• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Thread

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
If you don't have the money, logic would dictate that you just can't get the game. I don't have the money to buy a car either, but I'm not going to steal a car because I don't have the money.
Though, doesn't stealing imply that someone else is losing something? You playing the game on an emulator and not buying the game (and not playing it either) is equivalent to Nintendo in terms of profit. (Think of making a car appear out of thin air) Then again I bought the game so I can play devil's advocate, nya! <3

On topic though:
I think it's kinda cool that fighting the musketeer trio is part of the story.
(Collapsing because it's kind of a big spoiler)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Pokemon has spoilers?

You train pokes, you fight gym leaders, you stop the bad guy, catch/kill a legendary poke, and you beat the elite four.

Lol what's there to spoil?

:phone:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Though, doesn't stealing imply that someone else is losing something? You playing the game on an emulator and not buying the game (and not playing it either) is equivalent to Nintendo in terms of profit. (Think of making a car appear out of thin air) Then again I bought the game so I can play devil's advocate, nya! <3
It's still technically illegal and it'd be best if we didn't discuss the merits of it here.

On topic though:
I think it's kinda cool that fighting the musketeer trio is part of the story.
(Collapsing because it's kind of a big spoiler)
I suppose to some extent that does make sense, although I wish they wouldn't do that type of thing too much. I think Pokémon is a lot better when legendaries are just that -- legendary -- and it's not something that's just part of the motions of the game. The Regi trio remains my favorite trio and some of my favorite legendary Pokémon to this day because they were so mysterious and legendary. You had to go on a quest and decipher puzzles to even open up the caves they were in, and in order to actually get them, you had to accomplish one last thing, and they were hard to catch too. I don't necessarily know that they didn't do that much with BW2, but I overall like legendaries better as Pokémon that are hidden and you have to find, rather than being a part of the plot.

Then again, third gen is still my favorite, and that's the generation that kicked off legend-centric games, so I suppose that's a bit of an odd complaint to be coming from me.

That was probably a mostly safe block of text, but I spoiler'd all of it to be safe.

Pokemon has spoilers?

You train pokes, you fight gym leaders, you stop the bad guy, catch/kill a legendary poke, and you beat the elite four.

Lol what's there to spoil?

:phone:
Granted, Pokémon isn't too story-heavy, but it does get more and more that way as it progresses, and since the games haven't been released yet and there may be people who want to be completely surprised, we should be as respectful as possible in keeping spoilers hidden as we can.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I lost my copy of pokemon white, so I have to make sure and buy it and beat it again before this game. Mostly because of the link stuff this b/w 2 has with the first game

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
@Firus-
There are still plenty of other legendaries though. Perhaps they should just call them something else. Like something between legendary and normal?
Well, yeah, there are certainly enough legendaries that it's not like there's no legendary factor. But it is the generation's trio we're talking about, and in generations 1-3, they were elusive and had no relation to the plot. (I suppose you had to find them in 4, too, but their location wasn't exactly a secret, and they were tied into the plot.)

I mean, not calling them legendaries would make it make more sense, but since that would require removing the "legendary" label from the box-front Pokémon, too, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

In the end, I suppose I'm being a bit stubborn and unaccepting of the new Pokémon trends anyway, as there's not anything inherently wrong with what they're doing now. But I just thought legendaries felt more epic when they were 100% optional.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Well, yeah, there are certainly enough legendaries that it's not like there's no legendary factor. But it is the generation's trio we're talking about, and in generations 1-3, they were elusive and had no relation to the plot. (I suppose you had to find them in 4, too, but their location wasn't exactly a secret, and they were tied into the plot.)

I mean, not calling them legendaries would make it make more sense, but since that would require removing the "legendary" label from the box-front Pokémon, too, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

In the end, I suppose I'm being a bit stubborn and unaccepting of the new Pokémon trends anyway, as there's not anything inherently wrong with what they're doing now. But I just thought legendaries felt more epic when they were 100% optional.
Well, thing is, they aren't exactly a true legendary trio, especially since there's 4 of them. The true 100% optional legendary trio is the Kami trio.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Just a bit off-topic, maybe, but when can we remove the spoiler tags for Pokemon B2W2 stuff?
maybe 2 weeks after the game comes out in english?
What CaptainFalcon said. I'm glad you're keeping up with the game and all, but some people may be hoping for total surprise and may still want to discuss the game without having the plot/other pieces spoiled for them. It's not that much more difficult to see spoil-safe things. (Unless you're on a phone, in which case it still isn't too much effort to just quote it quickly.)

