• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Oh my ****ing god.

STOP with the Digimon references. Does anyone complain about a dolphin looking like a shark, or the fact that ANYTHING IN LIFE can be referenced to another object as a similar component.
EVERYTHING is going to look similar to something, we don't need someone pointing it out at EVERY turn. It's seriously annoying, because all it stirs up is the whole "LOL POKES UNORIGINAL" debate, which is pointless.

OMFG GAIS, THIS TOTALLY RIPS OFF ODDISH, ODDISH IS UNORIGINAL, WTF IS THIS^^ GOD IRL IS SO RIPPING OFF POKEMON.

>________________________________>
I'm not into digimon at all but to be fair there are quite a few pokemon that look like digimon. Someone recently pointed out to me lopuuny and then said to look up lopmon. I did and the resemblance is pretty striking. Even the name is similar. >.>

M.K

Level 55
EVERYTHING is going to look similar to something, we don't need someone pointing it out at EVERY turn. It's seriously annoying, because all it stirs up is the whole "LOL POKES UNORIGINAL" debate, which is pointless.
Chill, did you miss this or what? We know.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Though the effectiveness of Magic Room against opponents is obvious ("oh teh noes, I can't stall with leftovers!"), I'm having trouble coming up with a way it can be directly beneficial for the user...the best I can think of is something like this:

*you switch in X Pokemon*

"Lawl, X Pokemon is obviously choiced. I'll just send in Y on the resisted attack and force him out!"

*opponent switches in Y Pokemon*

X used Magic Room!

"...****."

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
There are many walls who do well against non choiced attacks, but can't handle such things. Magic Room will stop this. Magic Room will also allow you to send in your Trick pokemon with more effectiveness, them having some time before being forced into the trick, assuming choice.

Another option you missed is allowing choice pokemon to power up. Imagine a pokemon that only needs two moves for type coverage being choice scarfed. He gets the Magic Room off, he powers himself up, then when choice is working again, you ****. Or if you need three attacks, just set it up with another pokemon, switch him in, Sword Dance, Sword Dance, Sword Dance, and now choice scarfed at plus 6 attack, you just won the match. Gimcky setup, of course you wouldn't make it anywhere near that obvious, nor would you get to 6 lol, but a decent example. This will also allow Creselia to Trick away Flame Orb much easier.

This IS mainly against the opponent however. Hopefully enough pokemon get the move to make a bunch of viable set ups possible.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
That free fall move sounds very gimmicky but i think it could be quite helpful in double/triple battles, especially if this new bird is fast

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Chill, did you miss this or what? We know.
No. I'm just saying, there are quite a few pokemon that look like digimon so it's only natural that someone is going to mention it when said pokemon does infact look like a digimon. I also said, I'm not into digimon so I'm completely unaware of the similarities until someone else points them out. I really don't mind it as all as long as it's a comparison and not an insult.

"In 3-on-3 battles, the placement and setup of your Pokemon will be important to the battle. Depending on who is in the middle and in the front of your party, the way attacks hit will change, so switching your Pokemon's positions based on battle strategy becomes the main point of triple battles

I'm assuming this means certain attacks will only hit two pokemon at a time as opposed to three. So if you have a pokemon with surf it would be in your best interest to put your vaporeon next to it instead of on the far side. Or something like that.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I kind of disappointed a little bit by the new pokemon... In 4th gen i thought a lot of the new pokemon were terrible, I really didnt like all of the new 'fat' evos and only really felt there were few good ones. This gen however, i think the designs are a bit better, not 1st or 2nd gen better, but still good. The problem I have with it is that they aren't being creative on types. They haven't introduced any new type combos where I think, wow, thats pretty cool, they just keep throwing out endless Psychics and Normals. The 2 new dragons were good, but they are legendaries and they NEED to stick out. They need to come out with new mixes like a Fire/Bug for example, but so far, im not impressed

majora_787

Smash Hero

Still looks like a baby drowzee to me. He's got the snout and everything. Perhaps there'll be a 4 pokemon line for the first time ever? Or perhaps I'm trippin'. Meh.
You're tripping.

People need to give up, the pink flowery tapir is never going to be the yellow hairy cat thing. :ohwell:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I'm not into digimon at all but to be fair there are quite a few pokemon that look like digimon. Someone recently pointed out to me lopuuny and then said to look up lopmon. I did and the resemblance is pretty striking. Even the name is similar. >.>

....What?

UberMario

Smash Master
UPDATE!

Apparently there will be a 3DS (and DSi) exclusive feature, being able to have a live chat with friends! (Using the cameras presumably, 4 players can see each other when playing locally or two people can see each other via wifi)
The 3DS will also be able to autodetect other Pokemon B/W trainers when you walk by their 3DSes in reallife, so that's another exclusive feature. Maybe there willl indeed be other 3DS exclusive features (*cough* 3D effects and widescreen*cough*) but they will be DS cartridges still, I guess late-gen DS games will have added bonuses when inserted into a 3DS like late [albeit few] Gamecube games did with the Wii.

Also a new attack called Magic Room is revealed, it prevents items from having any effect by either it's trainer OR the foe trainer. (Boy that's going to turn some metagames upsidedown)

Mewter

Smash Master
I can imagine that Magic Room attack to be the most fun thing EVER to use in a competitive match.

You could wreak complete havoc with your team and just mess with the opponent. :laugh:

pickle962

Smash Lord
(sigh) Why wasn't that move in the previous games? It would've made fighting the elite four soooooo much easier...

Wrath`

Smash Master
If only there was a priority move that had priority over outside item usage. Just laugh in the E4's face with Superquickextreamspeedattack with 100 priority

Mewter

Smash Master
You could always bring a Pokemon that knows Embargo into the Elite Four, right?
It won't be trans-Pokemon, but that doesn't matter since the battle will be done due to their lack of Full Restore. :D

Chill

Red
BRoomer

....What?
It was lopunny's shiny that they compared it to.
Also a new attack called Magic Room is revealed, it prevents items from having any effect by either it's trainer OR the foe trainer. (Boy that's going to turn some metagames upsidedown)
This could be very cool depending on how it works. If it even works to remove the power of choice items that could be pretty sweet.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I can imagine that Magic Room attack to be the most fun thing EVER to use in a competitive match.

You could wreak complete havoc with your team and just mess with the opponent. :laugh:
Gamefreak sees the CB Scizor and stuff and says "This"

I am so excited to see metagame turn upside down.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I think magic room is going to be as effective as Trick Room, unless we can get an item that prolongs rooms like we got items that prolong weather effects

UberMario

Smash Master
I think it only works on held items, so the E4 will still use FULL RESTORE to no end
It's hard to tell from the description on Serebii:

"Negates the effects of any items on both you and the opponent."

Could either mean held items or all items in general, I guess we'll have to wait to find out.

Also Luvdisc needs a Mola Mola evolution, anyone else agree? It's a sunfish so it could be called Sundisc or somethimg.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It's hard to tell from the description on Serebii:

"Negates the effects of any items on both you and the opponent."

Could either mean held items or all items in general, I guess we'll have to wait to find out.

Also Luvdisc needs a Mola Mola evolution, anyone else agree? It's a sunfish so it could be called Sundisc or somethimg.
Luvdisc needs some luv in general.

Ignore my comments about the Focus Sash, I totally forgot about the rocks and crap.

LASHING_LEAF

Smash Journeyman
... ash looks like a skater now... WTH and the chick looks too serious for pokemon the guy will obviouslly replace our beloved pervert gym leader friend is pkmn headed in a more serious tone

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
... ash looks like a skater now... WTH and the chick looks too serious for pokemon the guy will obviouslly replace our beloved pervert gym leader friend is pkmn headed in a more serious tone
Can you show me the pic you see Ash-Skater? I really want to see that.

UberMario

Smash Master
He does not. lol He's wearing the Pokemon B/W male protagonist's costume, which you can see in my avatar.

LASHING_LEAF

Smash Journeyman
yeah lol idk he has tight clothes that look decent its like a skater look
-manga main characters looks are based on popular fashion and ash copys the main character

so yes he has a skater look
it even looks like he has those high top shoes that everyones going crazy over from the store journeys
-hoodies are more fashionable now in days than jean styled jackets
in the original ash had a jacket that wasent jean but was designed like one and grundge look states jean jackets are cool the anime just exagerated it cuz well... thats what anime does exagerates clothing

UberMario

Smash Master
There's one thing that bothers me about the anime pic I posted, sure Ash isn't supposed to age, but man I wish they'd at least make him a little bit taller since he's no less than 11 (since the anime said a whole year passed by the time they got to Viridian) and at that rate would probably be at least 15 . . . . that is one of the things I liked about the manga more than the anime, the characters actually age in Pokemon Adventures . . . rather than being "suspended in youth".

LASHING_LEAF

Smash Journeyman
YES TO THE HAT
if you watched the original it states he won the hat in a contest and now he dosent have it -__-
and he needs his voice back some how his voice gets higher as he ages -______-

i want to see ash meet giovanni giovanni tells him he is his father *silver never showed up in the anime so its possible* team rocket steals pikachu gives it to giovanni ash gets his strongest pokmon goes finds pikachu giovanni has brain washed it giovanni tells ash hes his father ash declines lol giovanni trys killing ash mewtwo kills giovanni and ash quits to take a break

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Personally, I think the anime is terrible. the Manga is alright ,with good plot and enjoyable reads here and there. The anime however, is submerged in issues dealing with age and plot concern, and honestly I can't be bothered to even try and like it anymore.

That being said, Ash needs to be killed off.

UberMario

Smash Master
His voice has gotten lower. ~_~

And the reasoning behind not adding the 4Kids voices is unknown, PokemonUSA has never explained why and the original voice of Ash (Veronica Taylor) was highly disappointed she was removed from the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom