• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You just called English "backwards" to Chinese and Japanese when those two languages are, arguably, the equivalent of orthographic hell? Every language has considerably quirks and nuances; no language is more "backward" than another (though some certainly have more problems in certain areas than others).
I think Tery was just saying that English is very, very different from Japanese and Chinese.

And let's be fair, English is an absolute ****storm. Learning it as your first language isn't too difficult, but I don't envy people trying to learn it as a second language. Between all of the silly grammar rules and the EXCEPTIONS to those grammar rules, it's no cakewalk.

But yeah, Japanese -> English is certainly a more difficult shift than, say, French -> English.

It still isn't that hard to come up with an equivalent to the english language though right?
Not necessarily, but keep in mind that they have to review the game script -- probably multiple times -- and check for those. Something that isn't translated from Japanese to English yet is pretty obvious, but a cultural reference that won't make sense isn't very obvious.

In any case, whatever the exact reason, it will take them months to localize the games as it always does. It sucks, but we can wait.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I like how everyone forgets to mention about how much time they have to spend to make all their Pokemon names as Punny as possible.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I just skipped like 20 posts

but

HG/SS were translated by the fanbase AND THEN INSERTED INTO ROMs in like two weeks.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
I just realized something, if shedinja somehow gets sturdy he can only be killed by things like toxic and hail.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
Sheddy can mimic Role play and copy Magnezones sturdy.

I am going to have tons of fun with this in double battles.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
That would be pretty sexy, actually.

Maybe they'll make an English patch for the ROM that makes it bearable to play. :/ I hate waiting, but I'll pre-order 3DS and Black as soon as they let you. :3

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm pretty sure that Sturdy only works on moves like Fissure and Horn Drill.

Even then, Stealth Rocks.
Stealth DOES rock!

/10lamepuns

But seriously when are we gonna get a chicken pokemon besides Combusken? I wanna see a crazy chicken pokemon. One that actually is a chicken unlike combusken who's brave. It'll be ****ing hilarious the day they DO make one

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'm pretty sure that Sturdy only works on moves like Fissure and Horn Drill.

Even then, Stealth Rocks.
That's what Sturdy did before. Now Sturday acts as an ability form of Focus Sash, meaning it could be a Leaf Storm, Horn Drill, Surf, whatever that would potentially OHKO the Sturdy Pokemon leaves the Sturdy Pokemon with 1 HP. Stealth Rocks and Hail would cause problems since most of the Sturdy Pokemon are Rock / Steel-types.

Aggron, mentioned by Supermarth might be tried out with Sturdy. It has Metal Burst to basically KO whatever tried to hit it after Sturdy activates and even then has Endeavor.

M.K

Level 55
Maybe Stealth Rock will be phased out this generation, somehow?
I can't really see it entirely disappearing, but think more like the use of Spikes in the 3rd Generation.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Maybe Stealth Rock will be phased out this generation, somehow?
I can't really see it entirely disappearing, but think more like the use of Spikes in the 3rd Generation.
Maybe Stealth Rock will get some sort of nerf. The absence of it in Gen V comparable to Gen III seems too much of a leap, but could happen.

Blue octopus anyone?

firelord767

Smash Apprentice
Everyone says that they can't see the pokemon in that image minus the chimarii, but i clearly see a blue octipus to the right as stated by TyFighter. And i wanna catch it. NOW.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I would love if the octopus kept that beard and hat. It would definitely make him one of my favorite 5th gen pokemon.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I think I'll try and work with Octillery the next opportunity I get during the NU to OU sessions.

I wonder what typing this Wisetopus is. Pure Water-type? Water / Poison, etc.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
All this talk about octopi makes me think of highfive's avatar. You know that guy?

It's a pity my phone shrinks the image so I can't see it properly. Bah.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I personally would either like an Octo pokemon or a successful addition to Octillery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom