• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't get it. Exp (assuming you mean experience) already directly affects level, how does this change things?
Not every pokemon gains the same levels with the same amount of experience points

Some pokemon level up fast, but when they reach max level they kind of suck, while other pokemon gain levels slowly but are powerful in the end.

If it was based on exp and not level, which is a balancing factor in the game, than some pokemon would be weaker or stronger changing accordingly

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Oh, I see what you're talking about. Yeah, certain Pokemon require less experience to level up each level. In general, stuff that levels slower is better, so that could be interesting.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah, there are six different Experience Point formulas that are used...

Erratic: 125,000 exp. points to level 50; 600,000 exp. points to level 100.
Fast: 100,000 exp. points to level 50; 800,000 exp. points to level 100.
Medium-Fast: 125,000 exp. points to level 50; 1,000,000 exp. points to level 100.
Medium-Slow: 117,360 exp. points to level 50; 1,059,860 exp. points to level 100.
Slow: 156,250 exp. points to level 50; 1,250,000 exp. points to level 100.
Fluctuating: 142,500 exp. points to level 50; 1,640,000 exp. points to level 100.

Erratic and Fluctuating were introduced in the 3rd generation, but there aren't any 5th generation Pokemon that use those formulas.

Erratic starts out leveling up slowly, but once the Pokemon reaches level 50, it'll require less experience to level up than the Pokemon that use the Medium-Fast formula. As for Fluctuating, the Pokemon starts out leveling up very quickly, but as the Pokemon reaches level 50 and beyond, it gets much harder to level it up.

You can easily train a Zangoose to level 100 in just one day, as it only requires 600,000 exp. points to reach that level. Seviper, on the other hand, can't reach level 100 that quickly, requiring 1,640,000 exp. points to reach that point.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I just ran into a wild shiny Throh on the Route right before Victory Road (forgot the number); I got real excited and started attacking it with my Pokemon to weaken it. Then, it used Circle Throw on my Pokemon to send it away, and I waited for one of my other Pokemon to randomly be brought out.

It never happened. :(

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Oh god :(
that, along with stuff like Explosion is my worst fear. I rush through parts where you're forced to partner with an NPC so nothing like that happens, haha.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why does everyone in the GTS want legendaries for even the easiest to find thing?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Fair and balanced trading. Them using logic and reasoning in their given pokemon trades, and sometimes willing to actually work and sacrifice for what they want.

There are a lot cooler pokemon than legendaries...Like Vespiquen for example. I just want to find a female combee. But NOOOOO!!!!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
For those who want Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus, you pretty much need the Pokemon Dream Radar for that, though they will end up having their Dream World abilities when switched back to their Incarnate Formes.

The only problem with this though is that their natures could be completely set, even before you transfer them into Black 2 or White 2.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Why does everyone in the GTS want legendaries for even the easiest to find thing?
it really pisses me off... I remembered that I wanted a Froslass for my Ghost-type team and they all had absurd requests like Lv100 Rayquaza or Lv9 or less Reshiram, which is obviously impossible to have!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've pretty much completed the main story of White Version 2 after a tough journey.

I used Lucario, Excadrill, Krookodile, Serperior, Swanna, and Haxorus against the Elite Four and Iris.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm trying to use pokemon I didn't use in Black and White.

Unfortunately, I used all the good pokemon in those games. So I'm not sure what I'm left with

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I just got lvl1 Scyther for a lvl1 karrablast from GTS. You guys are just doing it wrong =P.

Psycho who did you use the first time around?

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Volcarona, Hydregion, Eelectross, Ferrothorn, Reuniclus, Carracosta, Excadrill

Serperior, Scrafty, and Scolipede were alternates depending on the situation. Mostly because they were the same levels as the others

(Actually I used Scrafty more than Carracosta but my favorite animals are turtles so I am going to include him in my "Main Team". It was a scrafty I bread to be really good, a dragon dancer as well. Also because of alliteration)

ndayday

BRoomer
Yup, just beat the game last night, finished with Maractus, Drifloon, Flygon, Vespiquen, Wigglytuff, and Carracosta.

concerning the GTS, I find if you yourself put up a fair trade it happens pretty quickly. I've had my trades go in less than 2 minutes sometimes. Still wish there was a search that would enable you to see what people are offering for a Pokemon you have.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Man, I just used the GTS for the first time in a while. Why does everyone want a Lvl 9 or under Reshiram/Zekrom or an evolved Pokemon who you can't get at that Lvl? It's also really annoying to have People nickname their Pokemon after another Pokemon. "I'm looking for a Dewott, not Dewott the Digglet!" >_>

It may be time for me to break out my Action Replay. And no, I wouldn't feel bad about it, feels worse to see how broken the GTS system is and how unreasonable people are. "If you want a Lvl 1 Kyurem I'll make sure you get one."

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I remember that back in the Diamond and Pearl versions, there's a trick that you can use to get any Pokemon who evolves by trade to evolve without actually trading it. I wonder if it still works in the 5th generation titles.

Edit: Checked Bulbapedia, and it seems that the GTS trick got removed.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I remember using that trick all the time. I don't remember how to do it, but I'm sure they fixed it.

I have both versions, and a DS Lite, DSXL, and 3DS so I probably don't need to do it this time around

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's the URL link, regarding that GTS trick...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Global_Terminal#Trade_evolution_glitch

Anyway, because I don't have any other 5th generation versions right now, I can't do any safe trades, which does mean that Pokemon like Gigalith and Conkeldurr are out of my reach at the moment. Yeah I know that an NPC character has a Gigalith, but having one that has an Adamant nature is something that only breeding can accomplish.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Never heard of that trick before, I'll definitely have to look it up. Doesn't help with all the Lvl >9 Reshirams/Zekroms people are asking for though.

Sad thing is fixing the GTS is a rather simple process. Just get rid of the Lvl Requirements when seeking a Pokemon, and have every Pokemon available for seeking, not just the ones you've seen in your Pokedex. Also showing more info about the Pokemon, such as Nature and where they caught it, someone is offering and not making it a requirement like Lvls would be nice as well as to get more specific Pokemon without it being hazardous to the trading process and avoiding getting scammed by Hacked Pokemon.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I guess in a way, a valid trade would be one that's sensible. For example, trading your Braviary for a Mandibuzz is acceptable, since they're version exclusive Pokemon, and one of them can't be caught in your game.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just noticed that Black 2 gets more exclusives than white 2, and that more it gets is because Black 2 gets Garchomp wtih White 2 getting nothing near his level in return

You think they'd balance that with tyrannitar or something

ndayday

BRoomer
Here's the URL link, regarding that GTS trick...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Global_Terminal#Trade_evolution_glitch

Anyway, because I don't have any other 5th generation versions right now, I can't do any safe trades, which does mean that Pokemon like Gigalith and Conkeldurr are out of my reach at the moment. Yeah I know that an NPC character has a Gigalith, but having one that has an Adamant nature is something that only breeding can accomplish.
Either the guy with the Gigalith is always Adamant or you can soft reset for the nature (or maybe it's decided when you start the game?) because the Gigalith I got from his is Adamant.

also finding 5% encounter rate Pokemon is so hard...I'm driving myself crazy trying to find a Politoed.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I was actually able to catch the very first wild Rufflet that I saw. Good thing that its catch rate is at a good level; 190.

I just noticed that Black 2 gets more exclusives than white 2, and that more it gets is because Black 2 gets Garchomp wtih White 2 getting nothing near his level in return

You think they'd balance that with tyrannitar or something
That is quite odd. You'd think that the Dratini family would be White Version 2 exclusive because of that.

You can get a shiny Dratini as a gift if you've successfully defeated Benga in White Version 2.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
pretty sure this is true, it was in the earlier versions for sure and there's no real reason to remove it from later games
This is pretty much why breeding tends to be a better answer for raising good Pokemon. Of course, breeding Dream World abilities is pretty much futile for any Pokemon that's 100% male or genderless.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
So I'm trying to get someone to trade me a Braviary so I can complete my Pokédex and since I can't get it in Black 2. One trip to the GTS later?

... I ****ing hate GTS. Everyone wants Level 9 Reshiram and Level 9 Zekrom. If I knew how to use Pokémon Generator and created one? I'd stick it to them and call mine "Problem?" when I traded them what they wanted. :p

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
GTS actually doesn't allow you to trade Pokemon that are an impossible level.

Yeah...

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
GTS actually doesn't allow you to trade Pokemon that are an impossible level.

Yeah...
Yeah. And it also doesn't let you trade Pokemon that are hacked, due to an ID check I think.

Put up a Grumpig though since you can only get it in Black 2 anyway, so we'll see what happens. One time I got a trade for a baby Treecko though! Turned out it came from Japan AND it was Shiny! I still use it on my team even though it's got a neutral nature.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Yeah. And it also doesn't let you trade Pokemon that are hacked, due to an ID check I think.

Put up a Grumpig though since you can only get it in Black 2 anyway, so we'll see what happens. One time I got a trade for a baby Treecko though! Turned out it came from Japan AND it was Shiny! I still use it on my team even though it's got a neutral nature.
Man, check out that hacked Pokemon you just got!

The hack checker in Pokemon is really bad.

There are actually fan made tools that are better hack checkers than the official one in-game is.

Yeah.

Enjoy your Pokegen'd Treecko, I guess

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Man, check out that hacked Pokemon you just got!

The hack checker in Pokemon is really bad.

There are actually fan made tools that are better hack checkers than the official one in-game is.

Yeah.

Enjoy your Pokegen'd Treecko, I guess
Well, it looked like it was hatched in the usual spot in Diamond & Pearl version along that single path (forget names lol). Came to me as LVL 1 and I put up one of my bred Kanto starters. Whether it was Pokegen hacked or not, it's IVs weren't broken or hacked randomly either way.

Still special to me. :p

Top Bottom