• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Thread

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
i can try at the next s2d tourney .. i am pretty damn good... But the metagame atm is just.... a cluster**** of weather and stall teams. But it is still pokemon nonetheless :)

And omg the soundtrack from BW2 is epic...

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Yes, I did go into Black and White blind because I didn't want to know anything, but that's just silly, and how would you know? unless you can read japanesse, you're not going to know what you're suppose to do on your own without any guides that have been written up.
Just learn Japanese. -_- もっと簡単です。

You should teach me how to play competitive sometime. I'm absolutely horrid at it xD.

I'll teach you what I know if you want. Just PM me on here, the PO forums, or on PO itself. I'm not amazing at it, but I've been playing competitively for nearly 3 years (was a moderator, am now a tour op, trivia admin, etc.). OkamiBW on everything.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Isn't learning Japanese a bit too much to ask of a 'merican?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Firus, think about how you get it though.

Seeing all 649 Pokemon (not sure if including events)...

I think it's pretty obvious why they did it if that's the only way you can get the item.

Plus, unless you're hacking (which was a problem with shinies in the first place), then you're really not losing the rarity factor at all. I mean...
How many people are going to see all 649 Pokemon?

I didn't realize that was how you got the item. Guess that sort of makes sense, then.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone have information on how the "Memory Link" works?

If it connects to your old game, I just might have to beat Black and White first before getting 2.

I think I lost my copy of white, which was my main game

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
You connect to your B/W copy and stuff happens.

Sully

Smash Cadet
Firus, think about how you get it though.

Seeing all 649 Pokemon (not sure if including events)...

I think it's pretty obvious why they did it if that's the only way you can get the item.

Plus, unless you're hacking (which was a problem with shinies in the first place), then you're really not losing the rarity factor at all. I mean...
How many people are going to see all 649 Pokemon?

On the bright side, they put a shiny Haxorus, and a Gible/Dratini in it. And filling the Unova dex to get Haxorus shouldn't be too hard

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Poison Heal Roost Gliscor

Technician Breloom

Skill Link Cincinno

(Maybe) Imposter Ditto.

The metagame's going to shifted up a lot, lol.

Black Kyurem seriously got the short stick in moveset though.
It doesn't get Icicle Crash, Ice Punch, or even Ice Fang, move tutors or otherwise, leaving it with no physical Ice STAB beyond its one-turn-startup Freeze Shock. It still has Outrage, but it lacks STAB since BK is Ice/Electric (It IS Ice/Electric, right?). WK definitely won out, with STAB Ice Beams, STAB Blizzards, and Draco Meteors to make up for the one-turn-startup Ice Burn.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
The thing about Ditto is that although it's a very good revenge killer, it's rarely the best revenge killer you could choose.

All Kyurem forms are Ice/Dragon.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
So I check on Seribii and it said you can evolve Electabuzz into Electivire. Can someone tell me if this is true or not.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Man. My Sandslash took out Clay's Final Pokemon and Elesa's Final Pokemon, both with one hit of Magnitude. Hell yea.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want to get an Ampharos.

Ampharos is awesome

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Especially Riolu.
I'm surprised you can get both Riolu & Gorwlithe so early in. But then again I'm not complaining.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
So Kyurem-W is really good. He's pretty much got all the tools he needs to hit everything in Ubers for huge damage, especially since he has the best Draco Meteor in the game and he outspeeds most of the big threats in the tier. I think he may actually replace Kyogre on a lot of teams that already have something to control weather, notably sun teams.

This set in particular is the best:

Kyurem-W @ Choice Specs
Turboblaze
Timid
40 Def/252 SpA/216 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Fusion Flare
- Ice Beam

Speed is just enough to outspeed +nature base 90s. You need Def in order to even have a chance to survive Scizor's Bullet Punches and not be 2HKO'd by support Excadrill, and it's more useful than HP and SpD because this is generally played as a revenge killer since it has no real unique resistances (in fact, it only has 3 resistances). With hazards up, there's a very small number of things that it can't OHKO with Draco Meteor (and these things tend to be Blissey, SpD Heatran, etc.). It's just a phenomenal pokemon overall.

Kyurem-B sucks though. He just doesn't have a good movepool. Poor guy. Maybe you could run a Sub/Dragon Tail build?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I wish I'd seen kyurem-b's lack of movepool before saying that it was almost broken...lol

Also, I am highly late to the party but is Prankster Riolu finally released? If so, this means my NU SpeedShuffle team can finally work its magic...........................:D:D:D:D:D:D

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I got the last two badges. I'm on Team Plasma's ship after the cave on route 22.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I enjoy it. I'm sure people have mixed feelings about it.
Pokemon World Tournament is a cool little thing they added to keep your attention while gaining BP.
It's also cool that you can catch non-Isshu pokemon now before beating the game.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You know what's really nice? The Hidden Hollows. Now, you can CATCH Technician Breloom. Oh, the dreams~ Same with Pranksteriolu.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Agreed. RSE were the best games by far!

On another note, am I the only one that thinks the hidden hollow thing is awesome? I really love the idea of being able to check something each day and get an item or pokemon xD. Very creative imo.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I was only kidding, despite RBY being my favourite gen, I know it has been surpassed.

I don't see how RSE could be the best gen though. BW surpasses it in basically every way except maybe having worse pokemon. I don't see how anything other than nostalgia could make someone think that RSE is better than BW. RBY and GSC have been surpassed, but at least their battle mechanics and EV system are that different to later gens that they offer a different experience.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
It's the fact that RSE has a way higher replay value than BW. The battling is still fast and there are so many modifications to 3rd gen in general that it's just still fun to play. 5th gen, while the games were awesome on first playthrough, simply don't have a replay factor to me. I can play RSE many many times over and over because it's simple enough and I can still find a way to change up the experience every time. With the later game's bigger focus on plot, it's harder to change things up. (Plus the exp thing makes doing challenge runs way more obnoxious than 3rd gen)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
In 10 years BW will have more "replay value" than like Gen 7 too.

The nostalgia effect and people wanting to replay old games gives a false replay value as games get older. RSE is no different. RBY is no different. BW is no different. It's all a matter of personal preference.

Top Bottom