entei
Suicune -> Raikou

Happens in the event only.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So that what the Crown Beasts are. That is a weird event, to say the least. Hm... it'd be cool if he made OU, I'd use him >_>

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
If his ability ONLY worked in event, he'd have one of the most useless abilities ever. XD

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
it would also suck if his ability is great but he lacked the stats to be any good.
This is true as well. Pessimism is fun! I actually feel confident about the legendaries, and I'm hoping the pseudo-legend is an improvement from GenIV.

Dragon.
Dark/Rock Beast (best one)
Dragon and a Metal Spider
Shark Dragon

It seems as if only Gen 2 and 3 broke the mold, and 3 only did it with the second one. No more dragons...please. I love Dragons but stop D:

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I have a feeling that Zoroark will be sort of like Lucario, especially since it has the pre-evo, and their in a similar general style. The difference would be typing, availability, ability, and higher sp. attack instead of higher attack.

Foxhound_Joshua

Smash Apprentice
I have a feeling that Zoroark will be sort of like Lucario, especially since it has the pre-evo, and their in a similar general style. The difference would be typing, availability, ability, and higher sp. attack instead of higher attack.
I totally agree with this. Zoroark will be OU for sure, IMHO.

Btw, hi everyone. I'm new to the Poke Center, and fairly new to Smash Boards.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Btw, hi everyone. I'm new to the Poke Center, and fairly new to Smash Boards.
Welcome, then, new guy. We hope you'll enjoy your time here. ;)

Why are we all thinking that Zoroark's definitely going to be OU? Looking cool =/= being good competitively. Charizard looks cool, but it's in NU. Just like Milotic, Slowbro, Spiritomb, Houndoom...

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
His ability, and his attack that gives +1 Attack +1 Accuracy can turn out more useful than we think. Ex. Dragon Rush.

Welcome aboard the PokeCenter, Joshua! I'm Tery. :)

Foxhound_Joshua

Smash Apprentice
Welcome, then, new guy. We hope you'll enjoy your time here. ;)

Why are we all thinking that Zoroark's definitely going to be OU? Looking cool =/= being good competitively. Charizard looks cool, but it's in NU. Just like Milotic, Slowbro, Spiritomb, Houndoom...
First, thanks.

And second, you're right. Just look at Absol. Very cool looking Poke, but UU. It's good, but not great. Zoroark would have to bring something excellent to the table to be on par with the OU Dark types.

@Tery Thank you, nice to meet you! :D

EDIT: Yeah, I do believe Sharpen Claws (was that it?) will open doors for other Pokes to use high power / low acc moves like Stone Edge, Dragon Rush, and even Meteor Mash.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Look, on Zoroark's tier, I believe that GF will want to screw him up so much he'll end up in NU, or even worse, NFE
You do realize game freak has no care what so ever for competitive pokemon and they don't make pokemon to put them in specific tiers that the competitive community has made. Their interest is to make a game that is enjoyable to play, that is all they want.

Oh, and welcome foxhound :)

M.K

Level 55
What zrky means is that GF does not design Pokemon to be good/bad/viable/unviable based on the competitive nature of the game.
Thus, all of you claiming that GF will "screw Zoroark" are laughable.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Tell that to Garchomp.

They SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED that thing to be an extremely powerful Dragon.

Actually, tell that to all the Psedolegends.

Also, make sure to tell all of the early-game bugs.

They design Pokemon meant to be good. They design others to be molten piles of crap, and they make it obvious.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Welcome Foxhound, hope you find the boards awesome.

Machamps are going to love pulverizing Zoruaks, unless it uses Illusion to be Alakazam or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom