• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Awwww man, ANOTHER normal/flying? GF has seriously lost all creativity with these birds. Out of all the types it could've been, it's normal/flying :ohwell:

Ewwwwwww @ Munna's evo. I would've much preferred Drowzie over that thing.

Dude, every time I see Wally grown up, I always think he's wearing some sort of Millenium Puzzle on his waist XD

And the female blondie also looks stupid. I mean, she looks like she came from old colonial America. Looks like the friends of the main character look stupider than ever, but it's better than this... thing

Look at the purse he's wearing ugh.

Awwww, I was hoping the gopher's sprite would have him shaking his fist angrily at the air instead of looking off into the distance D:. But he still looks cool and I'll likely have him on my team :p
I'm quite found of B/W characters, so meh. Better than OLBIGS (what I named my rival). So hey, where are you finding munna's evo?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
The Normal/Flying pokemon of this gen is really interesting. With his ability, we can only hope that he gets Close Combat. If it increases it by 20 percent, that's a 145 power base he'll be hitting from. Brave Bird and Double Edge will have no recoil but will be even stronger. I wonder if Return will get a boost as well.

The Black Pokemon being Psychic was unexpected. Always nice to see another Pokemon get Wonder Guard as well, more boost to Hail/Sandstorm, while nerfing entry hazards. Let's hope it lives up to its ability. Guessing this is the Humonoid of this generation. Would have preferred a Dark version of Gardeoir however.

The new bat being Psychic and Flying was also unexpected but is also interesting. It has a massive HP stat, so how it will use this is up to be seen. It still has an ability left to be seen. Hopefully we can get something defensivly useful. Another Wonder Guard would be lovely haha, or perhaps something new and exciting. Can't wait to see this fur ball evolve.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
The Normal/Flying pokemon of this gen is really interesting. With his ability, we can only hope that he gets Close Combat. If it increases it by 20 percent, that's a 145 power base he'll be hitting from. Brave Bird and Double Edge will have no recoil but will be even stronger. I wonder if Return will get a boost as well.
Not sure about this. It'd probably still apply the recoil damage since if you look at things like White Smoke and Clear Body which still allow self-applied stat drops, it'd be pretty daft to have Encourage's disadvantage turned around and made an insanely good ability.

M.K

Level 55
Woah the goth girl has Wonder Guard?
No >_> Magic Guard. The ability that Clefable has.
A.k.a, you don't take damage from status/weather/anything that's not an attack.

I love Musharna and Koromori haha, get at me!
It's cute and Koromori being Psychic/Flying completely owns Zubat.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm quite found of B/W characters, so meh. Better than OLBIGS (what I named my rival). So hey, where are you finding munna's evo?
Munna's evo was revealed on Coro Coro and it's not Drowzie.

Looks pretty stupid though

And according to Coro Coro, it has a secret related to something called Dream Smoke.

According to Serebii, it says that Dream Smoke itself involves a Game Sync, presumably uploading up a save file and then connecting it to the Pokemon Global Website they reported on last month.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Musharna's epic. It at least looks way better than Munna.

Koromori looks terrible to me.

Minezumi... Meh, I guess it's alright.

Wooguru's awesome.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Wait, there's going to be Triples Battles?
TOO MANY POKÉMON!!!

Anyway, now for something positive.
I actually was expecting the new Pokémon to be uncreative, but their actually really good!

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
I think the Encourage ability only boosts the power of moves that have possible secondary effects that mess up the opponent, meaning moves like Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Iron Head, Waterfall and Seed Flare. It won't boost the power of moves with guaranteed effects that mess up the user, like Overheat or Superpower.

What other typing could this new bird possible have been? Fire/Flying?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Glad to see that Munna isn't a Drowzee pre-evo. The chipmunk/gopher is awesome. The new eagle looks interesting; I wonder if it's part of an evolution line? I still can't get over that green cell thing. I thought Koromori would look awesome...but now that I can see it, I don't think so anymore. :(

The Black City and White Forest are intriguing.

M.K

Level 55
Urr, is this creepy?
There is smoke coming from Musharna's head.
However, to me, it looks like an unborn fetus with the umbilical cord wrapping around it's back (the smoke).

How disturbing.

And hella overload on Psychic types.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'll take a moment to comment on the new Pokémon:

• WOOGARU IS AMAZING. I will get one and and and... I love birds and this is my new favorite bird Pokémon. I will most definitely use this a lot.

• MUSHARNA IS AMAZING. Yeah, I instantly thought fetus which made me like it even more. I love Drowzee and Hypno, so this is a mighty fine spiritual successor imo.

• Minezumi is so awesome. A chipmunk Pokémon is actually rather close to the gerbil/hamster that everyone speculated would be the rodent this generation, though I guess we don't know whether it or Chiramii will be the new Ratatta.

