• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I think I'll try and work with Octillery the next opportunity I get during the NU to OU sessions.

I wonder what typing this Wisetopus is. Pure Water-type? Water / Poison, etc.
all he needs really is effective speed....

firelord767

Smash Apprentice
Wrath' said:
Maybe he becomes a more wise octopus? Sagetopus
Wisetopuss is evolving! Wisetopuss evolved into Sagetopuss!

Sagetopuss wants to learn Epic Win, but Sagetopuss already knows 4 moves! Delete a move?
HYDRO CANON BLAST BURN
FRENZY PLANT TENTACLE DEATH ATTACK

The more i "speculate", as in make crud up, the more i want this.

UberMario

Smash Master
Ramoraid is a remora also known as the suckerfish, octopi have suction cups. Get it?
*cough*Remoraid*cough*

Remorae also have suctioncups, though it's on the top of their head, so they can stick to manta rays and sharks.

Also the evolution chain is supposed to be Remoraid the pistol to Octillery the wheeled cannon aswell.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
Remorae also have suctioncups, though it's on the top of their head, so they can stick to manta rays and sharks.
Remorae don't have suction cups, they have a modified dorsal fin that sticks what something pushes them backwards. (Like when something is swimming with it on board.)

UberMario

Smash Master
Remorae don't have suction cups, they have a modified dorsal fin that sticks what something pushes them backwards.
It behaves like a suction cup though:

Also the plurality was more akin to "Cyclopses have eyes", since it's not really proper to say "Cyclopses have an eye" because that implies that they all share a lone eyeball.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
That would be an incredibly useful Ability, but I doubt it would happen.

Parasect's defenses aren't horrible, and resistances to Water/Ground/Electric are all really useful.

UberMario

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure it would be the damage it takes because it would be more of an INability if it was related to the damage it gives.

UberMario

Smash Master
So you basically just renamed the ability to make it more fitting for mushroom-esque creature.
It wouldn't be the first time. Insomnia and Vital Spirit act the same in-battle aswell, though the latter is better since it can help find higher level pokemon to battle/capture.

UberMario

Smash Master
I wasn't sure where to post this since it relates mostly to the anime, but brings info about the B&W games aswell, so here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzNlfFQpnrU

Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny are getting replaced, the new nurse(s) look a heck of a lot like the old ones but the officers are brand new.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Elite Four typings have been Ice / Fighting / Ghost / Dragon / Psychic / Poison / Dark / Steel / Water / Bug / Ground / Fire. That leaves with Electric, Rock, Grass, Normal, and Flying types. If they pull a completely unique set it may be those four?

Fun fact - Hoenn's Elite Four typings were all typings already used once, with the exceptions of their champions Steven and Wallace.

XACE-K

Smash Master
You forgot Grass Tery. Grass hasn't been in the E4 either. And I really don't want Dento to be a rock gym leader because:

1. He doesn't look like a rock gym leader.
2. His name isn't punny. (Like Brock and Roxanne)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I heard a rumor that the gyms were going to be based on certain strategies (like taking advantage of status conditions, using pokemon that have high defense and slowly chip away at your opponent, etc) instead of individual types. That would be a nice change of pace.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I heard a rumor that the gyms were going to be based on certain strategies (like taking advantage of status conditions, using pokemon that have high defense and slowly chip away at your opponent, etc) instead of individual types. That would be a nice change of pace.
Even though it's a rumor, if Nintendo and Gamefreak are hoping to shake everything up with Black and White this would be a cool and welcomed twist to the Gyms. :)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What I don't like about the current system is that except for the Champions and the last gyms in G/S/C and R/S/E, you can pretty much clean house with a single pokemon with a certain type. Oh look, a rock gym; I can train my bulbasaur/squirtle/treecko/mudkip/turtwig/piplup to level 12 and wreck everything they throw at me in a single move.They tried to remedy this a little bit in D/P/Pl by mixing up the types or giving them effective counter moves but it really wasn't enough. For example, Flint's Lopunny and Drifblim threw me off at first but it wasn't too hard to make the right adjustments.

M.K

Level 55
It's actually MOST likely that Dento is a Grass-Type Gym Leader

http://pokejungle.net/2010/08/19/dent-a-grass-type-gym-leader-with-a-tsutaaja/

Hey guys, resident translator Kriffix here!

Reasons that Dent is likely a Grass-type user and most likely has a Tsutaaja, from most solid to weakest.

+He shouts out for his Pokémon to use Solarbeam in the Video released yesterday.

+The background used when he declares an attack is green.

+Said background is identical to when Tsutaaja attacks in a previous video.

+The spotlight that shines down upon him is green.

+His hair, eyes and bow tie are also green!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzNlfFQpnrU&feature=player_embedded#!

Video they are talking about, Dento clearly says "Solarbeamu"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom