• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Thread

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay, okay. Try to remember that this is the Black/White 2 thread and not the thread to discuss your favorite generation and crap on other people's favorite games, hm?

If you want to keep up this topic of discussion, move it to another thread, and keep it civilized.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I could be in the wrong blog (But it's B2W2, so...) Does anyone have a good Breloom Technician moveset? PM it to me, if you do, please.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You might be better off asking that in the Q&A thread.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The last time it was posted in was just the last time a question was asked. Can't tell if you're kidding about that entire statement or just the "September" part, but if you aren't, please don't neglect the Q&A thread in the future. People generally answer pretty quickly.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The last time it was posted in was just the last time a question was asked. Can't tell if you're kidding about that entire statement or just the "September" part, but if you aren't, please don't neglect the Q&A thread in the future. People generally answer pretty quickly.
Well, it was technically a B2W2 question, so I didn't think it mattered. My bad~

But anyways, more on subject...:
Serebii said:
Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 - WiFi Event: Genesect

Japanese magazine CoroCoro has leaked and has provided some further details on the upcoming Genesect WiFi event, which goes live this weekend. CoroCoro has provided what could be the moveset of the Pokémon with the moves being; Techno Blast, Signal Beam, Magnet Bomb and Solarbeam. Its hold item and level are still currently unknown

Leaf Storm

Smash Rookie
^I don't think so...it wouldn't be compatible since it's an international game. I may be wrong though. :S

Anyways, I'm seriously hoping to get BW2 during the Genesect event so I can get my hands on one! Genesect looks pretty epic for a bug legendary. Maybe I'll have one for my team. xD

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
So I can't get it on my Japanese game? :/
You can't get English events on Japanese games or vice versa unless you trade with another game. The only way you could get an English one on a Japanese game is to download it on an English B2W2 and trade it over.

Mulecc

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0173-1788-6477
I think i'm going to be saving my money instead of buying Black/white 2. I think it's about time I don't fall into Nintendo's trap of paying more money for a similar game.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I've played the JP version. I didn't beat it yet because I've gotten extremely distracted, but from what I have played, I can guarantee it's extremely different from BW1.

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
sadly i don´t have the money to even buy a used DS, let alone the game per se, i just hope my computer can handle the game in an emulator because a friend of mine downloaded it and even with the best settings it runs REALLY slow, but he has a R4 and a DS lite so yeah.......damn i feel so poor....

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Hm, I assume that goes for the Keldeo event at Gamestop as well?
Pretty much. Japanese events are not compatible with international games and international events are not compatible with Japanese games or games of other languages. The events go with the game of the same language.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I've played the JP version. I didn't beat it yet because I've gotten extremely distracted, but from what I have played, I can guarantee it's extremely different from BW1.
B2 and W2 are much different from Black and White >_>
Personally, I'm inclined to agree with Mulecc. I know they added a lot of stuff in BW2, but as far as I can tell, it's not any different from any other third version. Maybe a bit better than some of them, but Platinum added a ton of stuff onto what DP had, and it was still just another fourth gen game (and one that I still never beat as a result). Yes, there are a lot of new features, they mixed up some gym leaders, and they added in pre-gen-5 Pokémon, but isn't it just Unova all over again? The plot of BW was interesting, but not interesting enough to me for that to become a deciding factor for me.

I'm not denying that there are changes; obviously, if you guys (at least UltiMario) have played the sequels, you are far more educated on the changes than I am. I have no doubt that you know what you're talking about. The question to me is whether we have the same definition of something being different enough to justify the purchase of it, and I personally don't see myself buying them anytime in the near future. (Although that is also somewhat influenced by me having a lot of other games to play and trying to avoid spending money.)

But I would really like to hear your take on the whole thing, so I can judge for sure if I'm just unaware of exactly what's being changed.

Alberto1866

Smash Journeyman
I for one found the plot very interesting, better than 4th Gen for sure and Im very excited to see what happens next.

As for the characters I really despise how the male character looks. The female isn't as bad but I dont know if im the only one that does this I get very attached to the character.

Another aspect that I like is starting off in a different place of Unova, unlike platinum the only difference was that it was snowing.

Also the variety of Pokemon solely in the national dex is great and getting Ampharos, Lucario, and Arcanine is awesome as well.

:phone:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I think i'm going to be saving my money instead of buying Black/white 2. I think it's about time I don't fall into Nintendo's trap of paying more money for a similar game.
Yeah, trap, because Game Freak made the game thinking about how great it'll be to just rename the game, add a few features and call it a day.

I see where you're coming from but that is imo a bad reason especially when Game Freak made an honest effort to switch stuff up this time around. Sure Nintendo and Game Freak are companies that want profit but writing it off as a trap is silly.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm not denying that there are changes; obviously, if you guys (at least UltiMario) have played the sequels, you are far more educated on the changes than I am. I have no doubt that you know what you're talking about. The question to me is whether we have the same definition of something being different enough to justify the purchase of it, and I personally don't see myself buying them anytime in the near future. (Although that is also somewhat influenced by me having a lot of other games to play and trying to avoid spending money.)
About a third of game is completely new content that simply doesn't exist in any way, shape, or form in BW1. Not even "well this is basically the same but it has new things too." I mean completely original content. You total to about 80%+ of the game if you include those sorts of changes too. Very little is direct copypasta.

They were holding back with BW1 so they could have all this cool new **** for BW2. The evolution of the region is outstanding. I wish I finished it by now, I really need to.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
The only thing that I've found is really the same is the Battle Subway. Aside from that, everything's different.
You've even got a couple new towns (that is, you aren't starting in the same town like normal 3rd games), you can catch national dex pokemon before beating the Elite Four rather than being limited to just the Isshu ones. Your rival is a new rival as well.
I probably wouldn't buy a new DS for it (even though I did, lol {but that's cause I don't have many opportunities to get games the day they come out while in another country}), but if you have one already, I think it's a good use of your money.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Lol you guys are funny...

If the sequel didnt have enough new content the developers would be seen as lazy. If BW2 has too much content, the developers must have held back with BW1.

Sometimes you really can't win I guess lol.

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Personally, I'm inclined to agree with Mulecc. I know they added a lot of stuff in BW2, but as far as I can tell, it's not any different from any other third version. Maybe a bit better than some of them, but Platinum added a ton of stuff onto what DP had, and it was still just another fourth gen game (and one that I still never beat as a result). Yes, there are a lot of new features, they mixed up some gym leaders, and they added in pre-gen-5 Pokémon, but isn't it just Unova all over again? The plot of BW was interesting, but not interesting enough to me for that to become a deciding factor for me.

But I would really like to hear your take on the whole thing, so I can judge for sure if I'm just unaware of exactly what's being changed.
I think you should play it first, definatly. I can't really defend this game myself because I haven't played it yet. It's best to go study the two games and compare them. I have, and they look MUCH different from each other.

Looks can be deceving, though.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah let's try not to start an argument about emulators, shall we? Discussion of them should be kept to an absolute minimum unless it's relevant to mention explicitly.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
tough not everyone has that money..... i so want to kick blue´s and cynthia´s *** so badly....
If you don't have the money, logic would dictate that you just can't get the game. I don't have the money to buy a car either, but I'm not going to steal a car because I don't have the money.

Again, if you want to use emulators, that's your own business, but SmashBoards does not condone the use of them, and I'd appreciate it if you would keep the discussion of them to a minimum. Talking about how much you love not having to pay for games with them? Not a good discussion to be having.

Top Bottom