• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, me too.

Maybe some of the earlier generations will have Encourage. Can't imagine who, though. Any thoughts as to who may likely get it?
I dunno, list the little pokemon that have single abilities that aren't walls who rely on SR, Spikes, Toxic, Toxic Spikes, etc.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
I dunno, list the little pokemon that have single abilities that aren't walls who rely on SR, Spikes, Toxic, Toxic Spikes, etc.
Sarcasm, my old friend! :laugh: jk

Well, I flipped through my Ultimate National Pokedex player's guide, and found that Seedot family, Whismur family, Surskit family, Exeggcute family, Magmar and Electabuzz families (though they could learn TurboBlaze and Terravoltage respectively), and Jigglypuff family are good candidates. :psycho::psycho: Need...rest...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I see Overheat, Flare Blitz/maybe Double Edge, Focus Punch/Close Combat or maybe Hammer Arm being in the monkey's moveset. I figured 2-turn moves don't fall into the secondary effect clause, but they would be good too.

The latter and recoil moves seem like a stretch, though.

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
Man, I'd hate to be a downer and I'm honestly a big Pokemon fanbo but these new Pokemon look pretty lame.

Nevertheless, still can't wait for the new games to come out.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
People generally aren't hoping for Heatran to score burns with Flamethrower and Fire Blast, they want him to incinerate things. Besides, Burn is only useful against physical sweepers, and there is no way of telling whether or not the next gen's metagame will be physical or special dominant.

Burns are situtational, damage is universal.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
While this is looking a bit far ahead, I'd like to state this.

An article stated (too lazy to link, check 3DS thread) that the 3DS carts have 2GB of storage. This storage capacity means it can contain every single Generations I-V game (even duplicates) with tons of room to spare, even if all 3 Gen V games max out the DS to 256 MB games. If dupes are removed from the calculations, then potentially SIX TO SEVEN GENERATIONS OF POKEMON COULD BE STORED ON A SINGLE CART, REGIONS, GYMS, NPCS, EVERYTHING.

I see significantly larger regions, and the ability to visit other regions a lot more commonly coming up in future games.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
While this is looking a bit far ahead, I'd like to state this.

An article stated (too lazy to link, check 3DS thread) that the 3DS carts have 2BG of storage. This storage capacity means it can contain every single Generations I-V game (even duplicates) with tons of room to spare, even if all 3 Gen V games max out the DS to 256 MB games. If dupes are removed from the calculations, then potentially SIX TO SEVEN GENERATIONS OF POKEMON COULD BE STORED ON A SINGLE CART, REGIONS, GYMS, NPCS, EVERYTHING.

I see significantly larger regions, and the ability to visit other regions a lot more commonly coming up in future games.
...You just blew my mind.

Now if they stick with the same type of game style and don't try to seriously expand it on 3DS...I'm going to be VERY disappointed.

M.K

Level 55
Yeah, and GameFreak said that Platinum only used half of a normal DS cartridge and HG/SS used more, but still not the entire thing.....so I really don't think that just because NOW that they have the space (like they did in the past) that they'll add things just to increase the space used.
Nonetheless, I totally agree, if the 3DS Games/Remakes aren't choc full of goodies, I'm going to violate a Psyduck with a pitchfork.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I would like to see them keep the same basic styles for everything, but use new ways to visualize things in the games, such as in the cities they are zooming in and out. I would be perfectly happy with that, or maybe have the new region connect to one of the older regions *cough* 3rd gen!*cough* with the extra space.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I was gonna' offer my own example to majora's earlier dire predictions (eventually) by pointing out how many sprites that're used in the PMD games (somewhere in the region of forty sprites per Pokemon), but Ulti obviously shot that one in the face and flung it into hell, lol.

I'd like to see some flexing of the 3DS's muscle in their games, too. What they'd have to add to fill all 2GB worth of memory is kinda beyond me, though.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
BTW, the Shadow Pokemon games were 1GB each.

Imagine what they can do with double that.