In any case, I know they're kind of annoying to look at, so I've been trying to keep them to a minimum and cut out only the parts that are actually spoilers. I'm just trying to be a bit safer about it, in case something is a spoiler without seeming like it.

Well, thing is, they aren't exactly a true legendary trio, especially since there's 4 of them. The true 100% optional legendary trio is the Kami trio.
(This part isn't really spoiler, so I'm going to de-spoiler.)

Even though Keldeo is technically a part of them too, seeing as he's A) an event Pokémon and B) placed in a different part of the Pokédex, I don't really see that as making them much less of a true trio than Regigigas making the Regis not a true trio anymore. (Different generation, but it still added a fourth.) The "trio" is always placed at the end of the normal Pokémon in the Pokédex, right before the start of the other legends, which is where they are placed, so I would imagine that the creators intended them to be along the same line as the birds, the dogs, the Regis, and the lake guardians.

The Kami trio is weird anyway, since two of them are version exclusives and the third can only be gotten by having both of the others.

It's kind of irrelevant, in any case,
because even if they weren't "the trio" of the game, I still dislike the idea of making even more legendaries mandatory for the storyline. Even if it were the Kami trio, I'd still think it was silly and unnecessary.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What CaptainFalcon said. I'm glad you're keeping up with the game and all, but some people may be hoping for total surprise and may still want to discuss the game without having the plot/other pieces spoiled for them. It's not that much more difficult to see spoil-safe things. (Unless you're on a phone, in which case it still isn't too much effort to just quote it quickly.)

In any case, I know they're kind of annoying to look at, so I've been trying to keep them to a minimum and cut out only the parts that are actually spoilers. I'm just trying to be a bit safer about it, in case something is a spoiler without seeming like it.
Oh no, I understand that, I was just curious towards when these black rectangles will leave my screen. Nothing more. :bee:

Umm... This isn't game news, but deals with B2W2.

Serebii said:
Kyurem VS The Sword of Justice

The official site has announced that the new movie is to air in the United States on Cartoon Network on December 8th. This movie, titled Kyurem VS The Sacred Swordsman Keldeo in Japan is to be called Kyurem VS The Sword of Justice. It features Black Kyurem, White Kyurem and Keldeo in both of its forms.

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
Oh no, I understand that, I was just curious towards when these black rectangles will leave my screen. Nothing more. :bee:

Umm... This isn't game news, but deals with B2W2.
i can tell the plot of that new movie already, new featured legendaries appears, some legend puts them to fight, ash puts his life in risk to stop them, he catches none of them, happy ending :D

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pokemon never sells out, here at least. So I probably could get them both the first day they come out.

No need to preorder unless it comes with something cool.

I also get a discount at work if I buy them off the shelf, but I get NO discount on preorders

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
every movie so far has been like that, even the movie with lucario and the regies is like that.
I was afraid you were going to say that... Well, actually no, they aren't all, keyword, all like that.

In the Zoroark movie, Ash is trying to stop Zoroark, who isn't a legendary, but winds up helping her after discovering why she's going apeship for.

In the Victini movie, he's trying to defeat a trainer with a legendary by using his own, while trying to protect Victini.

In the Entei movie, his mom gets stuck in some crystal iceberg, and it's up to Ash to free her. He tries to face off Entei, but his powerhouse Charizard was easily smashed down.

Need I go on, or should I copy/paste the actual movie scripts here via Collapse boxes?

i can tell the plot of that new movie already, new featured legendaries appears, some legend puts them to fight, ash puts his life in risk to stop them, he catches none of them, happy ending :D

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
I was afraid you were going to say that... Well, actually no, they aren't all, keyword, all like that.

In the Zoroark movie, Ash is trying to stop Zoroark, who isn't a legendary, but winds up helping her after discovering why she's going apeship for.

In the Victini movie, he's trying to defeat a trainer with a legendary by using his own, while trying to protect Victini.

In the Entei movie, his mom gets stuck in some crystal iceberg, and it's up to Ash to free her. He tries to face off Entei, but his powerhouse Charizard was easily smashed down.

Need I go on, or should I copy/paste the actual movie scripts here via Collapse boxes?
lol i actually don´t see the difference even when you said all that, the only one that sounds different is the zoroark one which is the only one i haven´t watched, and i don´t feel like watching it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
lol i actually don´t see the difference even when you said all that, the only one that sounds different is the zoroark one which is the only one i haven´t watched, and i don´t feel like watching it.
Ah.... Then I assume there is nothing more to discuss about via movies? Lol

Anyways, I just found out that you can catch Mareep and Riolu in the same area. This is god's work O_o

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Spoiler response to the last two posts.
Yes to both of you. The Mareep one is fairly early on in the game at the Sangi Ranch. The Eevee's are really rare, but are in Hiun City (the metropolis). Unfortunately it doesn't have it's DW ability though. But after you beat the elite four, you can get a DW Eevee at lvl 10 from a guy inside a building in the same large city.

There are also the secret tree areas where you can go in and find either certain pokemon with their DW ability or certain items. After you pick them up or encounter them, the game will spawn a new one with a certain spawn rate percentage chance after every 256 steps. So you can get TechniLoom and stuff.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Spoiler response to the last two posts.
Yes to both of you. The Mareep one is fairly early on in the game at the Sangi Ranch. The Eevee's are really rare, but are in Hiun City (the metropolis). Unfortunately it doesn't have it's DW ability though. But after you beat the elite four, you can get a DW Eevee at lvl 10 from a guy inside a building in the same large city.

There are also the secret tree areas where you can go in and find either certain pokemon with their DW ability or certain items. After you pick them up or encounter them, the game will spawn a new one with a certain spawn rate percentage chance after every 256 steps. So you can get TechniLoom and stuff.
Ah yes, this is true. Techloom is something I've been VERY excited for. As for the Hidden Hallows, you can find DW Eevees in all of them, but rarely.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Buying pokemon black and white 2 tomorrow.

Actually just white 2.

And I probably should beat the elite 4 before I play it because of the whole transfer information thingy.

I never beat the elite 4 because I thought I lost my game. I just found it

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
In the new movie I guarantee Ash will run into some sort of psychic barrier.

Also, been playing this a lot, not too far though because the first time when I got like 5 pokemon to level 8 I accidentally got off without saving it so I started over, only a little bit ahead of that point now.

It sucks I don't have the money for the strategy guide, I feel so limited without it. >_< With every Pokemon game I always get the book so I can get everything along the way. DX

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It sucks I don't have the money for the strategy guide, I feel so limited without it. >_< With every Pokemon game I always get the book so I can get everything along the way. DX
I know guidebooks are nifty and convenient and all, but why not just use Serebii? The Pokéarth feature basically serves to replace a guide, and you don't have to pay the money for a guidebook. And GameFAQs already has partial FAQs up, too.

Much as I've always liked guidebooks, in the age of the internet you can always find free resources that cover the same thing.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Wait, you can get information about video games from the internet?

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Sarcastic quips aside...

I understand that, it's just as you say a lot more convenient and easy. It's annoying using guides and such on the internet personally. The guiding process losses its fun for me at that point.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
^^lol That's what I'm currently using right now myself, in conjunction with Serebii and Smogon.

Haven't made it too far yet (still am after a good natured Riolu), but I'm a bit impressed at how quickly the game's tutorials went in comparison to the other games in the series. The selection of Pokemon on the early routes is quite good too. I'm still very much bummed that you have to unlock Challenge Mode though.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Hmm.. I guess using that guide is better than playing blind. I suppose largely why I was complaining was because the Pokemon purchasing ritual has been broken for the first time. XD And I like the actual guides... the special edition white/black one is beautiful..

Currently using Riolu, Sunkern, Genesect, Oshawott, Mareep, and Munna from the Dream Radar in an attempt to spread out my types.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It turns out my works idea of a release date for a game means "Order the game at that date"

If I want to get the game with a discount I'm probably going to have to wait half a week.

Why put advertisements up for a game being out on a specific date if they aren't going to have it on that date?

so, I don't have it

Edit: For the memory link, or whatever it's called...do you have to connect white RIGHT on start up, or can I wait. I still haven't beaten the elite 4 in my white version

D

Deleted member

Playing White 2. Just got to Virbank City. My current team is Snivy, Patrat, Purrloin, Psyduck, Elekid, and Genesect (Who I plan on ditching once I find a sixth formal team member).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Snivy is the reason I never finished the last game. I hated his limited moveset

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Leaf Storm Leaf Storm Leaf Storm Leaf Storm Leaf Storm Leaf Storm Leaf Storm Leaf Storm Struggle

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Got the Tornadus already, starts at level 10. Wasn't very difficult to get.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Snivy is the reason I never finished the last game. I hated his limited moveset
I'm going for a physical Coil based moveset myself, I'm probably going to have to use the Move Tutor though. Either way I like a challenge (Tepig in the last game made things too easy, and especially since we have to unlock Challenge mode :p).

Also downloaded Genesect, now it's time to repeat resetting the game until I get one with a good nature. lol

Top Bottom