• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Claw Sharpen raises Accuracy, Rockem.

Zoroark comes in as Blissey/Skarmory on a sweeper (both of which are SR neutral), forces a switch-out, boosts up, and rips stuff apart.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Zoroark's ability wouldn't affect my current team. Weavile with Fake Out, Taunt, Counter and Night Slash as an anti-lead.

It probably wouldn't affect that much people I think.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Zook's to good to need to be referenced. Anyways.

Imagine your "Salamence" manages to take out its counter before dying of Life Orb recoil. Your opponent is content until several turns later you bring out your Salamence. :)
Too bad Salamence is a suspect now. LOL.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
What about switching your Mence into SR and it does 12% Damage? :/

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Maybe Stealth Rock just ain't up yet or was spun away already. After all, it's practically necessary to have Mence with a Spinner so it doesn't constantly wipe itself out with SR and LO damage.

Attacking him with an Ice-type move would probably be a bigger indicator, IMO.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I use Mence all the time without spinners.

All he needs to do is kill something and he's done his job, so he doesn't need to have a lot of survivability.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
A lot of people think they can use Zong as setup bait since a lot of Zongs are used for support and very little offense.

Not something I would risk though.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If they make a pokemon even more broken than wobbuffet, I swear... >.>

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I want an item that reduces the damage you receive from entry hazards.
I want an item that can change your type to normal (for Trick shenanigans)
I want an item that switches your special defense with your special attack (hello Gallade)

Mewter

Smash Master
Those sound cool.

How about an attack that reduces a stat in order to recover HP?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well at least they let you switch out on Wob now if you have Wob out, though it sucks when the only pokemon left are Wobbuffets... ****, now THAT'S a hell of a stalling match :laugh:

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
To be honest, the only pokemon I'm dying to be usable is Mawile
I do however want the item I listed, and instantly thought of how Gallade would be usable because of the immense Theorymon I've been playing with him. It would also be wonderful for Trick users to stop Blissey.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I have a good feeling it'll get an evo... Mawile I mean.

GOD I love how LO Starmie's Hydro Pump almost always OHKOs Magnezone with full health... SUCH a good feeling. :)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
If you give them Explosion, there would be a chance that Scyther could learn it ya know. Imagine Choice Band Scizor running around with Explosion.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Explosion means that CB Scizor will get even MORE ***** by Rotom.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Explosion means that CB Scizor will get even MORE ***** by Rotom.
Giving Scizor Explosion would make it too unpredictable, and too many physical walls that should be able to take it 1 on 1 (like Hippowdon) now find themselves in a really rough position.

Plus, we already have enough annoying appliances running around. We don't need to make them mandatory on every team.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It means nothing on CB Scizor, considering you could completely waste a good Scizor with it.

LO Scizor would skyrocket in usage though.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Everything in Plat made its way into HGSS, and there's nothing stopping Nintendo from making the formes compatible with new games, all you need to do is include their sprites/items/etc and they work.

I see all the new formes getting into Gen V

M.K

Level 55
I don't know if it's been reported yet, but "Encourage", Hihidaruma's ability, is an ability that strengthens all attacks of the Pokemon, but negates any possibility of secondary effects.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I don't know if it's been reported yet, but "Encourage", Hihidaruma's ability, is an ability that strengthens all attacks of the Pokemon, but negates any possibility of secondary effects.
(This is the ape right?)

If it doesn't learn Will-o-wisp, I see it being useless, or at least less useful

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
(This is the ape right?)

If it doesn't learn Will-o-wisp, I see it being useless, or at least less useful
No, Will-o-wisp will still work because it's main effect is to burn.

Moves like Lava Plume and Flamethrower will be more powerful under this ability, but lose the secondary effect to burn the opponent. That's what Encourage does.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
No, Will-o-wisp will still work because it's main effect is to burn.

Moves like Lava Plume and Flamethrower will be more powerful under this ability, but lose the secondary effect to burn the opponent. That's what Encourage does.
That's what I was trying to say.

Not all people use will-o-wisp on their pokemon relying on the secondary effect that the other attacks bring. I see people are gonna start using Will-o-wisp more on the ape thing considering that all the other fire attacks lose their secondary effect.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
I see what you're saying, but I'd rather go for higher damage than a chance to burn; the only good thing about burning is lowered ATK plus gradually HP decrease, and smart people will switch out anyway, so why not go for the KO?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I see what you're saying, but I'd rather go for higher damage than a chance to burn; the only good thing about burning is lowered ATK plus gradually HP decrease, and smart people will switch out anyway, so why not go for the KO?
Yeah, but it's not like it's gonna come back anyways.

Anyways, I can see Will-O-Wisp on a lot of sets on the ape

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
Yeah, me too.

Maybe some of the earlier generations will have Encourage. Can't imagine who, though. Any thoughts as to who may likely get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom