• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Thread

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
nobody cares for the pidove family because ****ing everyone can get one.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Pidove's were near the first town I would get them.

Just like I always got pidgey's.

They appear too late in the game for me to care though.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
That's true.

I personally don't care for the "typical bird pokemon" in 5th gen. Swellow and Noctowl are cool.

Also, hooray for getting Rotom in any form with IN GAME trade. Mine is a Bold nature though...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That's true.

I personally don't care for the "typical bird pokemon" in 5th gen. Swellow and Noctowl are cool.

Also, hooray for getting Rotom in any form with IN GAME trade. Mine is a Bold nature though...
you can also get Rotom via Dream World.

I still wonder when they will release more Hidden Ability Pokémon... I want my Shadow Tag Chandelure, even though its other two abilities aren't bad either. Flame Body is good for defensive sets and Flash Fire to switch in if you predict the foe's move and counter it with a powerful Fire Blast or Overheat.

but switching to Shadow Tag Chandelure can be a quite cruel move if the foe is using a Choice item (and is stuck with a move which Chandelure resists) or has no way to hit you efficiently. it could be a way to say "I've won" if the foe has only one Pokémon left.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
nobody cares for the pidove family because ****ing everyone can get one.
I would think that the offer would be valid, since both Starly and Pidove can be caught very early in their respective generation titles. But I guess the fact that Staraptor bests Unfezant at everything makes the offer much less worthy.

Still, Starly can breed, so a Starly owner can easily offer me a Starly that hatched from an egg.

Now that I think about it though, Staraptor is much more lethal with the Reckless ability, considering its access to Brave Bird and Double-Edge (Egg Move), but I need more Dream World points to access the area where Staravia can be found.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I would think that the offer would be valid, since both Starly and Pidove can be caught very early in their respective generation titles. But I guess the fact that Staraptor bests Unfezant at everything makes the offer much less worthy.

Still, Starly can breed, so a Starly owner can easily offer me a Starly that hatched from an egg.

Now that I think about it though, Staraptor is much more lethal with the Reckless ability, considering its access to Brave Bird and Double-Edge (Egg Move), but I need more Dream World points to access the area where Staravia can be found.
speaking of birds, Fearow and Braviary are no slouch. Fearow with Drill Run have wrecked my Magnezone and Chandelure more than once.

Pidgeot isn't too bad either, but there are better choices. and Noctowl has a different movepool compared to other Normal/Flying types, which isn't bad at all.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
Chee.
Aw man, the Global trade System is totally worthless. Why does everyone want some legendary at level 9 or less, thats like, totally impossible to obtain.
Whenever I see that it means they're showing off their legendaries, because remember you can only trade Pokemon you already caught before.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Everything I have can be found through breeding/ wild, and I'm keeping my shiny Golduck...

I'm not in desperate need for Mudkip but it's unobtainable without trading.

EDIT: I have an extra Old Amber if anyone wants an Aerodactyl.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Shiny golduck or no deal =P. Seriously though you can just give me anything for it then just tell me when you can trade.
:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'll trade you that mudkip, for a level 9 arceus

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, I was able to get a Staravia from the Dream World. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a female one, so I'm not able to pass on its Dream World ability.

Of course, it is pretty odd that Starly does not have a Dream World ability, and yet its evolutions do. This can make it real tricky to figure out if Staravia will have Intimidate or Reckless as its ability.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Kk that's fine. And psycho that sounds good to me!

Does anyone have a tentacool or cruel? It's only like 12 total on GTS and the only one that wants a Pokemon I can actually get was already traded away.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'm not looking for anything at all so I'll take whatever you want to offer.

Can you be on in 5 minutes-ish?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Ahh not sure what happened but I'll be right back!

Thanks! I'll take a water type any day! :p

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind :)

Oh yeah. If anybody wants a non-legendary Pokemon from Pokemon Dream Radar, I'll do what I can to find one for you!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm now offering an Archen for a female Eevee. I'm hoping for an Eevee that has its Dream World ability though.

Sadly, the area that you can get Eevee at the Dream World is promotion-exclusive, and the one that you get as a gift always ends up being male, even though sources state that its gender is not predetermined.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
There are a lot of reasonable trades already like I saw a Vlv9 staryu, Vlv9 abra, Vlv9 torchic without even restricting level or location. If you dont have any of them I can get one for you but I feel like there are a lot more possible trades that you can make if you look harder.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@disfunkshunal: Sorry, but someone got to my request some time after you posted. Unfortunately, the Eevee does not have its Dream World ability.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Smogon has a few threads where people are literally handing these things out to people who need them for competitive training.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Smogon has a few threads where people are literally handing these things out to people who need them for competitive training.
I guess if worse comes to worse, resort to PokeGen to get one, IF you keep it looking legal.

Of course, Espeon and Leafeon pretty much rely on their Dream World abilities more than Eevee's other evolutions, but I guess an Inner Focus Umbreon also works if it's focusing on the move Payback; Payback's power is doubled if Umbreon attacks after its target.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
that's how i got my dream world eevee, right off the gts, someone had it just hanging there with a fair trade, and i got a FEMALE dream world eevee

mood4food77

Smash Hero
you don't

it just so happens that i got a female dream world eevee for something stupid

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Got Black 2 last week. It's been a very enjoyable week.

I'm completely in love with this OST. Aspertia Town, Nimbasa Gym, ACHROMA, the rival theme, and the Unova (including the final Pokemon) and Kanto Gym Leader remixes are incredible.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, I've managed to take advantage of PokeGen yesterday, and I must say, it's living up to its reputation. A better choice than Action Replay if you want good Pokemon, but want to keep them looking legal.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've did some further tests with PokeGen, and it seems that you may end up with duplicate items if you don't pay close attention to what's in your inventory.

Regarding Dream World abilities, I've been studying how PokeGen handles that too.

[collapse=PokeGen Image]

The section that reads "Extra bytes" seems to affect whether or not your Pokemon will get its Dream World ability. If the value is "0", then the Pokemon only gets its normal abilities; if the value is "1", then the Pokemon will get its Dream World ability (if it has one).

For some odd reason though, N's Zorua has an extra byte value of "2", especially considering that the Zorua family can only have the Illusion ability. Of course, for a Pokemon like Starly, that value will determine if its evolutions will get Intimidate (0) or Reckless (1). Also, while Therian Forme Tornadus will always have Regenerator as its ability, its Incarnate Forme will either get Prankster (0) or Defiant (1), depending on its extra byte value.
[/collapse]

In terms of Wi-Fi, as of right now, I've still been able to access the Pokemon Dream World.

Top Bottom