• Kibago's a g and I'm excited to see what it evolves into (as well as its typing, which I'm guessing is going to be any combination of Ground, Rock, Dark, or Steel).

• Koromori is now fully defined graphically and has been revealed to be Psychic/Flying. I'm excited to see how this turns out.

Also, I'm completely positive that I'm going to start with Mijumaru. It's become my favorite starter of not only this generation, but the entire series. I guess it's just the sheer oddity of the creature that really attracts me, but I'm absolutely in love with it.

M.K

Level 55
I'll take a moment to comment on the new Pokémon:

• WOOGARU IS AMAZING. I will get one and and and... I love birds and this is my new favorite bird Pokémon. I will most definitely use this a lot.
Agreed. Woogaru looks to be a standalone Pokemon, and it sorta-kinda reminds me of Tropius. The new move sounds interesting, like it could take the opponent out of battle for a turn for (free?) damage. I too love Birds.

• MUSHARNA IS AMAZING. Yeah, I instantly thought fetus which made me like it even more. I love Drowzee and Hypno, so this is a mighty fine spiritual successor imo.
YES YES YES YES. I LOVEEEEEE Musharna's design. I hope it's a big *** fetal elephant tank with High HP and defense. It looks like it takes no **** from any other Pokemon. It's honestly a great design, and the fact that Munna grew on me so much (seriously! crazy!) Musharna is literally my favorite of this bunch.

• Minezumi is so awesome. A chipmunk Pokémon is actually rather close to the gerbil/hamster that everyone speculated would be the rodent this generation, though I guess we don't know whether it or Chiramii will be the new Ratatta.
I think it's the new Zigzagoon/Rattata/Sentret/Bidoof. It's pretty cool, it definitely has something to hide. If it has High speed, hopefully it boasts a fast Hypnosis and Super Fang, which we saw in those demo screens. Pretty sexy rodent.

• Kibago's a g and I'm excited to see what it evolves into (as well as its typing, which I'm guessing is going to be any combination of Ground, Rock, Dark, or Steel).
Heh, Kibago is definitely the obligatory "psuedo-baby". It reminds me of Larvitar, which is great, because I'm actually not quite fond of either Bagon or Gible, yet Larvitar and Dratini still have that mysticism behind them that I just ogle over. Lovin' those jaws o' steel.

• Koromori is now fully defined graphically and has been revealed to be Psychic/Flying. I'm excited to see how this turns out.
Koromori is sexy, 'nuff said. I really like it's design and it's animation in that one trailer. I don't like it's face (people are saying that it's blind and that heart-shaped object is it's nose. Interesting). I don't like the hillbilly tooth though :[

Also, I'm completely positive that I'm going to start with Mijumaru. It's become my favorite starter of not only this generation, but the entire series. I guess it's just the sheer oddity of the creature that really attracts me, but I'm absolutely in love with it.
I have to see the final evolutions. It's a toss-up between Mijumaru and Tsutaja for me. The fact that Tsutaja is becoming more dark, actually, turns me off. Mijumaru gets SO MUCH CRAP, which is why it's so loveable. <3

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I still can't decide who I'm choosing as my starter. I like all 3 of them.

But I'm extremely interested in seeing Mijumaru's final evolution.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
The eagle pokemon is pretty amazing. I'm bit dissapointed that it's normal/flying. Fighting/flying would have been cool. It would be awesome if they gave him a 550 BST or something.

I'm also pretty happy to see magic guard being given to more pokemon. I only hope this one has the BST and movepool to use it or get's a good evolution. Because it looks like it could be a standalone pokemon like mawile.

Spire

III
BRoomer
YES YES YES YES. I LOVEEEEEE Musharna's design. I hope it's a big *** fetal elephant tank with High HP and defense. It looks like it takes no **** from any other Pokemon. It's honestly a great design, and the fact that Munna grew on me so much (seriously! crazy!) Musharna is literally my favorite of this bunch.
Muuna was at first the "are you kidding me" Pokémon, but it's become one of my absolute favorites as well. It's just so odd and simple. If Musharna gets an evolution I'll just freak out. 5th Gen is shaping up to be so awesome.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Reminds me of Wotter. Used to be the "are you kidding" pokemon to me as well, but I've come to love the little guy and will probably get it over Smugleaf when I get black.

Remember when we all used to hate on it? Good times.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
I just realized that smugleaf is going to be pecked to death early in the game due to his 4X weakness to flying. :(

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It's not confirmed. I was wanting it to be Grass/Dragon Snake starter. Lol @ the overpoweredness it'd have over the fire/dark and water/rock.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Big fire big thingy looks more like Fire/Poison to me...what great typing that would be :urg:
Big fire big thingy? What are you talking about?

Weak to Water/Ground(x4)/Rock..that it? Dunno..

I think Poison/Steel would be cool too, do we have one of those that I can't think of?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Was referring to the boar/final(unconfirmed) evo for Pokabu. It'd give more balance technically over the supposed Grass/Dragon, but gg if said Grass Snake can learn Earthquake/is faster. Personally thought they would end up Grass/Dragon, Water/Rock and Fire/Poison, but that was off of a most likely fake artwork(though I hope Smugleaf really does end up looking like that).

And I'm personally hoping for a Grass/Steel. Crap against Fire/Fighting, but it neutralizes all other weaknesses and would wall bulky waters w/out HP Fire/Flamethrower pretty well.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Was referring to the boar/final(unconfirmed) evo for Pokabu. It'd give more balance technically over the supposed Grass/Dragon, but gg if said Grass Snake can learn Earthquake/is faster. Personally thought they would end up Grass/Dragon, Water/Rock and Fire/Poison, but that was off of a most likely fake artwork(though I hope Smugleaf really does end up looking like that).

And I'm personally hoping for a Grass/Steel. Crap against Fire/Fighting, but it neutralizes all other weaknesses and would wall bulky waters w/out HP Fire/Flamethrower pretty well.
I would love to see Grass/Dragon, but I'm afraid that'd make one starter far too powerful. As for the others, I could care less. I love snakes.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone else get reminded of Hawkmon, Halsemon, etc. from Digimon when you look at Woogaru? o_o

Regardless, I like Musharna as well. Koromori and Kibago are luff. Still don't like goth-girl or chipmunk.

I'm still leaning towards Tsutaja, especially because two of my friends are getting Derpderp, but Derpderp is looking awfully tempting now. Make the final evolution awesome, Mijimaru! :3

M.K

Level 55
Does anyone else get reminded of Hawkmon, Halsemon, etc. from Digimon when you look at Woogaru? o_o
Oh my ****ing god.

STOP with the Digimon references. Does anyone complain about a dolphin looking like a shark, or the fact that ANYTHING IN LIFE can be referenced to another object as a similar component.
EVERYTHING is going to look similar to something, we don't need someone pointing it out at EVERY turn. It's seriously annoying, because all it stirs up is the whole "LOL POKES UNORIGINAL" debate, which is pointless.

OMFG GAIS, THIS TOTALLY RIPS OFF ODDISH, ODDISH IS UNORIGINAL, WTF IS THIS^^ GOD IRL IS SO RIPPING OFF POKEMON.

>________________________________>

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
That never stopped Infernape :p
Isn't Grass/Dragon a bit worse than Fire/Fighting? Also, Blaziken had potential to be Infernape, the only really killer was a few points in speed(?) and his crappy move pool.

Wrath`

Smash Master
If Hamlet/Pignition/Pokabu/Pigglet is Fire/Dark in the end, what would he need to become OU instead of our other Fire/Dark Houndoom?

XACE-K

Smash Master
If Hamlet/Pignition/Pokabu/Pigglet is Fire/Dark in the end, what would he need to become OU instead of our other Fire/Dark Houndoom?
Since I'm not good at competitive pokemon, I'll let smogon answer this.

Although Houndoom does have two immunities that help it switch in, its weakness to Stealth Rock can wear it down rather quickly. Don’t let this fool you though as Houndoom can live long enough to completely terrorize the metagame. Houndoom’s Speed will be its downfall in many cases, however, keeping Houndoom in reserve until the opponent’s speed demons are gone will give you a clear chance to sweep
tbh, I don't want Bacon to be Fire/Dark. I like Fire/Ground better.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Oh my ****ing god.

STOP with the Digimon references. Does anyone complain about a dolphin looking like a shark, or the fact that ANYTHING IN LIFE can be referenced to another object as a similar component.
EVERYTHING is going to look similar to something, we don't need someone pointing it out at EVERY turn. It's seriously annoying, because all it stirs up is the whole "LOL POKES UNORIGINAL" debate, which is pointless.

OMFG GAIS, THIS TOTALLY RIPS OFF ODDISH, ODDISH IS UNORIGINAL, WTF IS THIS^^ GOD IRL IS SO RIPPING OFF POKEMON.

>________________________________>
I wasn't attempting to bash it or make an "OMG RIPOFF BAWWWWW!" comment. e_e
I merely said that Woogaru slightly reminds me of Hawkmon's line due to its head and coloring. It still has originality, and it looks like it has personality. I think it looks awesome.

I'm getting pissed with all of the whining people are spouting too, you know.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Since I'm not good at competitive pokemon, I'll let smogon answer this.

tbh, I don't want Bacon to be Fire/Dark. I like Fire/Ground better.
Well I don't see it out speeding Houndoom, I bet it will have better HP/Def, so it might have enough bulk to survive the current OU, and who knows, OU could be turned upside down after the fifth gen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom