• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Thread

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I love the breeder class trainers <3. I don't know if this was in B/W, but regardless, it's awesome that
they battle you every time you re-enter the route, basically making it a VS seeker that requires a few amount of steps. Plus they really help with grinding!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The starters this gen were meh

First game I'm going to beat the elite 4 without one

Blastoise, Feraligatr, Blaziken, Infernape...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The starters this gen were meh

First game I'm going to beat the elite 4 without one

Blastoise, Feraligatr, Blaziken, Infernape...
Agreed with this. I'm really annoyed that they didn't give Tepig's line better typing, because if they had made it Fire/Dark it would've been interesting and, I think, fitting. (It also would've made Emboar seem even more Ganon-like, which is an awesome thing.) I'd really like to punch the person at GameFreak who thought, "Hm, we've already had Fire/Fighting two generations in a row now...let's make it three!"

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I can't imagine Zhu Bajie being anything other than Fire/Fighting, though.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
That's why they should have just completely redone the model of the Pokemon. It doesn't even particularly good. And they decided to give the other starters just one type, the one they actually chose to make a little more interesting was by giving us the same combo for the third generation in a row. I share Firus' sentiments on that subject..

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah the starters (and the rest of the Pokemon IMO) this Gen are a little underwhelming in their design (if I remember correctly though, they were going for a Western/Chinese/Japanese theme). Like Firus I'm especially disappointed in Tepig as well, besides their type, I really dislike Pignite and Emboar's designs.

Just got my 3rd Badge in Black 2.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Welp, just got 4th badge in white 2.
Right now trying to think of a surf slave that I can actually use as a functioning member of a team. And the search is running a bit dry since, apparantly, you cant get Tirtouga until you beat the elite four..
Hell I should have just picked oshawott because I ditched my starter anyway.

My team consists of, as of this moment.

-Jihad Joe
Lucario Lv 32
-Klank
Krokorok lv 36
-Crux
Crobat lv34

I plan on getting a Galvantula, other than that, I just want a team thats actually functional.
Also, hey guys, long time no see c:

Edit: Just decided to receive Genesect. First try, timid nature. I believe I am satisfied here.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just bought black and white 2

What are the characters canonical names? I always name them their canonical names

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently their canonical names are Rosa and Nate

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just ran into and caught N's Siglyph.

It was a rush of emotions. At first I thought it was Shiny due to the sparkles (until I realized what they ment) as well as freaking out over it knowing Whirlwind, which thankfully never worked despite using it 3 turns in a row. lol

T-block

B2B TST
got black 2 and i'm loving it ^^

i decided to do a mono-fighting run just so it would feel more different from my white playthrough, but the game is so different i think i would have enjoyed it regardless o.o

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wild Riolu before the first gym? What madness is this?

This feels broken in some way

Unless Lucario dropped significantly in performance in this game

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Joining the motion that the starts this gen suck. But the story is the best this gen too. (Not saying much for Pokemon...but yeah.)

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
My favorite thing I had was Dream World Gyarados with Dragon Dance when going through the story. It was mad legit. Also, Sazandora/Hydreigon makes a nice HM slave, I found out. It can learn Fly 'and' Surf (also Strength, but less useful).

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
I'm about 22 hours into Black 2. 5 minutes after catching Virizion in Route 11 I catch a SHINY Golduck with a Dive Ball. xD

Edit:

Serperior (Spud)
Co***rigus (Spoobi)
Flygon (Spex)
Zoroark (Hash)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Firus, for your first community executive order of the year: get this fixed.

:phone:
Much as I hate it and agree with you, it's been discussed before and the general consensus is that, annoying as it is, you can tell what is being said, and it's not worth allowing the workarounds with the censored word just for the sake of removing the annoyance. :/ The only way we could fix Co***rigus's name is by bracketing the word such that it only gets censored in and of itself, and there are so many offshoots of it that are ___f** that it'd be more of a hindrance than a help to bracket it. (There is, unfortunately, no way to whitelist words.)

That said, if you want to, I have absolutely no problem with you using color code or whatever to dodge the censor (for the Pokémon only), as long as you don't use that to use that word under the pretense of it being a part of the Pokémon's name (e.g., you're such a Cofagrigus). In fact, I encourage it, because it really bothers me too and I wish there were a way to fix it.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
my buddy wants to do a Girafarig run and its gonna take waaaay to long to get access to the Nature Sanctuary. So would anybody wanna give me one? I have two master balls i can waste on poke if u really want me to get you something.

btw i have blk 2.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Just call it Desukan. -_-
The problem with that is that not all of us have memorized the Japanese names (yours truly being one of those people), and it's going to be more trouble to explain/look it up than it is to have the censored word or to dodge the censor. Even as Co***rigus you can still tell what it's supposed to be, it just looks silly.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Pretty much everyone who memorized the Japanese names forgot them a few months after BW came out.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
But censor dodging Cofagrigus is such a pain.

Le sigh. Oh well ;-;.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I finally caught a Lapras<3 Took 3 tries. Seriously, who makes a Pokemon with Perish Song have a 5% encounter rate on rippling water...

Anyway, could anybody suggest the final water-type Pokemon to join my party? (Preferably something I can catch through normal gameplay.)

Here's what I have so far:

Samurott
Vaporeon
Jellicent
Swanna
Lapras

Electric-types make me sad :c

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You can catch Lanturn in Undella Bay.

I'd suggest that to deal with the Electric Type weakness oh so slightly. Yay Volt Absorb.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pretty much everyone who memorized the Japanese names forgot them a few months after BW came out.
Yep, this.

2 generations I memorized the Japanese names pre release.

I don't remember a single one

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh I haven't beaten the game yet so I can't get that particular Pokemon. I only have the 6th badge so far. :(

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've only got the 1st badge because I was 2 days late to get the game thanks to my store.

And I'm doing (More or less) EV training on non-competitive pokemon...

'cause

Edit: Where do you pick up the pokemon sent from "Dream Radar"

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
On Dream Radar title screen you transfer and then on the title screen thing on B2/W2 you choose "Unova Link" > "3DS Transfer" or something like that.

The Pokemon transfer directly to your PC and items go directly to your bag.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
My current Team
Emboar
Lucario
Leavanny
Magnezone
Swanna

I'm thinking about getting rid of Leavanny to a grass that doesn't have a weakness to rock. as well as Swanna for another water type and get another flying type pokemon like Drifblim.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I find it weird that my favourite 5th generation pokemon is Durant...lol. Come on, it's a metallic ant, and it's stat spread is pretty awesome. Oh, but WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY MAKE TRUANT IT'S DREAM WORLD ABILLITY. Sigh. I guess to make that ironic contrast that in real life, ants are super hard workers.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I find it weird that my favorite 5th generation pokemon is Durant...lol. Come on, it's a metallic ant, and it's stat spread is pretty awesome. Oh, but WHY WOULD THEY MAKE TRUANT IT'S DREAM WORLD ABILITY. *sigh* I guess to make that ironic contrast that in real life, ants are super hard workers.
But with Truant, you can use Entrainment and then switch to a Shadow Tagger with Protect!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Oh man guess what

People don't fall for that trick anymore.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I love playing against gimmicky teams.

They get 6-0'd by SDQuaza with hazards.

Top Bottom