• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.K

Level 55
Dragon-types are supposed to be rare. =\
And they are, that's why they're either:

A) Extremely powerful
B) Legendary

And it's still the least common type out there.

It's just the fact that blending "Fire" into animals is alot harder than, say, taking one of the countless number of fish and sticking it into the game, or taking one of the countless plants and sticking it into the game.

:/

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
He's probably going to be just as beastly as Rampardos. Whoa he gets rock polish? And just look at that attack stat! Mold breaker? Hell yeah!
To be fair we know nothing about this monkey's base stats as of current.

@Meta-Kirby: That's probably true. Oh well. Hopefully Black / White will have some more. That Fire-type monkey doll is already a great insight on some Fire-type representation. :D

JOE!

Smash Hero
I don't really see how Fire should be more rare than Psychic.
well, how often do you see fires just "occuring"?

Fires need to be created, whereas Grass just grows, water's allways there, as are normal animals/air, Ground and rocks are there....Steel needs to be tampered with/mined, Fighting/psychics are normal animals that either were gifted or trained to be above and beyond, electricity is somewhat-naturally occuring, bugs are everywhere, dark types are like the f/psy in that they are "gifted" normal things (in that they are nefarious/evil) and ghosts/dragons are legendary or special creatures.

....uhm

so yeah, fire is rarer due to be under-repped in the real world compared to most everything

JOE!

Smash Hero
Well if you live in ____ where (specific thing relating to this portion of the **** planet) occurs, then yeah ___ is common.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
So, Black and White have already exceeded one-million pre-orders, making it the fastest selling DS game in history.
I hope they'll have enough supply to meet the demand, especially when it's released in North America and other parts of the world. ._.
Just makes me glad that I pre-ordered Black nearly a year early, then... ^-^;

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
...Remind me to actually go to GameStop early to pick up Black and White, unlike HeartGold/SoulSilver where I got lazy and went at like, 3. (Though in my defense, the power was out and I was afraid of running out of battery, so I was trying to avoid getting it ASAP to prevent running into a situation where I'd have it but not be able to play it. Still prevented me from getting the pre-order bonuses, though.)

I should probably get on reserving those, too. Maybe I'll do it when I go pick up Other M.

UberMario

Smash Master
1+ Million copies of Black and White have ALREADY been preordered worldwide? 0_o

Dang, I better pre-order them myself because I doubt I'll find any on shelves at that rate.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Rockem will probably make me drive him to Game Stop before they open again like he did for HGSS (unless they do a midnight sale, which I'll go alone to if he doesn't want to go with), so I'm more than likely going to have it upon release.

Yay. :3

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
You know what I realized I want to see? The final component of Leaf Storm / Overheat. There isn't a special base 140 power Water-type move which lowers your Special Attack by two stages. Considering that they've revealed an original and then a different typed similarity a generation later we might get it. :D

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Yeah, but they also released Draco Meteor. Maybe that was for Psycho Boost?

I also doubt B/W are gonna be sold out in North America. I highly doubt it.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Here's an interesting move and/or ability they should introduce:

Something that switches the types that you're super effective against with the types you're not very effective against. So for example Arcanine would be super effective against Ground, Rock and Water but not very effective against Bug, Grass, Ice and Steel.

That's what I'd like to see. It could be permanent for one Poke until they switch or even weirder it could be like Reflect and affect the whole team for a certain amount of turns. And if a few Pokes got it as an ability that'd really mix things up.

JOE!

Smash Hero
you mean swap weaknesses and resists around?

I see that as more of a move to do to another poke...

*pictures the agony steel types will go through*

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Take an ability that switches the types you hit
Give it to a grass type
????
Profit

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
So... if Steel is immune to Poison, and Poison uses that move... then all Steel-types are OHKOed by Sludge Bomb!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
NORMAL FOR GOD TIER

HITS GHOSTS FOR 8x EFFECTIVE

HITS ROCKS AND STEELS FOR 2x EFFECTIVE

NOTHING RESISTS/IMMUNES IT

WHOAH

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Ambipom would be way more popular than it should be if it got quick attack.

Srsly.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Unless Ambipom runs Fake Out / Quick Attack / Taunt and then either Shadow Claw or Low Kick.

Or are we still talking about the situatino where Normal hits Ghost for 8x damage? :p

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
No, without that ability.

It needs Technician for FO + QA to be any useful lol

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
There was some guy in Smogon's Stark Mountain creative moveset thread that posted a FO / QA Ambipom set and he said it worked really well in OU. I actually ran some calcs, and it does awesome stuff like 2HKO Gyarados with Stealth Rock.

And Salamence

Spire

III
BRoomer
[collapse=Isshu map, it's big]
[/collapse]
I noticed something peculiar. I don't know if it's been brought up before, but look at the complex at the western base of the western mountains. Is that really an airport hangar and a runway. Take what you will, but my guess is that the previously announced 'new form of transportation' is via airplane, and to where, the other four regions?

UberMario

Smash Master
That does appear to be a two-runway airport, but if you look to the northwest, you'll see something even more interesting: a roundhouse and turntable with a track disappearing into a forest. Now what could that be?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'd just like to make a comment.

The eastern island of Isshu is phallic shaped, with some sort of attempt at fertilizing an ocean.

I couldn't unsee it, so I'll make sure nobody can.

XACE-K

Smash Master
The island to me doesn't really seem that bad. There has been far worse phallic images in video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom