• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Thread

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Did anyone get an uneasy feeling when they saw White Kyurem's animations? It didn't make me feel good briefly; ironic, considering my White Kyurem avatar.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
it's a mystery for the ages... memory issues, perhaps?
Pokemon has this thing they consider having multiple Pokemon from one game "cheating"

They don't allowing copying GC gamedata in the fear that people would get multiple of Pokemon XD or Colo Shadow mons.

They don't want one memory card outputting many of one Pokemon, it seems.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Pokemon has this thing they consider having multiple Pokemon from one game "cheating"

They don't allowing copying GC gamedata in the fear that people would get multiple of Pokemon XD or Colo Shadow mons.

They don't want one memory card outputting many of one Pokemon, it seems.
that's one way to see things. perhaps this is the reason for only one save per copy.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Chee.
Aw man, the Global trade System is totally worthless. Why does everyone want some legendary at level 9 or less, thats like, totally impossible to obtain?

Well, anywho.

Sense GTS ain't unusable, does anyone here have a Tyrouge there willing to trade for something? Or hitmonchan. Whichever really~ Nature doesn't even have to be good. I just really want one to complete my all fighting type team. <3

If anyone has a female smeargle as well, i'd like to make a trade.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Amusingly, I received a shiny female Zorua from someone after offering a Snivy. Now, I'm leaning towards getting a Gible at the GTS, seeing as it's not available in White 2; offering a Deino for a Gible sounds about right.

In terms of the impossible to obtain legendaries, that likely has to do with the PokeGen program, which can modify your Pokemon game data by altering the details of your Pokemon.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Chee.
Aw man, the Global trade System is totally worthless. Why does everyone want some legendary at level 9 or less, thats like, totally impossible to obtain?

Well, anywho.

Sense GTS ain't unusable, does anyone here have a Tyrouge there willing to trade for something? Or hitmonchan. Whichever really~ Nature doesn't even have to be good. I just really want one to complete my all fighting type team. <3

If anyone has a female smeargle as well, i'd like to make a trade.
I have a few. Do you want one with steadfast or guts? And I think I traded my sneargle but I might have another I dunno right now. If you have a drizzle politied I really want that if not I'll take whatever. Just let me know when you can trade.
:phone:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
You need it for dex completion? I have a Vespiquen if that's the case.

I never played those titles, but I am pretty much outraged by this dilemma.

I'm just as puzzled as you are there. Now, if you want to get good Pokemon, you have to resort to modifying your game data so that the Pokemon that you've bred can have good IVs. This applies to Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus as well, especially if you've received them from Pokemon Dream Radar.

Of course, the adjustments do need to be legal, or else you risk getting banned from Wi-Fi for using the Pokemon; for example, Sableye can not have Wonder Guard.

Anyway, from what I've gathered, PokeGen appears to be a manageable option for adjusting Pokemon IVs, natures, genders, abilities, and so forth, while keeping the adjustments legal, but you do need the proper accessories if you want your PC to extract any game data from your DS game card.
It actually kind of evens out since you can pass IVs with the Power items/breeding mechanics in general now or since PtHGSS at least. Assuming you can get parents with good IVs it doesn't take too long to get a Pokemon with nice IVs.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nah, it's that Vespiquen is one of my favorite pokemon and I've been trying to catch one for a while

ndayday

BRoomer
Nah, it's that Vespiquen is one of my favorite pokemon and I've been trying to catch one for a while
Ohh, have you tried I think it's Lostlorn Forest? I had caught an extra one while I was there but I traded it away, go figure.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It actually kind of evens out since you can pass IVs with the Power items/breeding mechanics in general now or since PtHGSS at least. Assuming you can get parents with good IVs it doesn't take too long to get a Pokemon with nice IVs.
The only flaw with the IV passing is that if both parents are holding the EV Items, only one of the chosen IVs will be passed on, not both. For instance, if one parent is holding the Power Bracer, while the other is holding the Power Anklet, the offspring will either inherit the Power Bracer holder's Attack IV, OR the Power Anklet holder's Speed IV, but not both. I learned that the hard way when I tried to pass on perfect IVs for HP and Attack for a Throh.

Anyway, because the IVs are set before you even get the Pokemon eggs now, you're pretty much dealing with a very tedious road if you want to pass on perfect IVs.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Has anyone ever noticed that the Eevee with the Dream World ability is heavily opposing its gender ratio? Eevee's gender ratio is 87.5:12.5, and yet after doing as many as 100 soft-resets, not even one of those Dream World ability Eevees is female.

I know that getting a female Eevee is no small task, but what I'm dealing with is just ridiculous, especially since males can't pass on their Dream World abilities to their offspring.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm pretty sure that Dream World mons are pre-set when sent down. It's decided when you download them, not when you enter battle.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm pretty sure that Dream World mons are pre-set when sent down. It's decided when you download them, not when you enter battle.
This Eevee that I'm talking about is a gift at Castelia City though, so that stuff should easily be overruled. Even some of the fossil Pokemon that I've received are female gendered.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
The Castelia City gift is 100% male. Serebii and Marriland say so :p.

Edit: I thought Serebii did. Welp. Marriland says so, anyways. May not be 100% true, but I'd stop trying and start going after all of the hidden grottos if I were you.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Has anyone ever noticed that the Eevee with the Dream World ability is heavily opposing its gender ratio? Eevee's gender ratio is 87.5:12.5, and yet after doing as many as 100 soft-resets, not even one of those Dream World ability Eevees is female.

I know that getting a female Eevee is no small task, but what I'm dealing with is just ridiculous, especially since males can't pass on their Dream World abilities to their offspring.
You might just have to go to the dreamworld.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Castelia City gift is 100% male. Serebii and Marriland say so :p.

Edit: I thought Serebii did. Welp. Marriland says so, anyways. May not be 100% true, but I'd stop trying and start going after all of the hidden grottos if I were you.

Bulbapedia never really mentions that information either, apart from the fact that it has its Dream World ability.

Also, while Serebii says that Eevee can be found in a random Hidden Grotto, Bulbapedia does not mention that info whatsoever.

You might just have to go to the dreamworld.
Well, I have gotten a female Druddigon from the Dream World, but I still need more Dream Points in order to access the other parts of the Island of Dreams.

I'm still pretty disturbed that you're not able to get any damage-reducing berries anywhere else, as your opponents in Black 2 and White 2 seem to get hold of them quite easily; this is especially noticeable at the White Treehollow, in White 2.

ndayday

BRoomer
^I have heard it's always male as well.

Only "rare" thing I've got from the grottos so far is a DWF Cubchoo which is pretty cool I guess eheheheheh

BlueStar03

Smash Cadet

I'm still pretty disturbed that you're not able to get any damage-reducing berries anywhere else, as your opponents in Black 2 and White 2 seem to get hold of them quite easily; this is especially noticeable at the White Treehollow, in White 2.
It seems like the AI loves to use this approach in these games. I haven't tried the White Treehollow yet but I've done 11 Battle Tests in Nimbasa and there is always at least one Focus Sash and one Sturdy pokemon in the 5 battles. I've also encountered lots of the berries you mention plus I've seen Enigma berries used often (put the opponents HP in red after they've fainted). It's pretty annoying. I'm expecting to see this alot in the PWT.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My last 2 GTS trades went down easy.

I wanted a female combee and a baltoy, offering a riolu and a drifbloom. The Baltoy was Japanese

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It seems like the AI loves to use this approach in these games. I haven't tried the White Treehollow yet but I've done 11 Battle Tests in Nimbasa and there is always at least one Focus Sash and one Sturdy pokemon in the 5 battles. I've also encountered lots of the berries you mention plus I've seen Enigma berries used often (put the opponents HP in red after they've fainted). It's pretty annoying. I'm expecting to see this alot in the PWT.
This is pretty much where a Pokemon with the Mold Breaker ability really comes in handy, though even they can't prevent the activation of Focus Sash.

Unfortunately, every Pokemon with Mold Breaker is best suited as a physical sweeper, which is a problem, since a lot of Pokemon with the Sturdy ability have high defenses, and don't take any damage from Sandstorm.

Anyway, I guess the reason for why Sturdy got a buff is so that the Pokemon with common major weaknesses (such as Aggron typically being 1-hit KO'd by Aura Sphere, even with a Chople Berry in hand) can have a chance to retaliate hard.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sturdy got boosted because it was a worthless ability.

Now that it prevents from ANY move that will 1HKO it, instead of 1HKO moves, which were unreliable and BANNED anyway, it has a place in competitive battling

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sturdy got boosted because it was a worthless ability.

Now that it prevents from ANY move that will 1HKO it, instead of 1HKO moves, which were unreliable and BANNED anyway, it has a place in competitive battling
Last I've checked, Sturdy still protects the Pokemon from Fissure, Horn Drill, Guillotine, and Sheer Cold.

Anyway, while Pokemon like Aggron can benefit from this buff, it is a double-edged sword, as Aggron's Rock Head ability can negate the nasty recoil damage that Head Smash delivers, which is not the case with Sturdy.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last I've checked, Sturdy still protects the Pokemon from Fissure, Horn Drill, Guillotine, and Sheer Cold.

Anyway, while Pokemon like Aggron can benefit from this buff, it is a double-edged sword, as Aggron's Rock Head ability can negate the nasty recoil damage that Head Smash delivers, which is not the case with Sturdy.
I meant instead of just those moves. I know it still protects from them

I like it's boost. Adds more variety instead of an obvious choice

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Snivy w/ Contrary doesn't exist at all. Not even in JP DW.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Snivy w/ Contrary doesn't exist at all. Not even in JP DW.
Well, a new Dream World area has been announced, but we don't know which Pokemon can be found there. Likewise, you can't get a Mewtwo with the Unnerve ability either, which would easily mess up any Pokemon who use the damage-reduction berries.

Oddly, the information that I've gathered for the Torchic family states that you can't get it at the Dream World, and yet its Dream World ability is available.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You can't get it in the DW.

It's DW ability was an event.

Also, Unnerve would be meaningless against Mewtwo, what a terrible example.
1. Ubers mons don't use the berries
2. Mewtwo doesn't have moves that would warrant the use of them.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You can't get it in the DW.

It's DW ability was an event.

Also, Unnerve would be meaningless against Mewtwo, what a terrible example.
1. Ubers mons don't use the berries
2. Mewtwo doesn't have moves that would warrant the use of them.
I was only using an example. It's not like you'll always encounter the damage-reduction berries, but they could still spell trouble if the item holder is a heavy hitter.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually I tried pokegen'ing legendaries less than level 10 in Platinum and it still wouldn't let me trade for the pokemon they wanted.

I think people are either trying to clog up the GTS: In protest, because they are *******es or they are using the GTS to display to the world awesome pokemon they caught

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What's even more ironic is that even if you do a legal offer, no one even wants to trade with you.

At the rate I'm in, I may have to resort to the Dream World if I hope to get a Starly or its evolutions, as it's becoming quite clear that no one cares for the Pidove family.

Top Bottom