Ironically enough, this is a small leap as compared to GBA -> DS, the DS is almost 30 times more powerful than the GBA.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So is it possible for a 3DS game to hold all 7 generations in one cart, or do you mean they could make that many more? I think I read wrong >_<. If you mean that, that would be one long game.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I mean the 3DS cart could hold every single non-duplicate (ex gold/silver are dupes) handheld Pokemon game to ever exist, the fifth generation games, and likely still have the room for Gen VI, but now that I look at it again, not Gen VII.

With dupes, it's likely they can hold everything through Gen V one Gen VI game along with it.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I mean the 3DS cart could hold every single non-duplicate (ex gold/silver are dupes) handheld Pokemon game to ever exist, the fifth generation games, and likely still have the room for Gen VI, but now that I look at it again, not Gen VII.

With dupes, it's likely they can hold everything through Gen V one Gen VI game along with it.
So your saying one of the regular games per generation and then all the other ones plus Gen V can now fit in one cartridge with room to spare?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Yes, I'm too lazy to look up the MBage of every single Pokemon game, plus Gen V if it maxes out to 256MB but I'd say without dupes, and including 3rd games as non-dupes...

I don't even think you'd use up half the cart. You definitely wouldn't if Gen V turns out to be 128MB games. This only factors in announced games BTW, so you're not factoring in the 3rd game of Gen V. If you do, then you'll probably get somewhere around 3/5s of the cart.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Math is fun, adurp.

The 3DS has the capabilities of running a Pokemon game:
.5 times as powerful as PBR.
2 times more powerful than Pokemon XD.
8 times more powerful that B/W could potentially be.
16 times more powerful than HGSS
433 times more powerful than RS
2865 times more powerful than GS
and finally...

5624 times more powerful than G/R/B

Technology, huh?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Someone somewhere is going to think that means that the 3DS Pokémon games should have 849,224 Pokémon.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Maybe if you run RBY's engine.

MAYBE.

But honestly if there was only one region, factoring in the actual other game space, they COULD put 2500+ Pokemon in.

But they won't lol.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
TOO MUCH

CANNOT POSSIBLY CATCH THEM ALL

Seriously... whoever could have the ability to actually catch them all should be revered as a god.

rockem7

Smash Ace
Well if we get to Gen VIII we would probably have ~1000 Pokemon. By then, you could probably get a refund for your game if you caught them all. XD

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well if we get to Gen VIII we would probably have ~1000 Pokemon. By then, you could probably get a refund for your game if you caught them all. XD
Whoa, every gen we get around 100 new pokes. By gen VIII that would mean that there'd be ~800 pokemon not 1000

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You forget that it started with 151 and got around +100 each time.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The more Pokemon... The better. As long as the quality of them don't slip.

And all of you Pokefanatics that feel like you "gotta catch em all..." You guys are crazy.

Don't let the slogan get into your heads. lol

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
151 + 100 + 135 + 107

If it follows the trend, it'll be a bit more than a hundred, bit less than 130-120ish. But si, at this rate, it'll hit 1,000 in no time.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I keep on doing the math and I get either Gen VIII or Gen IX will hit the 1000 mark.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Kinda out there (and somebody most likely already posted this) but we need what Charizard "should've been"

Fire/Dragon - WOOT for only 3 weaknesses and 2 (if it levitates)

*drools*
OMG is this real! is there finally actually a Fire/Dragon!?!?!? I posted what I quoted a long time ago, and was unsure, I hear it's finally real... is it?!?!?

*puppy dog eyes* *awaits response* <33

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If the pattern continues, It's Gen IX.

If it deviates and numbers significantly increase in gen additions, then it's Gen VIII.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
At gen 4 right now we have 493, so I wouldn't be surprised if by gen 8 they hit 1000, if not very close to it. But I will also be surprised if they even go up to gen 8.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The 3DS has the potential to give them the ability to make a game unlike anything we can ever imagine, and the NEXT handheld even moreso.

I don't see Pokemon dying until it becomes more of a hassle to make it than the money it rakes in.

Which will be a long time from now.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The more Pokemon... The better. As long as the quality of them don't slip.

And all of you Pokefanatics that feel like you "gotta catch em all..." You guys are crazy.

Don't let the slogan get into your heads. lol
Technically I did catch them all in HG/SS considering that only the first 2 generations had that slogan, though I never got the rest of gen 3/4 >_>

Man, I don't know if I'll be able to catch them all by gen VIII <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom